2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/06, 09:39 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangNut
That sounds like a GT350 to me.

Amy, please read my personal preference of what a GT350 should be and pass it around at Shelby. (post # 46) Not only would it be a great tribute to the original, but it would also, IMO, help keeo the dealer mark-up down because it would be such a bare bones car.
NO... no more bare bones cars!!

We've already got a buggy axle from a silver cross pram and interior plastics used in lunch boxes. How much more "retro" do we need?!
Old 8/6/06, 09:54 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The fan base and realistic potential buyers would be greater than that of the GT500 if the price turns out to be affordable, and if some retraint is placed on the dealers.

It would be in Shelby's advantage to spill the beans on the specs and particulars ASAP. Good will towards the customer base can work wonders specially if enthusiasm is built rather than pessimism.

As proven, in Mustang forums good news travels fast, bad news travels even faster.
Old 8/6/06, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
I will get the info tomorrow on the release. I am waiting for the final version.

On the colors, I would think history. I don't want to use colors that should be used for something more appropreiate

Amy
OK history GT 350, WHITE/BLUE-BLACK/GOLD-/RED/BLACK- RED/WHITE-GREEN/WHITE, that is all i can think of.
Old 8/6/06, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The fan base and realistic potential buyers would be greater than that of the GT500 if the price turns out to be affordable, and if some retraint is placed on the dealers.

It would be in Shelby's advantage to spill the beans on the specs and particulars ASAP. Good will towards the customer base can work wonders specially if enthusiasm is built rather than pessimism.

As proven, in Mustang forums good news travels fast, bad news travels even faster.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON!!!
Old 8/6/06, 11:05 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, that's high praise.
Old 8/6/06, 11:32 PM
V6 Member

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
The 1966 Shelby Color Chart

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=83>Mustang Color Code</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Color Name</TD><TD align=middle width=160>DuPont

Number
</TD><TD align=middle width=160>Ditzler

Number
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>A</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Raven Black</TD><TD align=middle width=160>88</TD><TD align=middle width=160>9300</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>M</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Wimbledon White</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4480</TD><TD align=middle width=160>8378</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>R</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Ivy Green</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4611</TD><TD align=middle width=160>43408</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>G</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Sapphire Blue</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4735</TD><TD align=middle width=160>13075</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>T</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Candyapple Red</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4737</TD><TD align=middle width=160>71528</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>All 1966 Shelby Mustangs received black vinyl interior. Sapphire Blue was a Thunderbird color called Bright Blue Metallic.

Rocker Panel Stripes: White cars had blue stripes. All other cars had white stripes. Twenty-nine Black GT 350's had white stripes. Hertz cars had gold stripes except a few early ones that were white with blue stripes.

LeMans Stripes: Same Color combinations as the Rocker Panel Stripes. Some stripes were applied at Shelby American, most were painted on by the dealer. Most Hertz cars had LeMans stripes (early cars didn't). All 1965 Shelbys were white.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 8/6/06, 11:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mark1
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
The 1966 Shelby Color Chart

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=83>Mustang Color Code</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Color Name</TD><TD align=middle width=160>DuPont

Number

</TD><TD align=middle width=160>Ditzler

Number

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>A</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Raven Black</TD><TD align=middle width=160>88</TD><TD align=middle width=160>9300</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>M</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Wimbledon White</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4480</TD><TD align=middle width=160>8378</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>R</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Ivy Green</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4611</TD><TD align=middle width=160>43408</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>G</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Sapphire Blue</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4735</TD><TD align=middle width=160>13075</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=83>T</TD><TD align=middle width=271>Candyapple Red</TD><TD align=middle width=160>4737</TD><TD align=middle width=160>71528</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>All 1966 Shelby Mustangs received black vinyl interior. Sapphire Blue was a Thunderbird color called Bright Blue Metallic.

Rocker Panel Stripes: White cars had blue stripes. All other cars had white stripes. Twenty-nine Black GT 350's had white stripes. Hertz cars had gold stripes except a few early ones that were white with blue stripes.

LeMans Stripes: Same Color combinations as the Rocker Panel Stripes. Some stripes were applied at Shelby American, most were painted on by the dealer. Most Hertz cars had LeMans stripes (early cars didn't). All 1965 Shelbys were white.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
THANK YOU,i put in red 2 times and left out the blue.
Old 8/7/06, 12:13 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the colors, I would think history. I don't want to use colors that should be used for something more appropreiate

Amy
2 colors?, history? Gotta keep going white with blue stripes for 1 of the colors.

My guess is the other color combo is either Vista Blue and white stripes, or Redfire and white stripes (already used black on the GT-H so Black with white stripes maybe too close to the GT-H)
Old 8/7/06, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would assume Amy B is Amy Boylan...President of Shelby Automobiles Inc. So we are hearing things from a pretty darn good source.

Thanks for your participation Amy...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=649 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Shelby Automobiles Inc. Shifts Gears With New Management </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Amy Boylan Named President of Shelby Automobiles LAS VEGAS, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Carroll Shelby International,Inc. (OTC: CSBI), the parent company of Shelby Automobiles Inc., todayannounced the appointment of Amy Boylan as President of Shelby Automobiles,Inc., effective immediately. In her new role as President, Boylan willprovide oversight of the company's sales, marketing, production and financialareas at the Las Vegas, NV headquarters. "We are very excited to have Amy Boylan as the President of ShelbyAutomobiles," said John Luft, President of Carroll Shelby International, Inc."Amy brings a passion for business and automobiles which is the perfectcombination for our business. Her creativity and leadership will help uselevate Shelby Automobiles to the next level." Boylan, an expert at streamlining and optimizing corporate efficiencies,joins Shelby Automobiles following a successful tenure as Senior VicePresident at Mattel. During her time at Mattel, Boylan built its softwaredivision into a $140 million enterprise, re-organized the company'sentertainment division and increased sales in its Hot Wheels adult division.Boylan oversaw the implementation of the Hot Wheels Collector Club, now amulti-million dollar collector business, and the installation of the HotWheels Hall of Fame at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. During her seven-year tenure with Mattel, attendance at Hot Wheelscollector conventions jumped from 1,500 to more than 5,000 participantsannually. Boylan was also responsible for developing synergistic marketingprograms, expanding partnerships with Formula One and NHRA and building amulti-year partnership with eBay. Boylan also reinvigorated Mattel'spartnerships with automotive legends John and Ashley Force, Tom "The Mongoose"McEwen, George Barris and Don "The Snake" Prudhomme. Prior to joining Mattel, Boylan served as studio head and Vice Presidentof Development for Microprose Software, Inc, a Maryland-based leader in thedevelopment of PC strategy and simulation games. She was instrumental inleading Micropose to "Studio of the Year" recognition prior to its sale toHasbro. "I am excited to join the Shelby Automobiles team and have the opportunityto work with the legendary Carroll Shelby," said Boylan. "In my new role asPresident of Shelby Automobiles, I will be working on many new excitingmarketing and manufacturing programs such as the new Ford Shelby Cobra GT 500with Ford Motor Company, as well as the car that started it all, the legendaryShelby Cobra."

</PRE>
Old 8/7/06, 10:55 AM

Pics From Ford Dealer Meeting Wont Load!!!

allright, guys heres the deal. those pics of the shelby GT i have were form my cell phone and they are 900 KB each and i cant exceed 500 on this forum. does anybody know how i can get these pictures onto this website??? lemme know, the sooner i post them the sooner you see the car. if anybody wants an email if you post your email address i will try to email them to you if we cant get them to the site.
Old 8/7/06, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
After reading some of her old posts, I'd say you're probably right. Nice work.

Thanks for being here, Amy.
Old 8/7/06, 11:06 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jonb347
allright, guys heres the deal. those pics of the shelby GT i have were form my cell phone and they are 900 KB each and i cant exceed 500 on this forum. does anybody know how i can get these pictures onto this website??? lemme know, the sooner i post them the sooner you see the car. if anybody wants an email if you post your email address i will try to email them to you if we cant get them to the site.
Try emailing them to me. I'll resize them and post them for you.
The following users liked this post:
RandyGT2000 (6/20/24)
Old 8/7/06, 11:08 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 65 to 05
I would assume Amy B is Amy Boylan...President of Shelby Automobiles Inc. So we are hearing things from a pretty darn good source.
No doubt but hints and teasing don't make it. I would assume the facts would be a lot more pleasing.

</PRE>
Old 8/7/06, 11:50 AM

Here Are The Pics!!!!

not sure what you meant by that facts thing but whatever, alright here are your pics, i had to downsize them in paint to get them to work on this forum, so they aren't super big but big enough. i dont have any pics of the interior, it didn't look very different other than than the ford racing shifter. underhood looks exactly like the gt-h, didn't have my phone when the hood was up.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
gt1.bmp (378.9 KB, 591 views)
gt21.bmp (481.2 KB, 530 views)
gt31.bmp (420.2 KB, 499 views)
Old 8/7/06, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jonb347
not sure what you meant by that facts thing but whatever, alright here are your pics, i had to downsize them in paint to get them to work on this forum, so they aren't super big but big enough. i dont have any pics of the interior, it didn't look very different other than than the ford racing shifter. underhood looks exactly like the gt-h, didn't have my phone when the hood was up.
Thanks for the pics! Where did you take them?
Old 8/7/06, 12:12 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Wait hold on a sec....those pics are this Shelby GT?
It looks like a GT/CS from the front with a new nose..the scoop even look like the ford peice.

Hey Amy is the grill an overlay like the Hertz car or is it the real deal?
Old 8/7/06, 12:14 PM

As much as I like classic Shelby cars and the new GT500, this doesn't do anything for me. I'd love to see something new but this isn't that much different looking from the GT-H and the Cali Special. Please give us something new and different with more horsepower.
Old 8/7/06, 12:26 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by burningman
Wait hold on a sec....those pics are this Shelby GT?
It looks like a GT/CS from the front with a new nose..the scoop even look like the ford peice.

Hey Amy is the grill an overlay like the Hertz car or is it the real deal?
The plan was 2 fold, to give the dealers a good shelby like the limited we just did and develop a plan to deliver other shelbys as well. all with the right price points. Not every shelby will be 650 horsepower and big $$$ we believe there is a place for a Shelby at between the mustang GT and the GT500 for the public, this is it . There are 2 cars in the Shelby GT offering, one black with silver the other white with silver, they have the ford racing proformance packages, with a new Shelby hood designed with styling ques from the cobra hood scoop, complete with rivets around the scoop. it can also be in manual and automatic, there is other info, I need to wait on the release.

Hope this helps

Amy
The following users liked this post:
RandyGT2000 (6/20/24)
Old 8/7/06, 12:35 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
with a new Shelby hood designed off the cobra scoop, with rivets,
Shelby WT-H.....
I'm sorry but i have no idea what any of this statement means. Last i checked the Cobras didn't have scoops..uhh and rivets???

Now i consider myself to be a pretty visual guy some might say even leaning to imaginative..but i for the life of me can't picture this.
Old 8/7/06, 12:38 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Agreed, but I have a strong relationship with Ford, they are my partner and as such I respest them enough not to go around them, there is a plan. But I will tell you guys all that I can and that is certainly more then you will hear anywhere else...

Amy

Quick Reply: Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!