2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06, 05:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Look for a $34K price tag

AMYB
>> I think this is close, not sure, it all depends on the final build sheet, but we are trying for under 35K

I was also hoping for 32-33k however now it looks like $34,995.
Old 8/8/06, 05:05 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The MSRP on a premium GT vert is $4K+ over a similar equipped premium GT coupe. If the Shelby GT vert comes in at $35K or below then Shelby has himself a best seller. He would outsell any competition.
Old 8/8/06, 05:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

i think pretty much everyone is in agreement for 32k this should be doable no matter what when this becomes 34k most people will opt for other options unfortunately which is sad because I love shelby and would do anything to get ahold of one
Old 8/8/06, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

P.S. As for the locals, I would not knock them if I were you. Many of them are pretty sharp and all around knowledgeable. Even thought the Shelby GT is the best by far, there is no need to sugar coat anything. It's not a matter of not being complimentary, it is a matter of being realistic.
I wasn't trying to insult here and honestly these locals have given me great insights i would have never found anywhere else. The mustang source is without a doubt the best forums for mustangs around. But this thread has definately got some negative feelings and I have definately noticed throughout the forums several individuals negative takes on shelby. All I'm saying is if you don't like shelby then fine you shouldnt be in this section just don't trash a man that has affected more in the automotive industry than many other. Anyway not to vere off topic just didnt mean to disrespect.

chris
Old 8/8/06, 05:20 PM

Chris:

Fair enough. Compliments or criticism usually have their roots and foundation. There isn't a single human being who is infallible, not even the Pope.

History can be ignored but not changed regardless whether it's positive or negative.
Old 8/8/06, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chris:

Fair enough. Compliments or criticism usually have their roots and foundation. There isn't a single human being who is infallible, not even the Pope.

History can be ignored but not changed regardless whether it's positive or negative.
excellent point and I must say it made me laugh I would have to say considering the history of the catholic church ESPECIALLY not the pope would be a touch more accurate rofl

p.s. on topic when we gonna see some pictures???
Old 8/8/06, 06:17 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by buck
a man that has affected more in the automotive industry than many other.
Bold Statements grasshopper....I guess the Bold Moves campaign is working
Old 8/8/06, 06:22 PM

p.s. on topic when we gonna see some pictures???

Sorry! I don't do ****.

Old 8/8/06, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by burningman
Bold Statements grasshopper....I guess the Bold Moves campaign is working
lol been thinkin that since i was about 6 so wasnt the bold moves and as for **** whats wrong with some harmless boobies?
Old 8/8/06, 06:35 PM

I don't have any boobies.

Old 8/8/06, 06:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Settle down guys There are kids in this website reading
Old 8/8/06, 07:08 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh69
She was subtly hinting that the there would be other cars, some more deserving of the blue/white...cough...GT350..cough...
Ok now you have muddied the water for me. I'm now gonna have to wait to see the GT-350 before I make a decision.

I agree with others here that $35K would be too much when the GT-500 lists for a mere ~$5-6K more.

If Motor Trend's estimate that the similiarly equipped automatic GT-H's base price is $32K, then base price on a manual equipped Shelby GT should go for ~$31K. Especially if the Shelby GT uses GT appearance hood scoop (vice the aftermarket CS-6/GT-H hood)
Old 8/8/06, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
... I agree with others here that $35K would be too much when the GT-500 lists for a mere ~$5-6K more.
That's the reality of the after market: paying twice for some parts and labor, and in this case, twice for destination and delivery.

I figured $34K based on what has been discussed and one item which has not, being the 18" wheel and tire upgrade package which runs about $800 on a GT from Ford. Nevertheless, $34K is in line with a special edition although I thought Ford's SEs would be at that level but would pack a lot more performance.
Old 8/8/06, 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
awesome idea!
Old 8/8/06, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Jacostang:
Earlier, Amy said the colors would be limited to Black w/ Silver stripes and White w/ Silver stripes. (post #98)

Buck:
See post #94 for pics... unless you were refering to "official" pics.
Also, In regards to your atempted insults about "the locals", I love the old Shelby's just as much as any other Mustang fan, which is exactly why I'm so critical of a product that, IMHO, doesn't quite live up to the Shelby Mustang name. I've a VERY passionate Mustang fan and I've been one for 22 years. Also I currently own my 5th one so I think that gives me the right to have an opinion on what is done with the Mustang. While Carrol is a great man that did great things, the Mustang itself comes first.

The Price:
Don't forget base sticker price on an '07 Mustang GT is $26K. (GT/CS sticker price is $29K) So even at $32K, that's a $6K upgrade. And then where does the GT350 fall in all this? Can't be too much higher or you're approaching GT500 territory. (base sticker price: $43K)
Old 8/8/06, 09:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks Stangnut, I tried to find it, that narrows the water a wee bit. I was hoping for some Grabber Orange in there somewhere.
Old 8/8/06, 09:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just got my SEMA Forms in the mail today, maybe I'll see something that will put me over the top but not empty by bank account
Old 8/8/06, 09:56 PM
Cobra Member

true but the GT/CS is a vert.... honestly I would think the difference for a coupe with upgrades would even out to a vert without
LOL!! Nooooo, the GT/CS vert stickers for over 34k! I was talking about the coupe that is in the 32k range! The GT/CS is available as a coupe or a vert.
Old 8/8/06, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 94gt
A GT/CS can be had out the door for $29,070 Tres. It come with the 18in. Bullet wheels, IUP and a **** stunning 2 tone interior as part of the $1,895 upgrade. An extra $6,000 base price for 25 more horses and some suspension parts minus the great looking interior. I don't think so. I love Shelby's but no.
Sure, it can be had for x-plan and get down into that range. But I was referring to sticker price. It stickers for 30k to 32k in coupe form (more if heavily optioned), 34k plus in vert form. I assume Amy is talking sticker price as well when she says 34k for the Shelby GT, so I'm comparing apples to apples, not what you might be able to negotiate down to. My point is, the price point she is talking about is not as high as everyone is trying to make it out to be. It is true the GT/CS has a wheel upgrade, but the Shelby GT probably will too. As for the "stunning" 2 tone interior, it is actually not as custom as you might think, it is the same as the base parchment or dove interior except with black carpet and black seats with trim color seat inserts. I'm not talking it down, it looks great. I'm just pointing out that it's not substantially different than what you can probably get in the Shelby as far as an interior upgrade. We haven't seen the Shelby GT interior yet, but it may very well have a unique interior treatment. Both also have some exterior enhancements, so it's a fair comparison. The difference is the Shelby GT will also have suspension mod's and drivetrain mod's (if it follows in the footsteps of the GT-H). I'd say that would fairly place it into a higher price category than the GT/CS. You guys seem to think it should cost the same as a GT/CS, I don't see it that way. Don't forget that these are being modified by Shelby, an independent company. They need to make some profit on these (understandably). Plus the vehicles will have to make a side trip to get modified before going to the dealerships. Don't expect these to be cheap guys!
Old 8/8/06, 10:34 PM
Cobra Member

Out of curiosity I checked to see what the absolute cheapest CS you can get is. You have to get a premium Mustang to get the CS. You also MUST get the comfort group with it which is an additional charge. And of course D&D is required. Here is the absolute lowest price:

Mustang Premium 26,455
Comfort group 575
CS package 1,895
D&D 745
Total 29,670

BUT... you would have to special order it this way. I have yet to see one that is stripped down to this extent and doubt you will ever see one on a lot because the CS is considered an upgrade package and will always arrive with other extras (like IUP which does not come with the CS package). Here's a reality check:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

GT/CS Coupe for 30,610.00 sticker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

GT/CS Coupe for 31,940.00 sticker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-2D...mdZViewItem#lg

GT/CS Vert for 36,980 sticker

Yup, that's right. Nearly 37k sticker on that last one!

Quick Reply: Third Shelby Mustang: Shelby GT Joins GT-H and GT500!