A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/06, 03:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
- I can't use blue and white as I have other plans for it

Amy
nuff said

...would that mean mean white and blue as well?
Old 8/18/06, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yur1279
did you read this entire post??
Yes I read the whole post but Im not talking about the GT or GT350 name debate. This one will be called the Shelby GT from what I have read but rather I heard that in addition to the Shelby GT/GT-H and GT500 there will also be another <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comShelby </ST1</st1:City>in-between the two. I heard rumors it will be the GT350 and my have a non supercharged 5.4L and was curious if anyone else had heard anything.
Old 8/18/06, 09:54 PM

Doesn't anyone else care that we can't see our tach's. Ford changed it on the GT 500. Original 65's had dash pod, 66's had a dash mounted one. How about it Amy? And thank you for listening. Good work on fender badge too!
Old 8/19/06, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
I would expect a GT350 with higher performance output from the drive train which should include a 6-speed tranny and a tuned suspension geared for road racing. This might be logic why there have been implications for the Shelby GT being associated with 1/4 mile racing. Sort of as the Bullitt for the open road and Mach 1 for the 12 second thrill.
Thank you George. Sounds very cool indeed!!
Old 8/19/06, 12:17 PM

Question Yes, trans needs to be beefed up, the BRAKES too!

Don't know if Amy B can address this, but with a bump-up in power (especially if the S/C box can be checked on the order form), seems like there needs to be an upgrade in the braking deptartment.

Will there be a box to check on the order form for brake improvements too? Can trans handle this power also?

When will the offical pricing, colors (interior?) and options be released?

My general thoughts on the car:

1. Must be priced "right" @ about 32K w/o options.

2. Love the GT-H hood, hate the GT version.

3. Love the lowered stance, look , and handling - a really great job done here SA!

4. Brakes are completely inadequate in stock form (from driving the GT-H).

5. As discussed, would like more color choices.

6. Love the "lighter weight" versus the GT500.

7. Would love some of the SA wheel choices (they are beautiful!)
- at least as a box checked option.

8. Needs to have a 50hp increase (normally aspirated), as opposed to a 25hp increase.

9. Thank you to SA for building this car - build as many of them as people want. Nobody is buying them as collectables unless they are willing to wait 20-30 years. People are buying them to drive!
Old 8/20/06, 06:05 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by john351
Don't know if Amy B can address this, but with a bump-up in power (especially if the S/C box can be checked on the order form), seems like there needs to be an upgrade in the braking deptartment.

Will there be a box to check on the order form for brake improvements too? Can trans handle this power also?

When will the offical pricing, colors (interior?) and options be released?

My general thoughts on the car:

1. Must be priced "right" @ about 32K w/o options.

2. Love the GT-H hood, hate the GT version.

3. Love the lowered stance, look , and handling - a really great job done here SA!

4. Brakes are completely inadequate in stock form (from driving the GT-H).

5. As discussed, would like more color choices.

6. Love the "lighter weight" versus the GT500.

7. Would love some of the SA wheel choices (they are beautiful!)
- at least as a box checked option.

8. Needs to have a 50hp increase (normally aspirated), as opposed to a 25hp increase.

9. Thank you to SA for building this car - build as many of them as people want. Nobody is buying them as collectables unless they are willing to wait 20-30 years. People are buying them to drive!

We will have many options for this car, not sure how many will be done for ordering, whatever isn't we will have aftermarket. Brakes is one we are working on

Amy
Old 8/20/06, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by amyb
Lol, sorry, I am infavor of the 2 color option as well. Here are my reasons, not in order of importance.
- I think it will ad value to the cars
- I think it will be more distinct and easier to spot as "real"
- It will be easier and help us make more if I only paint 2 colors and the scoop is gel coated.
- Shelby's have always been limited to a few colors.
- I can't use blue and white as I have other plans for it

Amy
Hmmm...... GT350 R Model
Old 8/20/06, 07:26 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by john351
... Love the GT-H hood...
Get ready to love a $1K option.

Old 8/21/06, 01:32 AM

Amy, Darling,

Do you have a timeline when these sweet rides will be available ?

I have called several dealers and they are not even making lists like they did with the gt500

just wanna get my black with silver stripes on order !

can you put in a good word for me ?

thanks for all that you do !!!

Phil C.
Old 8/21/06, 11:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Vimstar
Yes I read the whole post but Im not talking about the GT or GT350 name debate. This one will be called the Shelby GT from what I have read but rather I heard that in addition to the Shelby GT/GT-H and GT500 there will also be another in-between the two. I heard rumors it will be the GT350 and my have a non supercharged 5.4L and was curious if anyone else had heard anything.
Apparently you are not to quick when it comes to subtle hints. Take one more quick read through the entire post. Pay close attention to anything posted by 'amyb' in reference to the use of blue and white, or the lack there of.
Old 8/21/06, 11:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by call911fm
Amy, Darling,

I have called several dealers and they are not even making lists like they did with the gt500

thanks for all that you do !!!

Phil C.
If they aren't doing lists then it looks like they are trying not to **** people off by breaking promises again....as done with the GT500. They are just preparing to **** people off with the ADM. Let's hope not.
Old 8/21/06, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
Apparently you are not to quick when it comes to subtle hints. Take one more quick read through the entire post. Pay close attention to anything posted by 'amyb' in reference to the use of blue and white, or the lack there of.
I got the subtle hint about Blue and White being used for something else (supposedly GT350 or something along those lines) but that is not what I have been referring to. I am just curious if anyone has heard anything additional regarding the rumors circulating about the GT350. I asked the question based upon the subtle hint from AmyB and thought I would see if anyone might have heard any additional rumors about the car. I thought that was clear in my original post. This discussion is probably better for a new\different thread.
<O
With regards to the GT I surly do hope the SC and other performance options are check boxes from the dealer. It does make buying the car easier when everything is selectable at the time of ordering. One additional thing that would be nice to have is a 6-speed manual option. <O></O>
Old 8/21/06, 04:30 PM

Apparently you are not to quick when it comes to subtle hints...

Pssssssssssst!
(just hope Vimstar is not quick enough to research your illustrious posting history)

Old 8/21/06, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Pssssssssssst!
(just hope Vimstar is not quick enough to research your illustrious posting history)

15 year old unemployed hitman from the rock my a..! Your too much Bullitt!
Old 8/21/06, 11:15 PM

Wow, must be a lot of board people waiting for their Shelbys for such a simple question to spark such a debate. Hopefully we all get one soon!

Zzzzzoooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm....

ARPANET
Old 8/21/06, 11:53 PM
V6 Member

Well, it looks like that's it for any new information on this vehicle for awhile. Guess I gotta sit back and be content to watch the flames, listen to wild speculation or complaints why this car doesn't have 800HP.

It appears (to me) that there are still quite a few decisions that need to be made by Ford/Shelby about the car. I hate to say it, but my guess is that we will not see order guides until at least October, maybe longer if Shelby is not ready to start production in January. Order banks open and pricing announced sometime after order guides??

Misc rambling from an impatient man
Old 8/22/06, 01:07 AM

good point mark . i found order guides and other access. catalogs on this site for the reg mustang gt's ever before and even now that the dealers dont have them .

we have a great resources in these pages and it has made this whole experiance that much better .

if they come out , it will be on here !

just my 2 cents
Old 8/24/06, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Pssssssssssst!

Like I said in the other thread...Are you capable of posting without adding snide commentary? It would be nice to see one or two of those in the next few days. That will be your homework assignment.

Also, if you have an example of when I missed a subtle hint, please send me the link to that post so that I can have my memory refreshed. I can remember most of the names of the people in my graduating class of over 900 from over 10 years ago....but for some reason I can't remember any examples of this in the four years I have been on these forums.
Old 8/27/06, 11:03 AM

... snide commentary...

... That will be your homework assignment...

And yours will be to check you posts and refresh your memory. You have the honor of the first unsolicited and unprovoked snide commentary, meaning, you decided to get involved in an issue not concerning or affecting you in the least.

Crying and whinning about it now won't change a thing. Bon apetite!
Old 9/1/06, 03:17 AM
President of Shelby Autos

re

Originally Posted by call911fm
Amy, Darling,

thanks for all that you do !!! Phil C.
Ok, here's what I can say. We are waiting on EpA approval, so our start is dependant on that. I expect late fall, end of year start.

I am not high enough on the food chain to help,sorry, I am still waiting for my GT500....lol . But if you think a call from me will help, I will do it

Amy

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.