2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

A few questions for amyb.

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/06, 07:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Then there will be lots of clones. Exact replicas with identical or upgraded performance from FRPP genuine parts, minus the Shelby stamp of approval.

It's a lot harder and not financially feasable to duplicate the GT500.

As for the S/C, Roush and Saleen have found out there is not that much of a market for it. Perhaps Shelby Automobiles feel they know something the others don't.
You're right. Its a lot easier to throw on a CAI than swap out an entire engine bay.
Old 8/16/06, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Amy for your input. Appreciated.
Old 8/17/06, 05:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by amyb
2 more things...........
We will have a supercharger upgrade for the car and we are trying to have it ready so it's a "box chk" when you order

We have changed the fender badge, we will let you know what it is when we do...

Amy
So amy, if we **** and moan for another week will you change the color selection too??!LOL Seriously though, great move IMO. There will still be naysayers but from what I hear they would be no matter what. They would prefer to mod the thing themselves. But the complaints the majority have made will be satisfied. Now about the colors......
Old 8/17/06, 10:01 AM

I'am new to this site and find it to be a terrific source of info. I appreciate that Amy is taking the time to respond here on this site. After being very discouraged with the dealer mark-up on the GT 500 hopefully this won't happen with the new Shelby GT. The super charger option sounds fantastic....but what happened to the cool (in my opinion) Shelby hood on the GT H... will that be available ? I thought that was a great look, orginal and really set it apart from the crowd.Changing the fender badge is the right move..good call. Thanks for listening Amy.
Old 8/17/06, 10:08 AM
V6 Member

Okay, I have a question. Since I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these for my wife and she can't drive a stick, is the supercharger option going to be available on both the automatic and manual versions, or just the manual??
Old 8/17/06, 10:11 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Boss9
I'am new to this site and find it to be a terrific source of info. I appreciate that Amy is taking the time to respond here on this site. After being very discouraged with the dealer mark-up on the GT 500 hopefully this won't happen with the new Shelby GT. The super charger option sounds fantastic....but what happened to the cool (in my opinion) Shelby hood on the GT H... will that be available ? I thought that was a great look, orginal and really set it apart from the crowd.Changing the fender badge is the right move..good call. Thanks for listening Amy.
From an earlier post by AMYB
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by amyb
If you want the Gt-H hood, it can be had as an upgrade. The fiberglass hood was too much trouble to sell with the car with all the regulations. So we opted for a new cool hood that meets all the specs, same goes for the "working scoops" we will supply the pattern, if you want to cut it open and make it work.

Amy

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 8/17/06, 10:18 AM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by Webba
So amy, if we **** and moan for another week will you change the color selection too??!LOL Seriously though, great move IMO. There will still be naysayers but from what I hear they would be no matter what. They would prefer to mod the thing themselves. But the complaints the majority have made will be satisfied. Now about the colors......
Lol, sorry, I am infavor of the 2 color option as well. Here are my reasons, not in order of importance.
- I think it will ad value to the cars
- I think it will be more distinct and easier to spot as "real"
- It will be easier and help us make more if I only paint 2 colors and the scoop is gel coated.
- Shelby's have always been limited to a few colors.
- I can't use blue and white as I have other plans for it

Amy
Old 8/17/06, 10:26 AM
GT Member

- I can't uses blue and white and I have other plans for it
Amy
Do I sense a meaner kr in the near horizon(real carroll shelby influenced of course)?!
Old 8/17/06, 10:27 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
- I can't uses blue and white and I have other plans for it
GT350
Old 8/17/06, 10:29 AM
GT Member

GT350
Very cool also!I wonder how much different than the Shelby GT in hp & perf.?
Old 8/17/06, 10:48 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for answering the color option question.
(I'll stop asking.)

Now how long do we have to wait for the "other plans" information.....
Old 8/17/06, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK I guess we can live with that as long as the blue and white plans kick a*s When will we be able to get more info on options and stuff for the GT? And as someone else just asked when can you spill the beans on the other use for the blue and white?
Old 8/17/06, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wonder if we'll see a 2 tone interior in the "other plans" ?
Old 8/17/06, 04:51 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I would expect a GT350 with higher performance output from the drive train which should include a 6-speed tranny and a tuned suspension geared for road racing. This might be logic why there have been implications for the Shelby GT being associated with 1/4 mile racing. Sort of as the Bullitt for the open road and Mach 1 for the 12 second thrill.
Old 8/17/06, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

GT350
I'd put money on it.....
Old 8/17/06, 11:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Amy... can we have a funtional hood scoop to complete the "yeah it works" factor. would'nt cost all that much to cut a hole in a hood would it..tell carroll he is a god among men....I want a shelby gt to sit next to my 65 fastback in my garage..stat
Old 8/17/06, 11:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tricksixtyfive
Amy... can we have a funtional hood scoop to complete the "yeah it works" factor. would'nt cost all that much to cut a hole in a hood would it..tell carroll he is a god among men....I want a shelby gt to sit next to my 65 fastback in my garage..stat
I think she mentione din another post that ford was against it beeing functional but they will include a template to make it real.
Old 8/18/06, 11:20 AM

I will definitly be getting one as long as the dealers dont try and rape people with the ADM's. Also, has anyone else heard the rumor of a Shelby GT350 being produced that will fit inbetween the Shelby GT an GT500?
Old 8/18/06, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Vimstar
I will definitly be getting one as long as the dealers dont try and rape people with the ADM's. Also, has anyone else heard the rumor of a Shelby GT350 being produced that will fit inbetween the Shelby GT an GT500?
did you read this entire post??
Old 8/18/06, 02:04 PM

- I can't use blue and white as I have other plans for it
GT350, puleeeze be a GT350.....

If so, wish list of sorts:

>350hp (duhhhh)
>6 speed (yank off GT500)
>Big (Brembo brakes, yank of GT500)
>Any scoops actually scoop air to something (don't need any weighty air-brakes for the peacocks' sakes).
>Something other than Bullitt wheels (what "special" Mustang, or not so special, haven't they been slapped on at this point?). Fanblades, which resemble '60's Cragers or GT500 wheels would be better.
>Better (bolstered) seats (Recaros, Sparcos)
>IRS (dream'n, but hey, SVT did it under Colletti for a very reasonable price and it sounds like Ford's got one about 95% engineered tucked away somewhere...would really broaden a GT350's handling envelope and help chase down those M3s in those mountain roads)
> Different (than Shelby GT) grill, which looks kinda cheapish (sorry, just does). Nice black mesh with centered fog/driving lights would be schweet, ala '67-'68. The GT500 nose would be doubly schweet.

Dat's all!

Quick Reply: A few questions for amyb.