2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??

Old 5/6/07, 06:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by MrClean
Put me down for one too! I think I have to replace the A/C condenser (front-most heat exchanger) because a small rock thrown from a vehicle travelling ahead of me dinged it pretty badly.......check out the pics. Anyway I want something to protect that area...w/o having to change ou the top grill area...

PLEASE give us more scoop!
Does your A/C system leak now?
Unless the pipe has a hole, you should be fine.
I couldn't tell from the pics.
Old 5/6/07, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you considered getting a fin comb and try to comb the fins out to what they were before the impact? Worth a shot, I done this before I painted my condenser black last Fall.
Old 5/6/07, 08:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those pieces snap out with atab at each corner and behind is just bumper painted bumper...
Old 5/6/07, 09:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

How does it look with those pieces out?
Old 5/7/07, 01:52 AM
GT Member

looks like something is missing. I saw pics on a post someplace that was about air ducts to cool the brakes. The honeycomb had been removed and replaced with a scoop. If I can locate it again, I'll post the pic.
Old 5/7/07, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Like this??
Old 5/8/07, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

It looks ok with the Fog lights down there...since the GT/CS doesnt have the fog lights down below like the GT-H...I would like either a black one or a billitt grill that would cover the entire bottom slit not just the hole.
Old 5/8/07, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

Since I am going to that Shelby GT grill, I would love to have the smaller fog down below, but I don't want the lower billet grill... I wonder if there's a way to get them to work with my current lower grill...
Old 5/9/07, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Since I am going to that Shelby GT grill, I would love to have the smaller fog down below, but I don't want the lower billet grill... I wonder if there's a way to get them to work with my current lower grill...
The Shelby grill and driving lights are separate and sold separately. You can have just the driving lights or just the grill. Although it gets a bit busy with black honeycomb on the sides and polished horizontal bars in the middle if you just install the grill.
Old 5/9/07, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tispco
The Shelby grill and driving lights are separate and sold separately. You can have just the driving lights or just the grill. Although it gets a bit busy with black honeycomb on the sides and polished horizontal bars in the middle if you just install the grill.
I don't want the lower billet grill at all, just the fog lights installed in the original lower grill. I have a quick photochop of what I was thinking of attached.
Attached Thumbnails Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??-gthc010-640-alt.jpg  
Old 5/9/07, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

What we need is a stainless steel frame with stainless steel wire mesh welded to it, with 4 mounting tabs though which we can easily insert screws holding it in place in the opening, to prevent debris damage to the heat exchanger w/o decreasing airflow....vendors are you listening??
Old 5/10/07, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I don't want the lower billet grill at all, just the fog lights installed in the original lower grill. I have a quick photochop of what I was thinking of attached.
Sorry, I was not clear. That is exactly what is include in the driving light kit -- lights, surrounds (that replace the honey comb pieces), and front brake ducts. The grill is just the center section. So, if you bought the driving light kit only, it would look like your Photoshop.
Old 5/10/07, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Sweet... I wonder if I'd be able to make the conversion with *my* lower grille... I am not sure how much of a difference there is between the regular GT lower grille and the CS lower grille... I would either be able to make it fit if it's not too different or get a CS bumper... Unfortunately, it's not for sale yet! I wonder how soon 'Coming Soon' will be...
Old 5/11/07, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I swapped out the GT fascia for the GT/CS fasica. The opening in the GT/CS fascia is a good 1" - 2" taller. I don't think the light kit would fit. I called Shelby Autos yesterday about the light kit. The light kit has been 'Coming Soon' for at least six months. They said it will be awhile yet and did not have an ETA. The upper and lower grills are available and I have both, but I only installed the upper. IMO, the lower did not look good with the honeycomb and it was a bit too much polished metal w/ the upper Shelby grill on my 'Stang. I am planning to buy the driving light kit once it is available and installing it with the lower Shelby grill, but I am going to paint the lower grill black first. Attached is a picture of my 'Stang with the lower Shelby grill (set in place for the pic) and the stock honeycomb side panels.
Attached Thumbnails Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??-mustang-003.jpg  
Old 5/11/07, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I like it.....do you have other pics??
Old 5/11/07, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Here are a couple others.
Attached Thumbnails Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??-mustang-009.jpg   Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??-mustang-005.jpg  
Old 5/11/07, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here are a couple others.
Looks BADASS IMHO.
Old 5/11/07, 09:34 AM
Cobra Member

I swapped out the GT fascia for the GT/CS fasica. The opening in the GT/CS fascia is a good 1" - 2" taller. I don't think the light kit would fit. I called Shelby Autos yesterday about the light kit. The light kit has been 'Coming Soon' for at least six months. They said it will be awhile yet and did not have an ETA. The upper and lower grills are available and I have both, but I only installed the upper. IMO, the lower did not look good with the honeycomb and it was a bit too much polished metal w/ the upper Shelby grill on my 'Stang. I am planning to buy the driving light kit once it is available and installing it with the lower Shelby grill, but I am going to paint the lower grill black first. Attached is a picture of my 'Stang with the lower Shelby grill (set in place for the pic) and the stock honeycomb side panels.

That's what I was afraid of... Well, since it won't be out for a while anyway, maybe I'll look into getting the GT/CS front end... I really like the lights down there... But I am not diggin' the lower billet grille... But I do love that top grille!
Old 5/16/07, 08:48 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

OK I'm interested in the lower grill also, however I would like a honeycomb or a mesh grill.

Wasn't there a car featured on here, that had a lower "screen" construction grill?

Thought the car was from Great Britian or somewhere in Europe?

TDS
Old 6/1/07, 01:06 AM

I'm thinking about getting the Shelby lower and the Steeda upper. Do you think the grills are similar enough to pass as a set?
Attached Thumbnails Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??-steeda.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lower Billet Grille for the GT/CS??