Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/16, 07:40 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,710 Likes on 1,218 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
Thanks. Yeah, my wife and I are in our mid 20s now so it's a good time to be a little more flexible. Mileage wise? I've learned to do my best to ignore that number. lol What's the ol' Mustang saying, Smiles per Gallon, not miles. I think it applies to Jeeps too.
It definitely does. If it makes you happy, why not enjoy it. MPG's are the last thing I look at when buying a vehicle. First are looks and performance, second are looks and performance and then "maybe" MPG's. LOL
Enjoy brother. Good luck!
Old 7/2/16, 08:22 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
It definitely does. If it makes you happy, why not enjoy it. MPG's are the last thing I look at when buying a vehicle. First are looks and performance, second are looks and performance and then "maybe" MPG's. LOL
Enjoy brother. Good luck!
Ditto. I have no idea what kind of mileage I'm getting. I don't even pay attention to what I'm paying for premium go-juice.
The following users liked this post:
DarrenGT (7/3/16)
Old 7/2/16, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. Yeah, my wife and I are in our mid 20s now so it's a good time to be a little more flexible. Mileage wise? I've learned to do my best to ignore that number. lol What's the ol' Mustang saying, Smiles per Gallon, not miles. I think it applies to Jeeps too.
Good luck with your Jeep! I actually had a 2007 Mustang GT that I actually traded in for a 2014 Wrangler Sahara 2 years ago for the same reasons as yourself. The Jeep was a lot of fun, especially with the roof and doors off on a nice day! but I ended up missing my mustang way more than I thought I would, especially the sound... Also the Jeep going up any sort of hill, or driving head on in to the wind was awful... So I then traded the Jeep in for a 2014 Mustang GT and I am happy again.

Hope you enjoy your Jeep, and hopefully you don't miss your Boss too much!
Old 7/2/16, 10:50 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Ditto. I have no idea what kind of mileage I'm getting. I don't even pay attention to what I'm paying for premium go-juice.
I love it Tom.
I could care less as well. I have no idea what my gas mileage is in either vehicle. I don't even know how much I'm paying per gallon when I go to fill up.
It's either premium (89) for the truck and super (93) for the Mustang.
Old 7/2/16, 08:38 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,658 Posts
It's the smiles not the miles!!!
Old 7/3/16, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Traded Boss 302 for a Jeep

Name:  FEkIUXu.gif
Views: 7
Size:  1.87 MB

The following users liked this post:
Coyote5-0 (7/6/16)
Old 7/3/16, 09:56 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put in the K&N Filter. It makes a difference.
Old 7/4/16, 10:45 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Finally took her out this morning!!! Had a blast!
Did something I haven't done in a while,...take her on the highway. Killer weather and not many people out. Just the way I like it.
Old 7/4/16, 01:30 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Washed and destroyed the edge of my vinyl center hood stripe when I opened my hood to dry the engine bay and didn't remember that I left my wipers up. Luckily the stripe saved the hood paint. Oh well, guess Big Worm Graphix will be happy.
Old 7/4/16, 03:36 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by VidPro
Washed and destroyed the edge of my vinyl center hood stripe when I opened my hood to dry the engine bay and didn't remember that I left my wipers up. Luckily the stripe saved the hood paint. Oh well, guess Big Worm Graphix will be happy.
Yeah,....that does suck. But, like you stated, better the stripe than your paint. Took one for the team!
Good luck.
Old 7/4/16, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Exhaust

Just got my Borla S type Catback<br/>Part 140515<br/><br/>Whos in NJ with a lift that wants to help me install?
Old 7/5/16, 07:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drained catch can after ~ 2k miles

Put in Steeda Clutch assist spring
Removed Whiteline transmission bushing
and got rid of the drone at 1k rpm I had with GT500 axle backs
Very good day overall...
Old 7/5/16, 12:16 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc

You have the BEST gif's, Alex. Hilarious.

Finally took her out this morning!!! Had a blast!
Did something I haven't done in a while,...take her on the highway. Killer weather and not many people out. Just the way I like it.
Nice Tony! Highway though? Are you nucking futs? You just added 10 or more unnecessary miles!!!

Originally Posted by VidPro
Yeah,....that does suck. But, like you stated, better the stripe than your paint. Took one for the team!
Good luck.
Paint or stripe - either ain't cheap Sorry to hear that.

Originally Posted by ZeeGT
Drained catch can after ~ 2k miles

Put in Steeda Clutch assist spring
Removed Whiteline transmission bushing
and got rid of the drone at 1k rpm I had with GT500 axle backs
Very good day overall...
Gotta love Bob's can at work.

As for the drone - a) GT500's don't have drones to begin with, elaborate? b) assuming it did drone, how did you fix it?
Old 7/5/16, 12:49 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
As for the drone - a) GT500's don't have drones to begin with, elaborate? b) assuming it did drone, how did you fix it?
In retrospect "drone" might be the wrong word. The noise would happen only at 1k rpm intervals, so in neutral or 1st gear it would happen at 1k rpm in 2nd gear it would happen at 2k rpm, etc., etc. It sounded like one of the axle backs was vibrating against something metal and it created a hollow low pitch, high frequency vibration sound inside the cabin hence my use of "drone". Could find almost no references online to these droning, even called FRRP about it and they suggested the hanging brackets could be mounted wrong, that wasn't it.

The fix was to very slightly bend the plate or shelf like piece of metal right above where the axle back and the exhaust tube join. Easy fix 6, took months to discover, go figure.
Old 7/5/16, 01:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeeGT
In retrospect "drone" might be the wrong word. The noise would happen only at 1k rpm intervals, so in neutral or 1st gear it would happen at 1k rpm in 2nd gear it would happen at 2k rpm, etc., etc. It sounded like one of the axle backs was vibrating against something metal and it created a hollow low pitch, high frequency vibration sound inside the cabin hence my use of "drone". Could find almost no references online to these droning, even called FRRP about it and they suggested the hanging brackets could be mounted wrong, that wasn't it.

The fix was to very slightly bend the plate or shelf like piece of metal right above where the axle back and the exhaust tube join. Easy fix 6, took months to discover, go figure.
Ah I see. So there was metal to metal contact and hence the vibration. Probably not a mounting mistake, but just how the car and exhaust are lined up... Good job fixing it. Enjoy the car!!!
Old 7/5/16, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 14BlackGT
I put in the K&N Filter. It makes a difference.
Test's say no. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...nt-Filter-Test
Old 7/5/16, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyV
I had mine in for about 2 weeks and ended up giving it away
Old 7/6/16, 12:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Threw these on.

20inch Shelby Razors in Gunmetal with Mickey Thompson Street Comps.

Name:  IMG_8413_zpspifdgq5w.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  301.0 KB

Name:  IMG_8414_zpsn9rlia4j.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  245.2 KB

Name:  IMG_8455_zpswpygehjb.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  137.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8462_zpsabgv8rz4.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  84.3 KB

Last edited by xtc.inc; 7/6/16 at 12:26 AM.
Old 7/6/16, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
dang. I didn't do ANY car stuff this weekend at all. Last time I drove the car was Friday for 5 minutes to a restaurant with the gf. Then we took a trip to Louisville Saturday and Sunday. Did a lot of drinking Saturday, Sunday, and Monday so the Mustang was off limits because of that as well. Then yesterday was a lazy day. Today there are thunderstorms. I haven't been able to drive the car much this summer at all
Old 7/6/16, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
dang. I didn't do ANY car stuff this weekend at all. Last time I drove the car was Friday for 5 minutes to a restaurant with the gf. Then we took a trip to Louisville Saturday and Sunday. Did a lot of drinking Saturday, Sunday, and Monday so the Mustang was off limits because of that as well. Then yesterday was a lazy day. Today there are thunderstorms. I haven't been able to drive the car much this summer at all
Same here... I think it's been a couple weeks for me. No car stuff this last weekend (I did buy some cleaning supplies) since we had a big BBQ (man, so many weeds that needed to be pulled) and the weather has been hit or miss anyway But also, the neighbors across the street and on either side of me are all having work done on their backyards, so there is dirt, gravel, rocks and everything else all over the street. Plus, the main street going out of our community is tore up right now (won't be done till mid August)...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?