Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/16, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by robjh22
Anyway, like I was saying I was relieved at how easy it was to wax and get a good look with Meguiar's Liquid wax and my Porter Coleman (?) buffer. The concern was that Meguiar's polish has to be applied lightly and removed quickly or you can get into real trouble. This time I just followed the directions on the bottle and ... here we are:

I still have less than 9,000 miles on it and I imagine it will have under 10,000 when I sell it in a year or two.
Shiny!

Originally Posted by Gabe
Came out great, sounds awesome.
I'm afraid that I would have the same problem I had with the Borla S-Types on my car though ... with the supercharger they became too loud
Yeah, with the S/C, I am not sure how that would affect them... Only one way to find out, I suppose!

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
They sound great Jay. Sometimes I wish my GT500's were louder, especially at cruising speeds with the top down. But friends who drive behind me say they can hear them very well. I'm satisfied with the sound in 2nd and 3rd.

Maybe I'll consider a swap in the future, but the next big mod will be different wheels and a square set of 275/40/19's. Not this year though.

You did good.
Thanks! I think you'd like them. They sound great with the top down!

My next and probably one of my last major mods will be wheels... I keep looking for a good deal on Craigslist here, but nothing so far... I'm not in a hurry, but I am hoping I can find a set either this year or next...
Old 6/5/16, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Yeah, with the S/C, I am not sure how that would affect them... Only one way to find out, I suppose!
I wish I had the spare cash to find out, but after my expensive Borla experiment, I can't afford to keep trying out different exhaust set-ups.
It cost me over $200 to try the S-Types out for about 2 months
I loved the sound but after the supercharger install they got way too loud.
And I've freed up the exhaust even more since then so they'd be even louder now
Old 6/5/16, 09:19 AM
Cobra Member

I wish I had the spare cash to find out, but after my expensive Borla experiment, I can't afford to keep trying out different exhaust set-ups.
I hear that! Doesn't leave you with many options if you don't want loud... Good luck!
Old 6/5/16, 09:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

My next and probably one of my last major mods will be wheels... I keep looking for a good deal on Craigslist here, but nothing so far... I'm not in a hurry, but I am hoping I can find a set either this year or next...
I like my Boss 302 wheels but it's time for something else. I don't want black or dark gray, so that leaves silver or chrome or the combo of the two.

I'd been dead set against all chrome for a long time, but lately I've seen black S197's with them and I'm starting to like the contrast. Ideally I'd prefer a bright silver center and barrel with a chrome or highly polished lip.

LMR has several types but they have rivets which don't appeal to me. I want to stay with 19" because I don't have Brembos so my calipers will look disproportionate with 20".

Just gotta keep looking. What is your preference?
Old 6/5/16, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

I like my Boss 302 wheels but it's time for something else. I don't want black or dark gray, so that leaves silver or chrome or the combo of the two.

I'd been dead set against all chrome for a long time, but lately I've seen black S197's with them and I'm starting to like the contrast. Ideally I'd prefer a bright silver center and barrel with a chrome or highly polished lip.

LMR has several types but they have rivets which don't appeal to me. I want to stay with 19" because I don't have Brembos so my calipers will look disproportionate with 20".

I'm the opposite, I want either matte black or dark grey! LOL! I am okay with 19's or 20's, but would prefer 20's... I also want a staggered set (I like the look of the beefy tire in the rear). I obviously don't drive the car much, so uneven tire wear isn't high on my list of things to worry about... I definitely want something simple (like the Niche Milans or something similar)...
Old 6/6/16, 02:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Came out great, sounds awesome.
I'm afraid that I would have the same problem I had with the Borla S-Types on my car though ... with the supercharger they became too loud
Gabe... if you think yours was loud - my current setup would probably have you cry She's perfect for me now though. Blower, intake, headers, H with sides, Borla OTA (no res), then Corsa extremes. Delish.
Old 6/6/16, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Everyone has either black wheels these days. Don't do it!
Old 6/6/16, 06:25 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,603 Posts
No offense, but I would never opt for black wheels on my car.. Although they look great, the problem is once they become stone chipped, they'll stick out like a sore thumb regardless of whether their flat black or not..

I were ever to put black wheels on my car, I'd make certain to have them powder coated first..
Old 6/7/16, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
No offense, but I would never opt for black wheels on my car.. Although they look great, the problem is once they become stone chipped, they'll stick out like a sore thumb regardless of whether their flat black or not..

I were ever to put black wheels on my car, I'd make certain to have them powder coated first..
I have a black car, black wheels are the least of my worries when it comes to chips... Again, I don't drive mine a lot, so it doesn't bother me. Plus, I really don't like chrome rims (they can look good on some cars, as some of the guys here have them and they look good). I just am not a fan personally. So that leaves me with black or grey, which is fine, since that's what I like! I really don't have a preference between black or grey (as long as the style looks good), so it basically comes to what I end up finding that I like...
Old 6/7/16, 09:42 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,603 Posts
I have a black car, black wheels are the least of my worries when it comes to chips... Again, I don't drive mine a lot, so it doesn't bother me. Plus, I really don't like chrome rims (they can look good on some cars, as some of the guys here have them and they look good). I just am not a fan personally. So that leaves me with black or grey, which is fine, since that's what I like! I really don't have a preference between black or grey (as long as the style looks good), so it basically comes to what I end up finding that I like...
It's not that I don't like black wheels, but as I said before once they start getting stone chipped, you really notice them..

As for chrome wheels, I recently made the switch from my bulliit style wheels to the Steeda Spyder wheels that are black with machined face and lip..

My reason for making the switch.. Although I like the look of chrome wheels, they also chip and you also notice how bad they pit as well..

Being that I DD my 06 GT during the spring/summer and early fall, I wanted something different that will hopefully not show stone chips as much as chrome and an all black wheel would.. Guess only time will tell
Old 6/7/16, 02:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe... if you think yours was loud - my current setup would probably have you cry
LMMFAO
Old 6/8/16, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Added the RTR rear deck panel and got my new plates installed. Just waiting on a semi gloss black "ROUSH" decal that I might put centered across the rear panel similar looking to the new Roush's.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-rear-before-after.jpg  

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 6/9/16 at 04:24 AM.
Old 6/8/16, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Added the RTR rear deck panel and got my new plates installed. Just waiting on a semi gloss black "ROUSH" decal that I might put centered across the rear panel similar looking to the new Roush's. Got new plates last month too.
Looks awesome. I see your in Indianapolis, Where abouts?

Last edited by crazietj; 6/8/16 at 09:43 PM.
Old 6/8/16, 09:11 PM
GT Member

Test fitted this monster! I have to get my adjustable panhard bar on tomorrow then, we can get them all on.
Old 6/9/16, 04:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by crazietj
Looks awesome. I see your in Indianapolis, Where abouts?
Thanks, I'm up on the North Side, but work downtown. How about you??
Old 6/9/16, 06:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Thanks, I'm up on the North Side, but work downtown. How about you??

Why haven't we all met up yet?? Anyone going to Cars and Coffee Saturday? It's supposed to be a nice day!
Old 6/9/16, 06:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Have you made any decisions on your wheels?
What are you thinking of doing with the Boss rollers?

Drop me a PM if you're thinking of selling them.
Old 6/9/16, 06:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Have you made any decisions on your wheels?
What are you thinking of doing with the Boss rollers?

Drop me a PM if you're thinking of selling them.
I can't justify getting all new rolling stock this year with just 12K miles on the clock. And I haven't seen wheels yet that get me all fired up. Perhaps next year when I'll have closer to 17K and new wheel designs are available.

My Boss wheels have 2 chips which I've been able to re-touch, and three have some curb rash due to the lip sitting flush with the tire sidewall. A wider tire would have prevented this I think, but hindsight is 20/20.

I'll probably sell the Boss wheels (w/TPMS) and stock tires at a really good deal, but it won't be until 2017.

Thank you for asking.
Old 6/9/16, 07:25 AM
GT Member

I'm on the westside.
Old 6/9/16, 09:10 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Why haven't we all met up yet?? Anyone going to Cars and Coffee Saturday? It's supposed to be a nice day!
It's because no one wants to meet up with you, specifically especially Gabe.

kidding man.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?