Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/11, 10:31 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Restless2012
Cagratulations Pepper!!!! Very sweet ride!! So that's what my car is going to look like when ever I get it. Pepper I was thinking of getting a clear bra myself. Let me know how yours looks when you get it done, please. How visable are the seams on the clear bra is what I want to know. Post some pics when the stripes and bra are installed.. Good luck with it!!!
Will do. We ordering the clear bra, along with double 10" black gloss stripes. The stripes will wrap (cobra style) from the bottom of the front bumper to the bottom of the rear bumper. It is scheduled already to go in June 1 for the bra and stripes.

We are also adding tungsten tracers on the outer edge of the stripes, and a "302" to each side of the GT5 hood scoop. :P
Old 5/27/11, 05:25 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Will do. We ordering the clear bra, along with double 10" black gloss stripes. The stripes will wrap (cobra style) from the bottom of the front bumper to the bottom of the rear bumper. It is scheduled already to go in June 1 for the bra and stripes.

We are also adding tungsten tracers on the outer edge of the stripes, and a "302" to each side of the GT5 hood scoop. :P
Wow!! Sounds very nice. I have to see it.
Old 5/27/11, 06:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Definitely post some pics. I'll take any ideas I can get for fixing up mine.
Old 5/27/11, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got my window sticker today and FCS said my car was sent to the plant for production! Still have an ETA of 6/5 which I was told should update once it's released from the plant. They don't know the build date just said it would be sometime the week of 5/30.

I think the initial problem was the car was scheduled to the 30th which is Memorial Day and the plant likely isn't open then? Friday June 3rd is my birthday and it would be pretty cool if the car had a build date of 6/3!
Old 5/27/11, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

New ETA for my ride is now 6/4, Original ETA was 5/16. At least my cars moving now, yippie!!
Old 5/27/11, 02:34 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks to everyone on these boards, including Deysha for helping us pass the time to get us to this point! Others have said it, but the WAIT IS WORTH IT. Stay strong!

Let's see if these pix show up:

Very, very nice looking automobile. Nice color.
Old 5/27/11, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Awsome. Congrats!
Old 5/27/11, 10:22 PM

My window sticker came up today and the date is 20110604 are they building cars on weekends? Anyone have any info on somethig like this?
Old 5/27/11, 11:02 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Picked up our car today with 10 miles on it. Needless to say, it is sitting in our garage with over 60 miles on it now.

We saw the stripe guy today, who measured all our stripes out, our tracers, and our "302" effects that will go on the car. We bring the car in June 1st for the clear bra, and the stripes and lettering.

All we can say is, please STAY STRONG! This car is (moderator action may be required) awesome!!! :kooky: The sound, the feel, the looks......this car is so MUCH more than we thought on paper. It absolutely rocks! HANG IN THERE.

We again want to thank everyone for helping us get through these tough times while we wait for our cars. Your car will be here before you know it, and the weeks and months of waiting will be insignificant once you possess the car!

Don't worry, this forum will be a a source of knowledge and fulfillment as our possession with the car progress.
Old 5/28/11, 06:22 AM

This is my first post on the forum. I have been reading all of the posts with regard to the 2012 orders. I am still waiting for my car to be delivered.

Although the wait has been tough...it is better than my last Mustang order. I ordered my first Mustang almost 25 years ago and still own the car today (my show car). The 2012 will be my daily driver.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you for the information that you have posted. A special thank you to Deysha for the updates. Reading the progress of other orders has made my the wait somewhat tolerable.

Finally....after 14 weeks the car is built and awaiting shipping. The ETA is 6/10. To everyone who is still waiting....hang in there.

The dealership has been great and has been passing on information as they get it. They also have not been giving me excuses or false information to just get me to go away.
Old 5/28/11, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to TMS. From one GB (on order) to another I can't wait either. Nicely optioned car. The wait sucks but from what I've heard it is worth it.
Old 5/28/11, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by GT100e
What did you get yourself?
And same thanks go to the great Deysha, Hell(the waiting period) went better having those precious info details she gave Now can't wait til tomorrow
Got up to 19.0 MPG on the drive home (~1000 miles)

Ordered a Black GT Premium with: electronics package, 3.73 rear, Brembos, Rear Pedestal spoiler, HID & Security package.

Sorry for the long time before answering... been busy.
Old 5/28/11, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Restless2012
New ETA for my ride is now 6/4, Original ETA was 5/16. At least my cars moving now, yippie!!
At least you new eta is sooner than mine. Original and new down in sig.
Old 5/28/11, 09:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by joelstang
My window sticker came up today and the date is 20110604 are they building cars on weekends? Anyone have any info on somethig like this?
My build date is 06062011 but my window sticker isn't available yet. I always thought the build dates were on Mondays, but which really meant the car would actually be built sometime during that week, not necessarily on Monday. I could be completely wrong though.....
Old 5/29/11, 02:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
My build date is 06062011 but my window sticker isn't available yet. I always thought the build dates were on Mondays, but which really meant the car would actually be built sometime during that week, not necessarily on Monday. I could be completely wrong though.....
The day Deysha PM'd me my VIN (4/22/11), she also gave me a Build Week of 5/16/11. For the life of me, i can not remember the day i was informed of the actual Build Day (Wednesday-5/18/11). I do know that my window sticker appeared on 5/12/11 (6 days before the Build day). The earliest i've heard of someone getting their window sticker is 1 1/2 weeks prior to the Build day. So, hang in there. You're getting close.
Old 5/29/11, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

Should I cancel my order

Hey guys, I ordered a 12' Gt through my local dealer that I like to deal with and wanted to buy from. Ordered on 4/30/11. Dealer says it is still listed as unscheduled/clean. When originally looking for new ones, I went to another dealer and he stated he could get one quicker because he had 2 allocated to him already. He also gave $500 more off the deal. Well I went back to the dealer I wanted to deal with and he matched it of course. His answer to them telling me they could get it quicker was that he can put it in as retail order and it will still be the same time frame. I am beginning to believe the other dealer at this point though. I just can not believe a month into the order and we have no clue if this thing is even going to be built this summer. I dont want to ditch my dealer but....
Old 5/29/11, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by generalee31184
Hey guys, I ordered a 12' Gt through my local dealer that I like to deal with and wanted to buy from. Ordered on 4/30/11. Dealer says it is still listed as unscheduled/clean. When originally looking for new ones, I went to another dealer and he stated he could get one quicker because he had 2 allocated to him already. He also gave $500 more off the deal. Well I went back to the dealer I wanted to deal with and he matched it of course. His answer to them telling me they could get it quicker was that he can put it in as retail order and it will still be the same time frame. I am beginning to believe the other dealer at this point though. I just can not believe a month into the order and we have no clue if this thing is even going to be built this summer. I dont want to ditch my dealer but....
I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you that I placed my order on 5/2 and by 5/9 Deysha was able to give me the following info:

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi Jay,

I checked on the order and it shows your vehicle as “In order processing”. This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. Once your vehicle receives a schedule to build day, it should then get a VIN and ETA. This might not happen for a couple of weeks. You can keep checking with me weekly for updates. Have a great day!

Deysha
I don't know how things are picked but it would seem that if the dealer had allocation that it would have been by now...

Last edited by jaybertx; 5/29/11 at 09:18 AM.
Old 5/29/11, 10:16 AM
V6 Member

I did send her a message Friday but I have read she is out of town for the weekend. So I will she if she has any different answers for me. The dealer I actually ordered from did not have any allocated to him. But he told me that should not matter and it should be bout 6-8 weeks either way. Well here I am a month into it and my order is nothing more than just that an order sitting on the computer. I just wondered if I went back to the other dealer that had allocation if it would or would have been quicker.
Old 5/29/11, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

I see people who ordered their cars at the end of march and have a date to be delivered at this month. I ordered mine 3/20 and have no vin, info or anything on mine. The dealer "will let me know" if he hears anything.
Old 5/29/11, 10:54 AM

New Pics - follow the link to flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63456661@N06/

Let me know what you think!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition