Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/11, 12:32 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
Due to no allocations in the Northeast I still have no word from my dealer. Just wondering if anyone from my area have gotten any word, or if anyone has any advice.

2012 GT Premium Convertible // Kona Blue // 401A interior w/ Grabber Blue Accent // 6 speed // Brembos // Comfort package // HID & Security package // GT Covertible Package 6 // Shaker 1000 // Front & Rear Facias to be installed at dealership !!!!
Ordered: Apr 04, 2011 // VIN: pending // Widow Stiker: pending // Build Date: pending // Delivery ETA: pending // Purchase: pending
Hey STUKUP2112,

Could you turn on your private messages? I am not able to reply to your message.

Deysha
Old 5/24/11, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks evilPeppard, just got the VVR from the dealer. My baby is on ramp 51.
Old 5/24/11, 01:16 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dealer just emailed us and our car is, in fact, at the rail head in Commerce City, CO. BUT, it has not been offloaded yet. It is raining pretty hard here today, and the weather is pretty sinister, so he thinks it may not get offloaded until tomorrow.

Once it is offloaded, our dealer can mark our car "hot" so it gets priority loading on the delivery truck. From there he isn't sure exactly when it will arrive at the dealer, because the car will likely be on a "mixed load", meaning the delivery truck will be making several stops along the way to deliver other vehicles. It may take another day or two for delivery.

Last edited by EvilPeppard; 5/24/11 at 01:18 PM.
Old 5/24/11, 01:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
Glad I could help.
Old 5/24/11, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

Hi 2012GrabbGT, Mine was/is at Ramp51 also or as I like to call it Area51. No one knows where the hell my car is. Dealer says it's in transit, FCS says it's on stop ship and still sitting there. I think Aliens got it. I hope you have more luck then me!! Actually I'm just busting your chops, all will be fine. But where the hell is my car!!!!!!!!
Old 5/24/11, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
It is raining pretty hard here today, and the weather is pretty synister, so he thinks it may not get offloaded until tomorrow.

Once it is offloaded, our dealer can mark our car "hot" so it gets priority loading on the delivery truck. From there he isn't sure exactly when it will arrive at the dealer, because the car will likely be on a "mixed load", meaning the delivery truck will be making several stops along the way to deliver other vehicles. It may take another day or two for delivery.
Fixed for ya. Haha. Trying to lighten the mood since the wait is killing us.
Old 5/24/11, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Restless2012
Hi 2012GrabbGT, Mine was/is at Ramp51 also or as I like to call it Area51. No one knows where the hell my car is. Dealer says it's in transit, FCS says it's on stop ship and still sitting there. I think Aliens got it. I hope you have more luck then me!! Actually I'm just busting your chops, all will be fine. But where the hell is my car!!!!!!!!
That's exactly what i thought.. Area 51! Well, seeing as you ordered after me, maybe they're holding yours until they get mine out. Now, i'm busting your chops. Really though, i hope you get your Mustang soon. We all deserve our cars in a timely manner.
Old 5/25/11, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by andrewINmis
I put it my order on 5/2 and havnt had any new info, I found one 100 miles from my dealer and I'm trying to get a dealer trade done so I don't have to wait!!!
As you have noticed with most of the other member's orders, they've been taking a little longer to schedule. Don't worry, yours will schedule soon.

Deysha
Old 5/25/11, 09:28 AM

How did you find out what rail your car was on? All CRC told me is that it was in transit and gave me a 7 day window for an ETA. I'm assuming by "in transit" she meant it's already loaded and on the way.
Hey 2012GrabbGT,

I looked it over and it was just released from the plant on Sunday. It is now awaiting shipment.

Deysha
Old 5/25/11, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

My build date just got bumped back . . . they told me it's now 6/4 which makes no sense since that's a Saturday. Anyone else got a build date on a Saturday? ETA still shows 6/5 - obviously that's not going to happen now.
Old 5/25/11, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

For those who have their cars sitting at Ramp51 (Area51), like mine is. I did a search on Ford Auto Alliance Ramp 51. Below is a post from another forum on the subject. Pretty much every other post I found said the same thing, not good.

"Just got off the phone with Ford CS and the gentleman gave me some info on the different "ramps". Ramp 51 is where they store the vehicles that they will do further work on. (didn't say what kind of work) After the car leaves 51 it should go to ramps 3,4, or 5 which is the ramp for shipping. My current vehicle has left ramp 51 (where it has been for over a month) and is now on ramp 5P. Hopefully it will be on a train shortly and in my possession not long after that."
Old 5/25/11, 09:53 AM

Please allow me to throw my hat into the ring of posters who did not receive their Mustangs on the original ETA. Still, if the car is delivered on the new ETA, it will be a mere three days longer than the promised 6-8 weeks. Considering all that has been written here, three days is a blessing.
Old 5/25/11, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey 2012GrabbGT,

I looked it over and it was just released from the plant on Sunday. It is now awaiting shipment.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha. It shows my car at ramp 51. Do you know if it is true what Restless2012 posted? That ramp 51 is where the cars that need additional work are sent.
Old 5/25/11, 10:14 AM
GT Member

Our dealer just emailed. He had just got off the phone with the rail head and local delivery office. They are unloading our car today, and will try to have it to our dealer lot by tomorrow.

We are keeping our fingers crossed for a Friday pickup. We already have Friday off, so it would be a wonderful start to our mini-vacation over the Memorial Holiday!
Old 5/25/11, 11:55 AM
GT Member

I just heard from Ford, that my car entered the body shop yesterday 5/24/11 & that my car is still on schedule for the 6/12/11 ETA, that I was given. With the paint shortage, I was beginning to get a little nervous, I might not be able to have the Kona Blue that I ordered.
Old 5/25/11, 04:56 PM
GT Member

I am so sick and tired of Ford and the Ford dealer I am working with. I have waited 17 1/2 weeks for this **** car and nothing. It has been built for a month and is now somewhere in Minnesota waiting for a transport to Iowa. Two ETAs have come and gone and all the dealer can or will say is hopefully they receive it in a few days. Based upon past experience I can guarantee this car will not show up within three days. This is the worst major purchase experience I have been through. I think what really makes me mad is Ford could care less.

I have asked Deysha for a way to escalate my frustration up the chain of command within Ford and received no response. I have called FCS twice. The second time I was told I would receive a call in two days. Did I receive the call? NO

I have wanted a Mustang for twenty years. Like most of you I have researched them to death, dreamed about what my first mods would be, and was excited beyond belief the day I placed the order. Since then it has been one big disappointment. The excitement was gone long ago. I told my dealer I was very disatisfied with their lack of communication to me even when I asked for weekly updates. I also told them I was very unhappy with Ford. I was told Ford would not do anything to make me happy. It appears the dealer will not either. All in all I do no think anyone from Ford or the dealer really cares.

I am honestly on the fence now about buying this car when it comes in. Part of me wants to tell the dealer to stick it based upon principal. The other part of me says to grin and bear it. Honestly though I do not feel like parting with $40,000 hard earned dollars on a product built by a manufacturer that does not care no matter how long I have wanted it. I bet Dodge or Chevy would like my $40,000.

Ford you had a chance to earn a new customer but instead you have made me a new customer for your competition. But do I think you will care? NO
Old 5/25/11, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just got a message from Desha.

Hey Rick,

Thank you for the info. I was able to check on your order and it has been sent into the plant to build by Jun-02-2011. It shows an ETA of Jun-11-2011 which is subject to change. It also received a VIN: 1ZVBP8FF6C5229267. Have a great day!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD

t: @FordCustService; @Ford

f: facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by STUKUP2112; 5/25/11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 5/25/11, 05:14 PM
GT Member

Woo Hoo !! Got my VIN, Build Date and ETA today from Deysha !!!

Hi Scott,

Great News!! I checked on your order today and it has scheduled to build by Jun-06-2011. It has an ETA of Jun-11-2011 which is subject to change. It also received a VIN: 1ZVBP8CU4C5229805. Have a great day!

Deysha

Old 5/25/11, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RaceRed12
I am so sick and tired of Ford and the Ford dealer I am working with. I have waited 17 1/2 weeks for this **** car and nothing. It has been built for a month and is now somewhere in Minnesota waiting for a transport to Iowa. Two ETAs have come and gone and all the dealer can or will say is hopefully they receive it in a few days. Based upon past experience I can guarantee this car will not show up within three days. This is the worst major purchase experience I have been through. I think what really makes me mad is Ford could care less.

I have asked Deysha for a way to escalate my frustration up the chain of command within Ford and received no response. I have called FCS twice. The second time I was told I would receive a call in two days. Did I receive the call? NO

I have wanted a Mustang for twenty years. Like most of you I have researched them to death, dreamed about what my first mods would be, and was excited beyond belief the day I placed the order. Since then it has been one big disappointment. The excitement was gone long ago. I told my dealer I was very disatisfied with their lack of communication to me even when I asked for weekly updates. I also told them I was very unhappy with Ford. I was told Ford would not do anything to make me happy. It appears the dealer will not either. All in all I do no think anyone from Ford or the dealer really cares.

I am honestly on the fence now about buying this car when it comes in. Part of me wants to tell the dealer to stick it based upon principal. The other part of me says to grin and bear it. Honestly though I do not feel like parting with $40,000 hard earned dollars on a product built by a manufacturer that does not care no matter how long I have wanted it. I bet Dodge or Chevy would like my $40,000.

Ford you had a chance to earn a new customer but instead you have made me a new customer for your competition. But do I think you will care? NO
It sux! I've been waiting close to 6 months. When you finally get the car the wait wont even be a memory.mine is built but not released from the plant, so, I know the frustration.
Old 5/25/11, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Called DVD today and was told my car is now sitting on ramp 5 awaiting transport. Lady said it's the first movement since it was released from the plant on may 5th. Hopefully it will show at dealer in the next few days.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition