2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/11, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgenx316
Happy day! Got my VIN, build day (june 13), and "ETA" of June 25th! Thanks Deysha for being awesome! I ordered April 8th-ish, so not a bad wait so far.
Not to rain on your parade, but you, more than likely received a Build Week. The Build Day will be determined shortly.
Old 6/1/11, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by going for broke
Well I still don't know when my car will show and now my $750 cash certificate has expired so I'm out that as well. I thought seeing though I obtained it after I decided to order the 60 days allotted would be plenty of time to get the car in. The original eta was 5/8 then 5/10 and since then there have been no new eta updates. I guess that the dealer can ask for an exception to the expiration but thats no guarantee. In the meantime I contacted Ford marketing and the guy is setting me up with another brochure (no guarantees it will contain the $750 offer though) so we shall see what happens. I know i haven't had to wait nearly as long as others but this waiting for 4 weeks after the car gets built and still don't have it is for the birds.... oh yea and I only live about 170 miles from plant.
I know it will be worth it when I get it but it seems like lately here all the cards are stacked against me.
Your dealer has probably already given you credit for the $750 certificate.
Old 6/1/11, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
well it looks good to me because I can't even tell it's on there..
what does something like that cost if you don't mind me asking??
It probably varies a bit by region, but plan on approximately $1,000 for that amount of work. Try to arrange directly with the installer instead of going through the dealer, as they will likely add a significant markup.

If the light was different, and you were looking for it, it is noticeable (probably a bit more so on a lighter car). Most of your car's admirer's won't even notice though.
Old 6/2/11, 06:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rok4d
Hi all, First post for me.

I just ordered a 2012 Mustang Premium V6 with performance package - Grabber Blue with the 6 sp manual. The dealer says "they put a rush on it" but after reading through this discussion it looks like that is not even possible. I went to make a change to my order 3 days later and he says too bad, you can't change anything.

So while I am excited I am also a bit disappointed with things now (since he said I had a couple weeks to make a change if I decided I wanted something different on it).

Anyone else had experience with trying to make a change to an order? It is not like the car is on the production line (and it likely won't be for a couple of months).

Thanks a bunch.
rok4d
Hello rok4d,

Welcome to the forum. My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I would like to see if your order may have scheduled already or if I can help you with your dealer. Could you please message me with your order number, dealer and your name?

Deysha
Old 6/2/11, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by twinvac
did anyone actually find out why stop shipments happen?? im in that situation also..why does ford do this
Hey twinvac,

Stop shipments do not happen often, but when they do is usually to double check the products. Then again, the economy hit a lot of companies hard and it could be transport as well. We rather catch any issues while your vehicle is at the plant, rather than wait until you get it and have an issue. You can message me your VIN and I can check on your order for you.

Deysha
Old 6/2/11, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Here I go again. My car is lost in action. Dealer has no more info today then he did on Tuesday when he told me my car was on a CSX transport in Ohio. I think my ETA of 6/4 is going to be missed again. This whole thing really SUCKS!!!!
Old 6/2/11, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its here. Ima go take some pics when I get off of work. Picking it up hopefully tom. Thanks everyone and especially Deysha for making the wait go by that much smoother.
Old 6/2/11, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
Its here. Ima go take some pics when I get off of work. Picking it up hopefully tom. Thanks everyone and especially Deysha for making the wait go by that much smoother.
Quit your job and go get some pics
Old 6/2/11, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Dealer just emailed me. Said mine is still at Ramp 51 (2 weeks now). They're sending an email to someone higher up at Ford to see if they can get an answer as to what the hold up is. Why do I feel sick all over again?
Old 6/2/11, 12:35 PM

Happy day! Got my VIN, build day (june 13), and "ETA" of June 25th! Thanks Deysha for being awesome! I ordered April 8th-ish, so not a bad wait so far.
Thank you dgenx316!!

Deysha
Old 6/2/11, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by LaVARedOM
Not to rain on your parade, but you, more than likely received a Build Week. The Build Day will be determined shortly.
Nope, the info dgenx316 provided was right. He did receive a build day.

Deysha
Old 6/2/11, 01:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Deysha is awesome!
Old 6/2/11, 02:00 PM

From what I have seen Deysha is definitely awesome!

Deysha, PM sent with my order number. Talked to the dealer, got the order number and worked out what I needed to with them. Order should be Grabber Blue, V6 Premium with IUP and performance package.

rok4d
Old 6/2/11, 05:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Ordered my GB coupe on 5/23, and today my dealer gave me my order # and an ETA of 6/21. PM sent to Deysha anyway, just to be sure!
Old 6/2/11, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are the pics:

Old 6/2/11, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would murder them for putting their stupid dealership lettering on the back of my car!
Old 6/2/11, 06:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
Here are the pics:

Dude, that's my new car!! (Except for the wheels)

That thing is righteous!
Old 6/2/11, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Jay they are gonna do that. They removed all the plastic and put that sticker on before the car got to the dealer. Why idk.

Thanks. Eric. It looks better in person. You are gonna love GB.
Old 6/2/11, 06:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It'll come off easy enough, especially since it's brand new but man it makes me . If they want to pay me for advertising for them fine but....

We bought my wife a new car two months ago and I had the decal off before we left the lot. My dealer will know darn well not to put any stickers, lettering or waste their dealer plates on my car because it will be off and in the garbage before I drive it off their lot if they do!

Zen zen zen.... congrats on getting your car tomorrow, I really hope you enjoy it!
Old 6/2/11, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Update with some better news

Well I had said I was sol on the $750 private cash certificate. But the dealer talked to his rep and they are going to honor it for me. I also had a call from Ford customer service and they are saying car will be here at dealer first of the week. We'll see but at least it's something other then eta of 5/10

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition