2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/11, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All u boys in the waiting room, hang in there , it is so worth it! I love this car! Waited 5 1/2 months. Hope everyone gets their soon.
Old 5/25/11, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by going for broke
Called DVD today and was told my car is now sitting on ramp 5 awaiting transport. Lady said it's the first movement since it was released from the plant on may 5th. Hopefully it will show at dealer in the next few days.
Don't hold your breath. Mine has been in transit according to Deysha since 5-16-11. Although I think the RR being flooded on the way to NOLA is what is delaying my car.
Old 5/25/11, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RaceRed12
I am so sick and tired of Ford and the Ford dealer I am working with. I have waited 17 1/2 weeks for this **** car and nothing. It has been built for a month and is now somewhere in Minnesota waiting for a transport to Iowa. Two ETAs have come and gone and all the dealer can or will say is hopefully they receive it in a few days. Based upon past experience I can guarantee this car will not show up within three days. This is the worst major purchase experience I have been through. I think what really makes me mad is Ford could care less.

I have asked Deysha for a way to escalate my frustration up the chain of command within Ford and received no response. I have called FCS twice. The second time I was told I would receive a call in two days. Did I receive the call? NO

I have wanted a Mustang for twenty years. Like most of you I have researched them to death, dreamed about what my first mods would be, and was excited beyond belief the day I placed the order. Since then it has been one big disappointment. The excitement was gone long ago. I told my dealer I was very disatisfied with their lack of communication to me even when I asked for weekly updates. I also told them I was very unhappy with Ford. I was told Ford would not do anything to make me happy. It appears the dealer will not either. All in all I do no think anyone from Ford or the dealer really cares.

I am honestly on the fence now about buying this car when it comes in. Part of me wants to tell the dealer to stick it based upon principal. The other part of me says to grin and bear it. Honestly though I do not feel like parting with $40,000 hard earned dollars on a product built by a manufacturer that does not care no matter how long I have wanted it. I bet Dodge or Chevy would like my $40,000.

Ford you had a chance to earn a new customer but instead you have made me a new customer for your competition. But do I think you will care? NO
Hang in there RaceRed12. I know it's easier said than done. I'm living the wait too. I ordered mine based on the so called 6 to 8 weeks. (Just before my vehicle inspection went out). I don't feel like dumping $1000 on getting the rack & pinion replaced on my 2000 V6 mustang when i have a 2012 Mustang GT on the way. (lucky i have a company truck) My order was put in just less than 2 weeks after your order and just made it to Ramp 51 this past sunday. The waiting game continues... So, try to not work yourself up too much about the wait (Yes, i know it sucks). It will get to you and you'll be feeling good then.
Old 5/25/11, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
Don't hold your breath. Mine has been in transit according to Deysha since 5-16-11. Although I think the RR being flooded on the way to NOLA is what is delaying my car.
Mine just made it to Ramp 51 on 5/22. (in transit) Do you know what Ramp your Mustang is on? I've heard that when it reaches Ramp 5 or few others mentioned that it will be on the way soon. From what i hear about Ramp 51, that sounds like some in between holding warehouse. I hope not. I am ready to get my ride out on the road. (14 1/2 week wait so far)
Old 5/25/11, 10:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally got my window sticker !!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
Just got a message from Desha.

Hey Rick,

Thank you for the info. I was able to check on your order and it has been sent into the plant to build by Jun-02-2011. It shows an ETA of Jun-11-2011 which is subject to change. It also received a VIN: 1ZVBP8FF6C5229267. Have a great day!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD

t: @FordCustService; @Ford

f: facebook.com/Ford
Finally we got the wheels rolling !!!!!!!!
Thanks to Deysha.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8FF6C5229267

Last edited by STUKUP2112; 5/25/11 at 11:14 PM.
Old 5/25/11, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
Hang in there RaceRed12. I know it's easier said than done. I'm living the wait too. I ordered mine based on the so called 6 to 8 weeks. (Just before my vehicle inspection went out). I don't feel like dumping $1000 on getting the rack & pinion replaced on my 2000 V6 mustang when i have a 2012 Mustang GT on the way. (lucky i have a company truck) My order was put in just less than 2 weeks after your order and just made it to Ramp 51 this past sunday. The waiting game continues... So, try to not work yourself up too much about the wait (Yes, i know it sucks). It will get to you and you'll be feeling good then.
I just received my GT Premium today after almost 4 months. Ordered 2/1, built 4/11, delivered 5/25. I was as pissed off as anybody about the wait but once I drove it home, it is well worth it. Very nice car and fast.
Old 5/26/11, 04:50 AM
DCS

Took delivery last night, leaving for a 1866 mile round trip to Galveston tomorrow!

Originally Posted by DCS
Ordered 3/21, built 5/5, delivered to dealer 5/23. It's in the shop getting stuff put on, I'll get to drive it in a day or two, hopefully!

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A Convertible, 6R80, electronics package, comfort package, HID, rear camera, backup sensors, polished aluminum wheels, CS front fascia and foglamps, rear diffuser, decklid panel, and bright billet grille.
Old 5/26/11, 05:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SynisterGT

Well initially it was part of the stop ship movement so I'm glad to see that at Least it's made a move in the right direction.
Old 5/26/11, 06:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RaceRed12
I am so sick and tired of Ford and the Ford dealer I am working with. I have waited 17 1/2 weeks for this **** car and nothing. It has been built for a month and is now somewhere in Minnesota waiting for a transport to Iowa. Two ETAs have come and gone and all the dealer can or will say is hopefully they receive it in a few days. Based upon past experience I can guarantee this car will not show up within three days. This is the worst major purchase experience I have been through. I think what really makes me mad is Ford could care less.

I have asked Deysha for a way to escalate my frustration up the chain of command within Ford and received no response. I have called FCS twice. The second time I was told I would receive a call in two days. Did I receive the call? NO

I have wanted a Mustang for twenty years. Like most of you I have researched them to death, dreamed about what my first mods would be, and was excited beyond belief the day I placed the order. Since then it has been one big disappointment. The excitement was gone long ago. I told my dealer I was very disatisfied with their lack of communication to me even when I asked for weekly updates. I also told them I was very unhappy with Ford. I was told Ford would not do anything to make me happy. It appears the dealer will not either. All in all I do no think anyone from Ford or the dealer really cares.

I am honestly on the fence now about buying this car when it comes in. Part of me wants to tell the dealer to stick it based upon principal. The other part of me says to grin and bear it. Honestly though I do not feel like parting with $40,000 hard earned dollars on a product built by a manufacturer that does not care no matter how long I have wanted it. I bet Dodge or Chevy would like my $40,000.

Ford you had a chance to earn a new customer but instead you have made me a new customer for your competition. But do I think you will care? NO
Noooooo RaceRed12!!! I think you should call them later on today!!! (Hint, hint) Pleeeeease, just one more day! I truly do understand your frustration. Please just wait until today!!

Deysha
Old 5/26/11, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
Just got a message from Desha.

Hey Rick,

Thank you for the info. I was able to check on your order and it has been sent into the plant to build by Jun-02-2011. It shows an ETA of Jun-11-2011 which is subject to change. It also received a VIN: 1ZVBP8FF6C5229267. Have a great day!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD

t: @FordCustService; @Ford

f: facebook.com/Ford
Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
Woo Hoo !! Got my VIN, Build Date and ETA today from Deysha !!!

Hi Scott,

Great News!! I checked on your order today and it has scheduled to build by Jun-06-2011. It has an ETA of Jun-11-2011 which is subject to change. It also received a VIN: 1ZVBP8CU4C5229805. Have a great day!

Deysha

GOOD TIMES!!!

Deysha
Old 5/26/11, 07:27 AM

Thank you Deysha. It shows my car at ramp 51. Do you know if it is true what Restless2012 posted? That ramp 51 is where the cars that need additional work are sent.
No 2012GrabbGT, this is only another ramp where the vehicles wait to be shipped off. And I triple checked that.

Deysha
Old 5/26/11, 08:00 AM
GT Member

Hang in there guys, after 6 months of waiting myself, I can tell you that driving this thing will make you forget all the aggravation, yeah even really deep aggravation like the one I endured for a long time
Deysha was a definite BIG help in the process
Old 5/26/11, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
No 2012GrabbGT, this is only another ramp where the vehicles wait to be shipped off. And I triple checked that.

Deysha
Whew, that's a relief to know. Thank you Deysha. YOU are THE BEST!
Old 5/26/11, 08:16 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, today is supposedly the day. The dealer told me yesterday that the local trucking company should be delivering our Stang to the dealership today. Our dealer already has our PDI scheduled for today, as long as it arrives before 3pm, otherwise he has it on the books for tomorrow (Friday, 5/27) morning. PDI will take about two hours.

They also said they would call us if and when the delivery truck arrived so we could come over and watch our car being unloaded. It is hard to believe, but we may actually get to set eyes on our car for the first time today! Man I hope we get to!
Old 5/26/11, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Ok, today is supposedly the day. The dealer told me yesterday that the local trucking company should be delivering our Stang to the dealership today. Our dealer already has our PDI scheduled for today, as long as it arrives before 3pm, otherwise he has it on the books for tomorrow (Friday, 5/27) morning. PDI will take about two hours.

They also said they would call us if and when the delivery truck arrived so we could come over and watch our car being unloaded. It is hard to believe, but we may actually get to set eyes on our car for the first time today! Man I hope we get to!
Congrats!! The long wait is finally almost over!

What is involved in the PDI?
Old 5/26/11, 08:25 AM
V6 Member

Well some good news from my dealer this morning. He's been calling every morning this week. I guess he's getting worried I'm going to cancel and he's right to think that. Anyway my ride is out of the purgatory of Ramp51 (whether for additional work or not) and has moved to New Boston MI. Ramp5M for shipment, I hope! Hopefully I'll have it by the 6/4.
GT Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Congrats!! The long wait is finally almost over!

What is involved in the PDI?
PDI = Post Delivery Inspection. This is when they check for delivery damage, check all the fluids, enable the electronics, remove all the shipping protection, things like that.
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Noooooo RaceRed12!!! I think you should call them later on today!!! (Hint, hint) Pleeeeease, just one more day! I truly do understand your frustration. Please just wait until today!!

Deysha
Got any hints for me?? Just sent you a pm.
Old 5/26/11, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mine just made it to Ramp 51 on 5/22. (in transit) Do you know what Ramp your Mustang is on? I've heard that when it reaches Ramp 5 or few others mentioned that it will be on the way soon. From what i hear about Ramp 51, that sounds like some in between holding warehouse. I hope not. I am ready to get my ride out on the road. (14 1/2 week wait so far)
Im not sure where it is. All Deysha said was that it is in tranit. Im sure it has been said but how to find out what ramp is it on?
Old 5/26/11, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DCS
Took delivery last night, leaving for a 1866 mile round trip to Galveston tomorrow!
Sweeet! Just Vary the RPM from time to time for first 1K and dont redline it yet

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition