Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/11, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GT100e
Is there a way with the window sticker to get a "potentially possible" delivery date? At the bottom center of the sticker it has a date 04/14/2011, is that when it was scheduled to be on its way to be built? Blend is 4099, it is missing the boot cover and car cover on there but those aren't necessary to the building process so I'm not worried YET.

Anyone?
That date is the date you viewed the sticker. At the top is some numbers to the left of the blend. That is the blend date. The last 4 digits is the day the car should be complete. You cant really get an ETA from the sticker. Deysha can give you that or the dealer can look it up through the Vehicle Visibility report
Old 4/14/11, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A month is about right. I got my window sticker on 27JAN, the car was built 04FEB, and was received at the dealer on 03MAR, so just about a month.
Old 4/14/11, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by SChokie
Hey all, I have been following this thread since I ordered my 2012 on Feb. 7th. I finally broke down and signed up this week so I could join the masses and pester Deysha. I have a build week of April 15th, but my ETA isn't until May 12th. This seems like a long time in between compared to what most people post. Charleston SC isn't next door, but not exactly the far side of the work either. Anyone else has almost a month between build and delivery? Don't get me wrong, I am happy I know its being built and will be on its way soon, just seems weird. Thank you for the info Deysha, you do a great service!
I have a build of 4/14 and an ETA of 5/8 That's 3 weeks assuming it shows up on time. I'm in NY, seems like a long time to me too
Old 4/14/11, 12:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SChokie
I have given up on figuring out the system and reverted to sacrificing baby animals to please the gods to make it arrive faster.
Don't tease me, I might actually try that, if it works for you.
Old 4/14/11, 02:08 PM
V6 Member

Hi all,
New to the site, but I've been following since I ordered my GT on 3/17 (St. Patrick's Day), seems like everyone is in the same boat here. So I figured I would join in on this forum. I’ve been waiting patiently, but still haven't gotten a VIN yet and starting to get impatient! I hope I don't have to wait 8 weeks just to get a VIN, like some here. Well If I don’t have a VIN by May 20th I’m cancelling and going out to buy a new Harley. If Ford doesn’t want my business, I’m sure Harley does.

GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W, 19" Nickel Aluminum Rims, HID Headlamps.
Old 4/14/11, 02:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Restless2012
Hi all,
New to the site, but I've been following since I ordered my GT on 3/17 (St. Patrick's Day), seems like everyone is in the same boat here. So I figured I would join in on this forum. I’ve been waiting patiently, but still haven't gotten a VIN yet and starting to get impatient! I hope I don't have to wait 8 weeks just to get a VIN, like some here. Well If I don’t have a VIN by May 20th I’m cancelling and going out to buy a new Harley. If Ford doesn’t want my business, I’m sure Harley does.

GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W, 19" Nickel Aluminum Rims, HID Headlamps.
Wishing you the best of course. As an aside, Harley probably does want (and need) your business more than Ford. I think their sales took a beating and haven't really recovered following the meltdown a few years ago. It's difficult for people to entertain the idea of paying $25,000 for a motorcycle, especially when you can't take a second mortgage on the house for 0% anymore to finance it! Amazing how much and how quickly the mentality has changed.
Old 4/14/11, 03:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by PolishAmericanMustang
Wishing you the best of course. As an aside, Harley probably does want (and need) your business more than Ford. I think their sales took a beating and haven't really recovered following the meltdown a few years ago. It's difficult for people to entertain the idea of paying $25,000 for a motorcycle, especially when you can't take a second mortgage on the house for 0% anymore to finance it! Amazing how much and how quickly the mentality has changed.
Thanks for your well wishes PolishAmericanMustang. Yes your statement about Harley is true. Funny thing today I received a letter from A Harley Dealership near me that is closing up shop due to the recession. I'm just frustrated. This is the first car I special ordered and I'm getting a little nervous with all the rumors of the parts/paint shortages and Ford over their desired stock on 2012 Mustangs and may stop production for awhile. I just can’t wait until I have the car.

Old 4/14/11, 03:19 PM

I know I have said this before, but this has been a most frustrating experience. All I ask of a company is to give me a date and stick to it!

My mustang has been pushed back now three times and no one can give me a straight answer. Instead of saying, "Part "A" is missing" or "its more economical for us to build V6's right now" I just get a date and a feigned apology.

Even when I called Customer Service, they could not let me know if my car is to be built tomorrow like the window sticker, nor can they explain the delays.

As such, ALL I am asking for is a solid date, becuase like many here I want to take vacation and enjoy my purchase. I DO NOT care (I lied, I do care a little) if delivery is three months away, so long as Ford sticks to what they say.

After a dealer trying to back away from our agreed upon price, this is the least thing that Ford can do.
Old 4/14/11, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi all,

Not to discourage you but i'm going on 9 weeks and no VIN. The wait really sucks! All i can tell you is "be patient".
Old 4/14/11, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It might not be that bad

Hi all,

For those of us that ordered "early", before production started 8 weeks would have been lightning fast! I ordered my car 15 weeks ago (Jan. 3) and it is supposed to be built April 15. Having said that, there are people on this site that ordered 5 or 6 weeks after me and their cars were built before mine. I have no idea how they schedule, but so long as your dealer has allocation for your Mustang your wait should be considerably shorter than the rest of us. I am pretty sure that this is the last time I will ever pre-order a car. Getting in line ealy did not work to my advantage. Hopefully I will be driving it by the end of April and this will all be a distant memory. Welcome to the waiting room, you are in good company and good luck.

Laura
Old 4/14/11, 11:16 PM

So here's a funny story: On the way home from dinner with the parents, and thought it would be cool to stop by and look at a lava red gt because they never saw the color. Thought I would show my dad a lava red hd on the lot after they saw the car. Was walking through the lot to go back to the car and saw a mustang with the saddle interior. As I got closer to the car I realized it wasnt black but lava red. Started looking at the options and realized it was my car! As of a day or two ago it was in the lot in michigan! I'm so happy, and surprised that it just "showed up!" Anyone else have their car arrive much earlier than expected? I was thinking late next week. Lol now hopefully don't get slammed on my trade in, hope to be driving the car by saturday!
Old 4/15/11, 04:40 AM

My salesman checked the status last night, and my car has been built! The build date was 4/12. The ETA is 4/21, which would be about 6 weeks since I ordered (they said 6-8 weeks). So far, everything has been right on schedule.

2012 Mustang
Black
V6 manual
3.31 rear axle
Ordered 3/14/11
ETA 4/21/11

Last edited by catcher5; 4/15/11 at 04:42 AM.
Old 4/15/11, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Sweeeet. Was able to pull up my VIN today,, build day of 4/25! Cant wait
Old 4/15/11, 07:41 AM
V6 Member

Talked to my salesman last night, he said the owner of the dealership called Ford to push the orders they have pending. Ford told him that "they would do their best to get the dealers retail orders built." I didn't get any reason why there’s a hold up, not very encouraging. Well good luck to all who are still waiting for VIN’s. For those who have their VIN’s, SWEET! Wish you the best with your new ride!!

Old 4/15/11, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Talked to my salesman last night, he said the owner of the dealership called Ford to push the orders they have pending. Ford told him that "they would do their best to get the dealers retail orders built." I didn't get any reason why there's a hold up, not very encouraging. Well good luck to all who are still waiting for VIN's. For those who have their VIN's, SWEET! Wish you the best with your new ride!!

Yeah, I don't see why we can't even get a VIN yet. They've had my order on hold supposedly. You'd think they'd be able to give us some kind of round about date.
Old 4/15/11, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Woke up this morning, grabbed some coffee, got settled in at work, then did our morning ritual of checking the forums, and the status of our VIN (window sticker).

Our freakin window sticker is UP, baby!!!

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CF1C5218231

We are surprised we got it so soon, considering our build day isn't until 4/26.

Anyway, hope you all get as good a surprise as we did today!

Last edited by EvilPeppard; 4/15/11 at 09:07 AM.
Old 4/15/11, 09:35 AM

@EvilPeppard. That is awesome. Im waiting for my window sticker now. It seems there are a few of us on here that got slotted for the 4.25.2011 build, and that is cool you got the sticker so early. I was expecting it next week-ish. Seriously im getting anxious. Picking this bad boy up the second day of leave from deployment. Hope I dont get speeding tickets, too fast....
Old 4/15/11, 09:50 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Extremis302
Picking this bad boy up the second day of leave from deployment.
I hope you and others get your windows stickers soon too.

And thank you for your service!
Old 4/15/11, 11:14 AM
GT Member

Congratulations to all of you getting window stickers. And congratulations to all of you already driving your new Mustangs!!

My dealer sent me the status of mine this morning...

Status
Primary: In Transit
Secondary: Received - Rail (Auto Warehousing )
Vehicle Location: Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI
Status Date / Time: Apr-14-2011, 13:00 ET
ETA: May-01-2011

I'm not sure how accurate the projection is but I'm hoping it arrives before the ETA. Does anyone know how close they come to these dates or does it just depend your location? Thanks.
Old 4/15/11, 11:28 AM

Just pulled my Window Sticker this morning... hope the ETA of 4/30 still holds true! Can't wait.....

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition