Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/11, 09:22 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 99mstng
Thanks Deysha! Dealer told me he had the second Mustang allocation showing in his system for week 21 and then it got bumped to week 23 . . . hopefully it will be this time next week that one gets scheduled.
I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Deysha
Old 6/1/11, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rok4d
Hi all, First post for me.

I just ordered a 2012 Mustang Premium V6 with performance package - Grabber Blue with the 6 sp manual. The dealer says "they put a rush on it" but after reading through this discussion it looks like that is not even possible. I went to make a change to my order 3 days later and he says too bad, you can't change anything.

So while I am excited I am also a bit disappointed with things now (since he said I had a couple weeks to make a change if I decided I wanted something different on it).

Anyone else had experience with trying to make a change to an order? It is not like the car is on the production line (and it likely won't be for a couple of months).

Thanks a bunch.
rok4d
I added the comfort package about a month after my order was put in by the dealer on 2/14. No problem.
Of course, it was a month later until I even got a VIN and 2 months after the added comfort package when they actually got around to build it.
Maybe your close to getting a VIN.

Last edited by 2012GrabbGT; 6/1/11 at 10:27 AM.
Old 6/1/11, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

If the order has been picked up by ford then no you can't change. Good news is that your wait may not be as long as others since half the battle is scheduling the order.
Old 6/1/11, 10:06 AM

My dealer won't tell me if the order has been picked up by Ford. But I guess if I really can't change it then that is too bad.

I wanted to change the car to the MCOA edition with the performance package, instead of just the performance package. The Ford.ca site is pretty confusing and I did not realize that you do not get fog lights or a spoiler with the performance package. For the price difference I wanted to get them done by the factory because that is cheaper than trying to add them afterwards.

Thanks for the info!
Old 6/1/11, 11:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rok4d
My dealer won't tell me if the order has been picked up by Ford. But I guess if I really can't change it then that is too bad.

I wanted to change the car to the MCOA edition with the performance package, instead of just the performance package. The Ford.ca site is pretty confusing and I did not realize that you do not get fog lights or a spoiler with the performance package. For the price difference I wanted to get them done by the factory because that is cheaper than trying to add them afterwards.

Thanks for the info!
Hmm. Why won't they tell you if ford has scheduled. It's almost like they aren't taking you seriously. Any money down??
Old 6/1/11, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Will do. We ordering the clear bra, along with double 10" black gloss stripes. The stripes will wrap (cobra style) from the bottom of the front bumper to the bottom of the rear bumper. It is scheduled already to go in June 1 for the bra and stripes.

We are also adding tungsten tracers on the outer edge of the stripes, and a "302" to each side of the GT5 hood scoop. :P
FYI,

We dropped the car off this morning for the clear bra and stripes. We'll post pictures this weekend.
Old 6/1/11, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard

FYI,

We dropped the car off this morning for the clear bra and stripes. We'll post pictures this weekend.
Can't wait to see them.
Old 6/1/11, 11:46 AM

Yup - deposit down. I think it is a function of how much they are making on the deal. Would be different if I was buying a Boss or GT500. But not much margin in a V6 so why spend a bunch of time on it.
Old 6/1/11, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Any suggestions on where or what clear bra and or how you like it would be appreciated. Did you wax or seal the car before you dropped it off?
Old 6/1/11, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Emailed back and forth with my dealer. He says he thinks my car will be on it's way soon and he'll start to give me a daily update. Anyone wanna volunteer to hold their breath for me. Lol
Old 6/1/11, 02:12 PM
V6 Member

Well my wait is over!!! I feel I got EXTREMELY LUCKY, I ordered my car on 5/2 and two days ago found the exact car I ordered ( kona blue v6 performance package ) sitting on a lot, my dealer got it on a dealer trade and I canceled my order today. I'll be picking it up Saturday!!
Old 6/1/11, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by andrewINmis
Well my wait is over!!! I feel I got EXTREMELY LUCKY, I ordered my car on 5/2 and two days ago found the exact car I ordered ( kona blue v6 performance package ) sitting on a lot, my dealer got it on a dealer trade and I canceled my order today. I'll be picking it up Saturday!!
Good move. Congrats!
Old 6/1/11, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andrewINmis
But now you don't get to experience the agony of waiting. Why would you do that?
Old 6/1/11, 04:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Restless2012
GT Premium 5.0L, Candy Red, 6 Speed Auto, 400A, Comfort Pkg. GT Accessory Pkg. 5, Shaker 1000W Audio, 19" Nickel Aluminum Wheels, HID-Security Pkg., Remote Start, GT Power Upgrade Pkg. (Installing when it gets to dealer).
Does that GT Power Upgrade Pkg include the Ford Racing 3" Exhaust System? I'd really like to hear a clip of that exhaust. Can't find it anywhere on Youtube. Right now i'm eyeballing the PYPES and STAINLESS WORKS 3" catback systems but would like to hear FRPP's 3" exhaust system before i make up my mind.
Old 6/1/11, 05:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wonger
Any suggestions on where or what clear bra and or how you like it would be appreciated. Did you wax or seal the car before you dropped it off?
I had mine installed by a local outfit in the Bay Area - so that might not help you (but he has 15+ years experience and was trained by the manufacturer's course). He gives a lifetime warranty, and uses XPEL kits, covering the front 1/4 of the hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors, headlights/foglights, and rear lip beneath the trunk hood where luggage is often dragged. I discussed it with him prior to my car's arrival and he suggested I get it to him directly from the dealer. He prepped by washing himself - but not waxing. Be patient with it, as you'll see tiny air bubbles the next day - they will dissolve by themselves within a couple days. My installer was very thorough in explaining the recommended care (wash and wax such that you always move your mit/towel away from the bra, towards the rest of the car, to avoid buildup at the lip). Also, spend a few $ and purchase the cleaner/sealant sold on XPEL's site.

I'm very pleased with the outcome. I don't cringe while driving down the freeway - and have the peace of mind knowing the front end will be in good shape years from now.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-3b.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-4b.jpg   VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition-1.jpg  
Old 6/1/11, 06:41 PM

Happy day! Got my VIN, build day (june 13), and "ETA" of June 25th! Thanks Deysha for being awesome! I ordered April 8th-ish, so not a bad wait so far.
Old 6/1/11, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bad news for me...

Well I still don't know when my car will show and now my $750 cash certificate has expired so I'm out that as well. I thought seeing though I obtained it after I decided to order the 60 days allotted would be plenty of time to get the car in. The original eta was 5/8 then 5/10 and since then there have been no new eta updates. I guess that the dealer can ask for an exception to the expiration but thats no guarantee. In the meantime I contacted Ford marketing and the guy is setting me up with another brochure (no guarantees it will contain the $750 offer though) so we shall see what happens. I know i haven't had to wait nearly as long as others but this waiting for 4 weeks after the car gets built and still don't have it is for the birds.... oh yea and I only live about 170 miles from plant.
I know it will be worth it when I get it but it seems like lately here all the cards are stacked against me.
Old 6/1/11, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lava Dude
I had mine installed by a local outfit in the Bay Area - so that might not help you (but he has 15+ years experience and was trained by the manufacturer's course). He gives a lifetime warranty, and uses XPEL kits, covering the front 1/4 of the hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors, headlights/foglights, and rear lip beneath the trunk hood where luggage is often dragged. I discussed it with him prior to my car's arrival and he suggested I get it to him directly from the dealer. He prepped by washing himself - but not waxing. Be patient with it, as you'll see tiny air bubbles the next day - they will dissolve by themselves within a couple days. My installer was very thorough in explaining the recommended care (wash and wax such that you always move your mit/towel away from the bra, towards the rest of the car, to avoid buildup at the lip). Also, spend a few $ and purchase the cleaner/sealant sold on XPEL's site.

I'm very pleased with the outcome. I don't cringe while driving down the freeway - and have the peace of mind knowing the front end will be in good shape years from now.

Good Luck.

well it looks good to me because I can't even tell it's on there..
what does something like that cost if you don't mind me asking??
Old 6/1/11, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Well I still don't know when my car will show and now my $750 cash certificate has expired so I'm out that as well. I thought seeing though I obtained it after I decided to order the 60 days allotted would be plenty of time to get the car in. The original eta was 5/8 then 5/10 and since then there have been no new eta updates. I guess that the dealer can ask for an exception to the expiration but thats no guarantee. In the meantime I contacted Ford marketing and the guy is setting me up with another brochure (no guarantees it will contain the $750 offer though) so we shall see what happens. I know i haven't had to wait nearly as long as others but this waiting for 4 weeks after the car gets built and still don't have it is for the birds.... oh yea and I only live about 170 miles from plant.
I know it will be worth it when I get it but it seems like lately here all the cards are stacked against me.
I know how ya feel. Hopefully, we get ours soon.
Old 6/1/11, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by going for broke
Mine is set to expire on 6/25. My ETA is 6/21. I voiced my concern to my dealer and they "talked to their Ford rep" and were able to lock in the discount. Now I rest easy if the car is delayed for some reason. I'd check with you dealer again............

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition