2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/11, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transit Tracking

Our sales lady keeps saying that there is no way to track our order now that it is built. But I have read lots and lots of people here say that their dealership knew the day it was supposed to arrive and many even recieve a call an hour or so before delivery. It really seems to me that my dealership just is not willing to put in the work, its a gaurenteed sale and they just dont care. Is there anyway that I can track this myself? We told her we would love to be there when it is unloaded and whatnot shes says thats almost impossible since she won't know its there until the truck pulls into the lot...Any help is grealty appreciated (and way more than I am recieving now) Thanks in advance everybody!
Old 5/19/11, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eallsquires
Our sales lady keeps saying that there is no way to track our order now that it is built. But I have read lots and lots of people here say that their dealership knew the day it was supposed to arrive and many even recieve a call an hour or so before delivery. It really seems to me that my dealership just is not willing to put in the work, its a gaurenteed sale and they just dont care. Is there anyway that I can track this myself? We told her we would love to be there when it is unloaded and whatnot shes says thats almost impossible since she won't know its there until the truck pulls into the lot...Any help is grealty appreciated (and way more than I am recieving now) Thanks in advance everybody!
Aside from the info that Deysha can provide, or the information from FCS when you call them, your dealer is your only other source for tracking.

And I don't need to say it, but it is B.S. your dealer cannot track it after it is built. When you call FCS they will tell you, "call your dealer for more detailed info". Your dealer has access to the Vehicle Visibility Report; the tool that tracks every VIN of each vehicle they have on order. Call your dealer and ask them to email you a screen shot of the VVR. This report updates regularly, sometimes even multiple times per day.

Hope that all helps.
Old 5/19/11, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eallsquires
I know the feeling. My salesman is doing the bare minimum. Maybe because I used the X plan? Who knows?
Old 5/19/11, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The plot thickens:

Talked to FCS level 2 today again, and they say that my car is still sitting in Flat Rock on a stop ship, which is completely contradictory to what my dealer saw in the VVR on Tuesday.

Seems FCS uses one SME (sales managing employee or something) to track all orders, and he shoots info back to the FCS reps who call us. She said her info was up to date with today, but they apparently cant pull up the VVR info.

It doesn't make a lot of sense considering cars built after mine are ARRIVING AT DEALERSHIPS, and mine is still sitting there. Especially when some cars arriving are 1000+ miles away, and mine is 300 miles.

Ugh, I just wish SOMEONE could tell me where exactly my car is and WHEN it is going to arrive.

Oh Deysha, where art though!?

Last edited by LEwis26; 5/19/11 at 02:55 PM.
Old 5/19/11, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
I know the feeling. My salesman is doing the bare minimum. Maybe because I used the X plan? Who knows?
We qualified for VIP Pricing...and we were thinking that that may be a factor as well.
Old 5/19/11, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
The plot thickens:

Talked to FCS level 2 today again, and they say that my car is still sitting in Flat Rock on a stop ship, which is completely contradictory to what my dealer saw in the VVR on Tuesday.

Seems FCS uses one SME (sales managing employee or something) to track all orders, and he shoots info back to the FCS reps who call us. She said her info was up to date with today, but they apparently cant pull up the VVR info.

It doesn't make a lot of sense considering cars built after mine are ARRIVING AT DEALERSHIPS, and mine is still sitting there. Especially when some cars arriving are 1000+ miles away, and mine is 300 miles.

Ugh, I just wish SOMEONE could tell me where exactly my car is and WHEN it is going to arrive.

Oh Deysha, where art though!?
That has to be more frustrating than most of our waits. I wish you luck.
Old 5/19/11, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2012GrabbGT
That has to be more frustrating than most of our waits. I wish you luck.
You have no idea how frustrated I am. I'm trying to remain calm and think positively, but its getting more and more difficult everyday.

I know once the car arrives, I'll forget all about this, but I'm approaching 17 weeks since I ordered, and still have no car, or and word on WHEN I will have it.
Old 5/19/11, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Aside from the info that Deysha can provide, or the information from FCS when you call them, your dealer is your only other source for tracking.

And I don't need to say it, but it is B.S. your dealer cannot track it after it is built. When you call FCS they will tell you, "call your dealer for more detailed info". Your dealer has access to the Vehicle Visibility Report; the tool that tracks every VIN of each vehicle they have on order. Call your dealer and ask them to email you a screen shot of the VVR. This report updates regularly, sometimes even multiple times per day.

Hope that all helps.
Thanks! I will make sure to ask her for that tomorrow after she send us any new info from her morning report. As angry as it makes me, it did make me smile a bit today when she said she had 'only been there for 7 years and has NOT yet learned to read reports' Whats up with that?!
Old 5/19/11, 03:37 PM
V6 Member

I am in the same boat as you people above who can't get any info on your rides. My car was supposed to be here on 5/15. It's no where to be seen. My dealer says it's in transit. Called FCS today they say it's in transit, but since it hasn't arrived yet they are escalating to the next level and FCS will call me in a couple of days. I've had it and I'm on the verge of canceling my order. I don't need this aggravation anymore. If I don't get a straight answer when FCS calls I'm cancelling. I don't need a Mustang that bad.
Old 5/19/11, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Restless2012
I am in the same boat as you people above who can't get any info on your rides. My car was supposed to be here on 5/15. It's no where to be seen. My dealer says it's in transit. Called FCS today they say it's in transit, but since it hasn't arrived yet they are escalating to the next level and FCS will call me in a couple of days. I've had it and I'm on the verge of canceling my order. I don't need this aggravation anymore. If I don't get a straight answer when FCS calls I'm cancelling. I don't need a Mustang that bad.
I had a similar thing happen to me...my first ETA was May 11th. Came and went. My 2nd ETA was yesterday. Came and went. My dealer isn't giving me any information other than "we'll call you when it arrives"...which means nothing to me. All things considered there's no way I can cancel now though...been waiting too long (been saving since last July), been wanting it too much.

You're free to do that if you want but it seems a shame to spend all that time waiting and then quit a few steps away from the finish line. I know it's bull**** but you gotta hang in there just a bit longer. You're not alone. Infact even our vin/window sticker/build dates and ETAs are similar.

Last edited by Kiva128; 5/19/11 at 04:55 PM.
Old 5/19/11, 06:46 PM

Car is finally home! It has been a GREAT day! Hope everyone else gets their cars soon. How do I post pics?
Old 5/19/11, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cd4537
Car is finally home! It has been a GREAT day! Hope everyone else gets their cars soon. How do I post pics?
Ugh, a 5/3 build delivered to New York before my 4/21 build to Indiana?! I'm getting so frustrated.

Regardless, CONGRATS!!

As for pics, upload them to photobucket and use the [IMG] links in a post, or use the photo button here.
Old 5/19/11, 07:44 PM

Thanks for the instructions LEWis26. Hope you get your car soon.
Old 5/19/11, 07:44 PM

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc498/cd4537/
Old 5/19/11, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Ugh, a 5/3 build delivered to New York before my 4/21 build to Indiana?! I'm getting so frustrated.

Regardless, CONGRATS!!

As for pics, upload them to photobucket and use the [IMG] links in a post, or use the photo button here.
My build date was 5/3, original eta was 5/8 then 5/10 now who knows. Whats weird is this car was built on the same day as mine, only difference is auto (powertrain wise) yet obviously his checked out ok?? and yours and mine are being held up. I guess so long as the car is right when we get it I'll be happy. Just harder and harder to wait after you know the things is sitting assembled and ready to go in a lot somewhere.
Old 5/19/11, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice ride congrats.
Old 5/19/11, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is a darn sexy car. That 401a interior is aces! I can't wait to get my own. :-)
Old 5/19/11, 08:16 PM

Ordered 4/2/2011 Kona Premium GT,3.73,401A,Glass Roof,HID+SEC,19"rims @ Dealership 5/19/2011 Pickup this Saturday Dealer sent Pics
Old 5/19/11, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Very nice. I love Kona Blue but it looks good to me only in certian lightning.

OT why or how does Ford gets orders in for a car and they built out of order? I ordered mine 3-19-11 but nycuser ordered on 4-2-11 and got his car before me. (not pointing you out just using you as an example.)

I know there are people that ordered back in Nov/Dec/Jan and are still waiting just trying to gain some insight.

Last edited by SynisterGT; 5/19/11 at 10:45 PM.
Old 5/20/11, 02:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Kiva128
I had a similar thing happen to me...my first ETA was May 11th. Came and went. My 2nd ETA was yesterday. Came and went. My dealer isn't giving me any information other than "we'll call you when it arrives"...which means nothing to me. All things considered there's no way I can cancel now though...been waiting too long (been saving since last July), been wanting it too much.

You're free to do that if you want but it seems a shame to spend all that time waiting and then quit a few steps away from the finish line. I know it's bull**** but you gotta hang in there just a bit longer. You're not alone. Infact even our vin/window sticker/build dates and ETAs are similar.
Thanks Kiva128, but I wish they would give me straight answer. Like it's held over in PA right now or something like that. I'm trading in my 99 Dodge RAM Pickup which is starting to give me trouble and I don't want to spend money to repair it. While I'm waiting for this car. I'm totally at the end of my rope with this situation!

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition