2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/11, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im now playing two hands! Orig order 1/3/11,,been sitting unsched clean for 100days!! Another dealer just put in a stock order for the exact car I ordered and he said 6 weeks so I guess I will see what shows up first. No money on second car btw.
Old 4/8/11, 08:36 AM
GT Member

Some level of progress, I received my VIN# today!!!
Old 4/8/11, 08:50 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Here we go again,,seems ford ironicly has too many mustangs piled up although our retail orders are not filled. this is because the "OK to buy" wasnt achieved before they started filling retail orders. Now they will shut down for at least a week. Unreal

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/02/r...japan-fallout/
YES!!! 12GTBLK, your order has scheduled! I will send you the info in a minute!

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
I just got a report from my dealer. Car was sent to plant-in production as of today. It doesn't show a production date but it show an ETA of 4/22. I'm sure I'm still 4/14. Still no window sticker. I might try to find another VIN from another car and try to see it it works.....stand by.....

Ok I tried anothe VIN (sorry Hawk, it was yours) and the sticker does show up.
Usually the window sticker does not show until close to the build week.

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Placed my order exactly 4 months ago. still no window sticker

I'm rocking a 98 volvo with about a billion miles on it and a mile long list of stuff to fix before I can sell it :/

Hi FastRedPonyCar,

The window sticker normally shows up close to the build week.

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
YES!!! 12GTBLK, your order has scheduled! I will send you the info in a minute!

Deysha
SWEEEET! I have VIN and build week of 4/25. I called to cancell this order today and dealer said I have a VIN,,2 min later Deysha sent me the same info! Happy to see the end of the wait
Old 4/8/11, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by xisruno
I think this has been the hardest few days of my 4 month wait. I think the car has made it to the dealer as I seen about 4 5.0 in the back lot on my way home.

My sales guy is off on Tuesdays so I didn't get a call and was hard not to stop and ask. I will hope to get the call tomorrow.
CONGRATS!!! Happy that you got your car!!

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 01:38 PM

Attention members,

I would like to clarify something posted by OAC Sparky. There is no one employed by Ford Motor Company globally by the name of Avril Fuls. Given the timing of the posting, we believe someone might by trying to pull an "April Fools" joke on this topic. As seen in the press recently, there is a shortage of a metallic paint pigment produced exclusively in Japan that affects the entire automotive industry. We are limiting production of Tuxedo Black, Royal Red, Red Fire, and Red Candy for select 2011 model year vehicles. However, Mustang is not affected since we are building 2012 model year vehicles and the pigment in short supply is not used in the Mustang Black. Thank you for your support.

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 01:41 PM
GT Member

Attention members,

I would like to clarify something posted by OAC Sparky. There is no one employed by Ford Motor Company globally by the name of Avril Fuls. Given the timing of the posting, we believe someone might by trying to pull an "April Fools" joke on this topic. As seen in the press recently, there is a shortage of a metallic paint pigment produced exclusively in Japan that affects the entire automotive industry. We are limiting production of Tuxedo Black, Royal Red, Red Fire, and Red Candy for select 2011 model year vehicles. However, Mustang is not affected since we are building 2012 model year vehicles and the pigment in short supply is not used in the Mustang Black. Thank you for your support.

Deysha
That is GREAT news for somebody waiting for a BLACK GT/CS convertible
Old 4/8/11, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by GT100e
It can't be easy to deal with a bunch of Mustang "Nuts" especially when our dealers aren't "Mustang guys" and don't give alot of info...
Deysha rules even though the news isn't always what we want to hear...
Originally Posted by hslager
Thanks Deysha , you're the best.much appreciated .
Thank you guys for your support. It is very appreciated!!

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
So you were given a build date of 4/11, but no window sticker yet? That doesn't sound promising. I'm pretty sure someone with a 4/15 build date got their window sticker a couple of days ago.

My build date is supposed to be 4/18, but I'll believe it when I see my window sticker. My dealer called on Friday and was told my ETA is 5/2 which could jive with a 4/18 build date.

In the mean time, I'm also hoping to hear back from Deysha with an update.
Hey MikeR,

I sent you an update yesterday. I hope you received it.

Deysha
Old 4/8/11, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Hey MikeR,

I sent you an update yesterday. I hope you received it.

Deysha
Yes, I did. Thanks for your help!

Still... I'll feel much better once I get a window sticker. I was hoping I would see it by now, but I guess it's too soon. Perhaps Monday.

- Mike
Old 4/8/11, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Attention members,

Deysha
Yes, that Sparky is very much the practical joker.
Old 4/8/11, 07:08 PM

When do the 2012 brochures arrive at the dealers? I was near my dealership tonight and stopped in to pick up one ,they didn't have any and looked surprised when i told them i had one downloaded.
Old 4/8/11, 07:29 PM

What does it mean when your vehicle goes into production?
Old 4/8/11, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hslager
When do the 2012 brochures arrive at the dealers? I was near my dealership tonight and stopped in to pick up one ,they didn't have any and looked surprised when i told them i had one downloaded.
My dealer gave me a 2012 brochure on 3/5 when I ordered my car. I don't think he had a lot at the time.
Old 4/8/11, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Attention members,

Deysha
LMAO...I thought everyone knew that was a joke at least the second time they read it!
Old 4/8/11, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by james e hudson
What does it mean when your vehicle goes into production?

means either it is being built or on deck to be built
Old 4/9/11, 08:15 AM

Thank you Deysha for the PM!! Got a Build date of the 19th and delivery ETA of the 28th!! I cant wait! Ordered 3/14 Black GT CS 3.55, HID, Electronics, and comfort.
Old 4/9/11, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Just joined TMS today. Came across this thread and liked what i saw. Very impressed by Deysha. She seems to keep people here sane. Anyways, i have a 2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium Package on order with not to many extras. Ordered on 02-15-11. All i get from my dealer is the order is on hold. I know i'm in the same boat as most everybody is on this thread. Can't wait until i get my ride.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition