Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/11, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by going for broke
To all of you guys that have been waiting since the end of 2010.. Are you sure your ordering dealer had allocation at that time?? I odn't even think you coule truly "order" a 2012 at that point. the dealer I ordered mine from
received his allocation about a week prior to me placing my order. (march 14th.) He had thought the order bank had been open for about 4-6 weeks prior to him getting allocation. I had also talked to another dealer (larger) and he had just received allocation for three mustangs. If the dealer has no allocation the order can sit in the order bank forever and it won't be picked up. I just hope that these dealers weren't talking you up to get a unit sold and then banking on getting said allocation to fill your order??
I've got my V.I.N. so I guess my dealer was OK except for the fact that I ordered nov 30th and it was still for a 2011, which he should have known he couldn't get in Feb or march like I asked him for a delivery date.
Now it's a 2012 GT/CS instead of a 2011
Old 3/31/11, 09:44 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dkpeppard
Just wanted to post in here and subscribe to this thread. Our order is in my signature.

I talked to my dealer yesterday asking about their allocation. The dealer is Groove Ford here in Denver, CO. My sales guy said they were the third largest car dealer in the nation, and that all their special orders never took longer than six weeks.

My sales guy could not give me allocation numbers, but said he would be able to check with the Inventory Manager and get us more info on allocation and order updates by tomorrow (3/31). We'll see.

Order was placed on 3/14. I have confirmed Ford has it in their system. No VIN and no build date, but really hoping we have one before the week is over.

Anyway, nice to see everyone here, and hopefully our orders will keep moving along. The nice weather is coming, and we need our rides!
Your build is the exactly the same as ours!

We cannot wait for it to arrive. We hope production stays on schedule as much as possible, and we all are not affected by parts shortages.

Last edited by EvilPeppard; 3/31/11 at 10:26 AM.
Old 3/31/11, 10:52 AM
GT Member

I called FCS today and they told me my car is "in production" and that my delivery date (on or around April 27th) would most likely be adjusted once my car clears quality control. Last week I had a build date of April 11th.

That would be great news but I'm not able to pull a window sticker using my VIN. I tried two different sites and when I mentioned this I was told that "they took the site down because some of the codes on the site were being misinterpreted".

I keep seeing people mention dates being pushed so this doesn't sound quite right. I dunno but I emailed Deysha to see if she can confirm this. I thought I would mention it for what it's worth.
Old 3/31/11, 11:05 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Is Paul aware of anything ! That's a long wait for a VIN, i taught you already had that beast garaged somewhere.
No word yet. He'd asked the zone manager, but received the usual non-committal response...
Old 3/31/11, 12:48 PM

I dunno Iguanakeepr. I just check both of the VIN sites, and my sticker is still there. Sounds like a fishy answer to me.
Old 3/31/11, 12:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by balunr
I dunno Iguanakeepr. I just check both of the VIN sites, and my sticker is still there. Sounds like a fishy answer to me.
I'm guessing it's do to you ordering a v6

sent by my neighbor using my WiFi
Old 3/31/11, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by balunr
Can you show me what is the "other" VIN site please?

Thanks
Old 3/31/11, 01:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GT100e
Can you show me what is the "other" VIN site please?

Thanks
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin=
Old 3/31/11, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
I'm guessing it's do to you ordering a v6

Nope, ordered a GT.

...sorry, you weren't talking to me.

Last edited by IguanaKeepr; 3/31/11 at 01:32 PM.
Old 3/31/11, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got a response from FordCustSrvc (Deysha):

"Hi evilpeppard,

Sorry for the late response and thank you for reaching out to me. I checked on your order status and it shows your vehicle as “In order processing”. This means that your order has been received, successfully edited, and is awaiting scheduling action. Once your vehicle receives a schedule to build day, it should then get a VIN and ETA. Please keep checking with me weekly for updates."

It was exciting to receive an update. I hope to have a VIN and build week soon.

I also asked my Salesperson about their allocation. This was his response:

"We sold 55 for 2010, opened the store as Groove Feb 8, 2010, which was 3rd in the city. Allocation is a monthly thing and varies pretty widely based on monthly sales and a wholesale process that goes on once a month with Ford. We're getting a handful of Mustangs allocated every month and we seem to be filling those with orders. The big tell tale is the specialty stuff and we're getting the first Boss 302 Leguna Seca in the Region along with 3 more regular Boss 302's, and a couple GT 500's. Hope this helps. Just FYI, once the vehicle is pulled for production it goes pretty quick from built to shipped, so we won't see the vehicle pulled until closer to the ETA."

Not sure what all that means for us, but it has to be positive, considering they are getting so many Boss units.
Old 3/31/11, 01:43 PM

Could be, but I thought IguanaKeepr said they told him the sites were down, not that GT or Boss stickers were pulled down.

I don't want to be happy about delays for the rest of you, but if you could just see what I'm driving now... It ain't pretty.
Old 3/31/11, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

The salesman says that my car is now has a build day of 4/11 rather than the 4/4 build day that it had. I certainly hope that it does not get pushed back any further.

I did see a Lava Red mustang in person today. It really does look nice. The salesman who showed me the car said that they received a note from Ford saying not to order any cars with Lava Red, Race Red, or Red Candy. He also said that due to the paint shortage from Japan, it could take until September before they can get any new orders for those colors. I am sure that he is not being completely truthful, but does anyone know what is going on with the paint? My mom does want to order a V6 in red candy, so I hope the shortage is not bad. If it does delay my order much further, I will have to do something. May delivery is bad enough, but I refuse to wait until July, August, or September.
Old 3/31/11, 02:59 PM
GTC

For what it's worth....
Ordered Jan14, GT Premium, Black, 401A, Brembo
Sticker showed up 3/29
Date on sticker upper left 0411
Getting closer.
Old 3/31/11, 03:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GTC
For what it's worth....
Ordered Jan14, GT Premium, Black, 401A, Brembo
Sticker showed up 3/29
Date on sticker upper left 0411
Getting closer.
Makes me think I'm pushed back till 0418

Old 3/31/11, 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Makes me think I'm pushed back till 0418

I just got a report from my dealer. Car was sent to plant-in production as of today. It doesn't show a production date but it show an ETA of 4/22. I'm sure I'm still 4/14. Still no window sticker. I might try to find another VIN from another car and try to see it it works.....stand by.....

Ok I tried anothe VIN (sorry Hawk, it was yours) and the sticker does show up.

Last edited by Stang-Par; 3/31/11 at 04:59 PM.
Old 3/31/11, 04:22 PM

My window sticker just showed up today! http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...bp8am5c5214765

Does the date on the bottom mean anything?
Old 3/31/11, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call and let us know
I didn't get a chance to call yesterday, called today and they closed at 6PM Eastern Time Guess I'll try again tomorrow...
Old 3/31/11, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par

I just got a report from my dealer. Car was sent to plant-in production as of today. It doesn't show a production date but it show an ETA of 4/22. I'm sure I'm still 4/14. Still no window sticker. I might try to find another VIN from another car and try to see it it works.....stand by.....

Ok I tried anothe VIN (sorry Hawk, it was yours) and the sticker does show up.
Hopefully that is how mine is too

Old 3/31/11, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Hopefully that is how mine is too

Fingers crossed Sir!
Old 3/31/11, 08:26 PM

My sticker hasn't shown up either, but called FCS today and they told me my build week is March 28th - April 4, with delivery the week of the 11th, all of which coincides with what the dealer has told me. So there might be some truth to window stickers being pulled/removed.

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition