2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/11, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do they go by date ordered first? a Feb order would never start until all Jan orders are completed?..i'm getting tired of carpooling!
Old 3/16/11, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

unfortunately it seems random as there are numerous people who ordered in february that have gotten build dates/vin numbers. I ordered first week of january and still nothing (though my dealer said my order SHOULD get pulled this week)
Old 3/16/11, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by knightrdrx
Do they go by date ordered first? a Feb order would never start until all Jan orders are completed?..i'm getting tired of carpooling!
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
unfortunately it seems random as there are numerous people who ordered in february that have gotten build dates/vin numbers. I ordered first week of january and still nothing (though my dealer said my order SHOULD get pulled this week)
Orders are being pulled. I think the main factor now is whether you dealer has allocation. If they don't have allocation they won't get scheduled. The other hold up could be GT Vs v6 Vs convertible. Might also depend on parts issues.
Old 3/17/11, 11:36 AM
V6 Member

salesmanager wouldn't give me a dora..said it doesn't come til order is pulled
i don't have any confirmation the order was placed and for what. my deposit receipt doesn't show the options listed. just the total price. I feel I should have a confirmation with one of those priority codes.
Old 3/17/11, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

i don't have any confirmation the order was placed and for what. my deposit receipt doesn't show the options listed. just the total price. I feel I should have a confirmation with one of those priority codes....all i got just now is a vehicle order confirmation page which i signed that
Old 3/17/11, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Still nothing
Old 3/17/11, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by knightrdrx
i don't have any confirmation the order was placed and for what. my deposit receipt doesn't show the options listed. just the total price. I feel I should have a confirmation with one of those priority codes....all i got just now is a vehicle order confirmation page which i signed that
The DORA is given a day or two after they put the order in. It does not come when the order is pulled. That is BS. If you do not get either the VOC or the DORA, it could mean that they did not order it. If you can just get one of the two, Deysha can at least confirm that the order is in the system, even if it is not pulled yet. If your dealer does not want to give you either, I would worry.
Old 3/17/11, 08:34 PM
V6 Member

i got the voc i had that printed out before i even agreed on the price..just got a copy of it now that i asked..didn't see deysha on the memberlist but i'll check again..ok..found her..

Last edited by knightrdrx; 3/17/11 at 08:48 PM. Reason: .
Old 3/17/11, 10:50 PM

I have an ETA! 4/16. Later than I was hoping for, but better than I feared with the plant shut down last week. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out for all of us!!
Old 3/18/11, 10:15 AM
GT Member

GOT MY V.I.N. !!! Can't wait until it shows up with the link to the window sticker maker... Wonder how long that will take, but I've got myself a V.I.N.

Last edited by GT100e; 3/18/11 at 10:16 AM.
Old 3/18/11, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! My understand is the window sticker becomes viewable around a week before the build date. When is your build day?
Old 3/18/11, 11:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
Congrats! My understand is the window sticker becomes viewable around a week before the build date. When is your build day?
Just received the v.i.n. no build date for now...
Old 3/18/11, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

Response from Deysha. Car was ordered 2/23. Due to delays..no progress. Interesting..
We placed our order at the dealership on 2/7. All this time I thought it was submitted on the 7th. So we went to see the manager. He showed us our file had nothing more in it and said they couldn't submit the order right away because ford wouldn't take it due to allocation. I'm disappointed and glad I checked on this. I guess we should have gone to a bigger dealership. I feel like the day it was ordered was the around the same day we went there to look at the 2012 they got in stock and he called us over to his desk to give us an update. He should have told us of the delay.
Now we may not get our car til May.
Old 3/18/11, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Our order is unscheduled clean an looks like it's going to be about May. I noticed on the pricing sheet that shows the MSRP and invoice pricing along with a/z plan, d plan and x plan pricing, a $498 ADV Assessment. My dealer said Ford charges this to the dealer for every car they sell. Anyone else see this? I know I remember seeing someone post a copy of the same sheet, but I can't find it. It was listed with the $850 destination, the $45 fuel, and $498 ADV assessment.
Old 3/19/11, 06:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Talked to dealer on Wed,said my order would be pulled next week,,dealer still anticipates an April Delivery,,I hope!
Old 3/19/11, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

"order would be pulled next week"...

"unscheduled clean"...

I'm a new slob and don't understand what these phrases mean.

Didn't read the entire thread, just last few pages.

Placed order yesterday for a Kona Blue GT Premium Coupe fully loaded.

Hoping to have car in 3 months, but reading some of your posts have got a bit discouraged.
Old 3/19/11, 06:42 PM

YEA!!!! I PICK MINE UP FROM THE DEALER MONDAY!!
My heart goes out to all of you still waiting. I ordered it on Dec 16 TH.
To the guy in Fl. that ordered the Boss 302 in Chesterfield, MI yours is here Too!
YEA!
Old 3/19/11, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by dafreeze
"order would be pulled next week"...

"unscheduled clean"...

I'm a new slob and don't understand what these phrases mean.

Didn't read the entire thread, just last few pages.

Placed order yesterday for a Kona Blue GT Premium Coupe fully loaded.

Hoping to have car in 3 months, but reading some of your posts have got a bit discouraged.
Don't be discouraged, we had to go through the launch stage, a down week or 2 for parts shortage, a down week for the part shortage from the plant that caught fire in Howell. Now it looks like it's business as usual. The only real hold up was the Boss 302's and the V-6's. Dealers got 5.0 a few weeks ago. Good luck
Old 3/19/11, 07:51 PM

Got my VIN# 14062

ordered 14DEC2010 and my schedule date is week of 4/4 and dealer ETA is week of 4/11

I cant wait. but have to......
Old 3/19/11, 08:42 PM
V6 Member

I paid all that too..I knew ahead of time what it all would cost and made a spreadsheet. The manager looked at it and said..ok..i'll do your price. (it's $120 over invoice which equates to a 5% profit with the holdback)
with that advertising fee i certainly will be yanking the dealer plate frames off.

a $498 ADV Assessment. My dealer said Ford charges this to the dealer for every car they sell. Anyone else see this? I know I remember seeing someone post a copy of the same sheet, but I can't find it. It was listed with the $850 destination, the $45 fuel, and $498 ADV assessment.[/quote]

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition