Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/11, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I do want to remind you to contact the Ford Marketing Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375 for more info about your available incentives.
Would they say anything different form what is listed on the Incentives & Offers website?
Old 3/30/11, 09:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80

Would they say anything different form what is listed on the Incentives & Offers website?
Call and let us know

Sent from my Droid via iPhone using TMS Forum
Old 3/30/11, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thank you for your patience guys. There have been some supplier issues that are holding up your Bosses. This is why dates have been moved. I do want to remind you to contact the Ford Marketing Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375 for more info about your available incentives.

Deysha
Hi Deysha,

Is that part shortage also holding up the GTs?
Old 3/30/11, 10:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par

Hi Deysha,

Is that part shortage also holding up the GTs?
My guess is it's due to the 5.0 notice the v6 has a window sticker

Old 3/30/11, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Call and let us know
Will do when I get out of class tonight!
Old 3/30/11, 10:45 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
CAN I JUST GET A BUILD WEEK!
I'd like to at least get a VIN. I ordered my 1Q Boss last November.
Old 3/30/11, 10:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Will do when I get out of class tonight!
Take your phone to the bathroom and try

Old 3/30/11, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Take your phone to the bathroom and try
Haha I might get a chance between class and lab. Ill try! As long as my phone doesn't die from reading these forums in class (EDIT: Don't worry, just a bogus college elective class they make you take)

Last edited by mtnbikefuel80; 3/30/11 at 11:00 AM.
Old 3/30/11, 11:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Haha I might get a chance between class and lab. Ill try! As long as my phone doesn't die from reading these forums in class (EDIT: Don't worry, just a bogus college elective class they make you take)
Lol nice

Old 3/30/11, 12:42 PM
Bullitt Member

My guess is it's due to the 5.0 notice the v6 has a window sticker

Good point
Old 3/30/11, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

w/ all the delays on the GTS AND Bosses. You'd think i'd get my premium faster...
Old 3/30/11, 03:15 PM

Just wanted to post in here and subscribe to this thread. Our order is in my signature.

I talked to my dealer yesterday asking about their allocation. The dealer is Groove Ford here in Denver, CO. My sales guy said they were the third largest car dealer in the nation, and that all their special orders never took longer than six weeks.

My sales guy could not give me allocation numbers, but said he would be able to check with the Inventory Manager and get us more info on allocation and order updates by tomorrow (3/31). We'll see.

Order was placed on 3/14. I have confirmed Ford has it in their system. No VIN and no build date, but really hoping we have one before the week is over.

Anyway, nice to see everyone here, and hopefully our orders will keep moving along. The nice weather is coming, and we need our rides!
Old 3/30/11, 04:10 PM

Yay! Got an email from the salesman today and said that my stang is rolling down the production line!!!! Checked the window sticker and it is up there as well! Estimated arrival is about two weeks or so. Has anyone heard of any delays with the rail transport system? Just wondering. And for some of the newcomers, I put my order in the 7th of january, and didnt really hear anything until the middle of march...My condolences to anyone who has been waiting longer, i know some people ordered in late 2010 and they dont have anything yet. Mine is a v6 premium in lava red with saddle, mca package, so i have no idea whats happening with the Coyote's. And for the people who say "you coulda had a v8," have a 93 teal cobra 5.0 so im already set, would rather have the v6 Peace
Old 3/30/11, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GT100e
Avantage Ford in Île Perrot on Don Quichotte street, it is very close by...
Funny enough, i was there today for work. I'm from Laval. Nice meeting you.
Old 3/30/11, 04:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I'd like to at least get a VIN. I ordered my 1Q Boss last November.
Is Paul aware of anything ! That's a long wait for a VIN, i taught you already had that beast garaged somewhere.
Old 3/30/11, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

To all of you guys that have been waiting since the end of 2010.. Are you sure your ordering dealer had allocation at that time?? I odn't even think you coule truly "order" a 2012 at that point. the dealer I ordered mine from
received his allocation about a week prior to me placing my order. (march 14th.) He had thought the order bank had been open for about 4-6 weeks prior to him getting allocation. I had also talked to another dealer (larger) and he had just received allocation for three mustangs. If the dealer has no allocation the order can sit in the order bank forever and it won't be picked up. I just hope that these dealers weren't talking you up to get a unit sold and then banking on getting said allocation to fill your order??
Old 3/30/11, 10:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
To all of you guys that have been waiting since the end of 2010.. Are you sure your ordering dealer had allocation at that time?? I odn't even think you coule truly "order" a 2012 at that point. the dealer I ordered mine from
received his allocation about a week prior to me placing my order. (march 14th.) He had thought the order bank had been open for about 4-6 weeks prior to him getting allocation. I had also talked to another dealer (larger) and he had just received allocation for three mustangs. If the dealer has no allocation the order can sit in the order bank forever and it won't be picked up. I just hope that these dealers weren't talking you up to get a unit sold and then banking on getting said allocation to fill your order??
The order bank opened in November 2010. From that time, all you could order is 2012s, not 2011s. Production was supposed to start January 17th/18th. While I am sure that allocation might have played some role in this order taking so long, most of it really was Ford's fault. Had Ford built my car in January or February, like I feel that they should have, then I would have a car by now. What is frustrating is that they did not schedule any but a very few retail orders before mine was pulled. Mine is, last I heard, supposed to be built 4/4, so while my dealer might not be all that honest, they really were not responsible for this. It was Ford's fault, and Ford better get better at this if anyone ever does make a car that can truly challenge the Mustang for price/performance.
Old 3/31/11, 04:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
The order bank opened in November 2010. From that time, all you could order is 2012s, not 2011s. Production was supposed to start January 17th/18th. While I am sure that allocation might have played some role in this order taking so long, most of it really was Ford's fault. Had Ford built my car in January or February, like I feel that they should have, then I would have a car by now. What is frustrating is that they did not schedule any but a very few retail orders before mine was pulled. Mine is, last I heard, supposed to be built 4/4, so while my dealer might not be all that honest, they really were not responsible for this. It was Ford's fault, and Ford better get better at this if anyone ever does make a car that can truly challenge the Mustang for price/performance.
Just as a check, see if your window sticker has come up yet. If you are still on schedule I think you should be able to see it by now. A couple of guys have build dates of April 10 (don't see how that's possible-it's a Sunday) and they can view their stickers already.

If not, then I would get suspicious that maybe the date got bumped back again and a note to CS might be in order.

From what I'm hearing it's another 5.0 engine shortage (its those trucks again!)
Old 3/31/11, 07:52 AM

According to Ford customer service my car is on the production line right now! \o/
Old 3/31/11, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Perhaps is giving the F150s priority on the engines for now while the paint is still flowing,,then switch back to the stang when they are low on the paint (affected by plant in Japan)???

Quick Reply: VIN, Build, Delivered: The 2012 Edition