2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ordering TWO 2013 Mustangs. Am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/12, 11:37 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now you're talking and thinking sensibly!!! Ford Focus (nothing fancy) and the GT/premium MT with all the options you want. The way you say you don't even drive a Manual trans, but are willing to learn I don't know if I would get the trac pack. You are never going to get on the track I would think from you bio. Get the Brembo package with the 19 inches and brembo brakes in the front. It looks sharp, but I have read on the forums also that some folks think the suspension is a little to stiff on this package. I went with the optional 19 inch wheels for the premium package offering. Now I want 10 inch wheels in the rear for a staggerd look. Never satisfied.
Like the man said though, I would-not get the BLACK if you don't want to constantly and I mean constantly worry about scratches, swirl marks and the car looking filthy a few hours after you just spent hours cleaning and polishing. HIGH maintenance color for sure. I just got the '13 GT/premium in BLACK and a beautiful as it looks (When Clean) am sorry I didn't choose a different color. I already have thin scratches and swirl marks and a nice deep scratch on the front fender (no idea) where I went to Ford and picked up touch up paint at only 3 months old. The scratch has been there for two months already. Figure it out. I should have got the Sterling grey or silver, my other choices. I gave the color long and agonizing thought before I went with the black (wrong move).
Good Luck with what ever you decide to do and I can't wait to see the photos.
OH BY THE WAY, I have the new optional Shaker PRO Audio and I absolutely LOVE, LOVE this stereo. The clarity and bass are awesome. Worth every dime. If you loved your Shaker 1000, this one is like studio.

Last edited by Greg3; 8/24/12 at 11:43 AM.
Old 8/24/12, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Greg3
BLACK and a beautiful as it looks (When Clean) am sorry I didn't choose a different color.
Blasphemy.
Old 8/25/12, 12:24 AM
Banned

Brembo suspension is far from stiff.
Old 8/25/12, 07:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't consider the track package suspension stiff either. For the price difference between the Brembo brake package and track package...I chose the track package
Old 8/25/12, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I don't consider the track package suspension stiff either
That's what the aftermarket is for.
Old 8/25/12, 07:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BackinBlack13
That's what the aftermarket is for.
Agreed, just people keep commenting its a stiff ride when its not.
Old 8/25/12, 08:18 AM
Banned

Damping is spot on, but actual spring rates are still kinda soft. My K springs should remedy that.
Old 8/25/12, 10:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Damping is spot on, but actual spring rates are still kinda soft. My K springs should remedy that.
Springs alone will give it a somewhat underdamped feel, especially on the highway. You'll want to change shocks and struts eventually.

Brembo and track pack suspensions are the same. You just get the other goodies with the TP, along with the 5w-50 engine calibration.
Old 8/26/12, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SeattleStang
Ok, so this is going to be my introduction post plus a pretty thorough description of what I plan to get and if I'm just a little crazy

So in the summer of 2005, I ordered my first Mustang. This was the first year of the new retro body style and the 300 HP 4.6 V8. This was like the hottest car of that year, and I got one of the first in Seattle, I ordered the GT Premium in Redfire with the concept wheels, Shaker 1000, every option including (unfortunately) Automatic. This car became the love of my life, and I learned to drive that Mustang like I stole it. I had never even owned a rear wheel drive car let alone a V8 muscle RWD car. I whipped it around corners, I gunned the V8, I basically drove it and still drive it with a passion I've never had for any other car. I am apparently someone designed for the Mustang or a similar type car and I had no idea, because I drove that thing like people drove muscle cars in 70s movies . Anyway, getting to my point, the one purchase in my life in which I had COMPLETE 100% satisfaction, and have for 7 years now. I still get a smile on my face when I drive it today.

That's my background. Now let's get to me today. I saw the 2013 Mustang and after years and years of loving my car, I finally decided it was time for a new one. I have to admit I was totally intrigued when they reintroduced the 5.0 in 2011, because hey a new motor with more HP is a great thing, but nothing motivated me to want to actually jump back into the game than this 2013. I love the LEDs, I love the new front and back, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new track package with the Brembos, Torsen, etc. I'm also a lot more advanced in my career after 7 years and can basically choose any Mustang, so I was trying to decide. The only one thing I know is I have to get a stick, and I have to learn how to drive a stick. I can't be the one anymore who owns a GT that's an automatic Now that's all well and good, I am determined and I will learn. If I set my mind to something, I will do it, that's just me.

Now I started out thinking about the Boss, then I thought about the Shelby. I am inclined to somewhat of a cheapness and practicality streak, just one of my inherent flaws. I couldn't justify the Shelby, and I decided that I couldn't live with the Boss's interior as I want all of the options I can get. Now luckily, they vastly improved the GT since I bought mine in 2005. So I figure the combination of 420 horsepower, a new stick shift, and the track pack will put someone like me in such a whole new league of Mustang, so close to the Boss, etc that I won't really need to get a Boss or Shelby yet in my life. Start with an attainable goal I say. Well it helps that I qualify for X-Plan through work so I can get the GT for easy discount, but not the Boss or the Shelby. So my option 1 was decided:

First Mustang:
1) 2013 Mustang GT Premium
2) 6 speed
3) Race Red exterior
4) Charcoal with cashmere 401 interior
5) track pack
6) comfort package
7) Shaker Pro (solely because I loved my Shaker 1000 SO MUCH)
And that's it. No other options, none that I liked. I think the tech package is drastically overpriced for a large GPS and I don't need that in a muscle car.

So what do you guys think of my primary Mustang choice so far based on my history? I have to learn to drive a stick, but I think it's as solid as a primary choice as I can make.

So now this left me with another question. I always have two cars, a fun sports car which I put very few miles on, and then a more commuter mainstream car. I've gone over this in my head about 1000 times but I think I've totally decided that I want to trade away all of my cars, and get a second Mustang as well. Now you can tell me if I'm crazy. First of all, I don't want to commute with a stick I'm just learning how to drive, and rack up miles on my 2013 GT. And the more I thought about it, the more I convinced myself that I'd somehow love a convertible, and since I already have the GT, I could get a 2013 V6 Premium Convertible Mustang Automatic. Sounds a bit crazy at first I know, but with X-Plan, both cars would would run around $65,000 total for two cars, and my trades will net me about $15K, and I have another 5K in cash, so I'm looking to finance about $45K. Now my reasonable side inside me is a little shocked by my decision. But I figure there are a ton of snobs at work who drop 50-70K every day on some Audi, etc, when I could spend this amount, justify it in in my head, and have the fastest car at work, and then a Convertible which I've always wanted but never had as a commuter. I think it's a good decision.

Second Mustang:
1) 2013 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
2) Automatic
3) Black Exterior
4) Black Roof Color
5) Saddle Leather Interior
6) 201A (V6 Exterior Appearance Package)
7) Tape Stripe Delete (201A comes with a tape
stripe unless this option is also added removing it, want it clean and black)
- Comfort Package (So I get the heated seats on the convertible)

So I like this option a lot, a clean black Mustang convertible with an awesome Saddle Premium leather interior.

So am I crazy or is this a good path to go down?? Thanks so much!
For those of who struggle to buy one Mustang, one word. Seriously?
Old 8/26/12, 11:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by driftboatbum
For those of who struggle to buy one Mustang, one word. Seriously?
lol...
Old 8/26/12, 11:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Agreed, just people keep commenting its a stiff ride when its not.
Perhaps it's stiff compared to what they're used to? Stiff is an adjective, not a grade.
Old 8/27/12, 01:07 AM

I say get the car you really want and get a hoopty for your dd. Get a convertible hoopty if you want