Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ordering TWO 2013 Mustangs. Am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeattleStang
Ok guys, a little update. I am actually the person who listens to all of the advice I get on here. I wanted to thank you for all of the input. I read every single comment, and since I was mulling back and forth in my head anyway, your comments got me thinking at whole new crazy over analytical levels. But I must say THANK YOU.

So where am I at now? Well most of your comments did steer me to one basic direction. Get a better Mustang than the GT, and get something cheaper as a DD. Now the degrees of this are what have to make sense to me in my economical over analytical mind So I thought about the Shelby and I ruled it out, because I can't get the Shelby and then get any real daily driver. BUT I can get a Boss Where to find a boss and not get ripped off, that was the question. Hard to come by, can't get X-Plan. But I negotiated a race red Boss 302 at MSRP with the Recaro torsen package! It;'s RACE RED!! Which I love!

Someone tell me I should do this, I need the push! I'll get some cheap Focus S automatic as my commuter car. Ok what am I regretting and what's the final hang up? God I will miss the leather seats, the Shaker 1000, but I can live with that. Because the one unmistakable thing I loved about my 05 Mustang above everything else was that rear end kicking out RWD powering through turns, and hearing the V8. And every review I have ever seen on the Boss says it does that in spades. And that in many ways it's better than the Shelby in those respects.
Admittedly I am biased, but I can honestly say you will not regret getting the Boss. I was in a similar situation a few weeks back. I was debating between getting a fully loaded GT or a Boss. I ended up getting a deal on the Boss for $2k plus under MSRP so I went that route.

Race Red is the fastest Boss too. Do it.
Name:  e628abf3.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  155.7 KB
Old 8/13/12, 08:48 PM
V6 Member

Decisions

If it was my money (and I wish it was ), I would do the Boss and Focus option. So, that has my vote - do it!

I respect the Shelby, but if I had the means to get a Shelby, I would still get a Boss. So, to me, the Boss would be the definite.

However, while the Focus ST is an awesome option, I personally would also check out a WRX and/or a Nissan Xterra (or whatever SUV of your choosing) before making a decision on my second vehicle.

Good luck!
Old 8/13/12, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

good luck on your decision, I like the boss but I to love the leather so if I went with Recardo's they would have to be leather + if I was spending the money also get the Shaker you want.. I have seen on here where guys we sad they did not get what the wanted.
Old 8/13/12, 10:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok guys, a little update. I am actually the person who listens to all of the advice I get on here. I wanted to thank you for all of the input. I read every single comment, and since I was mulling back and forth in my head anyway, your comments got me thinking at whole new crazy over analytical levels. But I must say THANK YOU.

So where am I at now? Well most of your comments did steer me to one basic direction. Get a better Mustang than the GT, and get something cheaper as a DD. Now the degrees of this are what have to make sense to me in my economical over analytical mind So I thought about the Shelby and I ruled it out, because I can't get the Shelby and then get any real daily driver. BUT I can get a Boss Where to find a boss and not get ripped off, that was the question. Hard to come by, can't get X-Plan. But I negotiated a race red Boss 302 at MSRP with the Recaro torsen package! It;'s RACE RED!! Which I love!

Someone tell me I should do this, I need the push! I'll get some cheap Focus S automatic as my commuter car. Ok what am I regretting and what's the final hang up? God I will miss the leather seats, the Shaker 1000, but I can live with that. Because the one unmistakable thing I loved about my 05 Mustang above everything else was that rear end kicking out RWD powering through turns, and hearing the V8. And every review I have ever seen on the Boss says it does that in spades. And that in many ways it's better than the Shelby in those respects.
Get the Boss 302! Sorry I couldn't get one for you! I trust you worked out fair trade values for the escape, truck, and mustang. You'll have to visit sometime with the Boss...
Old 8/13/12, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Get the Boss 302! Sorry I couldn't get one for you! I trust you worked out fair trade values for the escape, truck, and mustang. You'll have to visit sometime with the Boss...
Brian your professional advice helped me tremendously today and im still considering your dealership for other aspects. I will keep in touch
Old 8/13/12, 11:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Brian your professional advice helped me tremendously today and im still considering your dealership for other aspects. I will keep in touch
So glad I could be of assistance! In between our emails back and forth today, one of my previous customers visited. Late last year, I sold him a new Kona Blue '12 Boss 302 that his wife uses as a daily driver. He wants a School Bus Yellow '13 Boss 302 so they can have his & hers Boss 302's. It was painful to tell both of you that we're sold out. I sure wish Ford would build enough to satisfy demand!
Old 8/14/12, 03:02 PM

Well guys this story has a bad end for the Boss in my life. :-) Also known as my continuing but now ending saga. So since the last time i spoke to you all, i was ecstatic to learn that rebates on the 2013 mustangs has risen from $1000 to $1500!! That along with my $750 coupon puts me now at $2250 rebates on top of my already near invoice xplan price. I also sadly learned that not only do i not qualify for xplan on the boss (which i knew and knew they offered me msrp) but i then come to find out today that the boss doesnt qualify for the 2013 mustang rebates either!! Well that was news to me because i assumed i would pay the 45k msrp for the boss but atleast i would get the increased 1500 rebate in combo with my coupon. I was sadly mistaken and thats what they call the straw that broke the camels back. Get this with my xplan and new rebates i can get my race red gt premium with track pack, comfort pack, 401a interior, shaker pro for 35k after all incentives. Thats as fully loaded a mustang as i need and with the track pack about 90% of a boss. I can no longer justify the 45k for the boss and the increased rebates sealed the deal for me. Gt premium track pack it is and im pleasex as punch finally.
Old 8/14/12, 03:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm with this guy.

Originally Posted by kylerohde
With the 65K figure you listed, here's what I'd order:

2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow
  • Boss 302 Accessory Package
  • Recaro Seats and Helical Differential
$45,465 MSRP

2013 Focus SE in Race Red

• Moonroof
  • Winter Package
$21,555 MSRP

Yeah, I went over a little bit but they'll probably give you a discount.

Or...you could get a loaded Mustang GT and a sweet new Focus ST for your DD with that same amount of money.

Great problem to have man!
Old 8/14/12, 03:12 PM

Boss is just out. The rebates sealed it as i said. Not a chance that i justify that price anymore. Oh and even more positive news is that ill now get my v6 premium convertible for even cheaper. Im saving 10k by not getting the boss which further reinforces my convertible buy. Decision made.
Old 8/14/12, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

As long as you are happy is the main thing.. Are you still doing Black?? Very hard to keep a DD in Black. Love the Grey.. Also DIB.. Of course not everyone loves GTHIG like I do..
Old 8/14/12, 03:23 PM

with 65k go buy an E92 M3..
Old 8/14/12, 03:27 PM

Well it being a V6 convertible i really have no choice but to go black. :-) otherwise it would be even more of a girls car even though ilove the flashier colors.
Old 8/14/12, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by adwal99
with 65k go buy an E92 M3..
Cant stand bmws. End of story. I mean who actually likes that horrible 90s curvey styling they use on every damned bmw? And i cant stand that transmission. But im a lover of american v8s

Last edited by SeattleStang; 8/14/12 at 03:31 PM.
Old 8/14/12, 03:40 PM

just sayin its a better car for the money.. and it comes in a stick not just DCT
Old 8/14/12, 03:43 PM

I wouldn't get two mustangs I Would get me a mustang and a truck
Old 8/14/12, 04:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you thought about a Camaro convertible? Personally I thinks it looks better the Mustang convertible plus is something different than the Mustang GT.
Old 8/14/12, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

If you've already ordered the cars, congratulations. They're both great vehicles that I have no doubt you will love.

BUT if you haven't ordered yet I implore you to search out a deal on the Boss. This EXACT same situation (except for buying the V6 on the side, heh) played out with me a little over three weeks ago. I was getting invoice minus rebates on a fully loaded GT and no one locally would budge off MSRP on a Boss. The disparity between those two prices led me to give up on the Boss and order the GT. Before going to the dealer to order I went on cars.com and called every dealer within 100 miles with a Boss and asked for their best number. I eventually found two willing to go under MSRP. Once you get within $5k or so of the GT price it's worth it IMO.

But if you must get the GT/V6 combo get the vert DD in sterling grey with saddle interior. Ford didn't make that the 2013 launch combo for nothing. Best color combo IMO. Grats on whatever you end up with.

Last edited by Snowman; 8/14/12 at 04:28 PM.
Old 8/14/12, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by blackedout 5.0L
I wouldn't get two mustangs I Would get me a mustang and a truck
That was me too I actually own a 2012 Dodge Ram Sport Truck regular cab with the Hemi, 20 inch wheels, and 4X4. It does 0 to 60 in like 6 seconds which is amazing for a truck that heavy! But I'm trading it in. I realized a convertible is more to my liking as a second option than a truck, which while I love, I feel I don't need.
Old 8/14/12, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snowman
If you've already ordered the cars, congratulations. They're both great vehicles that I have no doubt you will love.

BUT if you haven't ordered yet I implore you to search out a deal on the Boss. This EXACT same situation (except for buying the V6 on the side, heh) played out with me a little over three weeks ago. I was getting invoice minus rebates on a fully loaded GT and no one locally would budge off MSRP on a Boss. The disparity between those two prices led me to give up on the Boss and order the GT. Before going to the dealer to order I went on cars.com and called every dealer within 100 miles with a Boss and asked for their best number. I eventually found two willing to go under MSRP. Once you get within $5k or so of the GT price it's worth it IMO.

But if you must get the GT/V6 combo get the vert DD in sterling grey with saddle interior. Ford didn't make that the 2013 launch combo for nothing. Best color combo IMO. Grats on whatever you end up with.
You know I thought about going around the internet cajoling out of state dealers to get me under MSRP, but I decided it just wasn't worth my time. I mean with the new rebates at $1500 instead of a $1000 and me qualifying for X-Plan before any of the rebates, the GT has just ended up as a better option. I think Ford pretty heavily influenced me by upping the rebates this week, even though it was only $500. But that combined with the fact that I learned I get NO REBATES with the Boss sealed the deal. I'd even go with the Boss at MSRP over the GT at Invoice IF I got the same rebates on the Boss. They won't even give me that. It helps that even before thinking about the Boss as a serious option, I had already ordered my perfect Race Red GT Premium Track Pack. Now with the leather, and the Shaker Pro and the huge price discrepancy, I'm not even going to bother pursuing the Boss. I'm sure I could cut some under MSRP deal if I was inclined to pull some teeth, I'm just not anymore.

PS I am going with Saddle on my Premium Convertible. Love that combo, but saddle will look good with black too, I think.

Last edited by SeattleStang; 8/14/12 at 06:21 PM.
Old 8/14/12, 07:17 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well guys this story has a bad end for the Boss in my life. :-) Also known as my continuing but now ending saga. So since the last time i spoke to you all, i was ecstatic to learn that rebates on the 2013 mustangs has risen from $1000 to $1500!! That along with my $750 coupon puts me now at $2250 rebates on top of my already near invoice xplan price. I also sadly learned that not only do i not qualify for xplan on the boss (which i knew and knew they offered me msrp) but i then come to find out today that the boss doesnt qualify for the 2013 mustang rebates either!! Well that was news to me because i assumed i would pay the 45k msrp for the boss but atleast i would get the increased 1500 rebate in combo with my coupon. I was sadly mistaken and thats what they call the straw that broke the camels back. Get this with my xplan and new rebates i can get my race red gt premium with track pack, comfort pack, 401a interior, shaker pro for 35k after all incentives. Thats as fully loaded a mustang as i need and with the track pack about 90% of a boss. I can no longer justify the 45k for the boss and the increased rebates sealed the deal for me. Gt premium track pack it is and im pleasex as punch finally.
I know - all the rebates don't count, boss is not part of it, blah blah..... honestly >>> I had a SBY boss 302 with all the options I could have wanted, my dream (still my wallpaper at work and at home). The boss is THE BOSS, you pay for it, they don't discount it for a reason. I LOVE my GHIG GT and I have some nice options (I'll mod it to make it better over the years), but I'll always want the SBY boss that was RIGHT in front of me and I wanted so bad...... can't argue with the wife, but honestly, the BOSS - since it is limited to 12/13 is something if I could have swung, I would have purchased. I don't regret my GT, I have so SO much fun with it, but the boss is what I wanted since the 2013's came out..... glad you're happy with the GT, it'll rock!

Quick Reply: Ordering TWO 2013 Mustangs. Am I crazy?