Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ordering TWO 2013 Mustangs. Am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/12, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my opinion...

Keep your current car to drive until you are comfortable with stick, get the GT with manual and add the electronics package...you won't regret it. After a few months you can sell the older GT...

=Vic=
Old 8/13/12, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with the Black comment, Don't make your DD black, But also disagree with the silver comment. Not that there is anything wrong with either color just out done. Just look at the roads these days, Black, White and silver dominate.
Old 8/13/12, 07:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars
I agree with the Black comment, Don't make your DD black, But also disagree with the silver comment. Not that there is anything wrong with either color just out done. Just look at the roads these days, Black, White and silver dominate.
While you're right I rarely see a silver mustang on the road...
Old 8/13/12, 08:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd just go with a 2013 Boss in grabber blue.
Old 8/13/12, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

it's hard to love two mustangs at once, it's like having two girlfriends and then none of them will be special to you.

I'd just get a Boss and then a Subaru or something for daily driving and winter.
Old 8/13/12, 09:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

This... Is... Awesome.... Haha but from the way it sounds like you drive your mustang, you would want the gt everyday. Probably cheaper to have it only, rack up miles, then trade in for whatever you want next.
Old 8/13/12, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
I'd rather have a gt500 and a beater than a gt and a v6.
I have to agree.. No question.. A beater for every day and a GT500 is the ticket.
Old 8/13/12, 09:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by topbliss
I have to agree.. No question.. A beater for every day and a GT500 is the ticket.

the problem with this idea is you would then dread the day to day driving. Umm being I am of a older generation time is precious, The time I spend in any car better be a happy time. Picture your stuck in traffic you going to love spending hours in a POS DD? I myself went from 2 cars (one was a Mustang) to one Mustang as a DD. I plan on getting new rims and mud and snow for the winter. I love the Mustang, the features, the interior, the driving, the handling etc.. I think this is what the OP was referring to to get two Mustangs. Sound idea if you ask me. If you can afford it why not?? Jealous people out there BTW if I could have afforded the extra $$$ for the GT it would have been my DD (v6/v8) made no difference. I may opt for a new GT in a few years and keep my 2013 as the DD.

Last edited by GreenCars; 8/13/12 at 09:29 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 2 cars and which one is designated as the DD depends on the season. I have an SUV which is my DD whenever the weather is crappy and the mustang any other time (as long as there isn't salt or snow on the ground). I would advise to get some type of SUV because it's just so convenient having the cargo room and 4 wheel drive when you need it.

Having 2 mustangs would make it less special, in my opinion.

when I drive the suv for a couple of days and get back in the mustang, it's always such a treat.

Last edited by bones302; 8/13/12 at 10:29 AM.
Old 8/13/12, 11:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bones302
I have 2 cars and which one is designated as the DD depends on the season. I have an SUV which is my DD whenever the weather is crappy and the mustang any other time (as long as there isn't salt or snow on the ground). I would advise to get some type of SUV because it's just so convenient having the cargo room and 4 wheel drive when you need it.

Having 2 mustangs would make it less special, in my opinion.

when I drive the suv for a couple of days and get back in the mustang, it's always such a treat.
agreed
Old 8/13/12, 11:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Get the Glass Roof on the GT - then you won't need a vert! I know, not the same, but you're in Seattle - when can you actually use a convertible there anyways?! Glass Roof you can enjoy all year round, and I agree I doubt you'll want to drive the 6er once you get the new GT. I second the Escape idea. You can keep miles down on both of them. Get the EcoBoost 2.0 and it'll be pretty enjoyable in its own way!
Old 8/13/12, 11:33 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get a 2005-07 ford five hundred AWD limited. They are dirt cheap right now. They get great mpg and own the winter/cold. then you can get any mustang.

I do not always own the snow.. but when I do its in a 2007 ford five hundred limited with blizzaks.
Old 8/13/12, 01:30 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hard to drop the top on the Focus SVT. And, the glass roof in no way compares to the top down with the 'vert.
Old 8/13/12, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I do like the 2 choices you've outlined, if you are going to get 2 of the same model.

Personally, like many others have stated, I'd rather have 2 different vehicles. I had an '07 Charger V6/AWD, and an '02 Miata (5-spd manual). I traded in the Charger for my Mustang, so wound up with 2 sports cars. I've now sold the Miata, and after I build up the budget a bit, will probably get a nice 4x4 Pickup truck!
Old 8/13/12, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

My choice. Full loaded 2013 Mustang GT (no glass roof or shaker 1000) + used WRX hatchback. Save some money to upgrade the GT suspension and exhaust which personally think they are a must on these cars.
Old 8/13/12, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only 2 Mustangs? haha...actually I plan on doing the same, and adding a third car. My v6 I'm turning into a track beast along with all of my exterior modifications which makes it an extreme head turner. I'm going to get a GT used within the next year to fully turn into a dedicated track only car. Which means tearing it up specifically for the track so it won't be a very fun car to drive around. I'm also going to get a third car to be a winter beater and to slow down the miles I'm racking up on my beautiful v6.

My track only car will be automatic. My V6 head turner I want as a stick, and my winter beater? Who cares lol.
Old 8/13/12, 06:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Do a Boss ...and the best 4 snow/ winter tires on 18 inch rims you can find ...and drive it every single day.

Find the best detailer in your area and go see him every 3 months....and enjoy life.

No reason to have 2 of these cars to have one parked. They are so good as a DD you can have your cake nd eat it too, either with the boss or the gt500
Old 8/13/12, 06:13 PM
Banned

you're nuts. lol. I'm doing similar, but the opposite. Had two cars, combining them into one.

Enter 411rwhp 2005 GTO and ???fwhp 2004 New Beetle Convertible.

Combine the good....

Over 400hp - GTO
Convertible - Beetle
Cute - Beetle
Sporty - GTO
Stick - Both
Awesome radio - Beetle
Rear drive - GTO

and what do I get that is all of those in one car?

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible.
Old 8/13/12, 08:11 PM

Ok guys, a little update. I am actually the person who listens to all of the advice I get on here. I wanted to thank you for all of the input. I read every single comment, and since I was mulling back and forth in my head anyway, your comments got me thinking at whole new crazy over analytical levels. But I must say THANK YOU.

So where am I at now? Well most of your comments did steer me to one basic direction. Get a better Mustang than the GT, and get something cheaper as a DD. Now the degrees of this are what have to make sense to me in my economical over analytical mind So I thought about the Shelby and I ruled it out, because I can't get the Shelby and then get any real daily driver. BUT I can get a Boss Where to find a boss and not get ripped off, that was the question. Hard to come by, can't get X-Plan. But I negotiated a race red Boss 302 at MSRP with the Recaro torsen package! It;'s RACE RED!! Which I love!

Someone tell me I should do this, I need the push! I'll get some cheap Focus S automatic as my commuter car. Ok what am I regretting and what's the final hang up? God I will miss the leather seats, the Shaker 1000, but I can live with that. Because the one unmistakable thing I loved about my 05 Mustang above everything else was that rear end kicking out RWD powering through turns, and hearing the V8. And every review I have ever seen on the Boss says it does that in spades. And that in many ways it's better than the Shelby in those respects.
Old 8/13/12, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I think that's also a good idea. The boss is a mean machine. And just like you said its perfect! Race red! As far as a DD I think a focus is a great car. My wife has an '11 and it's sweet. Good features offered, good gas mileage, plus you can get x plan and I'm pretty sure they have some rebates going on now. Probably even more for a labor day sale. Go for the boss! Then scoop up a focus with a sweet rebate.

Quick Reply: Ordering TWO 2013 Mustangs. Am I crazy?