2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/11, 03:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, you are 0-1, I'm 2-0.....both my cars work! Goodnight John....I'm done!

Originally Posted by jmatero

So now you're 0-1.

Last edited by beerbarrel; 8/9/11 at 03:57 PM.
Old 8/9/11, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
I don't believe that so you might want to fess up some proof. Every time you were questioned over at AFM you NEVER provided proof. I'll tell you once more that no I don't think that all the issues are caused by SS but I think some are. And no, I don't know why Ford could have a SS complaint and nobody else does but you might want to look at the other manufacturers forums because complaints abound there.
Now you're 0-2.

I posted:

Every Work Order
Every Repair Invoice
Every communication from Ford
Every contact number for Producers at NBC

All there.

I've ignored trolls like you and took the high road for a long time.

So I'll ask you, yet, AGAIN.... Why is it that out of ALL of those manual transmission performance cars, only 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustang owners are reporting these issues? What is so different about the Mustang and its owners?
Old 8/9/11, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 8/9/11, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
honestly Montreal

I've been quiet and ignored trolls like him for MONTHS now as they spewed lies and did anything they could to discredit owners like me experiencing issues. It's never Ford's fault. It's always user error. Maybe it's this, maybe it's that, I doubt it's xxxx. blah blah blah

They you present logical proof... and they clam up and go into attack mode.

If you want to dish it out... you better be willing to take it and if you are going to post LIES, be prepared to be SERVED.

Notice he never answered the question and bid us "good night".

Last edited by jmatero; 8/9/11 at 04:32 PM.
Old 8/9/11, 04:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
So the NHTSA is looking into 32 cases and not the 5,000 reported on AFM.

I do feel for the people with problems because they've gone from dealing with the morons at Ford to the Idiots at the NHTSA. Remember Toyota...................
Old 8/9/11, 04:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

honestly Montreal

I've been quiet and ignored troll like that for MONTHS now as they spewed lies and did anything they could to discredit owners experiencing issues. It's never Ford's fault. It's always user error. Maybe it's this, maybe it's that.

If you want to dish it out... you better be willing to take it and if you are going to post LIES, be prepared to be SERVED.

Hey John,
Don't take it personnaly, nothing against you or him. I'm just watching this whole NHTSB investigation conversation unfold.
I'm myself experiencing some LIGHT notchiness and grind from time to time and TOO want these issues resolved in a timely manner by FoMoCo.
Let's keep this civil an stop attacking each others and try to keep this thread constructive for the whole Mustang community.
I'm the positive type and think we will see a positive resolution to those that are experiencing these issues.
Old 8/9/11, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
So the NHTSA is looking into 32 cases and not the 5,000 reported on AFM.

I do feel for the people with problems because they've gone from dealing with the morons at Ford to the Idiots at the NHTSA. Remember Toyota...................
The NHTSA responds to consumer complaints filed. To their credit, they investigated the Toyota situation fully and couldn't reproduce the issue in any cars... hence, no recall.

They are also the ones who got VW to recall all DSG vehicles after VW said it was only 13,000 affected... and it turned out to be all of them.

They are also the ones who responded to complaints about BMW fuel pumps leaking and forced a recall of every single car.

All the NHTSA has to go on is reports submitted by owners. Of the 60+ reports, 32 (at the time they started looking a few weeks ago) stated they barely avoided accidents because the transmission would not engage. Those are the owners who's cars they are inspecting. Mine is one of them. Now that the story has aired, the number of complaints has jumped up to 87 I believe. Tomorrow morning, there will be more.

Fortunately, the folks being contacted are posting on a thread at AFM and have all indicated the situation can be easily reproduced in their cars so the Feds should have a clear indication of what's going on. The real work is sifting through Ford's info on how many owners brought their cars to dealers complaining, how many parts were replaced, etc.

Last edited by jmatero; 8/9/11 at 04:41 PM.
Old 8/9/11, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Hey John,
Don't take it personnaly, nothing against you or him. I'm just watching this whole NHTSB investigation conversation unfold.
I'm myself experiencing some LIGHT notchiness and grind from time to time and TOO want these issues resolved in a timely manner by FoMoCo.
Let's keep this civil an stop attacking each others and try to keep this thread constructive for the whole Mustang community.
I'm the positive type and think we will see a positive resolution to those that are experiencing these issues.
I have my fingers crossed! My car will probably be bought back by Ford but boy, I'd love nothing more than for every Mustang owner to experience what I did during the first 1400 miles.... BLISS.
Old 8/9/11, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Glad to hear wind is finally changing direction for you, hope it wasn't to costly ( cough, cough, LAWYERS, cough, cough) for ya' though !
Old 8/9/11, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

and there you have it....you can only call people trolls....You posted a couple repair orders and a letter from ford. Other than that, you have done nothing but provide speculation.

The only comment I made was that some of this could be confusion about skip shift You go into attack mode just like on AFM. I have already answered your question. I'm not defending Ford. As a matter of fact, I'm headed to New Hampshire in the morning to pick up a new Corvette. I'm selling one of my Mustangs. I still like them both and they are great cars. You have continued to argue no matter what I post.
Again, because you cannot understand what I'm saying, I still think that some of the issue is a SS issue. What can you not understand? Are you really that dense? I make one simple post about SS and you can't live with it! BTW, I came over here to get away from you, why don't you just go back to where you came from?

Sorry you got a lemon but move on already....you are not going to change my mind about what I think the transmission issue might be. Go sell you snake water elsewhere...

honestly Montreal

I've been quiet and ignored trolls like him for MONTHS now as they spewed lies and did anything they could to discredit owners like me experiencing issues. It's never Ford's fault. It's always user error. Maybe it's this, maybe it's that, I doubt it's xxxx. blah blah blah

Last edited by beerbarrel; 8/9/11 at 06:16 PM.
Old 8/9/11, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Kinda like he didn't see...or want to see my point.....some drivers put themselves into a near accident position just because they have 412 hp.

Also, merging into traffic on the freeway and if the car stops forward movement, it is not real hard to coast to the shoulder.......

Oh well, I will watch and drive mine till something breaks or I wear it out.
Old 8/9/11, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
and there you have it....you can only call people trolls....You posted a couple repair orders and a letter from ford. Other than that, you have done nothing but provide speculation.

The only comment I made was that some of this could be confusion about skip shift You go into attack mode just like on AFM. I have already answered your question. I'm not defending Ford. As a matter of fact, I'm headed to New Hampshire in the morning to pick up a new Corvette. I'm selling one of my Mustangs. I still like them both and they are great cars. You have continued to argue no matter what I post.
Again, because you cannot understand what I'm saying, I still think that some of the issue is a SS issue. What can you not understand? Are you really that dense? I make one simple post about SS and you can't live with it! BTW, I came over here to get away from you, why don't you just go back to where you came from?

Sorry you got a lemon but move on already....you are not going to change my mind about what I think the transmission issue might be. Go sell you snake water elsewhere...
Good luck with the Corvette! Bet you got a good deal!!!
Old 8/9/11, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Kinda like he didn't see...or want to see my point.....some drivers put themselves into a near accident position just because they have 412 hp.

Also, merging into traffic on the freeway and if the car stops forward movement, it is not real hard to coast to the shoulder.......

Oh well, I will watch and drive mine till something breaks or I wear it out.
I fully understand your point. Are you suggesting that flooring it to get onto a freeway when there's an opening is not the way to go? Again, the complaints to the Feds that triggered an investigation were those that stated they were unable to shift out of neutral... they effectively stalled... which is what the NHTSA is telling owners as well. They're investigating this as a stall problem.
Old 8/9/11, 07:25 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you guys want to keep bickering back and forth use the PM feature.
Old 8/9/11, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
If you guys want to keep bickering back and forth use the PM feature.
^^This, you would think they was married!
Old 8/10/11, 01:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

beerbarel, you are now busted.

The cat is out of the bag my friend.
Old 8/10/11, 03:42 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
For the ones who are experiencing this problem: What gears is the grinding and locking out happening?
Old 8/10/11, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Now you're 0-2.

I posted:

Every Work Order
Every Repair Invoice
Every communication from Ford
Every contact number for Producers at NBC

All there.

I've ignored trolls like you and took the high road for a long time.

So I'll ask you, yet, AGAIN.... Why is it that out of ALL of those manual transmission performance cars, only 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustang owners are reporting these issues? What is so different about the Mustang and its owners?
I just want to say, on every car I have owned with skip shift people complain about lockouts. Back to my 2001 Z28 people claimed it was a saftey hazard and gave the same examples about intersections. Every car with skip shift has a method to disable it for this reason. Camaro, Corvette, Mustang, it does not matter. Clearly some of the issues are not related to skip shift but some definitely are.
Old 8/10/11, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I can't wait to see if anything comes out of this...
Old 8/10/11, 08:28 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Just FYI. The 01 camaro, vette, cobra, viper all ran the same T56. All had the skip shift solenoid.

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems