2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/11, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flagstang
now its time to do your part and go the bbb or get a auto lawyer. Thats it.. no more this or that just do one or both of those and handle business.
Agreed. I would not hesitate. - it looks like you documented enough.
Old 10/3/11, 01:54 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wish you luck and would urge you to start a case with the bbb and a lawyer.
Old 10/3/11, 03:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I wish you luck and would urge you to start a case with the bbb and a lawyer.
This. Though I would start with the BBB first. That may be all it takes. No reason to needlessly spend money if you don't have to.
Old 10/3/11, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jlmounce
This. Though I would start with the BBB first. That may be all it takes. No reason to needlessly spend money if you don't have to.
Depending on which state, this may cost him nothing.
Old 10/3/11, 08:26 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Cbaty08
I'm giving them one more chance; car will be dropped off tonight, test driven with the service manager, and left for him to work on it with the FSE or whoever he needs to communicate with.

If I am told to kick rocks, BBB it is. Thanks, those of you who are not slandering me, for your support. It really helps folks like me who have a daily knot in their stomach because they are spending an arm and a leg for a car that just stresses them.
I really do not think you have been slandered or even really called on anything.

If you really think you are being treated so badly then move to the next level. It sounds like you have tryed and now its bbb or layer time. I am just trying to help.

FYI 99% of auto lawyers are free. They only get paid if they win the case and if they dont they eat the costs. If they win the auto maker pays the bill.
Old 10/3/11, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The BBB is a way to go. I used them last year, and it worked like a champ. However, if you are going to file against Ford, don't do it in your home town. Go online and look for the BBB servicing Ford corporate, which is the city the headquarters is in. I did this with the company I had a problem with, and I think that is why I received almost immediate satisfaction. I was able to fill all the forms out on line and received a reply, from the BBB, the same day. Good luck with this. A lot of us have been there and done that with cars in the past, so we do know how you feel.
Old 10/4/11, 06:52 AM
GTR Member

I went over to AFM today, opened their MT82 thread, and was immediately greeted by JM posting links to Jalopnik's articles referencing the MT82 issues. After pulling them up, I realize that the most recent one is from August. Once again, grasping at things a little too much, I continue to question his credibility on the matter. I saw several of you posting over there, and then I also noticed how many other members over there jumped you for not posting "relevant" information or issues.

I'll be the first to say, I'm glad this forum hasn't disintegrated into what that AFM thread has.
Old 10/4/11, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'll be the first to say, I'm glad this forum hasn't disintegrated into what that AFM thread has.
Thats why I'm just here - Before I signed anywhere, I did a little digging and it feels like TMS is... like a big family support group. The advice and support given and taken here is invaluable.
Old 10/4/11, 09:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kinyodas
Thats why I'm just here - Before I signed anywhere, I did a little digging and it feels like TMS is... like a big family support group. The advice and support given and taken here is invaluable.
Agree with these guys...much better environment here...although the traffic is much less. I guess whiners produce more traffic.
Old 10/4/11, 05:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

I went over to AFM today, opened their MT82 thread, and was immediately greeted by JM posting links to Jalopnik's articles referencing the MT82 issues. After pulling them up, I realize that the most recent one is from August. Once again, grasping at things a little too much, I continue to question his credibility on the matter. I saw several of you posting over there, and then I also noticed how many other members over there jumped you for not posting "relevant" information or issues.

I'm there as well, but under a different username, so i keep a low profile as not to be recognised. Don't have that many posts, maybe 50, not even sure. I just lurk mostly as i don't have much interest posting anyways.
Old 10/4/11, 05:57 PM

Same here, I do a LOT more reading than posting. AFM is ONLY interested in hit counts. There are a lot better things to do in this world than worry about the king whiner or a transmission......like take the Mustang on a road trip this weekend!!!!!!!
Old 10/4/11, 08:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
I'm there as well, but under a different username, so i keep a low profile as not to be recognised. Don't have that many posts, maybe 50, not even sure. I just lurk mostly as i don't have much interest posting anyways.
ha ha. no secret who I am. It has its +'s and -'s :-)
Old 10/4/11, 08:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinyodas

That is the kind of environment that we work hard to maintain and as a mod here, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it will remain that way; drama and BS not allowed.
Old 10/4/11, 08:11 PM
GT Member

A few of us get gangbanged over there quite a bit. I suppose my life is too good and I subconsciously need the drama queen stuff they provide to offset my guilt of having a fun car.
Old 10/4/11, 08:13 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Wow. If I got gangbanged I'd be crying in the shower while I was loading bullets.
Old 10/4/11, 08:23 PM
GT Member

And he pulled the 'ol "blah, blah According to the NHTSA....blah, blah, 3400 MT82's have the issue... blah blah today again.

I feel sorry for the people he is doing a diservice to that will wait for something that will not come as apposed to "self-help".

Of the 170 supposed NHTSA posts, it's amazing how many of them include "semi bearing down on me"..."or "shifting up".... He needs to come up with different verbiage when he is coaching or submitting these things. If people would learn to rev match on downshift, and figure out the 1-4 skip shift it would solve a large % of the supposed issues. Kicking a horse, I know.
Old 10/4/11, 08:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tom281
That is the kind of environment that we work hard to maintain and as a mod here, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it will remain that way; drama and BS not allowed.
I'm suprised I haven't been given warnings on this forum. I post in exactly the same manner. What is the fundamental difference? I'm relatively new to both sites (1 year or so as it's my first Mustang) and I'm still trying to feel it out. Seems like it is only MT82 things over there I get "points" on.
Old 10/4/11, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JerseyGT
The most interesting man in the world says....
ROTFALMAO...love it.
Old 10/4/11, 09:24 PM

Jmatero has stop posting in most Mustang forums now. He only trolls AFM with his many user names. Even he is sick and tired of this whining. I don't go to AFM much as he and his boyfriends still running their mouth. They turn EVERYTHING into Mt82 sucks. It gets old months ago.
Old 10/5/11, 03:42 AM
V6 Member

AFM a joke not much info there. Reading reports from NHTSA has turned funny it's almost copy/paste I'm sure NHTSA is seeing this too

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems