Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/10, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
At least with the railcar number you can track it on its journey!

I tracked mine all the way to Jessup, MD last Thursday... where it is sitting. Again, just sitting. It's good to see Ford shipping the cars but they're STILL not quite getting to the dealers. 3 days by train to cover 4 states and then 4 more days to sit in a parking lot less than 50 miles away. I even offered to go get it.
Good to know that hope is still over the horizon and not yet in sight! I can't find my sunglasses. It missed my birthday (yesterday), so as long as I don't have to drive out to Jeff (90 min each way) on my WIFE'S birthday (next thursday), it'll be OK...
Old 6/23/10, 05:25 PM

Maybe positive?

Got this email from Ford Customer Care today. Finally, a different one but a very positive one.

Thank you for your patience as we launch the best Mustang ever.

As with all new product launches, we make every effort to ensure the highest quality of our vehicles. With summer sales ramping up, there have been questions regarding the status of 2011 model year Ford Mustang orders, particularly retail units.

As of today, Ford is currently building and shipping all 2011 Mustangs - V6, GT and GT500. In addition, all currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) for shipping from the assembly plant by the end of June.

I sincerely apologize for the delay and we promise it will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,
Julie
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Old 6/28/10, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Update!

Spoke to ford corporate today.

expressed my aggravation with them..

as of last update my car is in "transit" and last update was in bellvue,OH. june 27th..
no further updates.

the person i spoke with on the phone escalated to their supervisor who assured me i would be getting a call back within 48 hours, that this matter is getting expedited and the car should be to the dealer ASAP.

i advised its monday. supposedly the car is in Oh, or closer to Ct.. their should be NO REASON they cant get this car to Ct in 4 days from there. i told them i don't want this car sitting in a offload ramp for 3 days waiting for a car carrier to drop ship it to the dealer.. they said they will work with all zone reps to get this car to me as quickly as possible..

are they blowing smoke? we will see..
Old 6/28/10, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude. Your car has shipped and is in Ohio. It was last updated yesterday. WTF are you complaining about? I can't even believe they'd seriously "escalate" an issue for a car that's already shipped.

Maybe I need to ***** more (to Ford and not on message boards) and that'll get my car moving from offsite.
Old 6/28/10, 05:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

They "escalated" my issue over two weeks ago and I never have received the "call within five days".
Old 6/28/10, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Dude. Your car has shipped and is in Ohio. It was last updated yesterday. WTF are you complaining about? I can't even believe they'd seriously "escalate" an issue for a car that's already shipped.

Maybe I need to ***** more (to Ford and not on message boards) and that'll get my car moving from offsite.
joker.. you been waiting what ..slightly over 1 month since placing your order? please stop. YOU have nothing to complain about. here is a news flash for you.. typical custom order time for a car is 6-12 weeks. just some FYI.. your car was VINed and BUILT in 3 weeks, mine was VINed almost 3 months after order.

Ive been waiting over 5 months since placing my order, along with others to get my car.. if you had bother to read ANY of the other issues been going on. you would know WHAT I'm complaining about in MY particular case.
Old 6/28/10, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
They "escalated" my issue over two weeks ago and I never have received the "call within five days".
i called the 800 number...

i complained about that (not getting the call back) from last month..among the other issues.. and the rep i spoke to transferred me to customer care dept she stated "they will be better at handling the situation from here".. after speaking to that rep for about 10 min she placed me on hold investigated everytime i called in.. came back and she said, "i'm putting you on with my supervisor" i didnt request it.. that person said they will get back to me in a 2 days regarding the situation. that this is getting investigated why things weren't processed correctly. i also advised of issues of tracking through VV, with multiple dealers and options missing on the car, and options that shouldn't be there.. such as OTT stripe.
Old 6/29/10, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

If anyone's still interested in the delays caused by the holds,

My dealer spoke with his rep today and was told there are still cars being held for QC. He confirmed the desire to ship all the backlog of previously held cars by June 20th but says with the number of units this applies to, it hasn't been possible. July 20th is the new goal date, as I believe has been stated by a few on here.

He now figures my Apr. 21 build should arrive in about three more weeks...

They still don't seem to be updating ETAs in VV for some of these cars though.
Old 6/29/10, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I went to Cavalier Ford at Greenbrier in Chesapeake, VA and they had two 5.0 come in this week. One had written on the winshiled Engine Chirp OK Door 36 and had to green square sticker that one E1 the other E2. I wonder if it was checked twice then shipped. The other had nothing on it.
Old 6/29/10, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

In Transit
Passing Blasn, NY
(Norfolk Southern Corp )
Jun-29-2010, 20:51 ET

Where in NY Blasn is I have no idea. cant find it on any map, at least its in the state next door.

fingers still crossed for by friday.
Old 6/30/10, 06:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
joker.. you been waiting what ..slightly over 1 month since placing your order? please stop. YOU have nothing to complain about. here is a news flash for you.. typical custom order time for a car is 6-12 weeks. just some FYI.. your car was VINed and BUILT in 3 weeks, mine was VINed almost 3 months after order.

Ive been waiting over 5 months since placing my order, along with others to get my car.. if you had bother to read ANY of the other issues been going on. you would know WHAT I'm complaining about in MY particular case.
Completely agree!

Pony Racer - Glad to hear your car is FINALLY on its way! As of now, are there any 5.0s in CT (actually at the dealers, not on cars.com)? In MA I haven't seen one yet. Ordered mine on 2/3, built on 4/8 and have had multiple ETAs come and go. Last week my dealer told me it was shipped from AAI on 6/19 but after 11 days it is still not here. The dealership will no longer answer any questions on where it might be. I question whether it was actually shipped. Hoping to find out if it was, I called customer support yesteday, and received the same response I always get - ETA is 4/29, call your dealer for more information. This entire experience has been incredibly frustrating, if it were any other purchase other than this car I would have walked a long time ago.

Just how did you get useful information from CS?
Old 6/30/10, 06:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mweeps
I went to Cavalier Ford at Greenbrier in Chesapeake, VA and they had two 5.0 come in this week. One had written on the winshiled Engine Chirp OK Door 36 and had to green square sticker that one E1 the other E2. I wonder if it was checked twice then shipped. The other had nothing on it.
Mine had two stickers also, but they were "E1" and "E3"
Old 6/30/10, 07:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Mine had THREE stickers: E1, E2, and E16.
Old 6/30/10, 07:14 AM
Bullitt Member

It's like your underwear... Inspected by #54

My dad used to work at AAI when they made the Cougar. He said you couldn't put more than 70 miles on a car for a QA test. But if he hadn't lived 37 miles away, he could have taken a different car home every night.

Last edited by 2K3 Mach; 6/30/10 at 07:16 AM.
Old 6/30/10, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Yeah thats something else. With CDs sticker E16, rather then a sticker maybe for engine problem 1-2-3. Its probley engineer 1-16? Ronn
Old 6/30/10, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rhans
Completely agree!

Pony Racer - Glad to hear your car is FINALLY on its way! As of now, are there any 5.0s in CT (actually at the dealers, not on cars.com)? In MA I haven't seen one yet. Ordered mine on 2/3, built on 4/8 and have had multiple ETAs come and go. Last week my dealer told me it was shipped from AAI on 6/19 but after 11 days it is still not here. The dealership will no longer answer any questions on where it might be. I question whether it was actually shipped. Hoping to find out if it was, I called customer support yesteday, and received the same response I always get - ETA is 4/29, call your dealer for more information. This entire experience has been incredibly frustrating, if it were any other purchase other than this car I would have walked a long time ago.

Just how did you get useful information from CS?
yes there is one at Stevens Ford.. how do i know, the dealer fast tracked it, thinking it was my Sterling Grey 2011.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/ar...-didnt-484855/

it is the ONLY GT in Ct, and they are asking 2500 over MSRP now.

i just left the dealer, they said the reason they couldnt track it was it was being sent to another dealer (due to my first one closing), now they said they found it, its already in transit that i know, but it will arrive by July 5-6

as far as useful info from CS lol dont make me laugh..
nothing useful other than me getting my VIN through them. and ETA's which we all know come and went many times over..

i have a feeling over the next few weeks the NE area is going to see a huge influx of cars coming in..

Last edited by pony racer; 6/30/10 at 01:17 PM.
Old 6/30/10, 02:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
i have a feeling over the next few weeks the NE area is going to see a huge influx of cars coming in..
I hope you are right and I hope mine is among them but it isn't looking good. I spoke with the salesperson this morning and she said that my car was returned and unloaded from the rail car back at AAI. She "has no idea whether this was QC or labor union related". I think it is far more likely that when it was reported as shipped on June 19th it probably was sent offsite for the latest QC related rework and just now returned. Getting close to 90 days since it was built.
Old 6/30/10, 03:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011fiveOH
Got this email from Ford Customer Care today. Finally, a different one but a very positive one.

Thank you for your patience as we launch the best Mustang ever.

As with all new product launches, we make every effort to ensure the highest quality of our vehicles. With summer sales ramping up, there have been questions regarding the status of 2011 model year Ford Mustang orders, particularly retail units.

As of today, Ford is currently building and shipping all 2011 Mustangs - V6, GT and GT500. In addition, all currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) for shipping from the assembly plant by the end of June.

I sincerely apologize for the delay and we promise it will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,
Julie
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
HOW do you get e-mail updates from them?
Old 6/30/10, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
HOW do you get e-mail updates from them?
i got the exact same email from "julie" i think thats the name of the computer..

i forgot where i got it.. but i posted a complaint on a ford site..