Sponsored By:

info on oil change DIYs and oil filter choices for 2011+ 5.0s

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/11, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking

How is it ?????

As long as he isn't running cheap Walmart oil he is perfectly protected.
Do you know something about motorcraft that we dont?
Have you spoke with the oil gods???
What's wrong with Super Tech Oil? Why is it crap? Its oil people. What makes Super Tech worst then any other petroleum oil. What makes super tech full synthetic oil less quality than any other base III synthetic. News flash. Wal Mart doesn't process motor oil. Wal Mart doesn't add its own secret Wal Mart additives. Super Tech is nothing more than a name brand oil company that puts the oil in a blue or silver jug that reads Super Tech and sold by Wal Mart.

There is nothing wrong with Super Tech oil. Its the same oil that that people pay higher for in name brand packaging. Let's be real people take regular Mobil One bottle and go **** in it. Take super tech bottle and **** in that. Same **** different words on the bottle. If one wants to pay more for the **** in the Mobil One bottle, have at it.

Granted Im not saying that Super Tech Synthetic will hold for 15k like Royal Purple but very few true synthetics will hold that long even name brand oils. Super Tech full synthetic is just as good as any other base III synthetic. Besides does it really matter when changing the oil out every 5 to 7k and not using your car for racing applications on weekly basis. No, it doesn't.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 12/19/11 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12/19/11, 05:56 PM
Post *****

Have you spoke with the oil gods???
You mean Bob?

Old 12/19/11, 06:00 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

What's wrong with Super Tech Oil? Why is it crap? Its oil people. What makes Super Tech worst then any other petroleum oil. What makes super tech full synthetic oil less quality than any other base III synthetic. News flash. Wal Mart doesn't process motor oil. Wal Mart doesn't add its own secret Wal Mart additives. Super Tech is nothing more than a name brand oil company that puts the oil in a blue or silver jug that reads Super Tech and sold by Wal Mart.

There is nothing wrong with Super Tech oil. Its the same oil that that people pay higher for in name brand packaging. Let's be real people take regular Mobil One bottle and go **** in it. Take super tech bottle and **** in that. Same **** different words on the bottle. If one wants to pay more for the **** in the Mobil One bottle, have at it.

Granted Im not saying that Super Tech Synthetic will hold for 15k like Royal Purple but very few true synthetics will hold that long even name brand oils. Super Tech full synthetic is just as good as any other base III synthetic. Besides does it really matter when changing the oil out every 5 to 7k and not using your car for racing applications on weekly basis. No, it doesn't.
I was more hinting at cheap brands. Lie that supercheap oil you find at gas stations and dollar stores...
Old 12/19/11, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was more hinting at cheap brands. Lie that supercheap oil you find at gas stations and dollar stores...
Dollar store oil may not be good. I agree with you on that one. Could be used oil that just came from a oil change. Lol
Old 12/19/11, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super tech oil is recycled oil. At least it is here in Canada.
Old 12/19/11, 08:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by yugoboss
Super tech oil is recycled oil. At least it is here in Canada.
I have never seen that or heard that in all the years until now. Its oil. Its a brand name oil that is put in a oil jug that reads Super Tech. Its the same stuff that majority of the other brand oils are. Its just oil. Respectfully, I would like to see evidence of a study that shows engine life is longer lasting from using brand x compared to brand xx oil changing the oil at the same intervals and similar driving habits.

A true base IV synthetic oil is hands down better for certain people who drive there cars engine into the ground. If your track racing a car on daily or weekly basis then yes an oil like Royal Purple will provide better engine protection due to the high stress its put under by the driver.

The agency I work for changes its oil on their fleet cars every 5k. They only use standard petroleum oil, not even synthetic. We mainly operate Ford Crown Vic, and we easily get 175 to 200 k no problem.

As police vehicles not many people drive there cars harder than a police vehicle. The abuse the engine and transmissions take on a police car are sheer out brutal and down right beaten. Second to a professional Nascar driver but I doubt 99 percent of you are running harder than police cars. No synthetic and the engines still last 200k and they are beat on relentless for 12 hours day shifts. Average 25 k to 30k year.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 12/19/11 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12/19/11, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
A true base IV synthetic oil is hands down better for certain people who drive there cars engine into the ground. If your track racing a car on daily or weekly basis then yes an oil like Royal Purple will provide better engine protection due to the high stress its put under by the driver.
This is where I'm coming from. Use what oil you would like. I'll stick with a true synthetic and there's only 3 that I would chose from for these cars.

Royal Purple, Amsoil and Mobil 1 EP.
Old 12/20/11, 05:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03

This is where I'm coming from. Use what oil you would like. I'll stick with a true synthetic and there's only 3 that I would chose from for these cars.

Amen, but I think there is actually four true synthetics. The fourth would be Castrol Titanium. As long as someone doesn't mind forking over the higher dollars for those oils. Those synthetics you mention are great and benefit if one is going for a 15 k oil change interval or track racing. If not, then no benefit to the engine life but benefit ones mind and make one think its better.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 12/20/11 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12/20/11, 06:42 AM
GT Member

What's wrong with Red Line?
Old 12/20/11, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by RadioFr33Europe
What's wrong with Red Line?
True, I forgot. That's true base 4 synthetic too. My bad
Old 12/20/11, 01:51 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackMamba03

Hallelujah again. And yes Redline is in that list too.

But yes, like you guys say, use what you want for reasons you want.

If that guy wants to use Super Tech oil, go ahead! I want to use Amsoil, and I will pay more to use Amsoil, and I'm fine with that.

Reason for this thread is to open up discussions about DIY's and what types of filters to use. I think I have my questions answerd
Old 12/20/11, 06:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Hallelujah again. And yes Redline is in that list too.

But yes, like you guys say, use what you want for reasons you want.

If that guy wants to use Super Tech oil, go ahead! I want to use Amsoil, and I will pay more to use Amsoil, and I'm fine with that.

Reason for this thread is to open up discussions about DIY's and what types of filters to use. I think I have my questions answerd
I would recommend using Purolator One Filters. The goldish color filter or Napa Gold filters .