Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

info on oil change DIYs and oil filter choices for 2011+ 5.0s

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/11, 09:35 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

You sound very much like a close dear friend of mine about how he feels about his Trans Am. You know I think they may make medications for your OCD disorder. I'm just kidding bro. Somebody woke up today and put on their cranky pants. Mine definitely gets dirty but I like washing it and getting her looking great after she gets dirty. I enjoy cleaning the car after it gets dirty. I hate bugs but it doesn't stop me from the joys of driving the pony. Its all good. If your happy then that's what matters so back to important stuff like oil. Its just oil people.
LOL sorry for getting cranky. Np. And regarding ocd, I love my affliction
Old 12/15/11, 09:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

LOL sorry for getting cranky. Np. And regarding ocd, I love my affliction
No problem. All good bro. Im sorry man. Its Christmas time and we can't be fighting. After all, aren't we pulling away from the war over in the middle east . Its peace time
Old 12/15/11, 10:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 602 Likes on 433 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Are you still on your high horse about me driving it only 1500 miles, bro? Let it go man. We get it... you drive your stang a lot, and you love it. Great, good for you. I love my stang too. But no, I don't need to drive it every possible minute to enjoy and love it. I don't let it get wet in rain or snow, I don't drive it when precipitation in the forecast is above 20%. Yes, I'm **** about my car. I've been **** about ALL my cars. They're never ever ever ever rained on. Yes, it's sad. I hate swirls, I hate dirty cars, I hate scratches, I hate dust, I hate getting a speck of dust on my car. I hate bugs on my car. I'm **** and one of a kind. I get it. But guess what, it makes ME happy. And I'm darn proud of how I keep my car. You probably don't care that you get your stang dirty right? You don't care if you have swirls right? You don't care if you drive it in the rain or get bugs on the bumper right? GREAT! Good for you. And you can be proud of how you take care of yours. And I can be proud of how I take care of mine. Let it go.

Back on topic.
Trust me, you're not one of a kind. Everything you said describes me to a T as well when it comes to my Mustangs. I'll go one better than what you're **** about. Even if its sunny and beautiful, but has rained a lot over the last few days, I won't drive mine in places where I know water still may be running across the road in curves, or the the roads wet where its too shaded for the sun to dry it off yet. I'll take another route, and if I do happen to come to a wet place, I'll stop (even if there is someone behind me) and ease across it at 2-3 mph and not speed up until I see the wet tire tracks in the rear view mirror disappear. That way I know its not slinging dirty water up the sides or in the fender wells. Having a black car now just made it worse.

Don't feel so crazy now do you?
Old 12/15/11, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Trust me, you're not one of a kind. Everything you said describes me to a T as well when it comes to my Mustangs. I'll go one better than what you're **** about. Even if its sunny and beautiful, but has rained a lot over the last few days, I won't drive mine in places where I know water still may be running across the road in curves, or the the roads wet where its too shaded for the sun to dry it off yet. I'll take another route, and if I do happen to come to a wet place, I'll stop (even if there is someone behind me) and ease across it at 2-3 mph and not speed up until I see the wet tire tracks in the rear view mirror disappear. That way I know its not slinging dirty water up the sides or in the fender wells. Having a black car now just made it worse.

LMAO. Your killing me laughing. They should make a TV show about you guys and play it in between intervention and Hoaders on A&E. It would make a killing. Lmao. You guys have me doubled over laughing, your killing me. Wow!

If I invented bubble wrap to fit over the mustang I could be a millionaire overnight.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 12/15/11 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12/16/11, 05:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

My sincere condolences to you and the millions of other people out there that suffer from this mental infliction. I can't even imagine how tough it must be for people to go through life having these types of issues. Clearly there's control issues that haunt you and others and I give you guys credit for sharing your disorder with me and the people on this forum.

But don't give up, there is hope. I'm certain with help from medical mental professionals and the right amount of medications you can take back your lives. Keep the fight alive

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 12/16/11 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12/16/11, 05:50 AM
I Have No Life

Hahaha. I do EXACTLY the same thing u do. Should i start the next thread??? Lol
Old 12/16/11, 05:57 AM
MJN
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12/16/11, 06:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Time for a group hug
Old 12/18/11, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just changed mine for the first time today and noticed it had been slowly leaking out of the filter and all of the electrical connections to the power steering box were soaked in oil. The dealership changed it the last 2 times, all I can think of is the tech just hand tightened the filter very poorly causing it to leak. If you had someone else whose changed it before, it might be a good idea to check yours. It was a PITA to clean but doesn't seem to be harming anything...yet. I don't understand how something so simple can get screwed up like this.

Btw....thanks for the plastic bag over the filter tip...genius!
Old 12/19/11, 06:38 AM
Cobra Member

I thought this was an oil and oil filter thread. Nice hijacking going on here!

Back to subject....if you gotta be told what oil to use, stick with Motorcraft and a motorcraft filter. Just about any autoparts stores sell them, even Wallymart. Ford puts it in their vehicles; it's good stuff.

Last edited by Bucko; 12/19/11 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12/19/11, 07:28 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bucko
I thought this was an oil and oil filter thread. Nice hijacking going on here!

Back to subject....if you gotta be told what oil to use, stick with Motorcraft and a motorcraft filter. Just about any autoparts stores sell them, even Wallymart. Ford puts it in their vehicles; it's good stuff.
Trust me, I've been trying to get them on topic. Hopeless.

As far as oil, I plan on amsoil 5w20. For filter, prolly motorcraft.
Old 12/19/11, 09:51 AM
MJN
GT Member

How come some of you go all out and by stuff like Amsoil but not get there filter? Just curious. I run Amsoil and order it so I order the filter also.
Old 12/19/11, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MJN
How come some of you go all out and by stuff like Amsoil but not get there filter? Just curious. I run Amsoil and order it so I order the filter also.
+1.0
Old 12/19/11, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Motorcraft is fine. Its only oil
Old 12/19/11, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 12/19/11, 01:19 PM
Post *****

Old 12/19/11, 01:19 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03

How is it ?????

As long as he isn't running cheap Walmart oil he is perfectly protected.
Do you know something about motorcraft that we dont?
Have you spoke with the oil gods???
Old 12/19/11, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking
How is it ?????

As long as he isn't running cheap Walmart oil he is perfectly protected.
Do you know something about motorcraft that we dont?
Have you spoke with the oil gods???
I agree with the Walmart comment. However, I'm one to use FULL synthetic oils and Motorcraft isn't my brand of choice. That is all.
Old 12/19/11, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03
I agree with the Walmart comment. However, I'm one to use FULL synthetic oils and Motorcraft isn't my brand of choice. That is all.
Walmart oil is just whatever name brand oil walmart has a contract with at any given time. It will get a car through the warranty at least

I had a high mileage winter beater with a front seal leak I wasn't about to go through the effort to fix. I ran walmart oil in it for awhile and then realized the Mobil 1 I was draining from my mustang still had considerable life in it. I started doing 50/50 with the wally oil and then entirely used mobil 1 with fresh (walmart) oil for oil changes. never had a problem oil wise besides the leak.

Last edited by 97GT12; 12/19/11 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12/19/11, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Semi-synthetic for up to 4 to 4.5K miles between oil changes. Full synthetic if you want to go up to 6K between changes. Using full synthetic and changing your oil earlier than 6K is just wasting money unless you pull a trailer or race your Mustang!

Last edited by Bucko; 12/20/11 at 10:16 AM.

Quick Reply: info on oil change DIYs and oil filter choices for 2011+ 5.0s