2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

info on oil change DIYs and oil filter choices for 2011+ 5.0s

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/11, 04:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euh....forgot that this was a oil thread...ok, so here goes: i use Motorcraft full synthetic and Motorcraft filter. That's all i have to say about that !
Old 12/13/11, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies

I can relate to you, i only have 1100 miles on mine since June 2010. I'm in the same boat. Mine is hibernating as well.
If you don't mind having that awesome car just sitting there then its a winner. Clearly, based upon those miles the love and enjoyment you get from your stang is knowing you have one in name. Your joy comes from seeing that car sit in the garage or where ever you keep it parked staring at her, saying darn that's a hot looking car. I got me a stang and she looks sweet. Amen, if that's your thing. Different strokes for different folks. For me, the stang is for cruising the highway and open roads. I'm not buying a car to have it sit and collect age. Get out there and go daddy.
Old 12/13/11, 05:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
euh....forgot that this was a oil thread...ok, so here goes: i use Motorcraft full synthetic and Motorcraft filter. That's all i have to say about that !
Nice. I did not know motorcraft makes synthetic
Old 12/13/11, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c
Did Someone mention amsoil lol ?
That's what I don't get... I remember the spamsoil debates of ages ago. I know they've changed at least a bit but back then Amsoil was all super-secret and wouldn't even get API certification. Making using their oil a possible warranty violating mod. It seems they finally gave in on that point and got API certification for at least some of their line. Does amsoil still sell via multi-level-marketing?
Old 12/13/11, 08:37 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT12
That's what I don't get... I remember the spamsoil debates of ages ago. I know they've changed at least a bit but back then Amsoil was all super-secret and wouldn't even get API certification. Making using their oil a possible warranty violating mod. It seems they finally gave in on that point and got API certification for at least some of their line. Does amsoil still sell via multi-level-marketing?
Many of the Amsoil people I see posting on forums about the virtues of it seem to be almost like cult members. Is Amsoil a division of Amway?
Old 12/13/11, 11:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
It is a Cult and you have to pay to join.
Old 12/14/11, 07:17 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
It is a Cult and you have to pay to join.
It is a cult indeed, and I am a devout member. If they had a retreat where the leader made/forced us to drink the stuff??? Hell yeah I would,
Old 12/14/11, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't push amsoil on anyone. If you want to use it I can help you. To me I could careless what anyone uses in their vehicles. I'm big in motorcycles and was into dirt bikes and amsoil is a great product for that. Even if amsoil was free to get into ppl would still complain. I'm not a big seller of it I mostly just use it for myself and help out here and there. I'm not going to debate about oil who's better or not cuz it's not worth anyone's time. Use whatever you feel comfortable with.
Old 12/14/11, 11:02 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My thing is. Motorcraft oil lubricates the engine with no problems. Why go pay more for an oil that is "better" than motorcraft but does the exact same thing?
Old 12/14/11, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by texastboneking
My thing is. Motorcraft oil lubricates the engine with no problems. Why go pay more for an oil that is "better" than motorcraft but does the exact same thing?
My question is, why buy a 40k+ car, and cheap out on the important things that keep it going, like tires and oil.

Just fine is subjective, and I personally prefer the extra protection and particle suspending additives available in the high performance synthetics.
Old 12/14/11, 11:42 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by LEwis26
My question is, why buy a 40k+ car, and cheap out on the important things that keep it going, like tires and oil.

There's a person that will never become financially independent because marketers will sap every last dime because "gotta have the best!", whether its necessary or not.

Now how did I ever get to 253k on my F150 buying average tires (and takeoffs), discount dino oil (that meets specs) and cheap private label batteries?? Oh yeah - and those cheap Fram filters. According to you, that truck should have blown up in like 10k miles or something.

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/14/11 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12/14/11, 12:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

There's a person that will never become financially independent because marketers will sap every last dime because "gotta have the best!", whether its necessary or not.

Now how did I ever get to 253k on my F150 buying average tires (and takeoffs), discount dino oil (that meets specs) and cheap private label batteries?? Oh yeah - and those cheap Fram filters. According to you, that truck should have blown up in like 10k miles or something.
I'm financially independent already, so you can take that comment back.

If you think I just give into marketing, you are incorrect. I do my research into what I think is best for MY things. In this case, I think Amsoil is going to be best for MY needs.

If you want to use inexpensive oil and tires, it is YOUR perogitive. But don't come preaching to me how I will never be financially independent when you: 1. Don't know me personally 2. Don't have access to my financials.

Last edited by LEwis26; 12/14/11 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12/14/11, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I use Amsoil because " they " told me to use it.
Old 12/14/11, 12:39 PM
Post *****

I'm financially independent already, so you can take that comment back.

If you think I just give into marketing, you are incorrect. I do my research into what I think is best for MY things. In this case, I think Amsoil is going to be best for MY needs.

If you want to use inexpensive oil and tires, it is YOUR perogitive. But don't come preaching to me how I will never be financially independent when you: 1. Don't know me personally 2. Don't have access to my financials.

Then don't question others about buying a 40k car and then dissing them because they use Motorcraft oil.

No need to get your feathers ruffled hotshot. The only one preaching is you. And your comment was stupid.

Besides, if aren't open to other's replying to your comments, then you are on a forum why?

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/14/11 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12/14/11, 12:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why do oil threads become so personal lol.
Old 12/14/11, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Then don't question others about buying a 40k car and then dissing them because they use Motorcraft oil.

No need to get your feathers ruffled hotshot. The only one preaching is you. And your comment was stupid.

Besides, if aren't open to other's replying to your comments, then you are on a forum why?

Charlie, replying to car related things are completely different from insinuating that someone is financially not well off.

If you want to disagree with my automotive choice, by all means go for it. But making completely uneducated accusations about my personal finances has NOTHING to do with this thread, and is completely out of line.

As I said before, MY personal philosophy is to not cheap out on the important things that keep your car running and on the road, such as oil and tires. If YOU want to use something different, then by all means, go for it. MY personal recommendation is to use Amsoil, and I will suggest it accordingly.

If you don't want to use it, don't. simple as that. But keep the unncessary and uneducated personal accusations out of here.
Old 12/14/11, 01:16 PM
Post *****

Charlie, replying to car related things are completely different from insinuating that someone is financially not well off.
I wasn't insinuating anything friend. Why the chip on your shoulder?

I was commenting on the mindset that purchasing the most costly items due to marketing - rather than way more than adequate (though less costly) products - is destructive for the average budget. (And a major reason why people are struggling so in this economy as they lived on the edge with their "finest products" - but that's another thread.)

The saying 'watch your pennies and the dollars take care of themselves' is true. Because its a mindset. And getting 253k out of an F150 using good quality products at reasonable prices is real world proof.

If you want to sell and use amsoil, go do it. But Motorcraft synth blend is spec'd by Ford - and most change the oil under 5k miles anyway to get the blow by contaminants out - so suggesting that it's just a brand x cheap **** oil is..... negative marketing.

And I'll say what I want when I want. If you want to take things personal, that's your baggage.

Good luck!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/14/11 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12/14/11, 01:55 PM
Cobra Member

Okay then.

Cool Story Bro.

Last edited by LEwis26; 12/14/11 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12/14/11, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah the oil conversation ... Forbes put out an article today saying the new mustang was one of the top rides to go 200k plus.

Wonder if you have to use special oil to achieve that
Old 12/14/11, 03:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
If you don't mind having that awesome car just sitting there then its a winner.
In fact no i don't, i bought this car has a toy not has a DD. Those miles on the odometer are ones of fun and enjoyment. Not that i don't want to drive her more , but thing is that's all the spare time i can find.
Oh and don't forget, around here, sports cars are being garaged 4-5 months a year.

Quick Reply: info on oil change DIYs and oil filter choices for 2011+ 5.0s