Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Point proven.
Old 12/7/09, 04:43 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by eci
I'll post actual info when I get it, via a Dynojet 224xLC and an MD1100 Mustang dyno using my own car. Anything else is just Internet BS.
Sounds good, eci. Let us know what kind of numbers you get.
Old 12/7/09, 04:45 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by MARZ
Sounds good, eci. Let us know what kind of numbers you get.
Should be fun, based on the schedule floating around it sure will be awhile before anyone has one of these though. ADM's will be a problem too I think as they were with 2005 GT's. I'd pay $5k over but no more.
Old 12/7/09, 04:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
Point proven.
Because I laughed at you?
Surely.

I'd pay $5k over but no more.
And that about sums it up.
Old 12/7/09, 04:50 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
I'll post actual info when I get it, via a Dynojet 224xLC and an MD1100 Mustang dyno using my own car. Anything else is just Internet BS.
I'm sorry but I have to ask. If everything on here is just internet BS.......

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE??????
Originally Posted by Boomer

And that about sums it up.
Old 12/7/09, 04:55 PM
eci
Banned

The Coyote "inSiDe InFo" is what is BS. Since there are 45 different "inside info" power numbers, of course 1 will be right.
Old 12/7/09, 05:14 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by eci
The Coyote "inSiDe InFo" is what is BS. Since there are 45 different "inside info" power numbers, of course 1 will be right.
You kinda' have to look past those who've received their inside information from their brother's sister's friend's niece's cousin's aunt's uncle's brother's sister's cousin who works at a supplier for Ford.

There are a few guys on here with legitimate knowledge. They don't have to post anything; I'm glad they do. At least it gives us something to discuss, regardless of whether they're officially-released specs or not.
Old 12/7/09, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Someone needs their meds?..........Maybe its me?
Old 12/7/09, 05:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
Should be fun, based on the schedule floating around it sure will be awhile before anyone has one of these though. ADM's will be a problem too I think as they were with 2005 GT's. I'd pay $5k over but no more.
No offense, but anyone willing to pay a A$$hole Dealer Markup in the current economy on a mass produced car numbering some typically 60,000 per year is nothing short of a absolute fool! News flash, Gt500's aren't bringing much over invoice if that and they are far more rare than a Mustang GT. Ask a owner who paid $25,000 over for a 2007 GT500 if it was a good investment or paid $5,000 over for a Mustang Gt in 05. As well 2011 has something the 2005 through 2008's did not. Competition! The other problem is when some idiot pays an ADM or agrees to dealer price gouging the dealer thinks he can screw over the next guy! Let's use some common sense get our heads out of our and get some good deals on the 2011. Also 2010 has month per month had lower production numbers than the 2009 which is beyond unusual for a limited production closeout year to outsell the new model which it is doing! If a dealer won't sell below MSRP take your business elsewhere! Another dealer will surely want your business. Rant over.
Old 12/7/09, 05:41 PM
eci
Banned

Cars aren't an investment genius. If you were really concerned about resale value you wouldn't be buying a Ford PERIOD. GT500 ADMs have dried up because everyone who wanted one got one. There are 30,000 of them running about. The 5.0L GT is NEW HYPE. NO ONE has one. I want what I want when I want it. If a dealer won't budge and he's $5k or less over, I'll buy. Camaro had ADM on launch here in California and had PLENTY of competition including used GT500s. It sold with ADMs attached because it was NEW. Those who can pay the ADM's without giving a crap probably aren't idiots or they wouldn't have the disposable income in the first place. I am fully aware eventually they will be sold at invoice with 0% for 60. I don't care though, I want one on launch so I can have an exciting time learning the car when it's all still new and not saturated on the road and on the net. Why do you think people think it's an "investment"? While you sit biting your nails for the "best deal", I'd rather be driving the car. To each his own.

Last edited by eci; 12/7/09 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12/7/09, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope, isn't me!

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 12/7/09 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12/7/09, 05:57 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Nope, isn't me!
Old 12/7/09, 06:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
Cars aren't an investment genius. If you were really concerned about resale value you wouldn't be buying a Ford PERIOD. GT500 ADMs have dried up because everyone who wanted one got one. There are 30,000 of them running about. The 5.0L GT is NEW HYPE. NO ONE has one. I want what I want when I want it. If a dealer won't budge and he's $5k or less over, I'll buy. Camaro had ADM on launch here in California and had PLENTY of competition including used GT500s. It sold with ADMs attached because it was NEW. Those who can pay the ADM's without giving a crap probably aren't idiots or they wouldn't have the disposable income in the first place. I am fully aware eventually they will be sold at invoice with 0% for 60. I don't care though, I want one on launch so I can have an exciting time learning the car when it's all still new and not saturated on the road and on the net. Why do you think people think it's an "investment"? While you sit biting your nails for the "best deal", I'd rather be driving the car. To each his own.
Maybe its just my old age speaking but...
IMO people who waste money on AMDs have no patience.
I consider lack of patience to be a character flaw.
I personally know several millionaires who agree.
Go ahead and waste your money, I'll wait for the good deal.
I know I can enjoy something just as much later as right away.
Of course, I'm not trying to show off to anyone.
That would be the only logical reason for not waiting with patience.
Old 12/7/09, 06:04 PM
eci
Banned

Another logical reason is tomorrow is not guaranteed. I'd like to enjoy summer 2010 in a nice new 5.0 vert. I only get one summer 2010.
Old 12/7/09, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karman
Maybe its just my old age speaking but...
IMO people who waste money on AMDs have no patience.
I consider lack of patience to be a character flaw.
I personally know several millionaires who agree.
Go ahead and waste your money, I'll wait for the good deal.
I know I can enjoy something just as much later as right away.
Of course, I'm not trying to show off to anyone.
That would be the only logical reason for not waiting with patience.
Old 12/7/09, 06:16 PM
I Have No Life

And now...back on topic
Old 12/7/09, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for fixing that last one guys, whoever you are.

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 12/7/09 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Short fuse
Old 12/7/09, 07:07 PM
I Have No Life

Guys..enough ....

You call names, you get warnings.
You continue, you get vacations...
Capice?

I'm going to try and type this as nicely as possible.

Are people going to post any info to satisfy or prove to you how true the info is?
No. (if you need any further explanation, I can't help you)

No one is going to get roped into playing this silly little game.

Whether or not anyone chooses to believe any of the info posted,
that is your prerogative.

Last edited by Boomer; 12/7/09 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12/7/09, 07:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
Well there is a sucker born every minute. Question for you, you have the disposable income now, will you have it tomorrow? Just becuase you finance the car doesn't mean you have the means to fully pay for it. How many buyers of GT500's have we seen buy the car way over MSRP to then lose their jobs and be forced to get thier *** handed to them in the resale. I know one such individual, he is now driving a Focus! Exactly a car is in no way an investment. The Challenger is getting new engines in 2011 as well. By the way I have some beach front property in Oklahoma to sell you!

Last edited by Boomer; 12/7/09 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12/7/09, 07:44 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys all know TMS never gets insider information. Never.

Quick Reply: C&D: Over 400 HP