2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/10, 03:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jerry my dealer sent me a vehicle visibility update confirming that my car was officially built yesterday, 7/26.

Thanks
Old 7/27/10, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

You guys can add my car to your delivered/not delivered list:

138322 built 6/25, NOT DELIVERED

Still sitting at 5P
Old 7/27/10, 08:05 PM
GT Member

129740 built on 6/11, DELIVERED 7/26 (tmclaugh)

Did the paperwork today. Just waiting for the registration which should hopefully all go through tomorrow. Crossing fingers. Pic thread forthcoming.
Old 7/28/10, 03:20 AM
GT Member

You can update my vin, got my build date this morning for vin 140748. Build date of 8/3.

Weird, I got part of my window sticker to come up this morning. It is the secondary 2010 Government Safety Ratings label, not the window sticker itself. But it did have the build date on it, atleast!
Old 7/28/10, 04:26 AM

Called ford CS last week told me they would kick it up to a supervisor and get back to me in 5 business days. Never heard back. Emailed my dealer told me he would check on it Thursday because they can only get updates on Thursday. Never heard back. Called ford again last night put me on hold after I gave them all my info AGAIN they came back and now magically the car is in transit but no new eta. So when I asked where is it? Not sure, asked when did it go to in transit? Dont know. I guess they figure this will buy them a few weeks.
Old 7/28/10, 06:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
Hey Jerry my dealer sent me a vehicle visibility update confirming that my car was officially built yesterday, 7/26.

Thanks
Congrats! You're all updated.

Originally Posted by BlackOut2k11
You guys can add my car to your delivered/not delivered list:

138322 built 6/25, NOT DELIVERED

Still sitting at 5P
You're on the list. Welcome.

Originally Posted by tmclaugh
129740 built on 6/11, DELIVERED 7/26 (tmclaugh)

Did the paperwork today. Just waiting for the registration which should hopefully all go through tomorrow. Crossing fingers. Pic thread forthcoming.
That's about 6 weeks from build to delivery -- not bad at all! Looking forward to the pics.

Originally Posted by ScottH
You can update my vin, got my build date this morning for vin 140748. Build date of 8/3.

Weird, I got part of my window sticker to come up this morning. It is the secondary 2010 Government Safety Ratings label, not the window sticker itself. But it did have the build date on it, atleast!
Congrats! Your record is up-to-date.

Originally Posted by Kabala
Called ford CS last week told me they would kick it up to a supervisor and get back to me in 5 business days. Never heard back. Emailed my dealer told me he would check on it Thursday because they can only get updates on Thursday. Never heard back. Called ford again last night put me on hold after I gave them all my info AGAIN they came back and now magically the car is in transit but no new eta. So when I asked where is it? Not sure, asked when did it go to in transit? Dont know. I guess they figure this will buy them a few weeks.
Gary -- this is pretty much what they do. Only ONE person at Ford CS ever called me back within the 5 days (or at all for that matter.) Most of them just use it as a "well, something else will happen within 5 days and they'll just forget ..." As for "In transit" all that means is that the car left the factory. It could be anywhere from Ramp 51 to Ramp 5P or 5M or on a train bound for your dealer. The best way to go on that one is ask the dealer for a vehicle visibility report. But were they excited about your new <insert year>, Ford, <insert model> ???
Old 7/28/10, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Arg, I'm going nuts! Its been 4 weeks and still no contact from my dealer, no VIN#, no nothing... and then I read about some lucky ones receiving delivery in 5 - 7 weeks. What do you guys think? Their computers update Thursdays, correct? Give them a call tomorrow? I should be able to at least get an order number, right?
Old 7/28/10, 07:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
Arg, I'm going nuts! Its been 4 weeks and still no contact from my dealer, no VIN#, no nothing... and then I read about some lucky ones receiving delivery in 5 - 7 weeks. What do you guys think? Their computers update Thursdays, correct? Give them a call tomorrow? I should be able to at least get an order number, right?
You should already have an order number. Get that and the dealer code and call Ford CS and see if you have a VIN yet.
Old 7/28/10, 08:25 AM
GT Member

Ok, my sticker did show up. I must have caught them a little too early to get them both on the website.

And for all of the X Plan guys that ordered their car, your name does go in the option box on the window sticker. My order is an X Plan order and my name is there.
Old 7/28/10, 08:50 AM

Jerry only once I think they answer normal. All the rest of the time including last night I got the "Oh thats great" or "thats exciting". So I had to stop her and tell her no its not exciting. I know that they were just feeding me a line to try and tide me over with the in transit bit. Thats what makes it even more frustating.

When do I get to and a signature?

Last edited by Kabala; 7/28/10 at 08:52 AM.
Old 7/28/10, 08:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ScottH
Ok, my sticker did show up. I must have caught them a little too early to get them both on the website.

And for all of the X Plan guys that ordered their car, your name does go in the option box on the window sticker. My order is an X Plan order and my name is there.
Only if the dealer enters it as an x-plan order. Mine didn't.
Old 7/28/10, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
You can't judge people who's getting their cars in 5-7 weeks, I've said this like 15 million times in this thread... it's going to depend on what your dealership is allocated if you ordered 6/1 or later.

It took me about 4 weeks to get a VIN, then another 3-4 weeks for a build date, so yeah.
Old 7/28/10, 09:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by csledd
You can't judge people who's getting their cars in 5-7 weeks, I've said this like 15 million times in this thread... it's going to depend on what your dealership is allocated if you ordered 6/1 or later.

It took me about 4 weeks to get a VIN, then another 3-4 weeks for a build date, so yeah.
Seems like it was just shy of 15 million...
Old 7/28/10, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Seems like it was just shy of 15 million...
I'm female... we over exaggerate EVERYTHING
Old 7/28/10, 10:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey glad to see the stangs are still moving. Any new holds or delays while I was gone?
How is everyone's ride holding up.

(P.S. What happened with jokers? Banned?)
Old 7/28/10, 11:59 AM
GT Member

I think Jokerstars got spanked for being rude! Lol Yeah, also your order will depend on options, and color. Things like Brembos can delay your order. There was a posting on the forum, that there was one week, when Ford wasnt taking orders for Shelbys or Brembo brakes. Ronn

Last edited by Ronn; 7/28/10 at 12:00 PM.
Old 7/28/10, 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ronn
I think Jokerstars got spanked for being rude! Lol Yeah, also your order will depend on options, and color. Things like Brembos can delay your order. There was a posting on the forum, that there was one week, when Ford wasnt taking orders for Shelbys or Brembo brakes. Ronn
Joker is trying to get more than 12 MPG in his Mustang.

And yeah, some options (Brembos, EP, for example) have been selling better than expected. Additional options that require a trip to the vehicle personalization center will also add time.
Old 7/28/10, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
(P.S. What happened with jokers? Banned?)
I think he's in this clip?

Old 7/29/10, 12:11 AM
GT Member

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Thats Funny! You the Man Fritz! Ronn
Old 7/29/10, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ronn
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Thats Funny! You the Man Fritz! Ronn
He had that avatar pic for so long I couldn't resist.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence