Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/10, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jason202
We ordered our car on 7/24, Got a VIN on 7/26, window sticker showed up on 8/5, build date was 8/19, left the factory shortly thereafter, and the car is now lost in transit somewhere. Dealer has recently taken delivery of a car with a neighboring VIN, but our car has seemingly disappeared from the system. I'm beyond pissed and we'll be taking our business elsewhere if it doesn't show up VERY soon.
1) Either you're wrong on your order date, or your dealer gave you the wrong VIN. The VIN you posted on BON was ordered July 12; unless you edited your order on July 24th which could have held up your order which is entirely your/your dealer's fault and not Ford's.
2) The reason your dealer can't track it is because it's shipped by truck on Sept 5th and doesn't get tracked point to point like a railcar. No ETA given because trucking times vary not to mention it shipped on a holiday weekend.
3) Personally I don't give a flying frack whether you buy the car or not but IF you did actually put the order in on July 24th then it's only been 7 weeks since you ordered; average wait times for a V6 Mustang (like yours) is 6-8 weeks and a GT is 8-10 weeks as the plant is on one shift. So if your dealer told you otherwise he needs to get a clue; this is common knowledge and should have warned you appropriately to stave off undue whining.
Old 9/8/10, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
1) Either you're wrong on your order date, or your dealer gave you the wrong VIN. The VIN you posted on BON was ordered July 12; unless you edited your order on July 24th which could have held up your order which is entirely your/your dealer's fault and not Ford's.
2) The reason your dealer can't track it is because it's shipped by truck on Sept 5th and doesn't get tracked point to point like a railcar. No ETA given because trucking times vary not to mention it shipped on a holiday weekend.
3) Personally I don't give a flying frack whether you buy the car or not but IF you did actually put the order in on July 24th then it's only been 7 weeks since you ordered; average wait times for a V6 Mustang (like yours) is 6-8 weeks and a GT is 8-10 weeks as the plant is on one shift. So if your dealer told you otherwise he needs to get a clue; this is common knowledge and should have warned you appropriately to stave off undue whining.
Right, it was July 12. I was off by a couple of weeks because it's been so **** long since I ordered it, I'd forgotten the exact date.

If it actually shipped on September 5th, when can I expect it now? Dealer claims it shipped on 8/26, but at this point I no longer believe anything they say.

Last edited by jason202; 9/8/10 at 04:30 PM.
Old 9/8/10, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Right, it was July 12. I was off by a couple of weeks because it's been so **** long since I ordered it, I'd forgotten the exact date.

If it actually shipped on September 5th, when can I expect it now? Clearly the dealer doesn't have a clue.
My car arrived at my dealer 8 days after ford had it down as being shipped out of Flat Rock. Of course the exact time will vary based on end location and transit method etc... (mine shipped by rail car). Either way, your car should be arriving very soon, just hang in there, I know how you feel because I was going bonkers with mine. The wait is DEFINITELY worth it.
Old 9/8/10, 04:35 PM
Banned

If it actually shipped on September 5th, when can I expect it now? Dealer claims it shipped on 8/26, but at this point I no longer believe anything they say.
If the truck actually pulled out (and didn't sit out til Tuesday because Monday was Labour Day), without knowing what else was on the truck or its route I would venture a guess as early next week. But that's only an educated guess.
Old 9/8/10, 06:38 PM

If the truck actually pulled out (and didn't sit out til Tuesday because Monday was Labour Day), without knowing what else was on the truck or its route I would venture a guess as early next week. But that's only an educated guess.
Thanks for the information. It's more than I've been able to get from the dealer and much appreciated.

Now I'm wondering what the dealer's motive would be for failing to provide us with the most up-to-date information especially since they've been great about keeping us up to date throughout the process. We're purchasing with a Z-plan pin, so the price is set. Maybe I've just answered my own question.
Old 9/8/10, 07:00 PM
Banned

Thanks for the information. It's more than I've been able to get from the dealer and much appreciated.

Now I'm wondering what the dealer's motive would be for failing to provide us with the most up-to-date information especially since they've been great about keeping us up to date throughout the process. We're purchasing with a Z-plan pin, so the price is set. Maybe I've just answered my own question.
Your dealer told you that the car has shipped, and that there was no ETA.

That is true. It is the same thing I told you. The information that is in the system is the same that the dealer has access to. You've seen your window sticker, you've seen that it says "convoy" which usually means that it's shipped by truck.

I don't understand how you feel your dealer has withheld information. Your dealer still makes a profit on an X-Plan sale, and convertible V6 Mustangs aren't in such high demand at this time of the year that he can get a huge profit otherwise. If he didn't want the sale he could have refused taking XPlan when you ordered; XPlan participation is voluntary not compulsory.

So cut them a little slack.
Old 9/8/10, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

The information that is in the system is the same that the dealer has access to. You've seen your window sticker, you've seen that it says "convoy" which usually means that it's shipped by truck.
Just a heads up - just because it says "Convoy" on the window sticker doesn't mean it's actually being shipped by truck... at least, according to Ford CS. I called today about my order and they told me since I was in NJ, my car should be shipped by railcar, not truck.
Old 9/8/10, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
Just a heads up -
Thank you, yes I realize that (hence the "usually"); "usually" when it's shipped by rail it lists a railcar number. Sometimes the cars are trucked to the rail depot. CSX has received it and from the transportation company now, perhaps if the OP calls his dealer and asks politely they might give him the railcar number.
Old 9/9/10, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Talking

Just called Ford CS it's in transit Official ETA to land at dealership is 9/16 !! I feel like i'm 8 years old again counting down the final days till christmas morning !!!!
Old 9/9/10, 08:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the Ford CS number again?

EDIT:

Never mind, I found it. I called Ford CS and was told my car is in transit and ETA is 9/22. Hopefully I get lucky and my car will get here sooner

Last edited by newpony; 9/9/10 at 09:12 AM.
Old 9/9/10, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer yesterday... they say I can expect delivery 9/20. That's great but I don't understand why I still can't get the window sticker. If it will be at the dealer in 11 days it must have been built already so why no window sticker?
Old 9/10/10, 03:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Treadhead
Order was entered in the system on 7-23-10.
Scheduled and received VIN 8-19-10
Build date is 8-30-10.
Just got an email from my dealer that my Mustang is on a railcar headed this way. Delivery expected at the end of next week!
Old 9/11/10, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got an email from my dealer saying mine is arriving Monday. I ordered July 3, so that was a 72-day wait. They did say 10-12 weeks, so I should have expected this. No reason to complain. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 9/12/10, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by danimal15
Just got an email from my dealer saying mine is arriving Monday. I ordered July 3, so that was a 72-day wait. They did say 10-12 weeks, so I should have expected this. No reason to complain. I'll keep you all posted.
Can't wait to see pics. Great color combo!
Old 9/13/10, 04:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
Just called Ford CS it's in transit Official ETA to land at dealership is 9/16 !! I feel like i'm 8 years old again counting down the final days till christmas morning !!!!
So I called my dealer Friday and told him the good news he then tells me he just tracked my car and it shows still on the ramp in flatrock waiting to ship and still has an ETA of 9/16 that he thinks ford will not make, probably the week of the 20th. Why such polar opposite answers?
Old 9/13/10, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I got a call from my dealer last week to tell me to expect delivery Sept 22nd. That would be pretty amazing considering the build date is this Friday, Sept 17th.
Old 9/13/10, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
I got a call from my dealer last week to tell me to expect delivery Sept 22nd. That would be pretty amazing considering the build date is this Friday, Sept 17th.
I just sent you a PM.
Old 9/14/10, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got an update. Vehicle is at Twin Oaks, PA at Ramp 5R. ETA has been changed from the 9/12 to 9/21... anyone know is Ramp 5R is just another Ramp 51? As in sitting forever?? Sure hope not. My vehicle is only 350 miles away now.
Old 9/14/10, 08:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supposedly mine was built on 9/9, but I haven't seen or heard any updates from the dealer. What's the typical turn around from production to shipping? Mine only has to go 10-15 miles from AAI to the dealer, so it's a truck hauler away.
Old 9/15/10, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Depends on QA holds! For me it took nearly a month before it finally got shipped.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence