2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/10, 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today is my ETA (#2), fingers crossed! It's been a very long four months.
Old 7/15/10, 07:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Today is my ETA (#2), fingers crossed! It's been a very long four months.
I thought your paperwork was lost? Did they find it? I truly hope you get your car ASAP! You deserve it!
Old 7/15/10, 07:28 AM
V6 Member

I got my window sticker today and thanks to Corvettedreamin my build date. 7/26/2010.
Old 7/15/10, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I thought your paperwork was lost? Did they find it? I truly hope you get your car ASAP! You deserve it!
That was the last bit of info I was given but they've been standing by the 7/15 date. If it's not here today I'm going to have to make a trip to the dealer tomorrow where fist pumping and feet stomping will ensue.
Old 7/15/10, 09:20 AM

Here are some crappy iPhone photos of 108509!
Attached Images    
Old 7/15/10, 10:01 AM

118822 built on 5/10, NOT DELIVERED (dgreen6201) - DELIVERED 7/10
Old 7/15/10, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
I got my window sticker today and thanks to Corvettedreamin my build date. 7/26/2010.
Nice.. our cars will be built together

Too bad I ordered 6/2 and I still have no window sticker
Old 7/15/10, 12:24 PM

I finally was able to pull up my window sticker today. Hopefully, my car comes before my vacation, but I fear it will arrived while I'm vacation. If that happens I might have to convince my wife for us to come back early.
Old 7/15/10, 01:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rustdog
I finally was able to pull up my window sticker today. Hopefully, my car comes before my vacation, but I fear it will arrived while I'm vacation. If that happens I might have to convince my wife for us to come back early.
Look at the top of your sticker, Cory. The sequence that runs 1201007nn is your build date. What does it show? Drop the 1 and it's in YYYYMMDD format.

Christie are you SURE you have a good VIN? If one digit is wrong it'll never come up.
Old 7/15/10, 01:44 PM

Still no build date for the one I ordered on June 11th. I might not even get it in time for my Labor Day weekend trip.
Old 7/15/10, 02:17 PM

Build date is 07/26/10

Look at the top of your sticker, Cory. The sequence that runs 1201007nn is your build date. What does it show? Drop the 1 and it's in YYYYMMDD format.

Christie are you SURE you have a good VIN? If one digit is wrong it'll never come up.
How long does it actually take them to build the car? I have to love this forum. You all know your stuff. I wish the dealership would be more forthcoming on this information.
Old 7/15/10, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by txnomad
Still no build date for the one I ordered on June 11th. I might not even get it in time for my Labor Day weekend trip.
You never know. I ordered mine from Bankston on 3/20 and still nothing.

Originally Posted by Rustdog
How long does it actually take them to build the car? I have to love this forum. You all know your stuff. I wish the dealership would be more forthcoming on this information.
I believe it usually takes about two days. Mine had a scheduled build date of 4/15 and it completed production on 4/19.
Old 7/15/10, 04:12 PM

Just got off the phone with ford CS and got the same old run around. Asked if there was anyone else I could talk to because it was not right that my last update was June 4 with an eta of June 21 someone has to have more info. Said he could bump it up to his superviser because it was a bit long since the last up date. He will get back to me in at least 5 working days maybe sooner. Why do I not belive him? Am off to email my dealer to tell them to get me info by Monday.
Old 7/15/10, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kabala
Just got off the phone with ford CS and got the same old run around. Asked if there was anyone else I could talk to because it was not right that my last update was June 4 with an eta of June 21 someone has to have more info. Said he could bump it up to his superviser because it was a bit long since the last up date. He will get back to me in at least 5 working days maybe sooner. Why do I not belive him? Am off to email my dealer to tell them to get me info by Monday.

they did their job, they made you feel good and got you off the phone.. you will get a canned email in a few days saying " ty for you inquiry of your 2011 mustang.. right now its going through a final qc inspection.. blah blah blah.. "

next time they say that, tell them no need to get back to me in email, you want to be transfered to their supervisor.. when that idiot doesnt give you any information because it will be a lead with the same access as the rep., speak to their super.. and so on.. make sure you write down all names.

FYI.. here is how an average Call center works.. rep, 2nd level rep, lead, supervisor, manager, operations managers, director of operations, VP and President.. thats the usual chain of command or there about. just letting you know when they say they are going to let you speak to a supervisor.. 9/10 its a lead.. the reps are usually in "teams" of about 20.. there is 1 lead per team, then 1 supervisor to that team/lead. then several teams work under 1 manager, several managers work under the operations manager, then you start getting to the "corporate execs" and when they actually have to get on the phone to solve an issue that reps/sups/managers, should have solved.. the **** hits the fan.. i've seen it first hand.
Old 7/15/10, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Ford CS in Florida is a VERY small group of people.

I had good luck with ONE and ONLY ONE person there. Her name is Cindy and she absolutely rocks. She said she'd call me back and she did. She said she'd call me back a second time -- and she did. Two other CS reps promised me a follow up "within 5 business days" and I didn't hear a word. Not one.
Old 7/15/10, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, ETA #1 and #2 have come and gone. 117 days have also come and gone. No system update since 5/6. Still no car. Is Ford in the business of manufacturing unicorns of raw unobtainium? At what point to I begin to think of cancelling my order? And yet again I tell myself maybe tomorrow...
Old 7/15/10, 06:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Well, ETA #1 and #2 have come and gone. 117 days have also come and gone. No system update since 5/6. Still no car. Is Ford in the business of manufacturing unicorns of raw unobtainium? At what point to I begin to think of cancelling my order? And yet again I tell myself maybe tomorrow...
James... you deserve an award for patience. Seriously. I really admire you. I don't have that virtue. I would be raising hell with the dealer, regional rep, etc. Something isn't right. As patient as you've been, I wish I had the ability to go to bat for you.
Old 7/15/10, 06:50 PM
GT Member

FINALLY!

134820 ordered 4/20, built on 6/17, at dealer 7/15 DELIVERED 7/16
Old 7/15/10, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

James... you deserve an award for patience. Seriously. I really admire you. I don't have that virtue. I would be raising hell with the dealer, regional rep, etc. Something isn't right. As patient as you've been, I wish I had the ability to go to bat for you.
Thanks, I'm usually pretty laid back but I'm getting pretty upset (turning green) about this (especially if you remember what I said a long while back about my grandfather). My dealer, who has been very good to me, made contact with three Ford reps today concerning my car and an update is expected tomorrow. VV still shows that it's in area 51 even though it was built 87 days ago. I think I want a new one if it takes 87 days to fix the one I ordered.
Old 7/15/10, 07:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks, I'm usually pretty laid back but I'm getting pretty upset (turning green) about this (especially if you remember what I said a long while back about my grandfather). My dealer, who has been very good to me, made contact with three Ford reps today concerning my car and an update is expected tomorrow. VV still shows that it's in area 51 even though it was built 87 days ago. I think I want a new one if it takes 87 days to fix the one I ordered.
I DO remember, James. That's why this bugs ME so much. You've been beyond patient. I'd start looking across the US for one. I know it's a unique build but this really sucks for you. I was just days away from going to FL and buying my replacement (minus some options but still an MCA car) when I got the update that it shipped. With guys getting their cars in less than 2 weeks, yours should be fixed by now. The two-week summer shut-down surely has an impact but that should be over soon. The dealer and regional rep should be raising hell for you. That's THEIR job. You are the customer and in the end, it's YOUR money. Put 'em to work.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence