2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/10, 05:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap, Christie, you still don't have your car?!?!? Maybe they're looking for the right coolant sticker.

I've been away for a bit for personal reasons (yeah, there is life outside TMS... Patrick.) So forgive my absence. It's going to be a tough next 6 months or so.
Old 8/10/10, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Holy crap, Christie, you still don't have your car?!?!? Maybe they're looking for the right coolant sticker.

I've been away for a bit for personal reasons (yeah, there is life outside TMS... Patrick.) So forgive my absence. It's going to be a tough next 6 months or so.
Any second it could be here! I mean on thursday it showed it shipped convoy and has a convoy number and the trucking company listed.. but yeah I'm hoping its not here yet cause they had to stop at other dealerships a long the way or something. GET HERE WITH MY CAR DAMNIT.
Old 8/10/10, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

SO! A guy at work who drives a 370Z has been teasing me saying my car doesn't exist blah blah..

I was like alright I'm getting desperate.. I called the trucking company, got the number for the office in Michigan, gave them the last 5 digits of my VIN and found out it was loaded on Saturday, shipped out Monday.. he said I should be seeing it by 5 PM today! So I'm guessing with my luck I'll see it tomorrow, haha
Old 8/10/10, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by csledd
SO! A guy at work who drives a 370Z has been teasing me saying my car doesn't exist blah blah..

I was like alright I'm getting desperate.. I called the trucking company, got the number for the office in Michigan, gave them the last 5 digits of my VIN and found out it was loaded on Saturday, shipped out Monday.. he said I should be seeing it by 5 PM today! So I'm guessing with my luck I'll see it tomorrow, haha
Congrats. I'm still waiting for the window sticker to come up.

I'm sure the guy with the 370z will wish your car didn't exist very shortly.
Old 8/10/10, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mark me as DELIVERED

However, they will not let me pick the car up today.. they told me they had to clean it up and all that stuff because it's a question on their little survey. I told him to make sure they don't mount the front license plate bracket and he said they might have already he didn't know. Now I'm going to be worried all night if my bumper has holes and if some douche is driving my car

BUT IT'S HERE!
Old 8/10/10, 02:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Mark me as DELIVERED

However, they will not let me pick the car up today.. they told me they had to clean it up and all that stuff because it's a question on their little survey. I told him to make sure they don't mount the front license plate bracket and he said they might have already he didn't know. Now I'm going to be worried all night if my bumper has holes and if some douche is driving my car

BUT IT'S HERE!
Have you actually SEEN it? And where's that "worthless without pics" emoticon?

I'm not marking you down until I see pictures of that *****in' car.

Old 8/10/10, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Have you actually SEEN it? And where's that "worthless without pics" emoticon?

I'm not marking you down until I see pictures of that *****in' car.

**** you, I don't want them to clean it, just give me my car Stupid survey. I don't know what to do if there's holes in the bumper. Ahhhhhhh
Old 8/10/10, 03:38 PM
GT Member

Congrats Christie!!!! Id refuse the clean up. My saleman did that, and made sure all the plastic was there. Also no stickers!!!! Well tomorrow youll forget about TMS, as you will be driving around that Bad Black Stang! Oh yeah pictures please!!!! Ronn

Last edited by Ronn; 8/10/10 at 03:40 PM.
Old 8/10/10, 03:54 PM
Banned

Glad it made the trip. Missed the ETA by 3 days but that's not as bad as some around here... lol
Old 8/10/10, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Glad it made the trip. Missed the ETA by 3 days but that's not as bad as some around here... lol
Thanks for your updates they kept me from going crazy!

I decided I was not gonna go all night thinking about the holes in the bumper so I called my salesman and made him check right then and he said the plate was not mounted! Yay
Old 8/10/10, 05:00 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for your updates they kept me from going crazy!

I decided I was not gonna go all night thinking about the holes in the bumper so I called my salesman and made him check right then and he said the plate was not mounted! Yay
When my car came in I told the dealer not to even open the doors after the truck driver pulled it off and I would be right there.

I picked mine up with no prep at all and took a day off of work to clean him up and bond. Tires had too much air but all the other fluids were fine. Found a few scuff marks, maybe when they put the stickers on they leaned on it. All of them came out with ease. Took him for a ride to the gas station and then back to the dealer to get money for my first tank of gas. It was great. It did still have 6 miles on it.

Mine actually showed up a week early, but it was a Shelby GT500.

Good luck.
Old 8/11/10, 05:52 AM

Congrats Christie on getting the car. I would be lying if I wasn't jealous. Maybe next week, I will get the call, but I don't know how much more I can wait. I really want the car, but this whole waiting 3+ months is starting to turn sour. I will never order a call through a small dealership again. They don't do it often and it shows, since they don't even know how to track a car. Seriously, they can't call Ford and see where their cars are. I swear I'm going to send them a link to this thread, and call BS on everything they tell me about how they can't track the car. Enough venting, just tired about this whole process.
Old 8/11/10, 11:31 AM
V6 Member

My car was delivered today! I pick it up from the dealer tonight. The dealer sent me some crappy cell phone pictures before it was prepped so not really worth posting that. I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow once I figure out how to.

One crappy thing. I ordered a pedestal spoiler and it is still not in (The car looks naked to me without it. Just my opinion). The car was delivered with spoiler delete from the factory as the pedestal spoiler is now a dealer installed option if you order it stand alone. The dealer told me due to the abundance of California Specials ordered the pedestal spoiler is on back order and will not ship till 8/30. But I get to pick the car up tonight after work! My production for the day has officially been shot to hell.

Giggidy Giggidy.

Last edited by 1969 Boss429; 8/11/10 at 11:35 AM.
Old 8/11/10, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
My car was delivered today! I pick it up from the dealer tonight. The dealer sent me some crappy cell phone pictures before it was prepped so not really worth posting that. I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow once I figure out how to.

One crappy thing. I ordered a pedestal spoiler and it is still not in (The car looks naked to me without it. Just my opinion). The car was delivered with spoiler delete from the factory as the pedestal spoiler is now a dealer installed option if you order it stand alone. The dealer told me due to the abundance of California Specials ordered the pedestal spoiler is on back order and will not ship till 8/30. But I get to pick the car up tonight after work! My production for the day has officially been shot to hell.

Giggidy Giggidy.
Awesome, hope to see you around town! And hurry up with those pics!
Old 8/11/10, 12:03 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by monkeystash
Awesome, hope to see you around town! And hurry up with those pics!
Oh most definitely. Where abouts are you located in north Atlanta? That picture looks like Frank Jackson Ford in Sandy Springs.

Do you know the easiest way to post pictures?
Old 8/11/10, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
Oh most definitely. Where abouts are you located in north Atlanta? That picture looks like Frank Jackson Ford in Sandy Springs.

Do you know the easiest way to post pictures?
I'm in Kennesaw, and I ordered mine through Team Ford Marietta.

Under additional options, use the attach files box to attach a picture from your computer. If the picture is online, use the "insert image" icon above and paste the image URL.
Old 8/11/10, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

A few dealer cell phone shots of the car. I'll post better pictures once I get the spoiler on it.
Attached Thumbnails Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-wood-mustang-006.jpg   Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-wood-mustang-005.jpg   Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-wood-mustang-007.jpg  

Last edited by 1969 Boss429; 8/11/10 at 12:35 PM.
Old 8/11/10, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet, the black red contrast is just awesome!
Old 8/11/10, 12:57 PM
FR500 Member

Here's a really handy page for future reference.

Ford Factory Lead Times
Old 8/11/10, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Here's a really handy page for future reference.

Ford Factory Lead Times
This just makes me feel worse that I've been waiting six weeks for my VIN, lol.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence