2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/10, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And so it begins, my ETA just got changed from 8/18 to 8/26.
Old 8/11/10, 04:36 PM

Mine was delivered to the dealer today. I called and asked them not to drill the front bumper if it isn't too late. I'll go in Friday to pick it up. I hope I can sleep tonight!
Old 8/11/10, 06:20 PM

I wish my car was on the same train as yours, Steve. I'm about 3-4 hours south of you and the last sighting of my car was in arkansas. My ETA is aug. 20th. I'm hoping for a birthday miracle and get the car early.
Old 8/12/10, 11:30 AM

My car is somewhere in Texas. I called the salesperson, but had to leave a voice mail for him to call me back. He hasn't called back yet, so I guess its not at the dealership yet. I'm hoping it gets here soon.
Old 8/12/10, 11:50 AM

My parts are slowly coming in while I wait on her from the rail yard!! (love my 20's)
My Dealer is asking if I want to do the Ford racing lowering kit..(which will not void the warranty) for 950.00 installed..
Attached Thumbnails Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-cimg0327.jpg  

Last edited by Tejasponyman; 8/12/10 at 12:14 PM.
Old 8/12/10, 03:19 PM

I asked the dealer not to drill the front bumper to add a license plate, but now I've found out that "Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket" doesn't fit this car. Maybe there's a way to attach the plate in the area just below the bumper? I'll have paper plates for a little while, so that'll buy me time to figure this out. Any ideas appreciated!

Also, hopefully your car will turn up this weekend, Cory!
Old 8/12/10, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Weird. Ford changed my ETA yesterday, but the car shipped out today

Not that I am complaining or anything
Old 8/12/10, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by txnomad
I asked the dealer not to drill the front bumper to add a license plate, but now I've found out that "Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket" doesn't fit this car. Maybe there's a way to attach the plate in the area just below the bumper? I'll have paper plates for a little while, so that'll buy me time to figure this out. Any ideas appreciated!
This is an option but it may not work out so well in the summer for us North Texans. I'm just going to leave mine in the trunk and tell any officer that stops me that it just came off. Other than that, no front plate for me.
Old 8/12/10, 06:50 PM
GT Member

[quote=txnomad;5928179]I asked the dealer not to drill the front bumper to add a license plate, but now I've found out that "Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket" doesn't fit this car. Maybe there's a way to attach the plate in the area just below the bumper? I'll have paper plates for a little while, so that'll buy me time to figure this out. Any ideas appreciated!

I got a bracket from Craig that fits my 2011... I had to contact him directly about it... but I am lukewarm about it and may mount the factory license plate holder any day now.

Now, back on topic.
Old 8/15/10, 06:50 AM
V6 Member

Well it finally arrived this past Thursday the 12th - 6 and one half months since ordering! I think everyone has heard a lot of the ordeal already. The part that there really was no excuse for was it sitting in a rail yard in Michigan for 3 weeks after the final hold was lifted July 2 before they finally gave up and brought it back to AAI near the end of July. When it finally got on a rail car in early August the rail car broke twice, once prior to leaving and again when it arrived in MA. At that point nobody knew where it was until I made a lot of calls to the local rail transport. When I picked the car up the salesperson thanked me for providing her with contact information!

So glad it is all over. I never expected a car purchase to end up being such a stressful experience.

Love the car though! The best way to describe its acceleration is that it is like a video game -except in this case you need to be a lot more careful! Handling is incredible. Nicest car I have ever driven. Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-p1010021.jpg   Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-p1010030_noplate.jpg  
Old 8/15/10, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rhans
Well it finally arrived this past Thursday the 12th - 6 and one half months since ordering! I think everyone has heard a lot of the ordeal already. The part that there really was no excuse for was it sitting in a rail yard in Michigan for 3 weeks after the final hold was lifted July 2 before they finally gave up and brought it back to AAI near the end of July. When it finally got on a rail car in early August the rail car broke twice, once prior to leaving and again when it arrived in MA. At that point nobody knew where it was until I made a lot of calls to the local rail transport. When I picked the car up the salesperson thanked me for providing her with contact information!

So glad it is all over. I never expected a car purchase to end up being such a stressful experience.

Love the car though! The best way to describe its acceleration is that it is like a video game -except in this case you need to be a lot more careful! Handling is incredible. Nicest car I have ever driven. Here are a couple of pictures.
Wow, 6-1/2 months is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard for ordering a car! And I thought my 18 weeks was terrible. Congratulations; good to see it finally arrived.
Old 8/15/10, 09:42 AM

Thought I'd contribute to this list- vin# 145830

Ordered: 7/9 (dealer said 3-4 weeks)
Vin Provided: 8/5
Window Sticker: .....
Build Date:..........
ETA:.............
Delivered:

Mine is a SG Premium vert w/ brick leather & Brembo pkg. I'm installing RTR wheels, Corsa, CAI & tune, Dynamic shocks & struts, CHE panhard bar, Lloyd mats...

Old 8/15/10, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by carnut
Thought I'd contribute to this list- vin# 145830

Ordered: 7/9 (dealer said 3-4 weeks)
Vin Provided: 8/5
Window Sticker: .....
Build Date:..........
ETA:.............
Delivered:

Mine is a SG Premium vert w/ brick leather & Brembo pkg. I'm installing RTR wheels, Corsa, CAI & tune, Dynamic shocks & struts, CHE panhard bar, Lloyd mats...

haha you're freakin awesome! Love the garage
Old 8/16/10, 06:40 PM

As soon as UPS drops off my 303 Protectant, microfiber towels and other goodies I'll clean 'er up and take some photos by the lake. Until then:

Old 8/18/10, 09:32 AM

My mustang is finally delivered. I got the call today, but too bad I'm about 7 hours away. My wife has been gracious enough to cut our trip by one day and leave early in the morning, so I can pick the car up by the time the dealership closes at five. I have asked the sales guy to take pics, so I can post later.
Any way my vin 5141820 is delivered on Aug. 18th after 3 months.
Old 8/18/10, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rustdog
My mustang is finally delivered. I got the call today, but too bad I'm about 7 hours away. My wife has been gracious enough to cut our trip by one day and leave early in the morning, so I can pick the car up by the time the dealership closes at five. I have asked the sales guy to take pics, so I can post later.
Any way my vin 5141820 is delivered on Aug. 18th after 3 months.
Well, at least it's good news that it's finally there! Congrats.
Old 8/18/10, 10:28 AM

Thanks Oac for your help in this process.
Old 8/18/10, 11:23 AM

Congrats Cory! I'm getting the windows tinted on mine today, then Clear Bra put on tomorrow.
Old 8/18/10, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by txnomad
Congrats Cory! I'm getting the windows tinted on mine today, then Clear Bra put on tomorrow.
Never heard of a clear bra before, is it noticeable?
Old 8/18/10, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have one on my 330i and you can't see it at all unless you're standing right next to the car. It's been there for eight years and there is no sign of yellowing or peeling so I will definitely be putting one on the Mustang when it arrives.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence