Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Got my recall letter today.

My solution? I'll drive with my full face helmet on all the time, Stig style
Old 8/3/15, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by junkman9096
I got my notice yesterday One thing I'm NOT going to do is worry about it. Believe me, you are much more likely to be injured by the airbag than by the component parts. re: that 1983 F-150? I'll take the benefit of 30+ years of safety technology and research over an over-long extension of '60s design philosophy. Dale Earnhardt's car was much stiffer and solid than the current models and that's what killed him.
wasn't he also not wearing the seat belt harness correctly?
Old 8/4/15, 03:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my notice yesterday before work. Not terribly concerned, considering these airbags were installed in like 93 gajillion cars and there seems to be only 4 reported deaths.

Not that it isn't a problem, but I'm certainly not going to fret. Airbag deployments are always messy things, shrapnel or no shrapnel.
Old 8/4/15, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Guess I'll take my recall letters to the Ford dealer for the Mustang, and the Dodge dealer for the '08 Dakota, and see about getting my name in the waiting line for replacements. I have to take blood thinners so my chances of bleeding to death from shrapnel wounds is something to think about, but I'm in no hurry to cease driving the car any time soon; the approach of Winter will take care of that for me soon enough. Like Roseanne Rosannadanna used to say, "...It's always somethin'."
Old 8/5/15, 04:16 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I called my dealer to 'get in line' for the airbag recall, he told me to "wait until the second recall letter comes". He had his 2006 Mustang airbag recall done several months ago only to have a 'recall' of the 'recall'.
Old 8/5/15, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's pretty messed up how the recalls are being recalled...Takata are using the same airbags that are in the vehicle. So why are they even doing a recall?
Old 8/5/15, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by iceD
It's pretty messed up how the recalls are being recalled...Takata are using the same airbags that are in the vehicle. So why are they even doing a recall?
Just the inflator is being replaced, not the whole airbag.
Old 8/5/15, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Same thing in Canada, wait till we get the second letter. The suspense continues. Sooo lets just say we got into an accident and the airbag deploys furthering the damage to our face, I guess we sue eh?
Originally Posted by David Young
I called my dealer to 'get in line' for the airbag recall, he told me to "wait until the second recall letter comes". He had his 2006 Mustang airbag recall done several months ago only to have a 'recall' of the 'recall'.
Old 8/5/15, 12:22 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by JonsMustang
Same thing in Canada, wait till we get the second letter. The suspense continues. Sooo lets just say we got into an accident and the airbag deploys furthering the damage to our face, I guess we sue eh?
Yes
Old 8/6/15, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Airbag Recall

Every f$&kin time I get in my f$&kin mustang, I see the f$&kin airbag light warning on. So just looking at the speedometer kills me. I hate that airbag light warning. It won't turn it off until the airbag gets replaced.
Old 8/6/15, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Cover it with a Happy face sticker.
Originally Posted by sakol
Every f$&kin time I get in my f$&kin mustang, I see the f$&kin airbag light warning on. So just looking at the speedometer kills me. I hate that airbag light warning. It won't turn it off until the airbag gets replaced.
Old 8/8/15, 04:51 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will be years before all the airbags are replaced, and Ford will probably face fines for not getting them done sooner (not their fault, the parts are in short supply). Chrysler just recently got nailed hard for not being more proactive about their recalls. I'm going to wait a while because the parts just aren't available right now to even bother with putting myself on a waiting list because it will probably be a year long ordeal as it is. I'm choosing to wait because I am hearing other parts suppliers are gearing up to help with the replacements. I'd prefer not to have another Takata installed part in my car and I don't relish the idea of them tearing apart the steering wheel to do the recall.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 8/8/15 at 04:53 PM.
Old 8/8/15, 05:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Airbag Recall

I agree about not wanting another Takata airbag, but don't worry about disassembly of the wheel - it's extremely easy to remove the airbag on these cars.
Old 8/12/15, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and here is another point to ponder...The current incentives on a new F150 XLT 2,7 eb are incredible and Ive got a solid connection at a Ford Dealer so I can get a really great price on a new pickup. I found one that is exactly what i want and he will sell it to me at a great price..plus $5,050 in incentives..Guess what though...he doesnt want my 2010 GT Premium which has some very nice appearance mods...Kona with white racing stripes, CS/ Boss front splitter and GT500 rear splitter, TCX matte grey 19's with new Conti's. He cant sell the Stang with the standing recall and even his wholesalers dont want it without greatly uncutting the price. Looks like I'm gonna miss out on a fantastic deal because of the **** recall. Cant even trade the **** thing in!
Old 8/12/15, 02:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Airbag Recall

Originally Posted by TrickyRic
and here is another point to ponder...The current incentives on a new F150 XLT 2,7 eb are incredible and Ive got a solid connection at a Ford Dealer so I can get a really great price on a new pickup. I found one that is exactly what i want and he will sell it to me at a great price..plus $5,050 in incentives..Guess what though...he doesnt want my 2010 GT Premium which has some very nice appearance mods...Kona with white racing stripes, CS/ Boss front splitter and GT500 rear splitter, TCX matte grey 19's with new Conti's. He cant sell the Stang with the standing recall and even his wholesalers dont want it without greatly uncutting the price. Looks like I'm gonna miss out on a fantastic deal because of the **** recall. Cant even trade the **** thing in!

Wow that is such crap!! Can't they just take it in and fix it when parts are available??
Old 8/12/15, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Wow that is such crap!! Can't they just take it in and fix it when parts are available??

I cant blame them for not wanting to sit on a car for who knows how long before they can sell it. Thats a good chunk of change to have sitting on the vine. They are trying hard to find a wholesaler that will give me a fair price, but no luck so far. and believe me, my connection is trying hard..he's the GM now and Ive been buying and referring to him since he was in Sales.
Old 8/13/15, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

Well I contacted the service department at my local Ford here in Georgia and he is saying the parts should be available after labor day. No wait list now but he said to call back that week and they would hold one for me until I could get in to have the work done. Ive only gotten the one recall letter but I've only had the car registered to me for 6 months so there may have been another that went to the dealer I bought it from. So if all goes well it will be fixed in a few weeks. Im going to ask to see the part prior to install so maybe I can pass on some info to you guys not that you can tell structural integrity from a visual inspection. But if corrosion/rust is the cause of failure putting a new uncontaminated part could at least be a stop gap until correct parts can be manufactured. But I don't really want my car ripped apart every few years for that.
Old 3/27/16, 04:34 PM
GT Member

Does anyone have any updates on this? My "Recall incomplete - parts not yet available" status has been there for 10 months now. No news from Ford.
Old 3/27/16, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by msqr
Does anyone have any updates on this? My "Recall incomplete - parts not yet available" status has been there for 10 months now. No news from Ford.
No clue...I think it got lost in space.
Old 3/27/16, 05:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Same here, still waiting for the second letter from Ford.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall