2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/15, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Very interesting. Yesterday I went to owner.ford.com and input my VIN and it showed that my Mustang had the recall. This morning, for whatever reason, I signed in to my account on owner.ford.com and checked for recalls and it said there were none for my car. I signed out and closed the browser tab, then opened a new tab and went back to the site without signing in and it still said there were no recalls. There must have been something cached. I went to my tablet and the site and entered my VIN and it showed the recall for my car. I used a different browser on my laptop and went to the site (without signing in) and it also showed the recall.

The bottom line is if you check on your VIN do so WITHOUT signing in.
Old 5/29/15, 11:38 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
Very interesting. Yesterday I went to owner.ford.com and input my VIN and it showed that my Mustang had the recall. This morning, for whatever reason, I signed in to my account on owner.ford.com and checked for recalls and it said there were none for my car.
Agreed, nothing showed up via the Ford Owner website. BUT, when I went over to the NHTSA site and in-putted the VIN it does show that there is a recall in effect.
http://tinyurl.com/nwhytpv

It is dated yesterday, though I don't know if that makes any difference. I guess the thing to do is stay out of collisions for the 2-3 years until they get caught up.
Old 5/29/15, 12:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by junkman9096
I guess the thing to do is stay out of collisions for the 2-3 years until they get caught up.
Way to throw a wrench into my bi-annual intentional collision festivities.
Old 5/29/15, 12:38 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I got a recall notice today on my Ford Owners account to have the airbag inflator replaced.
Originally Posted by David Young
I got one too . Early build 2011 v6.
I went to owner.ford.com and was able to find a page where I input my VIN and learned that my car was also affected. I'll call my dealer tomorrow.
This recall has in fact been expanded, guys. Be sure to make an appointment with your Ford Dealer as soon as possible to get it handled. You can schedule an appointment online here. Also, you guys can check here for any recalls applicable to your vehicles.

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
uh oh! I hear this could be really bad news. the airbags can randomly deploy. I read something about this. there's millions of cars (in Canada) being affected by this recall. I wonder if this is related. If yours is affected, might be worth looking into our cars as well. Wonder if Deysha has any insider information.
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I just called the service department. They said that this is a new recall and that it could be years before they get around to it. What he was told is that there is a chance that the airbag may not deploy. He said call back in 6 months and check back.

IF any airbag lights come up on the dashboard, then I will have to call them back and they'd try to get me into another car till its fixed.

otherwise, keep driving it.
Hey JoeMidnight,

As per the NHTSA Administrator Mark Rosekind; he encouraged customers to bring their vehicles in for service as soon as they are notified that parts are available, but that they should continue to drive their vehicles until then.

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
My 2013 GT is NOT on the list. How does that work if all 2010-2014's are affected?
Not sure if the VINs are still in the process of being added, Coyote5-0. I recommend you keep checking the site.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 5/29/15 at 01:13 PM.
Old 5/29/15, 12:42 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I've been thinking about removing the drivers side air bag and just wear a helmet.
Old 5/29/15, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

I just heard back from my dealer's service rep. He said Ford does NOT have any replacement parts at this time and it will probably be third quarter before they do. He said Ford would send out a notice when they have parts

Deysha - is this correct? I realize that Ford can't wiggle its corporate nose and make parts appear when there are none, but we are talking about a device that is responsible for injuries and even deaths, aren't we.

Last edited by tukatz; 5/29/15 at 03:08 PM.
Old 5/29/15, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Very interesting. Yesterday I went to owner.ford.com and input my VIN and it showed that my Mustang had the recall. This morning, for whatever reason, I signed in to my account on owner.ford.com and checked for recalls and it said there were none for my car. I signed out and closed the browser tab, then opened a new tab and went back to the site without signing in and it still said there were no recalls. There must have been something cached. I went to my tablet and the site and entered my VIN and it showed the recall for my car. I used a different browser on my laptop and went to the site (without signing in) and it also showed the recall.

The bottom line is if you check on your VIN do so WITHOUT signing in.
The manufacturer I work for has changed the recall policy for our vehicles. Initially the techs had a tool (It looked like the grocery store price checker) that they would scan the bar code on the inflator. The tool would then tell them to replace the inflator or not. After more info related to Takata surfaced they decided to scrap that plan and just replace every inflator in the effected model. I think they were skeptical Takata even knew for sure which inflators were bad. Not sure if a similar circumstance is related to you seeing mixed results for your Vin? Probably more likely a computer issue of some sorts. And for those folks whose Mustang falls in the Year range but not apart of the recall... Ford may have had more than one supplier for the inflators. You may just have been lucky enough not to get a Takata inflator.
Old 5/29/15, 04:27 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Deysha, I've been getting conflicting information. Ford Owner website says no outstanding recalls on my '13 GT and NHTSA says there is. Past experience with my dealer leads me to conclude that unless I can (figuratively of course) grab them by the back of their heads and point their nose to a notice, they will put me off. Any idea as to when the Ford database will be updated with the (supposed) recall information?
Old 5/29/15, 04:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
Way to throw a wrench into my bi-annual intentional collision festivities.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
Old 5/29/15, 05:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Nevermind: I ran my first vehicle health report and the recall popped up there.

Last edited by junkman9096; 5/29/15 at 05:08 PM.
Old 5/29/15, 11:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
I've been thinking about removing the drivers side air bag and just wear a helmet.

Me too. But it's a federal crime.
Old 5/30/15, 12:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My 2014 GT didn't show up on the Ford site as having a recall. I did it before I signed in and after and got the same results. I guess I will just wait to see if they send me something.

Wayne
Old 5/30/15, 08:28 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2010 didn't show up.
Old 5/30/15, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

I ran a Vehicle Health Report (my first) like junkman and the recall showed up in the report.
Old 5/30/15, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just ran my fiancee's 07 GT and her car showed up for the recall.

Wayne
Old 6/1/15, 06:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I just heard back from my dealer's service rep. He said Ford does NOT have any replacement parts at this time and it will probably be third quarter before they do. He said Ford would send out a notice when they have parts

Deysha - is this correct? I realize that Ford can't wiggle its corporate nose and make parts appear when there are none, but we are talking about a device that is responsible for injuries and even deaths, aren't we.
Development of a replacement service inflator is in process. We are working with our suppliers to expedite parts as quickly as possible, tukatz. I don’t have any info about a “parts notice,” so stay in contact with your dealer.

Also, as per the NHTSA Administrator Mark Rosekind; he encouraged customers to bring their vehicles in for service as soon as they are notified that parts are available, but that they should continue to drive their vehicles until then.

Deysha, I've been getting conflicting information. Ford Owner website says no outstanding recalls on my '13 GT and NHTSA says there is.
Nevermind: I ran my first vehicle health report and the recall popped up there.
It’s no problem, junkman9096.

Originally Posted by 70monte
My 2014 GT didn't show up on the Ford site as having a recall. I did it before I signed in and after and got the same results. I guess I will just wait to see if they send me something.
Originally Posted by crazietj
My 2010 didn't show up.
PM me with your VINs and I'll check on it for you, guys.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 6/1/15 at 06:59 AM.
Old 6/1/15, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My 2014 shows up with no recalls applicable. Makes me wonder.
Old 6/1/15, 07:19 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
My '13 GT is still clear.
Old 6/1/15, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the update, Deysha. And I AM driving her. Hit 31K mile on an overnight road trip this weekend.
Old 6/1/15, 11:50 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Just checked the government site...mine does have the recall notice. Says parts not available yet. Appears to affect the drivers side bag only.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall