Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/13, 01:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Waxed'05 GT
Hopefully you only lose a few thousand then...I looked at some used but after incentives it's often times better to buy new.
I'm going to have my daughter drive it her first 2 years of college. Scott
Old 1/23/13, 06:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by samiwanka1
Thanks Deysha! I'll keep in touch.
No problem.

Originally Posted by sgallison
Yes I will keep them both ......It was either the Ford OR the new C-7 (shame shame) . Scott
That is a great idea, sgallison! She’s one lucky kid!

Deysha
Old 1/23/13, 07:15 AM
V6 Member

Hope it comes back in one piece! And without a ton of dents. Yikes! Unless she has driven high powered cars before... And will she be driving in winter and wet conditions?

Good luck!

Where I grew up lots of kids had very nice cars to drive and all the sporty ones got trashed in one way or another.
Old 1/26/13, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I came across this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8rux...ature=youtu.be
on this site yesterday. It is a 45 minute video - a National Geographic Megafactories episode on the Mustang factory. My wife and I had the opportunity to visit the Jaguar factory in England some years ago at a time when Ford had owned Jaguar for over 10 years. The factory had been totally redesigned by Ford and the parallels between that factory and the Mustang factory were surprising. A couple of examples:
The doors are removed from the car an go off somewhere else to get the wiring, glass, etc. Eventually they are reunited with the same body.
The car is carried through the final assembly area on a mechanism that can lift them to a height that makes the work being done at that station more ergonomically efficient. They can even be tilted.
The drive train is assembled separately and is installed from below. The body is lifted high and the drive train is raised up to be bolted into place.
If you have not already seen this it is worth the time. I am more excited than ever to get my new Mustang.
Old 1/26/13, 08:11 PM
V6 Member

^ I saw this once and was looking for it again just the other day. Thanks for posting. Great vid.
Old 1/27/13, 09:16 AM

Just joined forum today. Ordered 2014 GT/CS manual with glass roof in white on Jan 15th, and just got order# Friday. PM'd Deysha to hopefully get more info on the status. I'm not sure the order has even been accepted by Ford yet. Deysha seems to be much more responsive to queries on this site than my dealer has been. Or I'm being way to impatient.

My first Mustang. Figured I get one before they maybe changed the style to something I won't like.
Old 1/27/13, 09:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gtcs14
Just joined forum today. Ordered 2014 GT/CS manual with glass roof in white on Jan 15th, and just got order# Friday. PM'd Deysha to hopefully get more info on the status. I'm not sure the order has even been accepted by Ford yet. Deysha seems to be much more responsive to queries on this site than my dealer has been. Or I'm being way to impatient.

My first Mustang. Figured I get one before they maybe changed the style to something I won't like.
Let's hope you don't like the new style more

Congrats, and welcome to TMS
Old 1/27/13, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordered 1/24/14
2014 mustang gt premium
Sterling gray metallic
6 Spd MT
Track pack,electronics pack,reverse cam,security/sensing system,recaro seats,shaker pro, over the top black stripe,window louvers and side scoops!!

Got it for 300 under invoice. Now the wait begins!

Priority:10 and got the VOC that day

Last edited by joey8; 1/27/13 at 09:28 AM.
Old 1/27/13, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard gtcs14 and joey8!

I'm also playing the waiting game. My GT SMG TP should get here in late March or early April. Lots of great folks and info around here on TMS! Let your mod planning begin!
Old 1/27/13, 09:46 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still wonder why some get priority 10 and I got priority 15.
Old 1/27/13, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Shhhh
Mom likes us better than she likes you.
Old 1/27/13, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Priority goes from 10 up to 90. From what I was told, it depends on each dealer's allocation - when the dealer has been told, or has requested, he will receive his Mustangs. I was thrilled to hear that my priority code was 15. However, my car will be built in March and won't come until late March or early April, as my dealer doesn't have any Mustangs allocated to him in February. It works out well for me, because I don't want to pick up the car until April anyway, as we'll have snow lingering around here thru most of March at the very least.
Old 1/28/13, 05:22 AM
V6 Member

I had priority 15 as well and it rolled off the assembly line on Friday. So, mom still love you the same! ;-)
Old 1/28/13, 08:53 AM
GT Member

I had priority 15 as well and it rolled off the assembly line on Friday. So, mom still love you the same! ;-)
Awesome. Bet you're excited. I still can't get my window sticker to show up and I ordered only 5 days after you . I'm trying to be patient! .. It's freakin' hard though.
Old 1/28/13, 08:56 AM
V6 Member

Awesome. Bet you're excited. I still can't get my window sticker to show up and I ordered only 5 days after you . I'm trying to be patient! .. It's freakin' hard though.
Hmm. Dealer with low allocation? Sell you mine... And then reorder. Bony look forward to driving her home on salt laden roads, nor waiting 2 weeks after she arrives to pick her up...
Old 1/28/13, 09:07 AM
GT Member

Hmm. Dealer with low allocation? Sell you mine... And then reorder. Bony look forward to driving her home on salt laden roads, nor waiting 2 weeks after she arrives to pick her up...
I don't know.. Maybe because I ordered so many options? Deysha did say it would arrive roughly the 17th of Feb, and the window sticker .. roughly the 30th of this month but people that know me know nothing ever seems to go right with me so I'm very anxious. Until I see some sort of confirmation that something is going right I'm going to be worried haha.
Old 1/28/13, 09:17 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I came across this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8rux...ature=youtu.be
on this site yesterday. It is a 45 minute video - a National Geographic Megafactories episode on the Mustang factory.
Awesome video, tukatz! Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by gtcs14
Originally Posted by joey8
Ordered 1/24/14
2014 mustang gt premium
Sterling gray metallic
6 Spd MT
Track pack,electronics pack,reverse cam,security/sensing system,recaro seats,shaker pro, over the top black stripe,window louvers and side scoops!!
Congrats and welcome to the forum, guys! Thanks for your PMs. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

It should be up around Tuesday, Shhhh.

Deysha
Old 1/28/13, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Gah! You guys are killing me! So stoked! My window sticker should be up within the next couple of days. I keep checking on it like some kind of obsessed maniac.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 1/28/13 at 09:24 AM.
Old 1/28/13, 10:26 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fdesalvo
Gah! You guys are killing me! So stoked! My window sticker should be up within the next couple of days. I keep checking on it like some kind of obsessed maniac.
Oh good ... I'm not the only one!
Old 1/28/13, 10:50 AM
V6 Member

I am so pumped for you all! Be happy that your wait isn't too long. Those of us who ordered gt500's won't get build dates for maybe 2 more months. Anyhow be careful with those new cars on salted and crap winter roads. Get it home and just sit in it in the garage! Make revving and tire sqweeling sounds with your mouth! Haha I know that's what I'd be doing.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread