2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/12 | 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by GreenCars
My car had 37 Miles on it at delivery as well. I was told because of checking car after build, The drive to the rail, rail to the truck etc.. Yada Yada.. I could have turned away delivery but for 37 Miles after waiting 7 weeks I caved.. Plus the gas was only 1/4 tank when I received it. My salesman was in a training function Deysha on this very thread is who told me the car was there. However I am happy with my dealer. Took care of me on so many levels.
Interesting, if it was done at the factory I don't mind, but if it was done by the transporters, I do care. I wasn't going to turn it down either, but it makes you wonder how the initial break in was done.

This car is awesome, 662hp and no top is one of the many things that makes America a great country!
Old 7/11/12 | 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I understand your frustration, UOP Shadow. As I’ve mentioned before, the Shelby is part of our Specialty Vehicle line, production/availability can vary from the typical ordering time frames and not all dealers have the same allocation windows. This means that your vehicle may or may not schedule right away as the rest of them. Your selling dealer should be able to tell you which quarter your GT500 is for. They can also explain their special vehicle allocation to you.
The dealer told me that delivery should be in late September and now I'm told by the builder that it's gonna be December?! Really, 6 months from order to delivery? That's almost DOUBLE the worst case scenario of 12 weeks that I was told when I signed the paperwork.

Has anybody else had to wait 6 months for their Shelby GT500 build?

I was really hoping to be able to spend some time enjoying my new ride before the ancient aliens return on 12,21,2012 and turn us all into mindless, zombie slaves!

Last edited by UOP Shadow; 7/11/12 at 09:30 PM.
Old 7/11/12 | 09:03 PM

All cars are shipped via RAIL to a distribution point then from there to your dealer. The Blend date is your build date 1 -YYYY-MM-DD (the day it is finished at the plant in Flat Rock. Hope that helps..
Wouldn't the sticker say rail?
Old 7/11/12 | 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05BlueGT
Wouldn't the sticker say rail?
No they all say convoy!!
Old 7/11/12 | 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

That's a big 10-4 good buddy.
Old 7/11/12 | 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No they all say convoy!!
Check out this Window Sticker.

Last edited by Snoopy49; 7/11/12 at 09:52 PM.
Old 7/11/12 | 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I won't see my GT this week. It is still sitting on the ramp waiting for a rail car. I wish they would just let you drive out and pick it up at the factory. I hope it gets a spot on the train soon before the summer is over.
Old 7/12/12 | 06:15 AM

Good morning Deysha,
Did they get me on a train or update my ETA? Thank you in advance for any info.
Old 7/12/12 | 07:02 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by Kabooka
With the amazing help and information from Jeff and Deysha, I was able to ask the right questions to my dealer.
Thanks, Kabooka!

Originally Posted by udmtitans12
Hi Deysha,
I sent you a PM hoping for a VIN number and build date, although it may still be too early. Waiting for a new Mustang GT sure is difficult!
Thanks!!
I sent you a response yesterday.

Originally Posted by 1320nut
Hi Deysha,
I too sent you a pm hoping for a VIN and build date on my Shelby. Thanks for always responding to everyone's pm's! I sure appreciate it!
Thanks! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Deysha,
Is it true that all the dealers know which quarter a car will be scheduled when the order is placed. I have asked my dealer and he wasn't able to find the information. Is there any other way to get this information. This is for a GT500.
They should know when their allocation is for, Snoopy49. It’s up to them to share it with you, as this is not customer info.

Originally Posted by 05BlueGT
Hi Deysha,
I sent you a PM for quick update. My window sticker came up today with blend date of the 17th. Can you please let me know what all this means? Ford also says that there is a delivery date of 7/21. I am betting that is going to be changing. The sticker say convoy and I am assuming that is truck from the factory to the dealer.
Thank you for your help.
Gotcha! I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

All cars are shipped via RAIL to a distribution point then from there to your dealer. The Blend date is your build date 1 -YYYY-MM-DD (the day it is finished at the plant in Flat Rock. Hope that helps..
Depending on the distance.

Originally Posted by TrueBlue302
Good morning Deysha,
Did they get me on a train or update my ETA? Thank you in advance for any info.
It’s loaded!

Deysha
Old 7/12/12 | 12:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jshanty
when i started the car it had 30 miles on it. so much for me to be the first driver.
My car had 37 Miles on it at delivery as well. I was told because of checking car after build, The drive to the rail, rail to the truck etc.. Yada Yada.. I could have turned away delivery but for 37 Miles after waiting 7 weeks I caved.. Plus the gas was only 1/4 tank when I received it. My salesman was in a training function Deysha on this very thread is who told me the car was there. However I am happy with my dealer. Took care of me on so many levels.
mine had 34 miles when it came off the truck.. don't think anyone's joy-riding, a lot of them are driven for QC
Old 7/12/12 | 01:55 PM

Good to hear that they have 30+ miles as part of the process. My "other brand" car was delivered with 1 mile on the ODO, this is my first new Ford

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Has anybody else had to wait 6 months for their Shelby GT500 build?
Ordered mine 5/24 and delivered 7/10, but many are waiting much longer.

Last edited by Gone Galt; 7/12/12 at 01:58 PM.
Old 7/12/12 | 03:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

mine had 23 miles on it when it was delivered to me. I know for a fact that it was taken off the truck..into PDI and then brought out under the customer delivery patio. So the majority of the miles on it were definitely BEFORE it was delivered to the dealer.
Old 7/12/12 | 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
mine had 23 miles on it when it was delivered to me. I know for a fact that it was taken off the truck..into PDI and then brought out under the customer delivery patio. So the majority of the miles on it were definitely BEFORE it was delivered to the dealer.
i dont know how many miles were on it when it came off the truck. because the dealer failed to call me when it came in. the only reason i knew the car in was a pm from deysha! she is the only way i knew anything about my order. who knows when the dealer was going to let me know. any way i love the car. its all good will post so photo when i can figure out why i can't upload photos!
Old 7/12/12 | 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
The car I ordered, VIN ending D5236058, was delivered to the dealership with 73 miles, 34 of those miles were noted on a sticker that was applied at the factory by Ford. The other miles were joyride miles by the transportation company. That took place on July 2nd with the order for the original vehicle being placed on 3/24/12. I refused delivery and have attempted to work with Ford to get a replacement vehicle. Not willing to wait one month, let alone 3+ months for the next one to arrive. Summer will be over and I will have wasted my time with Ford. So far those efforts have met with no success. VERY DISCOURAGED HERE

Last edited by Okbeartoy; 7/12/12 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 7/12/12 | 04:02 PM

Hi Deysha,

Sent you a PM. I hope for some good news.
Thanks for all your time & work

Wayne
Old 7/12/12 | 05:45 PM

Ordered mine 22/5 and i dont even have a window sticker yet..............
Old 7/12/12 | 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Okbeartoy
The car I ordered, VIN ending D5236058, was delivered to the dealership with 73 miles, 34 of those miles were noted on a sticker that was applied at the factory by Ford. The other miles were joyride miles by the transportation company.
That's what I'm concerned about. If there was a note from Ford saying that 34 miles were done at Flat Rock, no problem. I guess I'll be working this issue up the food chain at Ford, I'm sure they have a record of how many miles it had on it when it left the plant.
Old 7/12/12 | 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gniac
Ordered mine 22/5 and i dont even have a window sticker yet..............
Thanks for posting. I don't feel quite as bad now. I ordered my GT Prem 6/8 and I have no VIN or build day yet.

Joe C
Old 7/12/12 | 08:09 PM

Ordered my Boss on 5/19. No VIN or build date.
Old 7/12/12 | 08:43 PM

Deysha,
Sent a PM per you instructions for tomorrow. Hoping for a VIN, and build date.
Thanks in advance. This really is a wonderful thing you do.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread