2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/11, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lirathal
My god... All this whining about certain colours and combos... The Mustang is not a bespoke vehicle. It is a mass market, high-volume vehicle. To make money, you have to limit options to the consumer. Plain, simple and easy to understand. If Ford were to offer a bespoke Mustang you'd easily add $100,000 to the price. So if you don't see what you like for 2013, get your order in for 2012, and stop crying about it already!
Really? You think using pre-existing paint, from other model lines, and interior colors that are already on hand and just putting the two together would add 100k to a car?

Several brands offer custom color combos. Not even in the same league as that kind of premium.

They could easily do it for under 1200 dollars their cost and charge us 2k and everyone would be happy. I see nothing wrong with a 65% profit margin and neither do most businesses.

I do agree that it is a mass market vehicle and built to maximize profit but why should that prevent us from waxing hypothetical or griping a little.
Old 12/20/11, 06:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Hey guys,

New member here specifically because I've been reading the forums for info on the '13 GT500's and have seen more than a few knowledgeable posters along with people that apparently have some access to creating/taking orders for the Shelby. My wife and I are looking to order our GT500 spec'd out exactly to our wishes. It's going to be a keeper for us. I've spoken to some local dealerships here (San Antonio, TX) but I'm having trouble getting them to help me out/shoot straight with me. I've noticed there are a couple of folks here who are willing to help others place their orders. I would be grateful for any help/info/advice that they or anyone else could offer. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance and it's good to be here!
Old 12/20/11, 07:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Hey guys,

New member here specifically because I've been reading the forums for info on the '13 GT500's and have seen more than a few knowledgeable posters along with people that apparently have some access to creating/taking orders for the Shelby. My wife and I are looking to order our GT500 spec'd out exactly to our wishes. It's going to be a keeper for us. I've spoken to some local dealerships here (San Antonio, TX) but I'm having trouble getting them to help me out/shoot straight with me. I've noticed there are a couple of folks here who are willing to help others place their orders. I would be grateful for any help/info/advice that they or anyone else could offer. I would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance and it's good to be here!
Hey buddy, welcome to the site. Feel free to give me a call at the number in my signature. I can discuss all about the car and give you some straight answers. I'm at work all day Tuesday. Look forward to chatting with you.

Jeff
Old 12/20/11, 08:00 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello guys,

I don’t think the Price List will be out until next year. I am still super exited for the 2013 Model to start building and arriving. Remember, once you guys order hit me up for tracking!

Deysha
Old 12/20/11, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Will do!!! I am certainly excited about ordering my 2013 BOSS 302 in Gotta Have It Green!!!!
Old 12/20/11, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I should've never downloaded the guide. If I do order, I'm torn between sterling gray, ignot silver, or performance white. It would definitely be a GT/CS 402a, comfort, technology, nav, auto, glass roof. I'm really curious about pricing too. With some great standard features, hid, track apps, etc I can only imagine my ideal package to be around $39-42k with x-plan.
Old 12/20/11, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Hytek
I should've never downloaded the guide. If I do order, I'm torn between sterling gray, ignot silver, or performance white. It would definitely be a GT/CS 402a, comfort, technology, nav, auto, glass roof. I'm really curious about pricing too. With some great standard features, hid, track apps, etc I can only imagine my ideal package to be around $39-42k with x-plan.
Hey John, PM me your options and I'll price out a 2012, just to get an idea on what that works out to be so you have a decent starting price.
Old 12/20/11, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey buddy, welcome to the site!! Where in europe are you from? I sold several cars to Germany and Switzerland and both guys love them. The recaro seats are manual and may have a little more height leeway since they aren't on a power track (but I'm not sure). I'm 6" and have a 34" inseam and I had plenty of leg room. The steering wheel is a pain but it will most likely be recitified come the new car in 2014. Any questions, let any of us know. We're always here to help out a fellow Mustang enthusiast, especially overseas fellows who don't get to see them as often.
thx for response i´m from germany the home of krauteaters
we have some importeurs but with tax, shipping and and and the relative cheap US Stang´s becomes expensive; GT is about 40000€.
The Camaro "Europe" which we now can offer directly is near the same but seems a bit better in quality inside.
Why the heck Ford doesn´t sell this here ? .... but the car´s where much more stresssed here at Autobahn; always accelerating and braking down....Brakes on GT are not good enough after some braking from higher speeds (over 110mph) .... 14"disc looks and perform really small in 19" or 20" wheels; so im glad to hear in the 2013 to get the Brembo´s in automatic version.

so i have no Stang importeur near around here and it would be nice getting some information about the nwer 2013 with Recaro´s or if the standard seats could be more adjustable.

I´m looking for a GT autom. with Edelbrock 5psi charger because most " "enemies" of those "premiums" are now little but fast turbo´s with big torque out of the cellar like A5 TFSI or Mercedes factory supercharged.

sure the GT is not bad but supercharger is a must for me and I did´nt care one bit of Ford´s warranty....Shelby´s are nice sure but not available with automatic....so i must stick with a GT ?

most importeurs say they can only offer car´s with Ford spec. ... no chance for a aftermarked supercharger ? if not I´ll try to do it myself with Edelbrock´s and hope our technical controllers will pass it and it fit the Euro5 Norm after installing.
Old 12/20/11, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Hey John, PM me your options and I'll price out a 2012, just to get an idea on what that works out to be so you have a decent starting price.
Will do thanks!
Old 12/20/11, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Urps

Really? You think using pre-existing paint, from other model lines, and interior colors that are already on hand and just putting the two together would add 100k to a car?

Several brands offer custom color combos. Not even in the same league as that kind of premium.

They could easily do it for under 1200 dollars their cost and charge us 2k and everyone would be happy. I see nothing wrong with a 65% profit margin and neither do most businesses.

I do agree that it is a mass market vehicle and built to maximize profit but why should that prevent us from waxing hypothetical or griping a little.

So A + B always = C right? 2+2 always =4 right? Wrong. The business is there to make money. Bottom line. At some point the decision was made to cut a certain colour combo, or make a RECARO seat manual only... It was made because of a profit/loss calc somewhere. I just don't see the point in whining about it. It's not going to change this thread in to a petition.
Old 12/20/11, 05:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ericc B

They can't stop that anyway. Audi for example knows this and is smart enough to make money off of it instead of belittling their clients. For $2500 they factory paint your car in ANY color you want.
You know, this is a great idea. I would have gladly paid an extra couple grand for custom color factory paint. In my case 93 Mustang Callypso green, the color of my first car.

Another thing I'd like to see is a plant pickup option like the Corvette and some Porsches. Ford obviously knows the Mustang has a cult following. They could make money off this!

Why Ford and other manufacturers limit (factory available) color combo choices is beyond me. It's not like they do anything different to put a red interior in a gray car (for example.) These are all standard parts that they already offer. So what's the big deal?
Old 12/20/11, 09:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by jtmears
You know, this is a great idea. I would have gladly paid an extra couple grand for custom color factory paint. In my case 93 Mustang Callypso green, the color of my first car.

Another thing I'd like to see is a plant pickup option like the Corvette and some Porsches. Ford obviously knows the Mustang has a cult following. They could make money off this!

Why Ford and other manufacturers limit (factory available) color combo choices is beyond me. It's not like they do anything different to put a red interior in a gray car (for example.) These are all standard parts that they already offer. So what's the big deal?
I agree JTmears.... custom option it out, and Ford still can make money, then customer is happy. Win win.

btw, did you get your car yet?
Old 12/21/11, 06:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey guys, just trying to burn some time b4 the price guide comes out... This might be kind of a noob question but ive never had a RWD before so help me out. My question pertains to the TORSEN rear diff option.

First off, with the TORSEN option u still have a "live rear axel" correct? I assume it improves upon the existing archaic "rla" technology but distributes torque better from a dig and around corners.

Second, can i expect a fairly significant increase in acceleration and 1/4 mile times with the TORSEN?

And any other interesting tidbits about the TORSEN option is much appreciated.
Old 12/21/11, 06:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO

First off, with the TORSEN option u still have a "live rear axel" correct? I assume it improves upon the existing archaic "rla" technology but distributes torque better from a dig and around corners.
The Panhard rod is what improves upon the live rear axle as compared to the last generation Mustang. The Torsen differential replaces the standard clutch-pack limited slip differential.

Second, can i expect a fairly significant increase in acceleration and 1/4 mile times with the TORSEN?
The benefits of the Torsen differential can be more readily seen when applying power under cornering.

And any other interesting tidbits about the TORSEN option is much appreciated.
A primer from Ford about the Torsen differential can be found here.
Old 12/21/11, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mmmmm good info. So how much are we thinking the Brembo Race Package is going to cost?
Old 12/21/11, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Mmmmm good info. So how much are we thinking the Brembo Race Package is going to cost?
I would love to know that too, cant remember where i saw this or why but i have ~3500 in my head.

Also can any of a dealer buddies confirm this?
My dealer wants me to send him the spec of the stang that I want and he will plug it into the computer, he said he can get prices for the car. I didn't feel like arguing with him any idea if he is clueless or can u do this?
Old 12/21/11, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kobrag
I would love to know that too, cant remember where i saw this or why but i have ~3500 in my head.

My dealer wants me to send him the spec of the stang that I want and he will plug it into the computer, he said he can get prices for the car. I didn't feel like arguing with him any idea if he is clueless or can u do this?
Haha, my dealer just told me to come in and spec it out they supposedly have the price list too. We'll see if theyre bluffing or not.
Old 12/21/11, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Haha, my dealer just told me to come in and spec it out they supposedly have the price list too. We'll see if theyre bluffing or not.
Just spec it out and sending email cant wait to see what bs comes back
Old 12/21/11, 01:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Just spec it out and sending email cant wait to see what bs comes back
Hey guys, what will come back will definitely be BS!!! I just checked and there are NO prices for 2013s yet. No price list, no prices in CONCEPTS! I have a feeling they will price out a 2012 and think its a 2013. Just a thought.

Kobrag, I got your PM. I just finished up with a customer. I'll work on it ASAP for you.
Old 12/21/11, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

I agree JTmears.... custom option it out, and Ford still can make money, then customer is happy. Win win.

btw, did you get your car yet?
Nope. It was on the line last Wednesday though. Deysha has been awesome with the updates as usual!

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists