Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/11, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cocojoe53
Recaro makes many different seats. The Caddie seat is seriously intended for their core customer who has a wider rump. Do we really want a power., heated Recaro in a Mustang?
Yes........
Old 12/17/11, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I drove my car for to bring it home 600 miles the day I bought it. Very comfortable seats.
How tall/wide are you if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12/17/11, 05:44 PM
GT Member

I am ready to order - where are the prices already???

Old 12/17/11, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

+100
I have two clean trade ins with low miles and hole in my pocket, which coincidentally comes in handy when I look at pictures of the 2013 GT500.
Old 12/17/11, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Don't think Recaro makes power/heated seats.

IMO what is really stupid is that Ford won't let you spec any available exterior color with any available interior color.

Why should they care if I want saddle leather with a grabber blue car, just give it to me!!!
Marketeers are control freakish about "image" of the model and brand. Industrial designers are similar but from an artistic angle.

Essentially they don't want someone driving around in a car of a color combination they consider to be ugly under the notion that other people will see it and be turned off from buying one of their own.

I would humorously joke about weird color combinations for products, usually made up of pieces already in the inventory. The humor wasn't much appreciated.
Old 12/17/11, 06:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kpd3014
I have two clean trade ins with low miles and hole in my pocket, which coincidentally comes in handy when I look at pictures of the 2013 GT500.
Old 12/17/11, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I went into a local Ford dealer today to get a feel for the various options on a Mustang (don't have one now, want to order the 2013). The sales guy told me to my face that I'm lying about a 2013 order guide being available to view. I wasn't even arguing with him about it, I just wanted to sit in a GT500 with leather Recaros (very nice btw) and look at the wheels and spoilers and whatnot. It's like he didn't want my money...
Old 12/17/11, 09:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by dogiebitt
I went into a local Ford dealer today to get a feel for the various options on a Mustang (don't have one now, want to order the 2013). The sales guy told me to my face that I'm lying about a 2013 order guide being available to view. I wasn't even arguing with him about it, I just wanted to sit in a GT500 with leather Recaros (very nice btw) and look at the wheels and spoilers and whatnot. It's like he didn't want my money...
print it out, go back and give it to him, then tell him you're going someplace else to buy your car.. i can't stand ppl like that

edit: if u don't feel like going back, go to their website under Quick Contact, and write what happened, they usually take what you write there seriously and someone who knows what there doing will call you.

Last edited by cinque35; 12/17/11 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12/18/11, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
print it out, go back and give it to him, then tell him you're going someplace else to buy your car.. i can't stand ppl like that

edit: if u don't feel like going back, go to their website under Quick Contact, and write what happened, they usually take what you write there seriously and someone who knows what there doing will call you.
Right after I walked away from that guy, I went to the very nice girl at the front desk and asked if there is anyone that's a mustang guy that works there. 4 people, 3 of whom were some type of manager I think, walked up and all started arguing over who is the biggest 'mustang guy' that works there. Next week I'm gonna give him a call

Also, I think I'm being pre-judged due to my age when I walk into the dealership. I'm under 30 and I think that they think I'm just messing around? Next time I'm tempted to start the conversation with "Hello <sales person name>, how long have you been selling cars?"
Old 12/18/11, 05:29 AM
V6 Member

Also, I think I'm being pre-judged due to my age when I walk into the dealership.
A very common problem that has caused many salesmen a lot of commissions around the globe
Old 12/18/11, 05:45 AM
GTR Member

Right after I walked away from that guy, I went to the very nice girl at the front desk and asked if there is anyone that's a mustang guy that works there. 4 people, 3 of whom were some type of manager I think, walked up and all started arguing over who is the biggest 'mustang guy' that works there. Next week I'm gonna give him a call

Also, I think I'm being pre-judged due to my age when I walk into the dealership. I'm under 30 and I think that they think I'm just messing around? Next time I'm tempted to start the conversation with "Hello <sales person name>, how long have you been selling cars?"
I've been in that boat as well (26 here). Most of the time if you go in, don't act cocky, and show you know what you're talking about, they'll deal with you. I had no problems shopping for a 2010 or 2011 and getting talked down to. Don't be afraid to walk though. Spending your money on a car is one of the biggest purchases in your life, you should find someone who will respect you during that process. I was fortunate to have a recommendation for a dealer and sales guy that was fantastic.
Old 12/18/11, 05:51 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
I've been in that boat as well (26 here). Most of the time if you go in, don't act cocky, and show you know what you're talking about, they'll deal with you. I had no problems shopping for a 2010 or 2011 and getting talked down to. Don't be afraid to walk though. Spending your money on a car is one of the biggest purchases in your life, you should find someone who will respect you during that process. I was fortunate to have a recommendation for a dealer and sales guy that was fantastic.
I agree 100%. Some of these sales folks really are retarded. Just be willing to walk away if they treat you like crap. But in reality though, once they "know" you have the means to purchase a vehicle, they start groveling at your feet. By that point, I make sure they EARN my business.
Old 12/18/11, 10:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT12
Essentially they don't want someone driving around in a car of a color combination they consider to be ugly under the notion that other people will see it and be turned off from buying one of their own.
They can't stop that anyway. Audi for example knows this and is smart enough to make money off of it instead of belittling their clients. For $2500 they factory paint your car in ANY color you want.
Old 12/18/11, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

This is killing me...I hope the price guide comes out on Monday...that new GT/CS looks AMAZING...I wonder what the interior of that will look like with the suede inserts and or coloring?
Old 12/18/11, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
This is killing me...I hope the price guide comes out on Monday...that new GT/CS looks AMAZING...I wonder what the interior of that will look like with the suede inserts and or coloring?
I don't think the interior will be any different then the 2011-12

Correction: they are calling the material on the seats something different from Carbon. Miko which as you stated seems to be a suede insert of some sort. my bad.

Last edited by going for broke; 12/18/11 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12/19/11, 08:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericc B
A very common problem that has caused many salesmen a lot of commissions around the globe
Originally Posted by Overboost
Guys, its places like these that really PI$$ me off!!! I wish you all lived near me as buying a Mustang would be the most fun process you've ever had in buying a car if you came to me. Plus, I'm only 35 but look like I'm 25 so the whole "sleezey salesperson" vibe isn't around here.

Dogiebitt, I can't believe that one salesperson argued with you over the order guide. He obviously doesn't do his job all that well if he's not looking on the Ford dealer site much.
Old 12/19/11, 08:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Forkmachine
I am ready to order - where are the prices already???

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
Its still not out fellas!! Like I said, they rushed out the guide as it was online elsewhere, but don't expect the prices to be revealed until maybe by the end of the year.
Old 12/19/11, 10:28 AM

seat for tall people

Originally Posted by bpmurr
How tall/wide are you if you don't mind me asking?
first post,
hi to all
congrats to the persistence of your car makers producing big powerfull and reliable engines compared with relative simple car which every reasonable experienced blacksmith (including me ) around the corner can repair
instead of our in many aspects overdone, co2 freaking, downsized "hightech" cars which they called "premium"

I´m really like those newer Stang´s but I have not enough legroom and my knee bumps on the panel. a few days later i recognized at a chevy dealer that chevy export now their Camaro in Europe edition to us and really i´ve much better legroom and seat is going more down and more backwards.....but the frontscreen is so flat i´ve problems to look straight ..but perfect suncover
so what i like to know is if the Recaro´s give a bit more adjustment range for tall people ? i´m 6,56" ... but the stang is a big car and there is enough space to the rearseat.
another bad thing is the missing teleskop steering wheel and i did´nt goes up enough...a bit to near to the leg´s .... all in all not comfortable sitting in that usual configuration.
Old 12/19/11, 02:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by krauteater
first post,
hi to all
congrats to the persistence of your car makers producing big powerfull and reliable engines compared with relative simple car which every reasonable experienced blacksmith (including me ) around the corner can repair
instead of our in many aspects overdone, co2 freaking, downsized "hightech" cars which they called "premium"

I´m really like those newer Stang´s but I have not enough legroom and my knee bumps on the panel. a few days later i recognized at a chevy dealer that chevy export now their Camaro in Europe edition to us and really i´ve much better legroom and seat is going more down and more backwards.....but the frontscreen is so flat i´ve problems to look straight ..but perfect suncover
so what i like to know is if the Recaro´s give a bit more adjustment range for tall people ? i´m 6,56" ... but the stang is a big car and there is enough space to the rearseat.
another bad thing is the missing teleskop steering wheel and i did´nt goes up enough...a bit to near to the leg´s .... all in all not comfortable sitting in that usual configuration.
Hey buddy, welcome to the site!! Where in europe are you from? I sold several cars to Germany and Switzerland and both guys love them. The recaro seats are manual and may have a little more height leeway since they aren't on a power track (but I'm not sure). I'm 6" and have a 34" inseam and I had plenty of leg room. The steering wheel is a pain but it will most likely be recitified come the new car in 2014. Any questions, let any of us know. We're always here to help out a fellow Mustang enthusiast, especially overseas fellows who don't get to see them as often.
Old 12/20/11, 01:43 AM
V6 Member

My god... All this whining about certain colours and combos... The Mustang is not a bespoke vehicle. It is a mass market, high-volume vehicle. To make money, you have to limit options to the consumer. Plain, simple and easy to understand. If Ford were to offer a bespoke Mustang you'd easily add $100,000 to the price. So if you don't see what you like for 2013, get your order in for 2012, and stop crying about it already!

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists