Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/11, 12:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by av99gt
Why did they have to lump the reverse sensing with the active anti-theft!!! I see they started this with the 12MY, but the sensors are SO ugly!

Wonder if you buy the anti-theft parts and add them ??
That can't be done. The system uses a gyro sensor for the inclination of the car in the event of a tow truck lifting it up. That sensor goes off if the incline is too steep when the system is set. Plus the sensors when the window is down for the intrusion alarm.
Old 12/14/11, 01:52 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by av99gt
Why did they have to lump the reverse sensing with the active anti-theft!!! I see they started this with the 12MY, but the sensors are SO ugly!

Wonder if you buy the anti-theft parts and add them ??

the wiring harness is what drives the bundling of the anti theft and reverse sense

Originally Posted by bpmurr
I wonder if the Shaker system actually got better speakers and an AMP or if it's just a rename?
there are new actual parts in this system

Last edited by Stinger1982; 12/14/11 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12/14/11, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Really weird that they don't allow pony projector mirrors when you pay a hefty markup for Recaros. It ends up a poor man's option that way.
Old 12/14/11, 04:19 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by Ericc B
Really weird that they don't allow pony projector mirrors when you pay a hefty markup for Recaros. It ends up a poor man's option that way.
the Recaros are only offered with the 400A package (base of the premiums) and the recaros are not power so the wiring harness is different. Not weird just bundling of options based on harnesses
Old 12/14/11, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Still do not understand why they wont make the power/heated Recaro seats.
Old 12/15/11, 01:23 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
the Recaros are only offered with the 400A package (base of the premiums) and the recaros are not power so the wiring harness is different. Not weird just bundling of options based on harnesses
Yeah I understand that but it still makes no sense to deny customers who actually buy the more expensive spec a cool new option. That's just bad business.

There is no law that says you can't put the same wiring harness in every car, even if you don't use all the extensions. Many manufacturers actually do exactly that because it reduces development costs, stocking costs and complexity at the assembly line.

Audi for example puts a bluetooth module in every car because it's cheaper than having two different core ice units. Whether it actually is functioning or not depends on the spec level your order and is determined by software.
Old 12/15/11, 07:55 AM
V6 Member

Yeah I understand that but it still makes no sense to deny customers who actually buy the more expensive spec a cool new option. That's just bad business.
Agreed, that's just silly. So, if I want a Boss with Recaros, I don't get pony projectors?!
Old 12/15/11, 08:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What's really crazy about options is that no matter what seats you get in a GT500 (2010-2012) .. you cannot get the comfort package with heated seats.
Old 12/15/11, 08:14 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no law that says you can't put the same wiring harness in every car, even if you don't use all the extensions. Many manufacturers actually do exactly that because it reduces development costs, stocking costs and complexity at the assembly line.

Audi for example puts a bluetooth module in every car because it's cheaper than having two different core ice units. Whether it actually is functioning or not depends on the spec level your order and is determined by software.
Seats are expensive to develop and test. Any change to the seat requires crash testing IIRC, which costs a lot of money. A co-worker used to work for Lear and was explaining how much goes into it. Even something simple like a power seat instead of a manual seat costs a lot to tool & test, which might deter them from offering it.
Old 12/15/11, 08:19 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Cobrakev
Still do not understand why they wont make the power/heated Recaro seats.
Don't think Recaro makes power/heated seats.

IMO what is really stupid is that Ford won't let you spec any available exterior color with any available interior color.

Why should they care if I want saddle leather with a grabber blue car, just give it to me!!!
Old 12/15/11, 08:25 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Don't think Recaro makes power/heated seats.

IMO what is really stupid is that Ford won't let you spec any available exterior color with any available interior color.

Why should they care if I want saddle leather with a grabber blue car, just give it to me!!!
This. I totally think Ford should allow any interior color with any exterior color. There is NO reason from a logistical standpoint that would hinder this. The only thing I could think of to prevent dealers from ordering wild color combos would be forcing them to submit a drivers license or have the customer pay a small fee ($50-100) to allow a "custom" combination.

I think GB/saddle would look pretty slick actually.
Old 12/15/11, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
This. I totally think Ford should allow any interior color with any exterior color. There is NO reason from a logistical standpoint that would hinder this. The only thing I could think of to prevent dealers from ordering wild color combos would be forcing them to submit a drivers license or have the customer pay a small fee ($50-100) to allow a "custom" combination.

I think GB/saddle would look pretty slick actually.
i think GB/saddle would look pretty good. I could understand them not allowing green with red which might not get sold until 2020 mustang is released or something like that but like i mentioned before grey/red is available from almost every manufacturer that offers a red interior....

i'm thinking ford might lose a few customers over this, but realistically the majority will likely select something different, its sad that ppl will have to compromise on a 30-40k purchase. tho right now i am feeling i will be in the minority and just pass on a 2013 if i cant get it how i want.
Old 12/15/11, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

My life would have certainty if Ford would just release the prices already!
Old 12/15/11, 09:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Offering more choices affects production costs. If more people had ordered the color combo in the past, they would probably be offering it.
Old 12/15/11, 10:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
My life would have certainty if Ford would just release the prices already!
Wish I had good news for you buddy, but sadly I don't!
Old 12/15/11, 10:37 AM
GTR Member

Per a lunch conversation with some members here, we agreed that all Deep Impact Blue cars with nav should have Morgan Freeman as your Sync/nav voice.
Old 12/15/11, 02:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Seats are expensive to develop and test. Any change to the seat requires crash testing IIRC, which costs a lot of money.
Okay now that I can understand and it would explain why there is no electric Recaro's. Personally I don't care that much about electric seats since I only set them once anyway.

But what I don't get is what the problem would be with having a universal wiring harness and just not using the seat connector in cars that don't have electric seats.
Old 12/15/11, 02:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Stinger1982
the Recaros are only offered with the 400A package (base of the premiums)
Also available on the 300A & 301A "base" GT's.
Old 12/15/11, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not going to quote ten different people about basically the same thing but heres my take on the recaros and option packaging.
I can't tell you how many people have talked about having a "base car" and wanting to set it up for the track. The recaro option lets you do just that. Base Car, recaros, go to the track. Personally I wouldnt want to sit in a recaro seat for an extended period of time vs. the stock seating. If however I did want a sport seat for tracking my car or taking my driving to the next level I wouldn't want the extra weight and or options of having it power/heated. It's just kind of an oxymoron IMO. Just like the seats in the boss being cloth..they are cloth because they grip you better for cornering.
I think Ford does a great job packaging up these cars for the most part. It's tough to please everyone and still be able to make a car profitable.
I was in the market for a large SUV recently and was looking at the infiniti qx series. There were four option packages available for the SUV and you had to get the first pkg. to get the second one and get the second one to get the third and so on.. ultimately that lead me to go elsewhere for my purchase. It would be like saying you had to get navigation to get the comfotrt package and you had to get the comfort package to get the shaker pro etc.. Now that was a poor deal.

Some have also spoke of interior colors, They would only not offer a combo because of lack of popularity. I know some of you think some combos look good but if they aren't popular they don't want to offer them. You would have idiot sales managers ordering cars without realizing what a combo might look like thus never selling. We also have to remember that we are just a small group of mustang owners. I know because of some of the love we feel towards our cars it's hard to believe that other owners don't spend half of thier free time on an internet forum but i'm afraid thats the case.

Bottom line there is a huge aftermarket following for our cars to make it what the factory can't so embrace that and truly make it your own.
Old 12/15/11, 07:17 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Personally I wouldnt want to sit in a recaro seat for an extended period of time vs. the stock seating.
The Recaros are super comfy for long distance driving.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists