2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/11, 02:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VALCAD
BRING BACK GREY/RED COMBO!!!!! please
They've had that color combo for years.. idk why they dropped it in '13.
even the '05 consept was grey/red. really stupid move

Old 12/13/11, 04:52 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Originally Posted by xlover
lol I tried that and it got rejected. i guess ford fashion police don't want to hear any critiques
Sounds ANTIFORDSOCIAL!

KC
Old 12/13/11, 06:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I understand the Sterling Grey/Brick Red situation, you can't order a 2012 with that combo either. When SG went away, so did that combo. And when they brought it back, it was no longer an option. BUT, you can get Deep Impact Blue with a red interior...go figure.

BRING BACK GREY/RED COMBO!!!!! please

This is true... I had my heart set on SG/Red but it wasn't available so I ordered Kona/Red based on a couple pics I found and liked. Once I saw the car in person I was in love. It looks great, and the interior really pops with the glass roof. Unfortunately the car arrived with some shipping damage so I declined delivery and ordered another identical one. #2 is supposed to be built tomorrow.
Old 12/13/11, 07:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Silver cars with red interiors are just killer looking. What is with Ford not offering a red interior on a silver car ? What were they thinking when they decided that ?
Old 12/13/11, 07:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jtmears
This is true... I had my heart set on SG/Red but it wasn't available so I ordered Kona/Red based on a couple pics I found and liked. Once I saw the car in person I was in love. It looks great, and the interior really pops with the glass roof. Unfortunately the car arrived with some shipping damage so I declined delivery and ordered another identical one. #2 is supposed to be built tomorrow.
post some pics of that as soon as you get it!
Old 12/13/11, 07:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Silver cars with red interiors are just killer looking. What is with Ford not offering a red interior on a silver car ? What were they thinking when they decided that ?
You can get Silver/Red. There's a 2012 GT coupe on my local dealer lot right nowin that combo. My 05 was Silver/Red and it looked great. Silver's such an easy color to keep clean too. I'm gonna miss that with Kona, but i wanted something different.
Old 12/13/11, 09:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I did order a GT/CS coupe in DIB with silver CS stripes!! Just mad I can't put in the security system in the CS
You can order it with a stripe color other than black now? If so that would make my day
Old 12/13/11, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I have thought about the Kona/Red combo. Best exterior + best interior color = stunning car. Exciting to walk up to it and stunning when you are sitting in it.

But I like the Grey/Red just a little better. Plus resale.
Old 12/13/11, 10:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
You can order it with a stripe color other than black now? If so that would make my day
Consider your day made.
Old 12/14/11, 06:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The price list is still not available yet. I'm hoping to see it just pop up all of a sudden!! When its there it will be posted.
Old 12/14/11, 06:39 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Consider your day made.

Is the only other option silver though? Or can you get other colors (white, blue, or red)? Haven't decided on what color stripes I want yet. Either white gtcs, blue or red le mans stripes, red with white stripes, or the new blue with white stripes. If the CS stripe is stuck black or silver though it would probably need to be removed
Old 12/14/11, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SkyyPunk

Is the only other option silver though? Or can you get other colors (white, blue, or red)? Haven't decided on what color stripes I want yet. Either white gtcs, blue or red le mans stripes, red with white stripes, or the new blue with white stripes. If the CS stripe is stuck black or silver though it would probably need to be removed
CS stripes will either be black or silver this year. That said, I'm sure there will be aftermarket companies that offer other colors that you could buy later on.
Old 12/14/11, 07:54 AM

The price list is still not available yet. I'm hoping to see it just pop up all of a sudden!! When its there it will be posted.
Do you have any idea of when this might happen? Days or weeks?

I am looking for an approx idea of the GT track package and recaro options, as I am sure most others on here are.
Old 12/14/11, 07:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
lol I tried that and it got rejected. i guess ford fashion police don't want to hear any critiques
Ouch, I didn't know we "rejected" ideas.

Originally Posted by jtmears
This is true... I had my heart set on SG/Red but it wasn't available so I ordered Kona/Red based on a couple pics I found and liked. Once I saw the car in person I was in love.
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I have thought about the Kona/Red combo. Best exterior + best interior color = stunning car. Exciting to walk up to it and stunning when you are sitting in it.
But I like the Grey/Red just a little better. Plus resale.
I still recommend all of you get together and submit your idea to FordSocial. The more the merrier.

Deysha
Old 12/14/11, 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dtronic
Do you have any idea of when this might happen? Days or weeks?

I am looking for an approx idea of the GT track package and recaro options, as I am sure most others on here are.
I wish I did buddy, I really do. I feel that Ford rushed the release of the order guide early since early copies were online elsewhere. When they release an order guide, the price list is usually with it on a separate PDF file. I hope its released in the next week or two, but I can't be certain.

For the options you request, I am going to estimate a good guess on the Recaro seats as being about a $1,600 opiton as that is how much it is in the GT500 for 2012.

As for the track pack, that I can't guess yet. I hope this helps I'm sorry I can't do any more.
Old 12/14/11, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Ouch, I didn't know we "rejected" ideas.

Deysha
I think the biggest issue most of us have is that there is no apparent reason why they took away the combo.
They offered it in 10-11. The will be making 13s in sterling grey, they will be making 13s with brick red interior. i dont see why they cant be built together.
Its not like we are asking for a color or interior thats not available, or a combo that has never been offered. grey/red is color combo that is offered on many vehicles across a variety of brands.

...it just doesn't make sense
Old 12/14/11, 09:43 AM
GT Member

Question

Why did they have to lump the reverse sensing with the active anti-theft!!! I see they started this with the 12MY, but the sensors are SO ugly!

Wonder if you buy the anti-theft parts and add them ??
Old 12/14/11, 10:47 AM

I wish I did buddy, I really do. I feel that Ford rushed the release of the order guide early since early copies were online elsewhere. When they release an order guide, the price list is usually with it on a separate PDF file. I hope its released in the next week or two, but I can't be certain.

For the options you request, I am going to estimate a good guess on the Recaro seats as being about a $1,600 opiton as that is how much it is in the GT500 for 2012.

As for the track pack, that I can't guess yet. I hope this helps I'm sorry I can't do any more.
Thanks for replying. I talked to my dealer today and he doesn't know. I was thinking the GT track pack would be around $2 - 2.5k. I was basing that on the Recaro & Torsen option for the 2012 Boss. But it's just a guess. You take out the recaros and add the better cooling for around same price...

I wonder what the price difference on the cloth vs leather recaros will be and if that is a choice or the difference between premium and standard.
Old 12/14/11, 11:19 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the biggest issue most of us have is that there is no apparent reason why they took away the combo.
They offered it in 10-11. The will be making 13s in sterling grey, they will be making 13s with brick red interior. i dont see why they cant be built together.
Its not like we are asking for a color or interior thats not available, or a combo that has never been offered.
I understand, xlover. Maybe we can make the demand for it bigger and hope for something to change soon.

Deysha
Old 12/14/11, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dtronic
Thanks for replying. I talked to my dealer today and he doesn't know. I was thinking the GT track pack would be around $2 - 2.5k. I was basing that on the Recaro & Torsen option for the 2012 Boss. But it's just a guess. You take out the recaros and add the better cooling for around same price...

I wonder what the price difference on the cloth vs leather recaros will be and if that is a choice or the difference between premium and standard.
Glad to help buddy. I have a feeling there won't be much of a difference on price for cloth vs leather on the Recaros. Just a guess though.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists