Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/12, 08:00 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Sweet, how does the color look in person??

I have always been a yellow and black fan, so I am a bit partial to the color. It is a good shade of yellow though. The biggest thing about the 2013's you notice are the stripes and their reflective nature. The color was going from silver to black on the stripes in the sun. Pretty cool. I am eager to see the car clean tomorrow.
Old 4/16/12, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jason29
I have always been a yellow and black fan, so I am a bit partial to the color. It is a good shade of yellow though. The biggest thing about the 2013's you notice are the stripes and their reflective nature. The color was going from silver to black on the stripes in the sun. Pretty cool. I am eager to see the car clean tomorrow.
Just curious, I have a deposit on a GHIG, but never saw the SBY in person before I decided. Another dealer might have the SBY in before my GHIG so who knows, lol.
Old 4/17/12, 12:29 AM
Cobra Member

QUOTE="Jason29"] told the dealer to PDI and clean it and I would pick it up tomorrow
[/QUOTE]

I am eager to see the car clean tomorrow.
Pardon my craziness but I would NEVER let anyone but myself wash my car. As soon as I read that you had the dealer detail your car I died a little inside hehe. I learned that lesson the hard way. I had a dealer "detail" my 12 when I got it... They used terry towels and especially since my car had been sitting so long, all that dirt from the wash and their towels scratched the shiz out of my clear coat. The paint was swirled like you wouldn't believe and it had severe water spots. It took me 2 days of polishing with a professional buffer and I never got the swirls completely out.

When they replaced my bumper under warranty and they painted the new one, even that was swirled and scratched after they "buffed" it. They blamed the high winds on that one...

As I was ordering my 13, I was adamant about making sure the car is completely untouched by the dealer. I even told them the tape and seat covers should be untouched.

As you can tell, I am crazy when it comes to paint (among other things). I think it's highly justified. I love my cars very much and I want to help keep them looking as good as possible for as long as possible.

I hope you realize my intentions are not to make you feel bad or insult you. I just think your car should get the treatment it deserves. The monkeys over at the dealer couldn't care less about your car or it's finish, to them I'm sure it's just another car they have to wash. I think you should give your car some paint care once you pick it up. Let me know if you want some pointers. Btw I love that color and car, great taste!

Last edited by Sky Hye; 4/17/12 at 12:39 AM.
Old 4/17/12, 12:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye

Pardon my craziness but I would NEVER let anyone but myself wash my car. As soon as I read that you had the dealer detail your car I died a little inside hehe. I learned that lesson the hard way. I had a dealer "detail" my 12 when I got it... The paint was scratched/swirled like you wouldn't believe and it had severe water marks. It took me 2 days of polishing and I never got the swirls completely out.

When they replaced my bumper under warranty and they painted the new one, even that was swirled and scratched after they "buffed" it. They blamed the high winds on that one...

When I ordered my 13 I was adamant about making sure the car is completely untouched. I even told them the tape and seat covers should be untouched. Otherwise I walk.

As you can tell, I am crazy when it comes to paint but I think it's highly justified. I want help keep my car looking as good as possible for as long as possible. I think you should give your car some paint care once you pick it up.
:****:
Old 4/17/12, 04:47 AM

Got an update from ford on my track pack car:

"vehicle has left the factory and has arrived at the transit point (to be shipped). It says the ETA is May 02, 2012."

ETA was 4/22 shifted out a week and a half. Hopefully doesn't keep shifting farther away!
Being paranoid, I would be sweeting it out that the extra week and a half in transit meant that the car was damaged and is taking a detour through the shipper's regional body shop.
Old 4/17/12, 05:00 AM
V6 Member

Sky Hye,

No offense taken. I am quite **** about my cars also. In fact, I once put on a coat of paint sealant in the dealer's parking lot before taking the car home. Unfortunately, I pulled my back out about a week ago and don't have the back strength right now to really detail a car.

Last year when I picked up my 2012, I told the dealer to have their best detail person clean it and use clean towels and rags. I watched him clean it. The car was fine when it left and the gentleman even pointed out a minor scratch. I gave the same instructions to them yesterday. In addition, I told them that if the car has any damage, I plan to just keep my 2012. My fear with taking the car home dirty would be that if any damage lies underneath the dirt, I would be stuck with the car since it had gone "over the curb." Unfortunately, most new cars seem to have some defects, so I want to be sure to be able to see what this car may have before I buy it. With that said, I don't blame you on your choice to have the dealer not touch the car. In a perfect world, I'd clean the car at the dealer if they let me.

Last edited by Jason29; 4/17/12 at 05:02 AM.
Old 4/17/12, 06:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 98V6to2013Five-0
Hey all, my GT is due in a few weeks and the only incentive I currently know of is the $500 rebate... I ordered a brochure 3 weeks ago or more and last week my wife ordered one. How long do they usually take to come, or are they not sending out ones on the 2013 Mustang yet? Was hoping to get one of the $750 coupons. Also, are there any other incentives out there, like student, or graduate (I graduate grad school this June)...
Hey bud, the only national rebate is the $500. If you get the coupon, you add it to the $500 for a total of $1,250. There is a rebate if your a student with I believe 6 credit hours (I have to check the exact specifications). But that rebate will not work with the $750 coupon, should you get it. Its one or the other. Plus, if your order is X-Plan, the student rebate won't work for it anyway as its ineligible with plan sales. Any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 4/17/12, 07:59 AM

QUOTE="Jason29"] told the dealer to PDI and clean it and I would pick it up tomorrow

Pardon my craziness but I would NEVER let anyone but myself wash my car. As soon as I read that you had the dealer detail your car I died a little inside hehe. I learned that lesson the hard way. I had a dealer "detail" my 12 when I got it... They used terry towels and especially since my car had been sitting so long, all that dirt from the wash and their towels scratched the shiz out of my clear coat. The paint was swirled like you wouldn't believe and it had severe water spots. It took me 2 days of polishing with a professional buffer and I never got the swirls completely out.

As I was ordering my 13, I was adamant about making sure the car is completely untouched by the dealer. I even told them the tape and seat covers should be untouched.

As you can tell, I am crazy when it comes to paint (among other things). I think it's highly justified. I love my cars very much and I want to help keep them looking as good as possible for as long as possible.

I hope you realize my intentions are not to make you feel bad or insult you. I just think your car should get the treatment it deserves. The monkeys over at the dealer couldn't care less about your car or it's finish, to them I'm sure it's just another car they have to wash. I think you should give your car some paint care once you pick it up. Let me know if you want some pointers. Btw I love that color and car, great taste![/QUOTE]
My instructions I politely delivered to my dealer when I ordered my 13 GT500:
1. firstly, do not touch the car
2. do not remove the covers of the seats and any of the interior protective plastic
3. do not drill for plates
4. do not apply your dealership stickers anywhere on the car
5. do not drive the car, do not put gas in it, I'll fill her up
and lastly, if I was not clear enough:
6. DO NOT TOUCH THE CAR!!

****? Yes, but it will save me lots of agravation, accidents happen and I want to be able to blame it on myself only when and if they happen.
Old 4/17/12, 08:31 AM
Cobra Member

Sky Hye,

No offense taken. I am quite **** about my cars also. In fact, I once put on a coat of paint sealant in the dealer's parking lot before taking the car home. Unfortunately, I pulled my back out about a week ago and don't have the back strength right now to really detail a car.

Last year when I picked up my 2012, I told the dealer to have their best detail person clean it and use clean towels and rags. I watched him clean it. The car was fine when it left and the gentleman even pointed out a minor scratch. I gave the same instructions to them yesterday. In addition, I told them that if the car has any damage, I plan to just keep my 2012. My fear with taking the car home dirty would be that if any damage lies underneath the dirt, I would be stuck with the car since it had gone "over the curb." Unfortunately, most new cars seem to have some defects, so I want to be sure to be able to see what this car may have before I buy it. With that said, I don't blame you on your choice to have the dealer not touch the car. In a perfect world, I'd clean the car at the dealer if they let me.
Great to know I'm not the only one Jason and Rotarur. And I'm sorry to hear about your back. I'm sure the recaros will help! I am kinda in the same boat, my 12 was totaled in december and I have not been able to do much but after daily chiro it has slowly been improving. If you were in socal, id come detail it for You!

Rotarur, I also told them about the bumper. It seems that under the foam block ford puts in front, there are 2 small pilot holes predrilled.

Last edited by Sky Hye; 4/17/12 at 08:33 AM.
Old 4/17/12, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I also told them about the bumper. It seems that under the foam block ford puts in front, there are 2 small pilot holes predrilled.
O.O why on earth would ford do that, whoever thought that was a good idea should be sent far away for a long time....
Old 4/17/12, 08:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kobrag

O.O why on earth would ford do that, whoever thought that was a good idea should be sent far away for a long time....
So that the front license plate is aligned properly.
Old 4/17/12, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

[QUOTE=Rotarur, I also told them about the bumper. It seems that under the foam block ford puts in front, there are 2 small pilot holes predrilled.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that they are "pre-drilled"? I have been looking at the pics of delivered '13's, and I do not see any. In my experience, if the car requires drilling holes for the plate bracket, the most common thing they do is make two tiny "index marker dimples" on the bumper (which are painted over, not real obvious) where the holes are to be drilled.. I sure hope that is the case with these too!
Old 4/17/12, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
So that the front license plate is aligned properly.
I know what they are for just don't agree with mass production of it though like jryan said little dimples is all that's needed, a good portion of states don't need front ones so they should just give dealerships a template and call it a day instead of drilling freaking holes everywhere.

Last edited by Kobrag; 4/17/12 at 09:18 AM.
Old 4/17/12, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kobrag

I know what they are for justdon't agree with mass production of it though, a good portion of states don't need front ones so they should just give dealerships a template and call it a day instead of drilling freaking holes everywhere.
Oh, I read that you asked why would Ford do that. The cars are built on a line, not practical to pick and choose which ones get holes.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/17/12 at 09:21 AM.
Old 4/17/12, 09:23 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Hopefully but not likely. Im in the NE & had an original ETA of 4.19, but the build got set at 4.12 so the ETA was pushed back to 4.27.
I sent you another update today, wheelman.

Thanks for the update Deysha!!
You're welcome, Sky Hye!

No, fortunately, I am not joking. I went to the dealer tonight and saw the car first hand. It is car #57 and was built on 3/1.
Congrats, Jason29!! That is one sweeeeeet ride!!!

Originally Posted by 98V6to2013Five-0
Hey all, my GT is due in a few weeks and the only incentive I currently know of is the $500 rebate...
You should contact the Ford Marketing Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375 for more info, 98V6to2013Five-0.

Deysha
Old 4/17/12, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Oh, I read that you asked why would Ford do that. The cars are built on a line, not practical to pick and choose which ones get holes.
Ya i wrote that kinda weird, I just hate front license plates completely ruin the look of a front end to me.
Old 4/17/12, 09:46 AM

For those who received their cars already, please keep posting pics. It helps console those of us who are still waiting

Ordered mine (premium gt, recaros, track pack) February 1st. It was built April 3rd and it still waiting at the dock to be transported to Alaska ETA of April 30th now (*subject to change).

Big shout out to Deysha for making unhappy news seem a little less painful
Old 4/17/12, 10:01 AM

Hi Deysha,
any update!?
Thanks
Old 4/17/12, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Man you guys are making me worry about another thing...
I was planning on telling dealer not to wash the car, but I said meh, it cant be as bad as a automatic car wash and its only one time, but im second guessing myself now.
My sales guy told me they wash it by hand, but should I worry, and do those cars come really dirty from the long trip on the convoy?
Im going to wash it, clay it, and wax it ASAP as soon as I get the car, so should I allow them to wash it, and like others said maybe its better to see the car clean first so its easier to inspect for imperfections, if any.

Last edited by =HYPERDRIVE=; 4/17/12 at 10:37 AM.
Old 4/17/12, 10:50 AM

DELETED

DELETED

Last edited by James1953; 5/1/12 at 09:53 AM. Reason: NO RESPONSE

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists