2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I sent you a PM, kboxvegas. Please check your inbox.
Deysha
Thanks for the update Deysha.

I am afraid it is too late for me, I fly out on Friday to go pickup my 2012 Kona blue brembo GT. I set a drop dead date for info of last Friday a while back. That Friday I called Ford, sent Deysha a PM, and spoke with the inventory manager at the dealership and did not get any info back. I worked the deal for the 2012 over the weekend and stalled at the last possible second in hopes to get some info yesterday but after not getting any info again, I said fug it and closed on the deal. My only regret is that I should have just got a 12 to begin with and skipped the dealership drama. Most of the problems have been related to the dealership and not Ford directly but I must say I feel they need to work on their ordering system a bit as this has been the most unorganized buying experience I have ever went through and if it was not for my long time love for the stang, I would not be going back to Ford again. Also no offense to anyone but saying “that’s nothing I waited blah blah blah” to others just reinforces how screwed up the system is.

Maybe I will try again in 2015 if Ford does well enough with the new model.

Last edited by kboxvegas; 4/4/12 at 10:46 AM.
Old 4/4/12, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kboxvegas

Also no offense to anyone but saying "that's nothing I waited blah blah blah" to others just reinforces how screwed up the system is.
No offense taken here. I don't find it screwed up at all. It's a new model and we are just into the year. German cars take 3-6mo and that is well into their production run.

I personally had no issues. I ordered 2.21, was told it would take 6-8wks. 3 weeks after I get a vin, build week and then a week after that I get a build date and eta of 4.22. Almost exactly 8 weeks after I placed my order my car arrives at my dealer. I understand many people have their cars (boss) on quality hold and some people have some $hitty dealers, however I got exactly what I expected from the process, if not a better than expected outcome (so far). Maybe I'm just lucky??
Old 4/4/12, 11:58 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
No offense taken here. I don't find it screwed up at all. It's a new model and we are just into the year. German cars take 3-6mo and that is well into their production run.

I personally had no issues. I ordered 2.21, was told it would take 6-8wks. 3 weeks after I get a vin, build week and then a week after that I get a build date and eta of 4.22. Almost exactly 8 weeks after I placed my order my car arrives at my dealer. I understand many people have their cars (boss) on quality hold and some people have some $hitty dealers, however I got exactly what I expected from the process, if not a better than expected outcome (so far). Maybe I'm just lucky??
Seriously. If you can't stand a 2-3 month wait, don't even consider ordering a foreign car. Buying off the lot is always an option, but a month into the model year, you obviously can't expect great variety/availability.
Old 4/4/12, 12:05 PM
GT Member

I also ordered 2/21 (from the largest Mustang dealer in the state)...waiting for a VIN update from Deysha...hopefully I have some good news coming soon...
Old 4/4/12, 12:14 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Joey7489
13 GT Track pack--> Got a VIN number today! And a delivery date of April 28
Awesome! Congrats, Joey7489!

Originally Posted by RiceEatin2000GT
thank you jeff! The biggest thing which i can bet happens a lot is dealers don't really go through the whole process like you do with your customers. After you explained how it all worked on my 2010 its just a big waiting game like you've pointed out. Sometimes you get lucky and the car gets built quick and sometimes it doesn't.
Hmmmm... Any new news today, RiceEatin2000GT??

Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
not sure if I should get my hopes up...but this morning my ETA updated to tomorrow (April 5th)!
Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
It was the 9th before (this upcoming Monday). Yeah I wouldn't think they would move it up to the 5th on the 4th unless they were pretty sure about it. Still not going to expect it this week, just in case
You never know, SkyyPunk... You are mighty close to the plant...

Originally Posted by 88Saleen544
Hey Deysha,
I was given the correct order number by my salesman. I PM'd it to you on Monday. I know you've been busy but wanted to let you know in case it got lost in the inevitable mass of PMs.
Thanks so much for the help!
Lol! Thanks for understanding, 88Saleen544! I did receive it and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by kboxvegas
Thanks for the update Deysha.
I am afraid it is too late for me, I fly out on Friday to go pickup my 2012 Kona blue brembo GT.
Oh, man... As long as you're happy with your new ride, so am I, kboxvegas! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Originally Posted by G8toGT
I also ordered 2/21 (from the largest Mustang dealer in the state)...waiting for a VIN update from Deysha...hopefully I have some good news coming soon...
I just did, G8toGT!

Deysha
Old 4/4/12, 12:20 PM
GT Member

WOOO-HOOO!! Just got the PM from Deysha. Updated details are IN THE SIG!

BIGTHANKYOUDEYSHA!!!!!!!!
Old 4/4/12, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

NICE! Where are you located?
Old 4/4/12, 12:30 PM
GT Member

congrats!
Old 4/4/12, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

congrats!
I see your signature - pictures?!
Old 4/4/12, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jason523
I see your signature - pictures?!
https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...sgm-gt-507247/ take a look here.
Old 4/4/12, 01:20 PM
V6 Member

Looks fantastic - congrats! Guess I slept on your post. Thanks for re-posting.
Old 4/4/12, 02:52 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You're very welcome, G8toGT!!

congrats!
CONGRATS TO YOU, RiceEatin2000GT!!!! Awesome looking ride you got there!!

Deysha
Old 4/4/12, 04:24 PM

Hi Deysha,

How about some good news for me this week
Old 4/4/12, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

While I'm happy to see people on the forum get build dates and pickup their cars, it is starting to get awfully depressing about the Boss's. Looks like there is no end in sight for the stripe issue and my quoted May delivery date is going out the window!!
Old 4/4/12, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Once more without Deysha or other Mustang forums, we would never know what is going on. I can not stand the fact that I will be spending this much money and get the crappy customer service from my dealer. Not one update from them that has been reliable. Last I heard from the sales manager was they were contacting someone at regional to see what the delay is.....
Old 4/4/12, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by pa93cobra
While I'm happy to see people on the forum get build dates and pickup their cars, it is starting to get awfully depressing about the Boss's. Looks like there is no end in sight for the stripe issue and my quoted May delivery date is going out the window!!
I know what you mean. Hang tight, I think it's gonna be worth it.
Old 4/4/12, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pa93cobra
If you were originally quoted a May delivery date, you still have plenty of time. My March 24th delivery date seems like so long ago, but its not even 2 weeks late yet. That said, it will be at least a month late if not 2 at this rate. I don't mind waiting to much except for the fact its cutting into my racing season starting this weekend.

Yes, that was a rambling paragraph, just wanted to say, hang in there:

Last edited by askjeffro; 4/4/12 at 07:33 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm with you guys on this. I have no intention of bailing out like others have. I also believe the Boss will be well worth the wait!! It just pokes at you a little bit when you see others enjoying their new 2013 Stang!!

I agree that quite a few dealers have no clue nor care since they are not car guys like us (dealer friends on the forum exclueded ).

To be honest, I have been providing my dealer information instead of the other way around. All they could continue to tell me was the Boss was on material hold. Once I told them why, there first response was "how did you find this information"?
Old 4/4/12, 10:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
You're very welcome, G8toGT!!

CONGRATS TO YOU, RiceEatin2000GT!!!! Awesome looking ride you got there!!

Deysha
thank you so much! i really appreciate the help tracking the car.
Old 4/5/12, 05:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Any solution to the Boss problems Deysha?

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists