2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The 2011 6 speed manuals ??

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/11, 07:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmatero is also on his 3rd transmission, yet he complains that Ford is not helping him. It sounds to me that Ford is doing all it can for him by installing 3 seperate transmissions in his car. How can you go from "Ford has given me 3 brand new transmissions" to "Ford refuses to help me with my problem"?
Old 7/22/11, 07:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
jmatero is also on his 3rd transmission, yet he complains that Ford is not helping him. It sounds to me that Ford is doing all it can for him by installing 3 seperate transmissions in his car. How can you go from "Ford has given me 3 brand new transmissions" to "Ford refuses to help me with my problem"?
I guess if ford replaced my tranny 3 times and the problem wasn't solved I'd be thinking that they are not doing a whole lot, I get that they are trying but I wouldn't want my tranny replaced with another crap tranny.
Old 7/22/11, 08:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by hahnsolo78
I guess if ford replaced my tranny 3 times and the problem wasn't solved I'd be thinking that they are not doing a whole lot, I get that they are trying but I wouldn't want my tranny replaced with another crap tranny.
You really think he has had 3 bad trannys installed? What are the odds that all 3 are/were defective? 1:1,000,000 or more... Maybe Ford, being a company whose main objective is to make profit, thought "This guy's car has gone through 3 MT82s, maybe we should not install another one at a cost to us becuase there is something going on here causing transmissions to fail.".

Jmatero: I need another MT82
Ford: OK
Jmatero: I need another MT82, it broke again...
Jmatero: I need another MT82, broken...
Ford:O... wait a sec. 3 transmissions? Lets think about this.
Jmatero: WHAT?!?!? You are being completely unreasonable! The MT82 sucks! I am going to AFM to complain! Give me a TR6060!

You have to admit, this situation is fishy. If we assume jmatero is not abusing his tranny, which no one can 100% know, then he may just have a lemon and should go through the process. It happens with all car manufactures. It sucks. IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL MT82s ARE DEFECTIVE OR ARE ABOUT TO GRENADE. That is the point us skeptics are trying to get across to those at AFM. So far, we have been talking to a wall...
Old 7/22/11, 08:39 AM

6 Speed

Since Matero likes the Tremec SO much, Lets talk about the competitions 6 speed.

A couple months after the NEW Camaros hit the streets, a few of the manual cars started getting towed in with the tranny blown up. Seems the output shaft was sheering in half if you "beat"on them some. When a few became widespread, people started screaming. After GM "investigated" it was found that a bad "BATCH" of output shafts had been put into a "RUN" of Tremecs. Problem was the vin numbers were all over the place, so GM could not pinpoint any set of vins with the problem...........Now it became a case by case basis, and if you had any mods????????? Since this is a tranny thread, I won't even go into the exploding half shafts.

Now we have the rather lengthy threads about the crappy shifting Tremecs. I think if they had a Matero type of dedicated troll, who would spend day and night on every forum he could find bashing Chevy and recruiting anybody who ever had a notchy shift, their issues might have the same post counts.

These are just a couple examples I can remember off the top of my head, which is NOT in the sand Mr. Get a Life. You might try taking your head out of your %$*, pull off the revenge blinders and get rid of the car. Get on with life....... But then I wouldn't get a daily laugh
Old 7/22/11, 08:42 AM

Clutches

JobeNole44, wait, you are forgetting about the multiple clutches, plates, bearings, and slaves that were also done to try and please A CUSTOMER.
Old 7/22/11, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

You really think he has had 3 bad trannys installed? What are the odds that all 3 are/were defective? 1:1,000,000 or more... Maybe Ford, being a company whose main objective is to make profit, thought "This guy's car has gone through 3 MT82s, maybe we should not install another one at a cost to us becuase there is something going on here causing transmissions to fail.".

Jmatero: I need another MT82
Jmatero: I need another MT82, it broke again...
Jmatero: I need another MT82, broken...
Ford:O... wait a sec. 3 transmissions? Lets think about this.
Jmatero: WHAT?!?!? You are being completely unreasonable! The MT82 sucks! I am going to AFM to complain! Give me a TR6060!

You have to admit, this situation is fishy. If we assume jmatero is not abusing his tranny, which no one can 100% know, then he may just have a lemon and should go through the process. It happens with all car manufactures. It sucks. IT DOES NOT MEAN ALL MT82s ARE DEFECTIVE OR ARE ABOUT TO GRENADE. That is the point us skeptics are trying to get across to those at AFM. So far, we have been talking to a wall...
It definitely sounds like something is causing his transmissions to fail. I still suspect something's definitely out of alignment. No way in hell that three separate transmissions failed on their own. That would lead me to believe that all are defective from the start not explaining at all why there are some people taking MT82s down the quarter with no problems whatsoever. Something else is wrong along the drivetrain that is a hit and miss in the assembly process (shifter housing, that crappy shifter bushing,shifting linkage alignment, driveshaft imbalance, etc.). If it has us puzzled it most likely has Ford puzzled. I've read on AFM a post saying that when his dealer manipulated the shifter bushing it would lock out different groups of gears depending on it's position. Very interesting. I definitely believe that the design flaw is in the shifter housing and improper fluid choice for this tranny. If a simple bushing change and fluid swap to MTL fixes a lot of problems for people I do believe the problem can be traced to these to. Can't wait to see MGWs solution for shifting.

And FYI my car shifts fine with no issues, maybe an occasional notch when cold (fluid) and a notch when making turns (shifter housing may be twisting linkage a little out of alignment). No grinds just a notch. None of these notches really affect me at all and in the future I'm planning on swapping the stock bushing and changing the fluid to Redline MTL but for now the car is fine.
Old 7/22/11, 09:00 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Swamp Dweller
JobeNole44, wait, you are forgetting about the multiple clutches, plates, bearings, and slaves that were also done to try and please A CUSTOMER.
You are preaching to the choir, friend. I have followed the AFM thread since the beginning, simply because I was an early adopter of the new 2011 Mustang 5.0. There is little logic over there, and as a mechanical engineer I am a logical thinker, and the few dissenters are ganged up on. I see no one even willing to accept the chance that there is something else going on with their car causing MT82s to act up. Clutches, etc... It's immediately "MT82 sux, Ford sux".

Have I had a few notchy shifts? Yes. Have I missed a few shifts? Yes. But in my 13,000 miles of ownership I have adapted to the personality of my ride and it works great. Still some cold notchiness, but nothing out of the norm.

Now, are there those with issues? Of course. Several have had new trannys installed. Jmatero has a real issue. Ford has done what they can do with replacing it 3 times, and maybe he has a lemon that can't be repaired. Go thru the process and try something else. Ford treated you no different than any other car company would have, and I would bet the bank on that. But you can't logically argue that Ford has given you 3 transmissions only for them all to fail, and yet they have not treated you well as a customer. Can you blame Ford for not giving you any more transmissions? They must question the circumstances. Sorry, sucks, but thats life and why the Lemon Laws exist.
Old 7/22/11, 09:08 AM
GT Member

And I don't know why those with issues, jmatero included, won't simply go to a transmission shop and get a tr6060 or t56 swapped and also get a real opinion on why their car is shifting so badly. If they can prove that Ford was not helping them, they could easily go to small claims court and sue Ford for the cost of the swap. This would also provide a view of the issue from an actual transmission shop. This would be my course of action if my car starts acting that badly and Ford can't fix it. How did problems ever get solved before the interwebs existed to people could complain on internet forums?
Old 7/22/11, 09:34 AM

Shifter

FlySWA737, I agree with you about the shifter. This hasn't changed for 40 years. EVERYBODY had to have a Hurst shifter to fix the crappy shifting Muncies, etc.

This applied across the board whether you drove a Ford, Dodge, Chevy or whatever. It never quit, all through the years, every new model had a crappy shifter, and more companies started making them. It is the same today, whether its a Chevy or Ford. I don't know how many different shifters are available today due to the "crappy shifting stockers".

Life is too short to deal with something like a car I don't enjoy or want, get rid of it. I was very close to buying a Camaro instead. My daughter had me spec one for her and order it 18 months ago, thats why I see the things posted on the Camaro forums for a good while now.
Old 7/22/11, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Swamp Dweller
FlySWA737, I agree with you about the shifter. This hasn't changed for 40 years. EVERYBODY had to have a Hurst shifter to fix the crappy shifting Muncies, etc.

This applied across the board whether you drove a Ford, Dodge, Chevy or whatever. It never quit, all through the years, every new model had a crappy shifter, and more companies started making them. It is the same today, whether its a Chevy or Ford. I don't know how many different shifters are available today due to the "crappy shifting stockers".

Life is too short to deal with something like a car I don't enjoy or want, get rid of it. I was very close to buying a Camaro instead. My daughter had me spec one for her and order it 18 months ago, thats why I see the things posted on the Camaro forums for a good while now.
+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 7/22/11, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Despite what you're reading here (which is inaccurate) I am just ONE of many reporting multiple transmission replacements and rapid failures. There are 3 just this week at AFM. Clearly, there is something... perhaps with powertrain alignment... causing this but it clearly isn't ALL of these owners' fault. My transmission was replaced ONCE.

I'd appreciate it if you would post accurate information.
Old 7/23/11, 02:56 AM
V6 Member

Just maybe it would be accurate if YOU would quit spreading so much misinformation!

Originally Posted by jmatero
Despite what you're reading here (which is inaccurate) I am just ONE of many reporting multiple transmission replacements and rapid failures. There are 3 just this week at AFM. Clearly, there is something... perhaps with powertrain alignment... causing this but it clearly isn't ALL of these owners' fault. My transmission was replaced ONCE.

Old 7/23/11, 06:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I dont have a dog in this fight but you guys that hammer J Mat for his ruthless crusade need some transmission problems. Lets see then how you speak about him then. He is doing us all a favor imo. Your just pissed because people like me now know to be wary of a Mt 82 used car and your resale has hit the bottom of the bucket. To bad. I would not touch one with a ten foot pole. Keep it.

Get over it and be careful. You never know what might raise its head down the road. My confidence in Ford has gone to **** lately to be honest. That is the God honest truth.

They seemed concerned about my ford touch and the junky jerky power shifts in the fiesta and focus but no word on the mt china 82. Its low volume you know but its Fords flagship. WTF are they thinking?????????????????????????????????

Jesus fix it!! Im sorry for going off and venting. I have zero interest in this generation of Mustang because of what i believe to be a shoddy china made transmission. If this continues I will be back in a F body and the hurts like hell to say that. Pull up your britches Ford and lets go to work. Its time to man up boys and admit some mistakes.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 7/23/11 at 06:57 AM.
Old 7/23/11, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the meetings. There is no doubt the car guys like me and the other forum members have the passion. But do the Ford people? You cut me and I bleed Kentucky Wildcat and Ford motor Co blue.

I just wonder if upper management sees it the same? Tell me Im overthingking this When the passion leaves Im gone with it. We need some excitment like Pontiac used to have. God, I miss them and Im a Ford guy.
Old 7/23/11, 07:30 AM
GT Member

My transmission was replaced ONCE.

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
Just maybe it would be accurate if YOU would quit spreading so much misinformation!
He is not alone as I swear I remember reading from you that you were on your third transmission.
Old 7/23/11, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
I post real data. Sorry you don't like it but you're shooting the messenger.

Care to outline for us all what "misinformation" I've supposedly spread?

Care to come to the transmission thread at AFM and try to discredit or vilify ALL of THOSE owners in the same boat as me... Or worse?

Might I also suggest you browse this thread:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-problems.html

I recently was able to disassemble the Mt-82 transmission out of my 2011 Mustang GT and I wanted to share what I have found. First I should add that I was shunned at Pompano Ford (local Florida dealer) when I tried to get it repaired under warranty. I was told there was nothing wrong with my car and that I raced it so it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyway. Fortunately I am in the Mustang aftermarket product development and manufacturing business so I can make something work but it is pretty sad that Ford is not standing behind the most expensive Mustang GT ever produced. Shame on you Ford.

Anyway I think my findings will help some of you with your efforts to call Ford on their bluffs when they try to give you the run around.

Now I should also say that there is a cause and effect speculation but draw your own conclusions.
My theory is this. There is a clutch disengagement issue which causes an increase in resistance in the syncro and slider assy and when this happens you inadvertently apply more pressure when you are trying to shift gears. So the cheap stamped steel welded shift fork assemblies that Getrag opted to use in this transmission flex and the nylon covered shift fork pads fail due to the lack of rigidity and increased force. If you look at the pictures in the following links you will see that the shift fork pads are both damaged but one side is completely destroyed. This is the 1-2 shift fork and the only signs of wear in the transmission are the syncro assembly and the shift fork. No broken gears or bearing failures. I was told that I had been abusing the car. Also I had told them that the only reason for bringing the car in was because it popped out of first gear almost every time you tried to take off. It literally popped out of first gear 85% of the time, minimum. The dealer told me that they couldn't get it to pop out of gear. When I got in the car and pulled out of the service drive it popped out of gear.

The most frustrating part is I even told the dealer service people that I was almost positive that it had a damaged shift fork.

Take a look at the pictures and see what you think. We are working on a fix for it now and should have it done in 30 days or less. If we can do that don't you think Ford could?

Last edited by jmatero; 7/23/11 at 09:25 AM.
Old 7/23/11, 02:08 PM
GT Member

LIAR!!! Jmatero, I am trying to feel for you here for your problems, but when you post blatent lies like this, you make it real hard.

To all, this is from the youtube video posted by jmatero himself, enjoy...

My 2011 Ford Mustang GT has been in the shop 6 times, 42 days out of service, 2 transmissions, 3 clutches, 3 flywheels, all with only 3000 miles on the car. And now THIS... This will now be the THIRD transmission, FOURTH clutch and FOURTH flywheel. And according to Ford Customer care, it has now become systemic with Mustangs with the MT82 transmission so if you AREN'T experiencing gear clashing, inability to shift, etc. you're one of the lucky ones. Over 4000 posts from owners with these issues at allfordmustangs.com. There are also now over 50 complaints to the NHTSA from owners like me who have been in close calls because of an inability to get the car into a gear.

I've complained to Ford about this issue being a safety risk and they don't seem to care. I, like so many others, have had to resort to hiring an attorney as the car is unable to be driven and they have to fix.

Address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmY2awSCsM

Which is it jamtero? Did you lie a few posts ago or did you lie in the description of your youtube video and om afm?
Old 7/23/11, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

LIAR!!! Jmatero, I am trying to feel for you here for your problems, but when you post blatent lies like this, you make it real hard.

To all, this is from the youtube video posted by jmatero himself, enjoy...

My 2011 Ford Mustang GT has been in the shop 6 times, 42 days out of service, 2 transmissions, 3 clutches, 3 flywheels, all with only 3000 miles on the car. And now THIS... This will now be the THIRD transmission, FOURTH clutch and FOURTH flywheel. And according to Ford Customer care, it has now become systemic with Mustangs with the MT82 transmission so if you AREN'T experiencing gear clashing, inability to shift, etc. you're one of the lucky ones. Over 4000 posts from owners with these issues at allfordmustangs.com. There are also now over 50 complaints to the NHTSA from owners like me who have been in close calls because of an inability to get the car into a gear.

I've complained to Ford about this issue being a safety risk and they don't seem to care. I, like so many others, have had to resort to hiring an attorney as the car is unable to be driven and they have to fix.

Address: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmY2awSCsM

Which is it jamtero? Did you lie a few posts ago or did you lie in the description of your youtube video and om afm?
And the lie is where? They replaced my transmission. If I brought it in for this issue, it would have been the third. There is no lie... Just you and your attempts to paint me as a liar and the problems I'm experiencing unique.

Again, would like me to point all 564 owners at AFM here so you can accuse and vilify THEM?
Old 7/23/11, 02:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
I don't see the lie. He said that was his 2nd transmission. IF they replaced it AGAIN, it WOULD be the 3rd.
Old 7/23/11, 02:25 PM
GT Member

And the lie is where? They replaced my transmission. If I brought it in for this issue, it would have been the third. There is no lie... Just you and your attempts to paint me as a liar and the problems I'm experiencing unique.

Again, would like me to point all 564 owners at AFM here so you can accuse and vilify THEM?
WHAT?!?!?! Are you serious? Just a few posts up you say "They have replaced my transmission ONCE". Then I find another place where you say "This will now be the third transmission". I may be wrong here, but that is a lie in my book. How can you say it is not?

Honestly, is anyone else taking this guy seriously? I really want to know...

Quick Reply: The 2011 6 speed manuals ??