2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The 2011 6 speed manuals ??

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/11, 02:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I don't see the lie. He said that was his 2nd transmission. IF they replaced it AGAIN, it WOULD be the 3rd.
Well if that is true, and he never got his third transmission, I apologize for acusing him of lying. He has, however, on many other ocassions made it sound like he has had three and they all have failed. As with another poster above, I am not the only one that tought that.
Old 7/23/11, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jmatero
And the lie is where? They replaced my transmission. If I brought it in for this issue, it would have been the third. There is no lie... Just you and your attempts to paint me as a liar and the problems I'm experiencing unique.

Again, would like me to point all 564 owners at AFM here so you can accuse and vilify THEM?
After reading that I assumed you were now on your third, and I apologize. I am sure you can see how I came to that conslusion after reading your video description.

As for the other 564 people, how many have had transmissions replaced? 10-15-20? Is that an abnormal number for a high power, low cost pony car? I am in the camp that some cold notchiness, which I have had, is normal. A missed gear once in a while, normal in all my previous manuals. Sometimes wont go into 1st at a complete stop, normal, and it always goes in after going back to N and trying 1st again. Stuff like that has happened with all my manuals and will probably happen again if there are still manuals when I get another car, lol.

Jmatero, you may just have a lemon. All auto makers get them, cars that for whatever reason just can't be fixed. Its whay the laws exist. The fact remains that there are a vast-vast-vast majority of people with no issues at all. 564/20,000 = 2.82% of owners with "bad" MT82s. You are fighting a losing battle.
Old 7/23/11, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm not fighting anything. Ford has had the car in the shop almost 50 days and 7 repair attempts. I asked them to replace my car and they said no. So I'm suing them for a full refund.

You're making one hell of an assumption that the only people with problems post in that thread. I'd advise you to read it carefully. Most folks are not getting replacements... They're getting the run-around from Ford.
Old 7/23/11, 03:30 PM
GT Member

And you are making an assumption that everyone posting in that thread has a real MT82 problem. The pendulum swings both ways.

You are so quick to label skeptics as trolls and question them while also accepting everyone who claims to have an issue with open arms without question... be careful there.

And Ford was never going to replace your car, again find one car manufacturer that would do the same in that case. That is why Lemon Laws exist.
Old 7/23/11, 04:18 PM

Meathead= Dead from the neck up

Matero, you going around the internet recruiting noobs who had a notchy shift a couple times and telling them that their tranny is broken and "lets sue Ford" qualifies you as LOSER. You obviously know nothing about a stick shift transmission or how it works or how to drive one. From your history, I think you could *&^% up an anvil.

Did you not post on another forum that" the SECOND transmission just fell apart"?

Please waddle back to AFM like a good little TROLL where your BS is tolerated. Don't they have anything to do in California, get a life......

Last edited by Swamp Dweller; 7/23/11 at 04:30 PM.
Old 7/23/11, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
And you are making an assumption that everyone posting in that thread has a real MT82 problem. The pendulum swings both ways.

You are so quick to label skeptics as trolls and question them while also accepting everyone who claims to have an issue with open arms without question... be careful there.

And Ford was never going to replace your car, again find one car manufacturer that would do the same in that case. That is why Lemon Laws exist.
1. The moderators in that thread have made it clear that only those experiencing issues post there and for the most part that is the case.

2. Anyone skeptical about the MT82 being problematic need only speak to owners of the Ford Transit Van, Land Rover Defender and now Mustang who have reported the same issues since 2004. The only folks I label trolls are those who suggest we all don't know how to drive.

3. Ford WAS replacing Mustangs... That stopped in March when an owner had his car in San Francisco replaced only to have the new one be in worse shape than the original. (Story directly from Customer Care). Ford Customer Care also said "The problem is now systemic with these cars".

Last edited by jmatero; 7/23/11 at 08:02 PM.
Old 7/23/11, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Swamp Dweller
Matero, you going around the internet recruiting noobs who had a notchy shift a couple times and telling them that their tranny is broken and "lets sue Ford" qualifies you as LOSER. You obviously know nothing about a stick shift transmission or how it works or how to drive one. From your history, I think you could *&^% up an anvil.

Did you not post on another forum that" the SECOND transmission just fell apart"?

Please waddle back to AFM like a good little TROLL where your BS is tolerated. Don't they have anything to do in California, get a life......
1. Your first paragraph is hysterical. Recruiting???? Again, you clearly have your head in the sand. Mosey over to that thread and lead the complaints just from this week. You clearly have no clue.

2. I've driven stick cars for 30 years... From K-cars to Corvettes. I'm an engineer by trade. I've never replaced a clutch... Let alone a transmission... In any car I've owned.

3. Yes... My second transmission fell apart. Hence the YouTube videos... And my Lemon Law case.

Pal, trash me all you want. It doesn't change the fact that there's clearly a problem with these cars. CUSTOMER CARE EVEN POSTED THERE THAT FORD IS AWARE OF IT AND THE ENGINEERS ARE WORKING ON IT. What more do you need?

You sir are the troll.
Old 7/23/11, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by JobeNole44
WHAT?!?!?! Are you serious? Just a few posts up you say "They have replaced my transmission ONCE". Then I find another place where you say "This will now be the third transmission". I may be wrong here, but that is a lie in my book. How can you say it is not?

Honestly, is anyone else taking this guy seriously? I really want to know...
His car came with transmission #1.

It was replaced with transmission #2.

If it got replaced again that would have been #3. It didn't get replaced. Notice the future tense "WILL". He was anticipating them replacing it again. Its VERY obvious it had not been replaced at that point or he would not have said WILL. But they never did.

Try reading it a little slower. Maybe you jumped to the wrong conclusion and can't see beyond that. Its really very simple.
Old 7/23/11, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
His car came with transmission #1.

It was replaced with transmission #2.

If it got replaced again that would have been #3. It didn't get replaced. Notice the future tense "WILL". He was anticipating them replacing it again. Its VERY obvious it had not been replaced at that point or he would not have said WILL. But they never did.

Try reading it a little slower. Maybe you jumped to the wrong conclusion and can't see beyond that. Its really very simple.
Thanks for the support Hoosier... I can see how if somebody were only to visit this site they might be in the dark.

For anyone reading this, don't take either side's word... Do your due diligence and search the NHTSA, Facebook, AllFordMustangs.com, Jalopnik, YouTube, most Mustang Racing sites, Google, Edmunds forums... There are owners all over reporting issues far worse than "notchy shifting". In fact, most of us WISH all we had was notchy shifting.

Last edited by jmatero; 7/23/11 at 08:17 PM.
Old 7/23/11, 08:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not going to comment on what is the truth or not the truth since we have not seen any paperwork to support the claim transmissions have been replaced, etc., I am going to suggest everyone simply google "jmatero" and look at the results.

And, one last thing, I did check NHTSA, and there are a total of 40 complaints, none resulting in accidents or injuries. I would suggest that everyone go to the site and read the complaints.

Based on what you see on google and at the NHTSA site, draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 7/23/11 at 08:31 PM.
Old 7/23/11, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I am not going to comment on the what is the truth or not the truth since we have not seen any paperwork to support the claim transmissions have been replaced, etc., I am going to suggest everyone simply google "jmatero" and look at the results.

As I said, everyone can draw their own conclusions.
There are 54 complaints from 2011/2012 owners... A dozen were mistakenly filed under categories other than POWERTRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

All of my repair invoices have been posted on the transmission thread at AFM.
As have multiple owners there in the past 2 weeks to compare part numbers.

And it should also be noted that Ford Customer Care monitors the thread and has escalated over 100 customer cases where dealers were unable to repair their transmissions. Deysha has also arranged meetings between those owners (including me) and Ford Field Service Engineers. Many of those meetings resulted in transmission replacements and re-opened cases when those repairs failed.

I think it would be much more helpful for anyone interested in learning the truth to search google for "2011 Mustang Transmission Problems" not "jmatero"

Stop shifting the issue from Ford and the car... to me.

Last edited by jmatero; 7/23/11 at 08:43 PM.
Old 7/23/11, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Stop shifting the issue from Ford and the car... to me.
Actually its being a quite bit notchy when i try to do that, sometimes locks out.

Sorry. Needed to get some humor in here.

Last edited by flySWA737; 7/23/11 at 09:40 PM. Reason: **** Iphone Spell Check
Old 7/23/11, 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Actually its being a quite bit notchy when i try try to do that, sometimes locks out.

Sorry. Needed to get some humor in here.
LOL!

Awesome.
Old 7/23/11, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL!

Awesome.

Had to do it. People really need to calm down. I definitely can see now that you just had a bad car that dragged past the lemon time and your dealing with it accordingly. I wish you all the best with your settlement. People who are having problems really need to stay separate from people who are not.

Now can we all just calm down and move on. Jmatero is dealing with his problem and moving on. Hes just letting us know what he knows. It doesn't affect me in any way I don't see why it should anyone else. I know some people will jump onto the train thinking their having a problem and walk around preaching ford is crap and the mustang is crap (former members here), but that is nobodies fault in particular.

If ford finds something in the future that was wrong (Bad syncro material, linkage redesign, etc) this will help us all, but for now it is what it is. I still think its a combination of improper fill from factory and that flimsy bushing but that's my opinion. There are bad ones and good ones, there always has been and always will. First year growing pains have also always been around as well. Ive dealt with them. The internet has definitely changed the way information flows around the communities. Hopefully ford finds this problem that is affecting some and solves it so that our fellow fallen pony's can get back in the saddle. I really hope that Jmatero can get out of what hes in and hopefully get back to enjoying the mustang (if its still your dream car).

Were a community who all commonly enjoy the mustang. Why every time I read into these MT82 issues we get people flaming each other with some getting some so upset with their problems and the fellow community that their loosing faith and support in the mustang. I hate to see this with so many people who commonly enjoy one of my favorite cars. I know bad dealers and experiences (especially disagreements on forums) can discourage some but don't let it turn you away from a car that you enjoy.

So can we please stop attacking each other no matter what were saying from either side of this topic. Can we all just take the high road instead the low road.

FYI, I'm on nobodies side and I'm not attacking anyone with this post but I'm looking at this very open minded and can agree and disagree with people from both sides but the attacks at each other is just ignorant. My car has no problems besides some notchiness which I plan on correcting with a firmer shifter, bushing, and some better fluid for the syncros. I love my car and will keep loving it every day. I have 2 years experience of manuals driving an old mechanical clutch 68 Camaro so this car is my first Hydro Clutch car. I really just want to see everyone enjoy their car as much as I do and stop encountering such frustration among the community. I'm a Ford fanboy at heart and to be honest I would stand by my car through thick and thin no matter what it is. Ive always loved the mustang and always will. Ford may have made a hiccup but they all do. Camaro had issues with the front bumper cover cracking, tranny issues, trunks opening without input. Everybody makes mistakes. These are built and designed by people and its just human to make mistakes. NASA and its contractors spent millions building ONE Saturn V launch vehicle to put Apollo 13 into orbit but with all those people and money even that broke. The $182 million dollar F-22A Raptor malfunctioned when crossing the international date line because the computer couldn't figure out what day it was causing a simultaneous failure of the main onboard computers. The Lockheed Martin Software Engineers overlooked a simple line of code that was easily solved the following days. I could go on and on with the different events that have happened throughout history. Now in Ford's case, their replicating a design over 20,000 times at a higher volume then the previously mentioned examples. Nuff said.

The people who design and develop these machines have a lot of passion in what they do. They want to see this through more than any of us most likely. The Mustang is an American Icon just like the Corvette is. I don't think that their going to watch their reputation of their car be destroyed by a silly tranny issue no matter how simple or complex, isolated or widespread it is. Its affecting some so I guarantee that their working on it FCS has confirmed that.

I apologize for the ranting, I just wanted to say something. I'm very passionate about things that I enjoy.

Last edited by flySWA737; 7/24/11 at 11:30 AM.
Old 7/24/11, 02:09 AM
V6 Member

I have already asked those questions there and all you did was avoid them like the plague. You need to go back and re-read what has been posted there. With all those off topic posts in that thread, it may be hard to find my original post. Oh wait, I forgot, whenever I post over there you cry like a baby to the mods and they delete the posts. You can only post there if you have transmission issues! Unless of course someone happens to make an off topic post that YOU like! If you could get away with making someone think that you had replaced 10 transmissions you would!

All people need to do is Google you name and they will realize what they are dealing with. You are on every car forum on this planet. You have spread your drivel to multiple manufacturers car forums yet you cry when someone makes an off topic post to YOUR thread at AFM. Good luck at recruiting noobs for YOUR crusade!

I post real data. Sorry you don't like it but you're shooting the messenger.

Care to outline for us all what "misinformation" I've supposedly spread?

Care to come to the transmission thread at AFM and try to discredit or vilify ALL of THOSE owners in the same boat as me... Or worse?

Might I also suggest you browse this thread:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-problems.html
Old 7/24/11, 05:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm not fighting anything. Ford has had the car in the shop almost 50 days and 7 repair attempts. I asked them to replace my car and they said no. So I'm suing them for a full refund.

You're making one hell of an assumption that the only people with problems post in that thread. I'd advise you to read it carefully. Most folks are not getting replacements... They're getting the run-around from Ford.
I could look up CA lemon law, but in almost all states 50 days would put you over the top. What reason was given for fighting the lemon law case by Ford???
Old 7/24/11, 05:20 AM
Bullitt Member

1. The moderators in that thread have made it clear that only those experiencing issues post there and for the most part that is the case.

2. Anyone skeptical about the MT82 being problematic need only speak to owners of the Ford Transit Van, Land Rover Defender and now Mustang who have reported the same issues since 2004. The only folks I label trolls are those who suggest we all don't know how to drive.

3. Ford WAS replacing Mustangs... That stopped in March when an owner had his car in San Francisco replaced only to have the new one be in worse shape than the original. (Story directly from Customer Care). Ford Customer Care also said "The problem is now systemic with these cars".
Show us where they said it was "systemic". That comment alone would get someone fired and show legal liability. The legal dept. in large companys routinely warn about even putting comments like that in internal email.
Old 7/24/11, 10:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by falhulk
I could look up CA lemon law, but in almost all states 50 days would put you over the top. What reason was given for fighting the lemon law case by Ford???
I believe one of two things are happening here.

1 - He has made this personal and thus is dragging his feet on the lemon law process as countless others have spoken out in shock that it has not been taken care of yet despite his rants about how long the lemon law process takes. It does not seem to take that long for anyone else.

2 - There is more to the story as to why he cannot lemon law the vehicle. If he is truly even in the lemon law process, then communications between he and Ford should not even be happening.
Old 7/25/11, 06:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
For those who have either have had problems or not had yet ... Do you worry about them.. And how hard is the fix ... Is it a one time thing ???
Grrrr. There is no problem. It is a manual transmission. All manual transmissions have one problem or another. It is mechanical, and nothing mechanical is perfect, especially when the operation of the mechanical device can be effected enormously by the person using it.

I've owned over a dozen manual trans cars in my driving lifetime, and not one, has ever been perfect.

Almost all of the severe shifting problems people have experienced is due to the clutch, not the transmission.
Old 7/25/11, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kn7671
Grrrr. There is no problem. It is a manual transmission. All manual transmissions have one problem or another. It is mechanical, and nothing mechanical is perfect, especially when the operation of the mechanical device can be effected enormously by the person using it.

I've owned over a dozen manual trans cars in my driving lifetime, and not one, has ever been perfect.

Almost all of the severe shifting problems people have experienced is due to the clutch, not the transmission.
1. There IS a problem. Deysha from Ford Customer Care has been posting at AFM on the official transmission thread since MAY that Ford Engineers were aware of the "Problem" and were "working hard" on it. She also posted to inquiries about a time frame for a fix that "unfortunately, there is no time frame for a repair"

2. No product is perfect. However, NO manual transmission should grind between gears, lock you out of random gears regularly, lose synchronizers/blockers at 1500 miles, or require complete replacement after just a few thousand miles. I'm sorry you've had such terrible luck with transmissions. I can only say that I've owned over a dozen of cars with manual transmission from Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, Subaru, Volkswagen, BMW, Mini, Mazda, and Honda. They all had their little "quirks"... but NOTHING that didn't appear during the first week of ownership. Nor did any of those quirks get worse over time. The consistent feedback owners at the main transmission forum post... which align with the posts from Land Rover Defender and Ford Transit Van owners overseas... is that their Mustang shifting was stellar at delivery, grinding/lockouts/whining appear within the first few thousand miles, and most are worse in the winter... with little/no improvement following the QDC fluid swap.

Last edited by jmatero; 7/25/11 at 09:44 AM.

Quick Reply: The 2011 6 speed manuals ??