Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The 2011 6 speed manuals ??

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/11, 06:56 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
You can lock my thread ...IF... we get updates on a fix for this problem....
Actually this thread will be locked soon because it has simply gotten out of hand.
Old 8/1/11, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
Actually this thread will be locked soon because it has simply gotten out of hand.
I just started it to see if others were feeling the same way that I was about buying a new 6-speed ...I know a lot say just take it in for warranty work if it fails .. That is no comfort if you are on some back road 50 miles from nowhere ...
Old 8/2/11, 12:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
I just started it to see if others were feeling the same way that I was about buying a new 6-speed ...I know a lot say just take it in for warranty work if it fails .. That is no comfort if you are on some back road 50 miles from nowhere ...
And those same folks will answer that with "that's why you have towing coverage"

If you are worried before the purchase... And you have a right to... I'd recommend the automatic (test drive it though...). If you don't like the way Ford is handling this, ask yourself how you would feel if your car developed these problems... Knowing there hasn't been a fix in over a year and no indication one is coming. If you're ok with that, buy one. If not... I'd look elsewhere

Just my 2cents.
Old 8/2/11, 08:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jmatero
Just my 2cents.
I believe your amount of input most likely exceeds our country's deficit by now.
Old 8/2/11, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Timeless
I believe your amount of input most likely exceeds our country's deficit by now.
More input... not from me... from 30 minute ago:

gtmiller1001
Here's my update:
Had my clutch assy replaced previously, no help.

Then they put in the QDC, which helped a little but amplified the already present whine ten fold.

Then they replaced the whole **** transmission. Original QS fluid was left in the transmission at my request. Seemed to shift OK (keep in mind I live in TX and have seen 100* WAY more than I care to).

Well, I've put about 1,000 miles on the new transmission and, guess what??? Yep, whine is definitely back. I get rough shifts into 2nd and 3rd. Just so newbes are aware, my symptoms were not near as bad as others I have seen. Still, I do not think the car is functioning properly. When they replaced my transmission, they opened up the original one. Bad bearings were found and there was "excessive wear" on some of the syncro assemblies. I'd attribute the whine to the bearings. So if the whine indicates bearings going out....yep, going through it again.

My biggest fear is facing larger problems down the road, perhaps just past warranty period. Anyways, those are my $.02
and from yesterday...

RSKtakROh
HI fellow MT82 owners.. thought I would give an update..

Everything that has been replaced in my car so far.. I took delivery in June of 2010, car now has a little over 21,000 miles on it..

-entire clutch assembly replaced at 6700 miles, along with the pedal, and master/slave cylinder assemblies.
- car goes back for internal trans problems and has all of the following replaced under warranty:

-br3z*7m000*b cone ring synchronizer
-br3z*7107*f ring synchronizer
-br3z*7124*c hub synchronizer
-br3z*7m000*a cone and gear asy 5th speed
-br3z*7107*f ring synchronizer
-br3z*7a010*a plug blanking
-br3z*7048*a seal input shaft
-br3z*7017*a shaft input
-br3z*7102*a gear mainshaft 2nd speed
-br3z*7107*c ring synchronizer
-br3z*7124*a hub synchronizer
-br3z*7107*a ring synchronizer
-br3z*7052*a seal asy oil
-br3z*7107*d ring synchronizer
-br3z*7107*b ring synchronizer
-br3z*7144*a gear 5th speed cluster
-br3z*7c031*c pin
-xt*m5*qs fluid
-adhesive
notes: test drive to confirm grinds going into 5th gear, removed trans and inspect found 2nd gear gear badly worn and5th gear badly worn, replaced 1-2 synchro and 5-6 synchro input shaft teeth worn replaced input shaft test drive confirm shift pattern.

-NOW the trans has a leak from a plug towards the rear of the trans mission leaking fluid all over the place, and just happends to be on back order from Ford now. I took the car in, they said they would call me as soon it came in.. trans has a loud whine all over again, and im sure its just a matter of time before this trans shoots craps again. I have since cancelled my extended warranty, the car is completely stock now, and will remain that way until my warranty is up. When my warranty is up this POS trans is coming out and the T56 Magnum kit is going in. Sadley after rocking the blue oval for the past 15yrs, This WILL be the last Ford I buy, and my next sportscar WILL be a Corvette.. I cant believe how Ford has dropped the ball and just let all this go and doesnt even give a **** about its LOYAL customers.. and everyone wonders why we all decid to go buy imports instead.. its because they are dependable, and STAND BEHIND THIER PRODUCT!!!!!
and the day before:
TDDawson
I've had the "fluid swap", that was about 2K miles ago. It was better for a couple of days, then returned. The service manager has been in touch with a Ford engineer, but so far - no answers. (he did call me back to let me know he was still working on it, which was nice) Just lately it has gotten REALLY noticeable, pretty much in all gears. 3-4-5 are definitely the worst - it vibrates so hard that the console makes a buzzing noise. It has been said that this is "normal" for the dual-mass flywheel/clutch, but the techs and the service manager at my dealer say "no way" is that normal!
Old 8/2/11, 01:36 PM
V6 Member

There you go again...reading stuff into things that aren't there or manipulating things to work to your advantage.

... don't get the humor... does that mean you don't intend to attack all of the other owners like me? That would be fantastic news!

Last edited by adrenalin; 8/2/11 at 03:37 PM.
Old 8/2/11, 02:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
There you go again...reading stuff into things that aren't there or manipulating things to work to your advantage.

I was just laughing at your stupidity! That is all...
Total troll. Care to acknowledge the three reports above? Are they "stupid" too?
Old 8/2/11, 02:24 PM
V6 Member

Listen, Don't blame me for attacking you! It was you and Orbit that kept giving me grief. I'm sorry other folks have issues. I hope that they get fixed.

Total troll. Care to acknowledge the three reports above? Are they "stupid" too?

Last edited by adrenalin; 8/2/11 at 03:36 PM.
Old 8/2/11, 02:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

We're getting close....
Old 8/2/11, 03:33 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's all folks!