Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The 2011 6 speed manuals ??

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/11, 12:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
A car you like better than the all new 2011 Mustang? Must be one hellofa car.
Old 7/13/11, 08:41 PM
V6 Member

Disgusted

Sick to my stomach, can only hope I wont have to worry about a shifting issue after this anymore. 700miles on the ****ing car, just made first payment. Can only hope it is totally, entire body appears to have shifted to left. Rear Axle not centered under body anymore.
Old 7/13/11, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by generalee31184

Sick to my stomach, can only hope I wont have to worry about a shifting issue after this anymore. 700miles on the ****ing car, just made first payment. Can only hope it is totally, entire body appears to have shifted to left. Rear Axle not centered under body anymore.
Wow man that sucks, I hope you are ok and wish you luck with the total.
Old 7/14/11, 06:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
Wow man that sucks, I hope you are ok and wish you luck with the total.
Thanks, yeah we are ok, banged up a little bit. It did hurt a little bit lol. Even broke my **** center console. I am so mad. 700 miles. Im just hoping it can be totaled cuz it will never be the same and even if it does get fixed I will trade it back in. I cant believe the axle is not even centered anymore.
Old 7/14/11, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks man, sorry. The axle not being centered is a thrust angle adjustment and generally isn't as big a deal as you think UNLESS some other stuff under the car is bent or broken. Only time will tell. Good luck either way and glad the humans are in good condition.
Old 7/14/11, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
That sucks man, sorry. The axle not being centered is a thrust angle adjustment and generally isn't as big a deal as you think UNLESS some other stuff under the car is bent or broken. Only time will tell. Good luck either way and glad the humans are in good condition.
Well got it up on rack this morning, found the axle to be shifted because the track bar back there got bent from the impact. So actually new bar an axle should be fine. Rest of car is cosmetic and body shop says not close to being able to total out. O well get it fixed and it will be traded in.
Old 7/14/11, 06:00 PM
V6 Member

I worried until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGMULSGJOU

Now I can't stop laughing...
Old 7/14/11, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
I worried until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGMULSGJOU

Now I can't stop laughing...
"I'm not really a female but I did buy a V6 and jmatero's Brembo package really turns me on."

Pure. Genius.
Old 7/14/11, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

Wow man that totally blows. Really sorry to see this, what happened if you don't mind me asking?
Old 7/15/11, 01:20 AM
V6 Member

I'm in heaven poeple here with common since not common stupid who uses there head.

I have to admit gotten in hugh fight in the other forum AFM with fanboy you know who I'm talking about. You can't even give your opinion with someone jumping all over it but they want you to respect theres

Yes it's amazing how poeple go straight to forum and whine. Instead of breathing abit and calm down. They don't even know how warranty works. I'm a tech I've been at over 20 years **** that makes me feel old.
Old 7/15/11, 05:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Those pictures made me sick. Really feel for you man. Hopefully you can get things settled out. I'm curious, what happened?
Old 7/15/11, 06:19 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Wow man that totally blows. Really sorry to see this, what happened if you don't mind me asking?
Originally Posted by flySWA737
Those pictures made me sick. Really feel for you man. Hopefully you can get things settled out. I'm curious, what happened?
Well I took a trip back to dealer I bought it from last month and had a talk with the manager and he is more than willing to work with me to get me a brand new car. I think he feels as bad as I do lol. He gave me his word that he will do whatever it takes to get me into a new car.

So yeah as far as what happened guys I truthfully am not 100% sure whose fault it was. Not sure if I had a green light or green arrow and just didn't see other guy coming or if he blew the light on his side. Truthfully have no idea. I do know that he was doing more than the speed limit. I was approaching intersection to turn left and I know my side was green and I just started turning and next thing I see was green Ford Ranger locking brakes barelling at me. No tickets were issued. I mean my assumption is that no matter what happened I would be at fault because I was turning but thats what insurance is for, let them figure it out. I just want my car fixed now lol.
Old 7/16/11, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
How do you know they have "blown on it off"? Remember the 1999 Cobra, the T3650 rebuild kits, the new Cobra radiators for the '97s when the 96s were marginal, the 3V 4.6 heads that were updated in 2008 because of 2-piece spark plugs breaking when being changed etc., etc.? There was a time lag between when the data showed up and when the fixes were issued - usually 12-15 months from my recollections. Frankly, people NOT taking their cars into their dealers and NOT logging an issue are probably doing a disservice to the larger community, since the engineering staff is looking at the service information to make their determinations on where to focus their precious resources. If they don't have data, I maintain it would make the decision to work on this less likely.

There will ALWAYS be a tension between engineering and cost accounting because if there wasn't, we wouldn't get $40,000 Mustangs that perform in the realm of $60,000 BMW M3s. Engineers pushed that through the system, which tells me that product makes a difference to Ford, in general.

If I were to guess what's going on, I suspect there are some Ford engineers working with their Getrag contacts in correcting either a design or manufacturing issue (or both). I also believe that any running change might not come out for another several months, given what it takes to design, test, and then produce a fix.

I really do feel for all those waiting. I remember my frustration when I took in my crunchy sounding T3650-equipped 2003 Mach 1 multiple times to have the issue corrected. I waited about 11 months from the time the issue was identified until the ultimate fix (a total transmission replacement with updated internals for a Job 2 run of the 2003 Mustangs) was available. I recently spoke with someone who has an '11 GT that developed the symptoms described here. He's hanging in there for a permanent resolution.
I hear ya but where is the fix? Plenty of time has passed by. The NTSA complaints are piling up and this is a known issue. This is not some just rumor on the internet. Its real.

Ford has blown this off and are worried about My Ford touch which they got dinged on with consumer reports. Right now, the MT82 problems are just on the internet and not in the main stream media. The fact remains though that the getrag ford Mt 82 sucks. No getting around it.

I understand your point but you hope for progress. If this is the best Ford can do then they suck. They know good and well they have a big problem here and are still silent after all of this time. Im calling Bs on them. Shame on them and it has lessened my confidence in them as a company.

Tony, right now you look pretty smart in my eyes for buying a 10 Mustang. All the kinks are worked out. I thought we had passed the time or worrying about buying a first year car but we have not. TheCamaro is a disaster and the mustang is better but has issues. Im going to hold out.
Old 7/16/11, 03:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
I hear ya but where is the fix? Plenty of time has passed by. The NTSA complaints are piling up and this is a known issue. This is not some just rumor on the internet. Its real.
Not disagreeing with you at all about it being an issue. And unfortunately, I would surmise that any fix is going to NOT be as easy as replace the fluid. If I were to bet on it, there could potentially be a major upgrade in components, which then means a whole testing cycle, which then means time.

Ford has blown this off and are worried about My Ford touch which they got dinged on with consumer reports. Right now, the MT82 problems are just on the internet and not in the main stream media. The fact remains though that the getrag ford Mt 82 sucks. No getting around it.
I prefer to think of it as being silent until all of the information has been determined what is the root cause. I know I certainly have speculation based on my previous experience with the T3650s in 2001. It took 2 model years before there were wholesale improvements in the internals that made their way into the supply chain. TWO YEARS - which for someone having the issue would feel like an eternity.

Also, I don't disagree having this particular transmission has personally given me pause on buying.

I understand your point but you hope for progress. If this is the best Ford can do then they suck. They know good and well they have a big problem here and are still silent after all of this time. Im calling Bs on them. Shame on them and it has lessened my confidence in them as a company.
Not sure they I would say "they suck". I would say there are improvements which need to be made to address this. I've seen some people say "I will NEVER buy from X company again because of <insert single bad experience here>. This is certainly the prerogative of the consumer. However, as my grandma used to say "That's cutting your nose off to spite your face."

Tony, right now you look pretty smart in my eyes for buying a 10 Mustang. All the kinks are worked out. I thought we had passed the time or worrying about buying a first year car but we have not. TheCamaro is a disaster and the mustang is better but has issues. Im going to hold out.
The main reason I bought a 2010 was because I wanted to have a daily driver with fun power. I also considered the fact that the powertrain was proven and suspension tuning was solid, based on the starting point of the 2008/09 Bullitt (a car which was a blast to drive on the street).

I think that what I believe out of all this is that new technology innovations in short cycles in the automotive field have a probability of some design or manufacturing issues, so the question is "How bad do I gotta have it now?"

I also continue to hold for the remaining improvements of the 2013/14 model years.

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 7/17/11 at 07:47 AM.
Old 7/17/11, 03:14 AM

Say what?

"The fact remains though that the getrag ford Mt 82 sucks"

Seriously? You base this on What? Internet discussions?

Go over to Camaro5 and read about the crappy Tremec 6060, same stuff. Mine works great, and I am no Ford Fanboy. Wasn't it Edmonds.com that just past 20,000 miles beating on their 11 GT/ M6 with their daily burnouts?

Blanket statements like this are what make the internet such an info vacuum some times.
Old 7/17/11, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Swamp Dweller

Go over to Camaro5 and read about the crappy Tremec 6060, same stuff. Mine works great, and I am no Ford Fanboy. Wasn't it Edmonds.com that just past 20,000 miles beating on their 11 GT/ M6 with their daily burnouts?

Blanket statements like this are what make the internet such an info vacuum some times.
+1!!
Old 7/17/11, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with you that I was over the top with that statement. Most work fine but there is enough with trouble that it concerns me. I just wish somebody could come up with a fix for those with issues.
Old 7/17/11, 04:23 PM

M6

Chevys.....I agree that there were some initial legit issues; clutch pedal/spring....Pressure Plate bolts that backed out on early 11 builds.

Every manual car I have driven, or owned has had it's moments...notchy gear engagement here and there, won't go into first a few times, etc. It is the nature of the beast, and I love it. They do tend to loosen up over time a bit.

Man I am 54( I know, old fart), I did all the tranny work at the dealership and dealt with these issues for many years. I know there are SOME legit issues that I hope DO get taken care of. I do believe though that there are a lot of inexperienced stick drivers getting these cars and as soon as somebody says something about a notchy shift, there is this "Yeah, me too" mentality that seems to take over, and yes, they are out there BEATING on them. Like I said, it is on every message board, Honda Accord, Camaro, Challenger, etc.....

Oh, and I do love my Chevys too, you ought to drive some of my old 67, 68,69 Camaros with the Muncie's. You want to talk about notchy and irrational shifters. Then again, I got rid of an 09 Accord Coupe M5, to get the Mustang. That one had it's moments also, but it was normal as any other.

Last edited by Swamp Dweller; 7/17/11 at 04:31 PM.
Old 7/18/11, 11:09 AM

I have driven 3 track prepped 05-07 Mustangs, all with "new" replacement 6 speed manual transmissions from the 2011 GT installed on the 4.6 V8. 2 of the 3 were grinding and wouldn't go into first gear without dropping to second first (not a problem on this particular track because it's 3-4-5 for the most part). One of them popped out of 3rd in a corner when I released the clutch - even after RPM matching. One of the 3 was flawless but it had less than an hour of track time on it. The shifting action of the 2 problematic ones was fairly squishy and sloppy....not fun.
Old 7/18/11, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Chevys.....I agree that there were some initial legit issues; clutch pedal/spring....Pressure Plate bolts that backed out on early 11 builds.

Every manual car I have driven, or owned has had it's moments...notchy gear engagement here and there, won't go into first a few times, etc. It is the nature of the beast, and I love it. They do tend to loosen up over time a bit.

Man I am 54( I know, old fart), I did all the tranny work at the dealership and dealt with these issues for many years. I know there are SOME legit issues that I hope DO get taken care of. I do believe though that there are a lot of inexperienced stick drivers getting these cars and as soon as somebody says something about a notchy shift, there is this "Yeah, me too" mentality that seems to take over, and yes, they are out there BEATING on them. Like I said, it is on every message board, Honda Accord, Camaro, Challenger, etc.....

Oh, and I do love my Chevys too, you ought to drive some of my old 67, 68,69 Camaros with the Muncie's. You want to talk about notchy and irrational shifters. Then again, I got rid of an 09 Accord Coupe M5, to get the Mustang. That one had it's moments also, but it was normal as any other.
Hahaa 100% agree. I admit I'm an inexperienced manual driver with only 2 years experience, but I learned to drive manuals on my dads 68 camaro. Man that car has a crazy tranny but I got so used to it don't really notice anything with my car. Yea it's notchy sometimes and inconsistent with it's smoothness but it's seriously nothing compared to my dads car. Some people I guess just don't have experience with touchy trannys.

Last edited by flySWA737; 7/18/11 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: The 2011 6 speed manuals ??