2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 5.0 "cammed " idle...w/video

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/11, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds real good. i wonder if anyone has this tune running an auto??
Old 3/24/11, 05:35 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by SurfnSoCal
YES!

Other thoughts on it? I'm assuming they took all your mods in to consideration when doing this tune, right?
Too soon to say. I haven't driven it yet, but will go out for a cruise once the wife gets home.

This is handled the exact same way as any other tune. So yes, all other mods are considered in the tune. It's just an additional feature.

I can say this, it is loud as hell in the car! **** thing shakes like a BBF with a huge cam in it.

I love it. That video was after it idled for a few minutes.

Here's a video from the cold start, right after the rpms dropped down from warming the "cats".

Last edited by S197 GT; 3/24/11 at 05:41 PM.
Old 3/24/11, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

My reply from American Muscle.com / BAMA were quite different...

"Thanks for emailing in. We don’t have any plans for that now, but possibly in the future. Keep checking in with us. I hope this helps. Thanks, and have a nice day!"
Old 3/24/11, 08:46 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

One of these videos is messed up the editor squashed it I am trying to fix it now

Last night, I stopped by Livernois Motorsports for a tune update. I am going to be removing the cats, so I had them shut off the rear 02’s and also give me a file with “simulated” camshafts.

Rick didn’t have the HD camera, so the sound and image quality aren’t great, but you get the idea.

Then when I left Livernois I drove straight to our shop (Rehagen Racing) and took off the cats and the Dynomax 3" exhaust (no resonators) and put n stock mid pipes (2.75") and a brand new pair of GT-500 mufflers.

The shakes pretty good at idle just like the FRPP Hot Rod cams or even something bigger....

Here is a video of the old setup (new setup videos are on page 8):

Dynomax Race Bullet 3" no resonators with cats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11XdsYWWr1M

FRPP GT-500 Mufflers, stock mid pipes (with resonators) and off road H pipe (yes H not X, and yes it was on purpose):

By the way, the catless H piped GT-500 exhaust is by far THE best sounding exhaust I have heard to date for the coyote 5.0. I have had Dynomax, Stainless works, Corsa, Flowmaster and Borla on my car and this is king.
The tone is AMAZING, still ZERO drone (its goota be the mix of the resonators and a chambered muffler) but when you get after it it is F'ing LOUD!

Last edited by Stinger1982; 3/28/11 at 05:06 PM.
Old 3/24/11, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That sounds really good. All of this is making the wait that much harder. one day at a time...

idk if its just me but does the 1st clip in this thread sound more aggressive?

Last edited by SynisterGT; 3/24/11 at 10:17 PM.
Old 3/24/11, 10:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That video Shaun posted is nowhere near the true quality of hearing it in person. I was skeptical and heard it last night, it sounds extremely good in person. I'm definitely thinking of having Livernois do my Steeda CAI + Boss 302 Manifold + idle lope tune in the future.
Old 3/25/11, 01:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds very nice... bama just needs to get off there *** and complete theres.. people want it, go blast sct and get the rest of ecu unlocked.
Old 3/25/11, 09:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

wow sounds great guys!
Old 3/25/11, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
Too soon to say. I haven't driven it yet, but will go out for a cruise once the wife gets home.

This is handled the exact same way as any other tune. So yes, all other mods are considered in the tune. It's just an additional feature.

I can say this, it is loud as hell in the car! **** thing shakes like a BBF with a huge cam in it.

Here's a video from the cold start, right after the rpms dropped down from warming the "cats".

Interested in getting your impressions while driving.

I'm not sure why but the sound in your video, compared to Shaun's, does not sound as deep. Possibly due to the x-pipe vs. h-pipe, or the camera/mic?

Does it sound fairly deep and rumble?

Last edited by SurfnSoCal; 3/25/11 at 09:35 AM.
Old 3/25/11, 11:41 AM
3rd Times A Charm

It drives like a dream. I drove around for an hour last night doing a whole lot of stop and go.

Some things I noticed:

The RPMs will not drop below 1200 unless you are under 15mph. At that point they start to drop down and begin loping.

Throttle response is as crisp as I've ever had it. No more drive by wire feeling.

I'm getting better gas mileage.

All in all no complaints.

I would consider most sound variances as exhaust related. The O/R H would be deeper, but mine does sound amazing in person.
Old 3/25/11, 09:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by S197 GT

Can you give it some revs so we can hear how it settles back down into the lope?...
Old 3/25/11, 11:02 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by laserred38
Can you give it some revs so we can hear how it settles back down into the lope?...
No problem. I'll do it tomorrow morning and I'll post back here.
Old 3/26/11, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I've sent these videos around to some friends and they're showing others. Some people are now talking to ford dealers

I'm definitely getting this for my car.
Old 3/26/11, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3/26/11, 01:16 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Weather is crap, waiting for the rain to stop to convince the wife to come out in the rain.
Old 3/26/11, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
My reply from American Muscle.com / BAMA were quite different...

"Thanks for emailing in. We don’t have any plans for that now, but possibly in the future. Keep checking in with us. I hope this helps. Thanks, and have a nice day!"
Hey, can you forward this email to me at chris.rose[at]americanmuscle.com?

The rep was misinformed. It doesn't sound like it was a Bama rep, but a response from AM Support. I'll make sure that they know it's being done...

Any time you have absolutely any questions about tuning from Bama, contact them directly so that you get taken care of the right way. Sorry about the reply... was a pretty crappy response anyway!
Old 3/26/11, 09:04 PM
Cobra R Member

AMChrisRose, so AM will sell this type of tuner? I didn't care to buy it for perf upgrades, I would to get that sound! My buddy has bought tuners from you a lot! He says I need to buy from you if I ever do. Thanks!!
Old 3/27/11, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Hey, can you forward this email to me at chris.rose[at]americanmuscle.com?

The rep was misinformed. It doesn't sound like it was a Bama rep, but a response from AM Support. I'll make sure that they know it's being done...

Any time you have absolutely any questions about tuning from Bama, contact them directly so that you get taken care of the right way. Sorry about the reply... was a pretty crappy response anyway!
so i take it yall have made progress with SCT reguarding idleing and still running?
Old 3/27/11, 10:59 AM

I shot a really good one last night after the Texas Mile. I'll put it up when I get home from work.

It "switches" between the two maps seamlessly, no hesitation or glitch or anything at all. Revs like stock except for one thing...it drives like a bat out of hell. Seriously, the thing is stupid fast now.

My brother has a gutted WS6 that is putting out about 427rwhp, and when I got my car initially we raced and he left me at the line, and kept pulling like I was not even trying, really... it was sad. Now, we take off and his rear bumper launches to my front bumper and I stay right there with him all the way to 125mph or so, then we backed off.

So, from my ***-dyno, and what my brother's car used to do to mine, I'd say it's not just faster, but ****-tons faster. We'll see what the dyno say's later this week.

Last edited by Digital_Synapse; 3/27/11 at 11:24 AM.
Old 3/27/11, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

that just sounds mean Synapse... you sir have just convinced me to switch over to that tune..... that is sick...

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 "cammed " idle...w/video