2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010 Coupe without camo...

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/08 | 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

i actually like the near rear end and new tailights. the recent model made me love the retro so i cant compain about any of them
Old 9/14/08 | 08:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Fight! Fight!Fight! Fight! Fight!

Old 9/14/08 | 08:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
...I was not demanding nor asking for respect as you put it. I could genuinely care less if I have it from any of you.
Hmmmm... Sounds like someone has a case of the "crankys".

Seriously, If you feel the need to defend your opinion to this level, I recommend you use the PM feature. That way, none of us need experience your discontent.
Old 9/14/08 | 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

i got my money on arin
Old 9/14/08 | 09:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

^me too!
Old 9/14/08 | 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

lol yea but theirs no need for violence so lets get back to the thread
Old 9/14/08 | 09:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

^Yep. So basically half like the rear end and half don't. I'm not a big fan of it, but it isn't that bad considering it's a restyling of the current one.
Old 9/14/08 | 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

yea im just a big fan of good looking cars
Old 9/14/08 | 09:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by edumspeed
^Yep. So basically half like the rear end and half don't. I'm not a big fan of it, but it isn't that bad considering it's a restyling of the current one.
No car I've ever bought has been absolutley 100% to my liking. There's always compromises. It's like a relationship. You take it all and deal with the shortcomings.
Old 9/14/08 | 09:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

^Agreed
Old 9/14/08 | 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

walt i couldent agree with you more.
Old 9/14/08 | 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Some of you are drastically over reacting to this little refresh. While it may appeal to some people more than others (and to some, not at all), I hardly think it's different enough to be as bad as "all that". While there are aspect about the refresh I'm not sure about, I think it is at least worth waiting to see the final product before I started ranting and wailing about it.
Old 9/14/08 | 12:56 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I can trivialize the effort that went into the taillamps because in my opinion it does looks like something restyled in five minutes by a six year old using MSPaint. If they spent that much time designing that look with two angled straight lines then they are not very creative or artistic. I am sure much engineering, time and expertise that was not rivial went into making that taillamp look like crap.

An educated experienced designer can design all they want but what matters if what he does looks good or not. No one will be impressed on how much expertise when into engineering an ugly taillamp if people dont like it.

I was not demanding nor asking for respect as you put it. I could genuinely care less if I have it from any of you. The only reason I made the statement about being around so many years is that I don't need anyone to tell me what's involved in car design when I already know and have studied it since my childhood. So here are people on here half my age who don't even know me assume I don't know anything about car design and want to preach to me with a preconception of what they think I do not know.

Designers can be a real pain in the butt asserting that some of the crap they dole as design is gold just because their egos decree it so. It always fun to watch those egos crush when their "show" is cancelled.
While you never directly asked for respect, the manner in which you brought up your age seemed to imply it. You used your X number of years around mustangs to justify why you can make the criticisms you had made.

your comment about how a designer can do good work but not make a good design is irrelevant until the majority of the target audience thinks that it is a bad design. When that happens, it DOES become a major design flaw. If this car comes out and everyone complains about the tailights, then you will have a vaild point, but until then its just a difference in our personal tastes.

The six year old comment I had a problem with NOT because you disliked the taillights, but with the manner in which you conducted your criticism. One would expect a better criticism from someone who, as you have stated, knows all about the design process and what it takes to design a car. Instead of saying something like "I really don't think the curvature of the tailight works well, and the shape of the bumper is far less appealing than the last body's..." or something to that effect, I really wouldn't have had any sort of issue with your post.

If your post was a little more full of content rather than a not so funny joke, i suspect there would have been alot to talk about with regard to bumper/tailight design and who knows what more. But the way your post was set up did not help establish you as someone who could have alot of viable input in such a discussion. Whether or not that is true wasn't pertinent at the time, because you had given the impression that you were not going to provide useful dialogue

I understand that this is a forum, and we can all be goofy and whatnot, but criticism is worth alot more when its not also trying to be a derogatory joke.

Never would I ask you to change your personal preferences on the car. I'm just trying to say that you, instead of making a real, legitimate criticism, you resorted to mockery, and that really did alot to hamper your credibility, which is unfortunate since you say you have plenty of experience in the design field.
Old 9/14/08 | 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey arin just drop it man you dont have to bring yourself to his level. You no better and he should too but he should just shut up and go to a diffrent form then start an argument

plus if you two did get in it me and ed has money on you lol
Old 9/14/08 | 01:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by future9er24
While you never directly asked for respect, the manner in which you brought up your age seemed to imply it. You used your X number of years around mustangs to justify why you can make the criticisms you had made.

your comment about how a designer can do good work but not make a good design is irrelevant until the majority of the target audience thinks that it is a bad design. When that happens, it DOES become a major design flaw. If this car comes out and everyone complains about the tailights, then you will have a vaild point, but until then its just a difference in our personal tastes.

The six year old comment I had a problem with NOT because you disliked the taillights, but with the manner in which you conducted your criticism. One would expect a better criticism from someone who, as you have stated, knows all about the design process and what it takes to design a car. Instead of saying something like "I really don't think the curvature of the tailight works well, and the shape of the bumper is far less appealing than the last body's..." or something to that effect, I really wouldn't have had any sort of issue with your post.

If your post was a little more full of content rather than a not so funny joke, i suspect there would have been alot to talk about with regard to bumper/tailight design and who knows what more. But the way your post was set up did not help establish you as someone who could have alot of viable input in such a discussion. Whether or not that is true wasn't pertinent at the time, because you had given the impression that you were not going to provide useful dialogue

I understand that this is a forum, and we can all be goofy and whatnot, but criticism is worth alot more when its not also trying to be a derogatory joke.

Never would I ask you to change your personal preferences on the car. I'm just trying to say that you, instead of making a real, legitimate criticism, you resorted to mockery, and that really did alot to hamper your credibility, which is unfortunate since you say you have plenty of experience in the design field.

+1,000,000!!!! Very, very very well said. Your mature, well-articulated communication ability will serve you well in your career!
Old 9/14/08 | 01:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Yeah Arin, chill out
Old 9/14/08 | 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

still looking for a beter pic of the gt's fascia.....
Old 9/14/08 | 06:54 PM
V6 Member

THANK GOD! NO FAKE SCOOPS!
Old 9/14/08 | 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

+1! no fake scoops and a great looking quarter window..
Old 9/14/08 | 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

gotta agree with you two and they are gonna be awsome

Quick Reply: 2010 Coupe without camo...