2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Coupe without camo...

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/08, 01:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live less then a mile from the Ford test track, research and development, and the experimental vehicles building. I see these camo vehicles pretty much every day... Anyways, I decided to put some rollar blades on and head that way with my digital camera to see If any 2010's were driving around. Obviously you can't see in the test track or experimental building, but everything else is pretty open with a main road that goes down the middle. So I just rolled down the main road (Oakwood blvd) with camera in hand. Didn't see anything on the way there (except a bunch of what looked like Fusions wrapped in camo, but could have been Mondeo's or something) Well at this point I figured I wasted a bunch of time, untill I heard the groan of a Mustang engine. I looked up and there it was 2010 (white with the black dots) exiting the test track area (about a 1/2 short block from me) He really punched it and I couldn't catch up... Something about a V8 vs Rollarblades Anyways, to make a long story short I missed the shot, but you better believe I'll be there tomorrow

Oh, It was cool to se in person
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Coupe without camo...-ford.jpg  

Last edited by Cocheese; 9/11/08 at 02:43 PM.
Old 9/11/08, 01:49 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by watchdevil
It looked fine to me... I was excited as if it was the second coming!

thats because it was

Old 9/11/08, 01:51 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cocheese
Anyways, to make a long story short I missed the shot, but you better believe I'll be there tomorrow

AWESOME

and I will be here to look for your post

Old 9/11/08, 01:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Now THAT'S funny!
Old 9/11/08, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Burke0011
Yeah future powerplants aside....

I am going by gut reaction and I know I haven't seen it in full production trim with regular paint, etc....

But it just didn't grab me the way the silver with white stripe S197 did when i first saw it back in 03/04 in the auto show pics
Originally Posted by Reminisce
Yeah same here. Its definitely a nice refresh, a step forward indeed and I'm sure it will tide over very well, but as it stands now, I will continue to enjoy (and pay off) my S197 . I was holding out on getting FI to see how the new one looks.
Agreed. Looks fine, but it didn't wow me.
Old 9/11/08, 05:34 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyways, to make a long story short I missed the shot, but you better believe I'll be there tomorrow

Sweet! Ill be here waiting for ya! And you should twinturbo those roller blades itll give you a fighting chance
Old 9/11/08, 06:04 PM
GT Member

Thanks for keeping me motivated, even though I saw one today.. I almost got discouraged after almost falling at an intersection, then I got stung by a bee (not fun BTW, my arm still has a stinging feeling) But if I get some pictures out of the deal, it will be worth it
Old 9/11/08, 06:11 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
way to take one for the team!
Old 9/11/08, 06:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Thanks for keeping me motivated, even though I saw one today.. I almost got discouraged after almost falling at an intersection, then I got stung by a bee (not fun BTW, my arm still has a stinging feeling) But if I get some pictures out of the deal, it will be worth it
Dang, the things a man must do for some stang pics...We're all pullin for ya!
Old 9/11/08, 07:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by BlueDiamond
Its all starting to peice together nicely isnt it. I like the everything so far with the exception of the rear end, somthings just not right. hopefully there will be a ducktail or new spoiler to make it blend better into that short deck to complete the "fastback" look etc.
Also, looks like ford cant quite understand we hate the ride height and/or wheels that dont fill
up the wheel wells. But, Im more optimistic now after seeing this pic. Im sure there are more good things that have yet to be revealed.
Great front end, with fogs, new hood and hips. bring on the 5.0 and lets roll with it....
I'm going to agree here. I was very afraid that things would be completely messed up, but honestly its not bad at all. I really like the front, but I like the back less than the current model. All in all, I'm relieved and happy with it.
Old 9/11/08, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Same here bud, but I also envy the concave tail panel! That looks sweet!!!

I am really impressed with this design! That said, I will enjoy my car (I LOVE MY CAR), and save my pennies (once its paid off in a year or so) so I can have the All-New 2014 Mustang (total redesign & re-engineered, including chassis), with the 50th Anniversary Package option!! THAT is the next Mustang I want!!
Jeff you may hae inside info. BuT HELL no, they may do another SN95!

disclaimer: Haven't read full thread.
Old 9/11/08, 11:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
Ford GT is not Mustang GT

Certain things CAN get reworked, but visuals aren't one of them, not this close.

Production... earlier than that...
Boomer, that isn't really true. Remember when they showed everyone the new 2008 Focus? It had those horrid chromed out, rectangular fog lamp housing? Everyone complained, the "focus groups" complained, and Ford caved and changed them to black, circular ones! And this was after the car was shown in Detroit! Don't think they can't change something, just because Job#1 is only a few months later. They can, and have done so. Lets hope they do change the lower rear bumper a tad.
Old 9/11/08, 11:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Rapture
Jeff you may hae inside info. BuT HELL no, they may do another SN95!

disclaimer: Haven't read full thread.
Hey Rusty, I have no inside info. I'm just stating that I want a 50th Anniversary Package car. Remember 2004? The Crimson, with Gold Stripe GTs? Was a very cool looking car! No spoiler, and a special color. That is what I want to see when the 2014 model gets released. Even if its a Job#2 special. That is what I want.
Old 9/11/08, 11:30 PM
Bullitt Member

cocheese!!! thats sweet thanks for the info!!! and if you get the chance shoot the gt from the front so we can get a better look! your the man!!
Old 9/12/08, 07:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

The one thing I am not likeing right now is the fact that the green house didn't change. I know why, it is dam expensive to change that part but I don't think it fits well with the body changes. That is from what we have seen so far.

I think this is one case where the VERT will look really awsome and even better that the Hard top.
Old 9/12/08, 09:48 AM
GT Member

I went from being excited a week ago to realizing it isn't going to be my taste. I was so ready for a streamlined mustang just like the Giugiaro concept. I find the 2010 to be box-e still and I dislike the new interior designs. I thought the Giugiaro concept was alittle out there when I first saw it. But after my excitment for the 2010 brought me back to looking at the photos of the concept...I am MORE excited over the concept then the 2010 release....sad sad sad. Let me know where to sign on the bottom line for a Giugiaro concept... I may not have a trunk, but I'll still be happy with it The tacky interior would have to go as well, but thats easy to fix. I sooo want one! The camaro looks more like the concept then the 2010 mustang! All they did was change the body panels...try starting with the frame ford!?

Forget the 2010, im going to get a 2009 and start the mods I guess
Old 9/12/08, 11:28 AM
Big Falken Tires

Well they always said that 2010 was not a completely new design - that doesn't happen until what - 2012 I think?

And the Guigaro concept was always tagged as being a design test and not the Ford 2010 concept

But I do find it interesting the different reactions on both sides of the fence from what we have seen. Will be real interesting to see the first one with regular paint, etc....
Old 9/12/08, 12:17 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
thats because it was

you love throwing that one in when you can arin. That one is a classic.
Old 9/12/08, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
Well I feel better about the coupe pics only because the shoulders/hips/haunches are evident and the bodysides look okay. However the ugly sickle shaped taillamps have to go. I don't even mind as much that they turn up on the ends, but they come to a down point then turn up towards the decklid. Very awkward and unattractive. If the only looked more like the Jalopnik pics where the bottom of the taillamps goes straight accross even with the bottom of the decklid until it makes the turn up towards the quarter panel ends. The rear deck badge is too big. It looks like someone mounted a commemorative dinner plate on the back.

The turn signals inboard of the headlamps make it crowded and unecessarily cluttered. With the sidmarkers still looking like slightly abbreviated versions of the current model, they should have left well enough alone and left the headlamp area uncluttered.

Overall, the front and rear details could have been a lot more creative and attractive.
watchdevil here has hit the nail on the head.

Just suppose in late 2004 Ford had announced that there would be two different 2005 Mustangs sold side-by-side in 2005 and continuing. One of the 2005 Mustangs would be the current S197 as we know it, and this one. I think the current S197 would have outsold this one by four-to-one, maybe five-to-one, and possibly six-to-one. Both are nice, but the current S197 is tasteful, sleek, purposeful, and frankly beautiful. The 2010 is clearly closely-related to the current S197, but there seems to be too many styling gimmicks--hideous front turnsignals in the headlight bezels (about as gimmicky as it can get), a Shelby-ish grille (which we've seen on every Shelby for several years now), and "styling" for stylings sake in the taillights and that dreadful Chevy Avalanche roadkill cladding panel at the bottom of the rear bumper. Hurl and hurl some more!!!

Leave the roadkill cladding to Pontiacs, Avalanches, and Elements!!! Didn't the Aztek--cough, hack, wheeze--have cladding at the bottom of its rear bumper just like this?

I can say this--if the 2010 Mustang had been the 2005, and the 2005 had been the 2010--we'd all be on our hands and knees right now giving devout thanks and praise to our various deities that the Supreme Being(s) of your choice had saved the Mustang at last! Confess ye sinners, thou knowest thou would! Or something sorta King Jamesy like that...

Greg "Eights" Ates

Sincerely, King James
Old 9/12/08, 12:59 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
you love throwing that one in when you can arin. That one is a classic.
I guarantee that I will use that picture every chance I get

Quick Reply: 2010 Coupe without camo...